Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Anyone got an ETA on U32? (Read 9450 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Anyone got an ETA on U32?
Reply #25 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 4:10am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 1:32am:
If the CC allows me to make 14/6/3rd ability and 2 slot items I'll be ecstatic, and I'll gladly finish leveling my CC skill(s).  But I'm not willing to bet a wooden nickel on the system working as they have said it will work.  Because that way lies madness.

I'm hoping they allow that. If they do then it rewards the highest level of crafters and still keeps the rand-gen loot lottery in place.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:01am
Print Post  
Anyone have a good method for getting a pile of soul stones for CC?  I don't run casters much, so just casting the damn spell isn't an option.  I'd make a GS item, maybe a repeater for 3 chances per shot of collecting one, but does that work, or are the save DCs lousy enough that it's a poor option?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #27 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:41am
Print Post  
Iconic throw away caster with TTS.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #28 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 3:11am:
was 14 promised somewhere? I kinda expect it to end at 12-13. probably 13

They have not said/promised a specific value for each ML.  What they have said is the values will be at the top of the normal range for that ML for each effect.  RLG has the masterwork attribute that can give an effect a value higher than the top of the normal range for the ML  (like getting a +16 stat on an ML 30 item).  It is possible that +15 is actually the top of the normal range for ML 30.  +14 is definitely part of the normal range for ML 30 (I think the range is +11-14 or +11-15), from my experience with random loot.  But they have never published the normal ranges for any ML for any effects, so it's hard to say for sure.

If they end up coming out with +13, that would not be consistent with their "top of the normal range" statements, imo.  That would be hugely disappointing.   

EDIT:  I don't want anyone to think I am suggesting that +15 will be what we get.  I doubt that highly.  I think +14 is a safe and reasonable bet.  Anything lower would be bullshit.
« Last Edit: Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:00am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #29 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:11am
Print Post  
GS heavy repeater, arty, IPS, fusillade. Take a soul bag from the portable hole with you.

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #30 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 8:01am:
Anyone have a good method for getting a pile of soul stones for CC?  I don't run casters much, so just casting the damn spell isn't an option.  I'd make a GS item, maybe a repeater for 3 chances per shot of collecting one, but does that work, or are the save DCs lousy enough that it's a poor option?

If I need them I use the hireling that has trap the soul, you won't need expensive spell components that way, if he can't land the spell just roll a toon with enervation, or something of the like to help out. You probably won't need to though most of the soul gems you need are from lower level quests.

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:47am
Print Post  
Dullknife wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:11am:
GS heavy repeater, arty, IPS, fusillade. Take a soul bag from the portable hole with you.

So the GS DC is workable?

Who Cares wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:
If I need them I use the hireling that has trap the soul [...]

Yeah, I tried using him.  I managed to get enough undead soul stones to make an undead bane item.  But not enough for more than one, so all my other crafted crap is lesser undead bane.  The issue is the usual one:  Hires suck.  I can hammer the Trap the Soul button a dozen times, and the hire will blithely stand there casting magic missile or some other crap, ignoring me all the while.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It'll be released approximately four weeks or so before it's ready.

This dude knows his Turbine!

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #33 - Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 11:34pm:
This dude knows his Turbine!

Just like you know greasy, grimey, uncircumsized black cocks, faggot!

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Jun 24th, 2016 at 12:00am
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 10:34am:
If I need them I use the hireling that has trap the soul, you won't need expensive spell components that way, if he can't land the spell just roll a toon with enervation, or something of the like to help out. You probably won't need to though most of the soul gems you need are from lower level quests.
Warlocks also don't need special spell components for it, but require more levels for an iconic.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #35 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 2:53am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 23rd, 2016 at 9:31am:
RLG has the masterwork attribute that can give an effect a value higher than the top of the normal range for the ML

I haven't paid enough attention to know how RNG masterwork is operating now, but I've seen enough to know it doesn't work like it used to.

Maybe there's a correspondence between masterwork and the actual attributes on an item, but if there's any connection anymore, it's the brand of vendor trash.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #36 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 2:53am:
I haven't paid enough attention to know how RNG masterwork is operating now, but I've seen enough to know it doesn't work like it used to.

Maybe there's a correspondence between masterwork and the actual attributes on an item, but if there's any connection anymore, it's the brand of vendor trash.

Masterwork now raises one (or more, but usually just one) value beyond the maximum possible for the ML of the item.  Masterwork does not affect whether the item will have 2 or 3 properties or whether it will have an augment slot.  It only applies to the part where the system is assigning a value to the effects on the item.  And the roll is independent for each effect, so you can have 1 masterwork value and 2 normal values.  If ANY of the effects rolled a masterwork value, then the item itself is called a masterwork item.

My experience has been that the masterwork effect is typically something like swim or deathblock.  Rarely is it something useful.  And, even if it is, it is combined with other effects that suck ass.  That's why I'm all for Cannith Crafting.  I can't afford to dedicate a gear slot to an item with only one useful effect, even if it is something like Str +17. 

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #37 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:23am
Print Post  

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #38 - Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:18am:
Masterwork now raises one (or more, but usually just one) value beyond the maximum possible for the ML of the item. [...] My experience has been that the masterwork effect is typically something like swim or deathblock.

Maybe attributes like deathblock are why my experience is of masterwork (just to piss off eighnuss) RNG items that are usually worse than other gear of the same ML. A ML30 "masterwork" belt of deathblock and 130 resonance can't help but leave a bad impression.

My suspicion is that mastercrafted RNG gear receives a chance for one of its attributes to exceed the normal range for that level. Sometimes a successful chance is disguised, as you said, because of attributes like deathblock, but sometimes nothing's overlevel and it gets called "mastercrafted" anyway. Because it coulda been a contenda.

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #39 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 5:08am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jun 25th, 2016 at 10:18pm:
My suspicion is that mastercrafted RNG gear receives a chance for one of its attributes to exceed the normal range for that level. Sometimes a successful chance is disguised, as you said, because of attributes like deathblock, but sometimes nothing's overlevel and it gets called "mastercrafted" anyway. Because it coulda been a contenda.

Or Turdbins are shit at coding proper RNG rule set   Cheesy

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #40 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 9:58am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Jun 26th, 2016 at 5:08am:
And Turdbins are shit at coding proper RNG rule set

We all know this is true. That makes it weird to say, "or".

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Jun 26th, 2016 at 4:55pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 22nd, 2016 at 12:42pm:
Can't stand the motherboards and was just wondering if we should expect it anytime soon.

It went live on Friday, don't worry though lamma isn't until next week  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint