Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70417 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #150 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:57am:
The zero sneak attack time was > 100 seconds. Swapping TF daggers and DPS necklace for Agony, Ass Kiss, and Golden Guile (for triple deception) got times < 60 seconds.

all lama builds used avithoul seal+dragon masque. times were slower without one when I tried the melee tests.

theyre not immune to bluffs.
« Last Edit: Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:06pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #151 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:04pm:
theyre not immune to bluffs.

Deception worked normally, but Assassin's Trick and Shiv were not proccing SA damage at all on my tests.

all lama builds used avithoul seal+dragon masque. times were slower without one when I tried the melee tests.

GXbow is going to not be sneak attacking a significant chunk of time with only 1 proc source. You should get a better time with with Divine Artillery than TF.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #152 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 12:25pm:
with only 1 proc source.

used avithoul seal+dragon masque. times were slower without one

isn't that 2 procs?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #153 - Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:32pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 13th, 2016 at 8:18pm:
Oh, I agree. But the I dont see anything dethroning the monk wolf. Aside it being the glassiest glass cannon of all time. I peeled off 44 seconds on 34pt build, 1 rogue past life for the active feat. No other lives. No vacuum. Missing at least 3 dmg from monk, 3 dmg from arcane lives, colors and 10 dstrike short of max. Problem is the softness of it and it has to melee.

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 9:33am:
got a 37 second time today. Someone with max dps lives, lgs vacuum, and toee set should go and see just how fast the best time could be. I'm thinking low twenties.

So has this officially dethroned the Wolf yet? I swear I always outkilled every wolf I ever ran with. Part of that is IPS and my ability to hit more mobs at once, but looks like single target alone is in the ball park now a days.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #154 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:15am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 11:32pm:
So has this officially dethroned the Wolf yet? I swear I always outkilled every wolf I ever ran with. Part of that is IPS and my ability to hit more mobs at once, but looks like single target alone is in the ball park now a days.

Possibly. But the wolf for top dps is 10dr/6rgr/4mnk, and not the common fighter splashed version everyone is running with. Based off lama toon testing : no other melee build is even close to it. Not even close. I mean, 44 seconds, for a lama toon, meleeing in LD is absurdly stupid.

While I dont really think fully optimized wolf is capable of doing low twenties. I cant ever know unless I get someone with max dps lives and top gear set to go in there and test. If lama comes up again in the next 2-3 months I will do the stupid thing of getting 3 rogue, 3 monk, 3 martial, 3 primal, 3 arcane, and carpal tunnel. Using a copy from live with lgs augments to make a vac ss/kama. A 15/7 str item, and I think that is it for the wolf build? Not really missing much gear for that overall.

However, I cant get the gear for the thrower because I would need toee set, first of all. Then add 3 ranger lives and 3 doubleshot primal lives to that already extensive list of past lives posted above. Someone could, with max lives, toee set and already made lgs augments, copy their toon over and make a quick lgs vac longbow in the dojo. Would also need to bring a 15/7 int item, a 15/7 wis item, and a 15/7 dex item.

Another thing, the 14/6 cannot get to 60 doubleshot as in the character sheet I posted. With doubleshot lives the 12/6/2 gets to 69. What is the highest dubshot item? 12? That would put it at 73 max dubshot.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #155 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:35am
Print Post  
Oh, and also, I think times may be faster for the LD builds if they swapped over to DC. It should give the wolf a good shot at beating or coming close to the thrower.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #156 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:35am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 20th, 2016 at 4:38pm:
isn't that 2 procs?

My understanding from back-in-the-day testing is that Improved Deception from the ring would overwrite the regular Deception from the Masque. So you could get either regular or improved to all attacks from an accessory and then also have one or the other on the actual weapons.

Though there is the new Deception with the built in damage bonus and that may stack differently.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 12:32pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:35am:
My understanding from back-in-the-day testing is that Improved Deception from the ring would overwrite the regular Deception from the Masque. So you could get either regular or improved to all attacks from an accessory and then also have one or the other on the actual weapons.

Though there is the new Deception with the built in damage bonus and that may stack differently.

should be able to stack improved deception item+ improved deception weapon, with a deception item + deception weapon

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #158 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 9:02am:
Nokowi tested that, where he concluded that the highest deception on 1 accesory piece and 1 weapon piece stack, but regular deception and imp deception wont stack.
So if you had for example a ee backstabers and dragon masque only backstabers would allow any effect at all.
Also tested myself since i was working on deception procs on a test wolf build and his tests are correct.

Video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8a6L1zL56SI
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:51pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #159 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:27pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Nokowi tested that, where he concluded that the highest deception on 1 accesory piece and 1 weapon piece stack, but regular deception and imp deception wont stack.
So if you had for example a ee backstabers and dragon masque only backstabers would allow any effect at all.

that makes your triple deception false then. Since following nokowi's testing would make your set up only count Improved Deception, and not imp dec Agony + imp dec Guile + decpetion Kiss.

Why were the times so much faster in that case?
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:41pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #160 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
Only assassins and mechs could fit in double matching deception types into gear set currently. Divine Artillery + Strange Tidings/Dragon Masque for mech. Agony/Kiss + Backstabber's/Guile for assassin. Not feasible on a thrower.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #161 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:27pm:
that makes your triple deception false then.

True, I was mistaken. I didn't look up Lelo's post until just now, but I should have known better from using Deception offhanders with shuriken.

Since following nokowi's testing would make your set up only count Improved Deception, and not imp dec Agony + imp dec Guile + decpetion Kiss.

No, the testing showed that you could stack Deception from a weapon with Deception from an item and have two procs, but that regular deception would be "overwritten" if there was also Imp Deception equipped from that source. So max would be 10% + 10%.

Why were the times so much faster in that case?

I got the time with no deception. Then I swapped in GG, saw I was getting SA but it wasn't fulltime, so I aborted that run and swapped out both daggers to get the better time. (I only should have swapped out one of them.)

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 4:47pm:
Not feasible on a thrower.

Rebellion is a pretty good offhand. With Shuriken RoF, most builds probably do good enough with just one 10% item though.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #162 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:24pm:
Rebellion is a pretty good offhand.

Probably still better gear set using toee set and Masque. Would have to test times not using bursts to see if Guile's improved deception would be better than Masque's deception + 2d6 neg dmg per shuri. I wouldn't give up Gages with their 2d6 light per shuri for Backstabber's Improved Deception. 

5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:24pm:
So max would be 10% + 10%.

Yeah. Feasible on Assassin only. What else will give up a weapon slot for an ID weapon.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:40pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #163 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:21pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 6:38pm:
Probably still better gear set using toee set and Masque. Would have to test times not using bursts to see if Guile's improved deception would be better than Masque's deception + 2d6 neg dmg per shuri. I wouldn't give up Gages with their 2d6 light per shuri for Backstabber's Improved Deception. 

Yeah. Feasible on Assassin only. What else will give up a weapon slot for an ID weapon.

2d6 from Gages is pretty small outside of undead quest when you look at the bigger DPS picture, especially if you're building for SA damage as some builds do. Even having SA damage just 5-10% more of the time from slotting deception is probably more than 2d6 non scaling light proc for any build with greater than 10d6 equivalent SA damage.

I would have to run my DPS model to say that with 100% certainty, but in my head math checks out on that.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:46pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:21pm:
Even having SA damage just 5-10% more of the time from slotting deception is probably more than 2d6 non scaling light proc for any build with greater than 10d6 equivalent SA damage.

Deception would still come in the form of either neck slot for Guile or Helm slot for Masque. At 5% though for the Helm slot only. A really good rng glove (say tendon slice + devotion+ insightful stat) could replace the Gages. I don't think the Backstabber's would be better than Masque + Gages. If you're saying 10% deception is that much better than just Masque then Improved Deception could come on either Neck or Ring slots.

The best helm is probably going to be, for the foreseeable future, the Dragon Masque.
Best necklace? Guile
Best rings? Ring of Prowess (always) and Avithoul seal?

Guess depending on what rng rings and necklaces you have then will allow you to slot Improved Deception on the weakest one.

A slight benefit of the Drow Seal is one less accessory to worry about if trying to fit in LGS sets.

« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:48pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #165 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:46pm:
Deception would still come in the form of either neck slot for Guile or Helm slot for Masque. At 5% though for the Helm slot only. A really good rng glove (say tendon slice + devotion+ insightful stat) could replace the Gages. I don't think the Backstabber's would be better than Masque + Gages. If you're saying 10% deception is that much better than just Masque then Improved Deception could come on either Neck or Ring slots.

The best helm is probably going to be, for the foreseeable future, the Dragon Masque.
Best necklace? Guile

Guess depending on what rng rings and necklaces you have then will allow you to slot Improved Deception on the weakest one.

A slight benefit of the Drow Seal is one less accessory to worry about if trying to fit in LGS sets.

Iwould have to log in to look at my last equipment set, though I had 3 or 4 different outfit changes for different situations. Also, I stopped at u28 so I know there's some new stuff.

I definitely farmed hard and made good use of RNG before I left. I think I have 14/6 Wisdom Goggs and like 7 insight dex boots and maybe 15 dex glvoes? I just can't remember. But yeah Cannith crafting update will be this builds best friend.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:20pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #166 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 1:15am:
Another thing, the 14/6 cannot get to 60 doubleshot as in the character sheet I posted. With doubleshot lives the 12/6/2 gets to 69. What is the highest dubshot item? 12? That would put it at 73 max dubshot.

Also I was meaning to ask where does the /2 fighter get more doubleshot? More Monk in 14m/6Ranger levels means more doubleshot during 10k.
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:26pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #167 - Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:46pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 7:46pm:

Best necklace? Guile

I ran my shuri life with Force imbues and the following gear setup and had no complaints.  Only thing I was really missing was Seeker.
Goggles - Visions of Precision
Helmet - Sightless
Necklace - Eidolons
Trinket - eLitany
Armor - ToEE robe
Cloak - Legendary Earthen Mantle
Wrists - Legendary Magewright's Toolkit
Belt - Legendary Animated Rope
Ring1 - Strange Tidings
Boots - Boots of Blessed Travels
Gloves - EE Backstabber's Gloves
Ring 2 - Legendary Ring of Prowess
Main Hand - LGS Shuriken (Shocking+Negative Burst+2 Exceptional Dex+Vacuum)  / Mortal Fear TF Shuriken
Offhand - ToEE kama
« Last Edit: Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:59pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #168 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 12:26am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:20pm:
But yeah Cannith crafting update will be this builds best friend.

definitely

harharharhar wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:25pm:
Also I was meaning to ask where does the /2 fighter get more doubleshot?

feature  Wink

Digimonk wrote on Aug 21st, 2016 at 11:46pm:
Goggles - Visions of Precision
Helmet - Sightless
Necklace - Eidolons
Trinket - eLitany
Armor - ToEE robe
Cloak - Legendary Earthen Mantle
Wrists - Legendary Magewright's Toolkit
Ring1 - Strange Tidings
Boots - Boots of Blessed Travels
Gloves - EE Backstabber's Gloves
Ring 2 - Legendary Ring of Prowess
Main Hand - LGS Shuriken (Shocking+Negative Burst+2 Exceptional Dex+Vacuum)  / Mortal Fear TF Shuriken
Offhand - ToEE kama

That seems pretty good.

Good RNG loot would allow for a more optimized set up. Even going far as using another LGS for 15/7 wis to swap every 30 seconds before 10k activation. Then can replace the cloak for Hamp Mysterious Clk, or Freezing Ice cloak for more cc options, or another RNG cloak. Since 15/7 wisdom is higher than the 12/4/4 set up in your gear set, you will not be losing anything for 10k. And gaining a new cloak.  Also it replaces your goggle slot as well making sure you can fit in seeker there through RNG or Mentau's.

a 15/7 dex glove would also let you swap out Backstabber's and Strange Tidings for Avithoul. Gaining more Dex. You would then need a insightful con item in either your necklace or bracers as you will be getting more dex from a 15/7 item than 12/4/4. That now frees up both neck and bracers slot. Say 15/7 con necklace and then only have to worry about the bracers.  Which could be Sheltering/insightful sheltering and now that frees up your helm for more dps in Masque, or 15/7 int for KtA. The quiver will cover the ranged power from Sightless gone.   

