Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid) (Read 70485 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: Furicannon Build (Thrower/Bow hybrid)
Reply #225 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:21am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 3:09pm:
I run the Mac client and I have to restart every 10 Dungeons or so due to clipping issues Turbine has never fixed.

every ten quests. that sounds terrible. no wonder you quit.  Grin You're probably going to have to buy a cheap windows laptop and run that with low graphic settings. 400-500 dollar laptop can do heavy use for 2 years before the graphic card goes.

harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
How much is a CLW gonna hit for at 500 Pos Spellpower and 10+60+45 HAMP? Is that going to replace a cocoon?

Should be around 200 for normal and 400 for a crit on cocoon ticks at 500 positive and 100+ hamp.

Also, lama comes back up few weeks. Take your toon over and see what you get there.

LGS Vac Longbow. You can use altars there just make sure to bring mats. Use store LGS augment removers if you have them on copy.

Test to see if swapping out to a TF or a better bow is faster than just staying with LGS Vac. It will not take long to stack fully past the first 3 seconds or so on a manyshot. After that the TF has a vulnerable proc that should keep it at 20.

Check LD times without manyshot and 10k.
Check Fury times.
Check DC times. 154 doubleshot on manyshot with +1 crit range.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:39am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #226 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:21am:
every ten quests. that sounds terrible. no wonder you quit.   You're probably going to have to buy a cheap windows laptop and run that with low graphic settings. 400-500 dollar laptop can do heavy use for 2 years before the graphic card goes.

Actually given how blisteringly fast my MacBook Pro/SSD are, I can relog in about 30 seconds. I started on Windows 3.5 and Dos in the 1990's, and I will never willingly go back to Winblows. It's like punishment for people who love computing.

LGS Vac Longbow. You can use altars there just make sure to bring mats. Use store LGS augment removers if you have them on copy.

Test to see if swapping out to a TF or a better bow is faster than just staying with LGS Vac. It will not take long to stack fully past the first 3 seconds or so on a manyshot. After that the TF has a vulnerable proc that should keep it at 20.

Check Fury times.