Sheltering/Inishgtful Sheltering can also come up on the helm, in which case you may want Int/ins int on your cloak instead.

Wait. there's more. The boots are only giving 2 dodge and fom. Can swap fom on as required and seeker/ins seeker boots. This would be better for fitting in a non-rng cloak like, Mysterious or Ice and keeping int/ins int on your Goggles.

proposed set up :
Goggle - 15/7 int
Helmet - Masque
Necklace - 15/7 con
Trinket - eLitany
Armor - ToEE robe
Cloak - Mysterious or Ice
Wrists - Sheltering/Insightful Sheltering
Ring1 - Avithoul
Boots - Seeker /Insightful Seeker
Gloves - 15/7 dex
Ring 2 - Prowess
Quiver - Dynamistic

If you wanted to keep Ghostly :
Goggle - Mentau's
Helmet - Masque
Necklace - 15/7 con
Trinket - eLitany
Armor - ToEE robe
Cloak - 15/7 Int
Wrists - Sheltering/Insightful Sheltering
Ring1 - Avithoul
Boots - Legendary Knife Toed Boots - now even have armor piercing when vacuuming and Manyshot-ing.
Gloves - 15/7 dex
Ring 2 - Prowess
Quiver - Dynamistic

The ghostly set up is 16 seeker, ghostly, and Armor Piercing.

The non-Ghostly is more seeker ( depending on rng values), and Hamp or Ice cloak. I think the ghostly set up is better though.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 12:52am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #169 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 12:57am
Print Post  
4 months ago max dex was using Devils Set + Litany with Loot Gen 15/7 Dex, if I recall correctly. But it's been too long I can't remember

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #170 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:01am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 12:57am:
4 months ago max dex was using Devils Set + Litany with Loot Gen 15/7 Dex, if I recall correctly. But it's been too long I can't remember

max dex would now require the magewright bracers.

Goggle - Mentau's
Helmet - Sheltering/Insightful Sheltering.
Necklace - 15/7 con
Trinket - eLitany
Armor - ToEE robe
Cloak - 15/7 Int
Wrists - Magewright quality dex 4.
Ring1 - Avithoul
Boots - Legendary Knife Toed Boots - now even have armor piercing when vacuuming and Manyshot-ing.
Gloves - 15/7 dex
Ring 2 - Prowess
Quiver - Dynamistic

If more fort is needed then Devil Commander boots, but you give up armor pierce and 4 seeker. Gain quality Prr.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #171 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:02am
Print Post  
slavers sets look like 17 dex / 4 quality dex on a slot.
then +2 artifact bonus from 5-piece set. Looks like about 50-100 runs of the chain to fill out a 5-piece.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #172 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:02am:
slavers sets look like 17 dex / 4 quality dex on a slot.
then +2 artifact bonus from 5-piece set.

How good are the items individually for the 5-piece +2 artifact set?

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #173 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:04am:
How good are the items individually for the 5-piece +2 artifact set?

Better than CC, but missing insightful stats and doublestrike I think. http://ddowiki.com/page/Update_32_named_items#New_crafting_mechanic

It is looking like what Greensteel should have been.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #174 - Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:23am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:07am:
missing insightful stats

Damn. even more of a rabbit hole. Missing dodge, insightful sheltering, insightful seeker, and stats. But that isn't major because 17/4 can replace 15/7. And high values can make up for Insightful Sheltering and Seeker

Max insightful Dex and Con would still need to be CCrafted. Can also potentially drop Prowess ring, but that is throwing away 7 ranged power and having only the quiver to cover for part of it.

Now the issue to me is what 5 set to wear? LGS Ender, or Slave Lord's Might?

LGS would be Ender, 5.5 Incorp, 18% hp

vs.

Slave Lord's Might +2 Artifact bonus to Dexterity, +4 Artifact bonus to Ranged Power, and+4 Artifact bonus to Deadly. Slave Lord's would let more stats come in through 17/4 sets. LGS would need some complex gear set up that I won't bother with for right now.
« Last Edit: Aug 22nd, 2016 at 1:30am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 13
Send TopicPrint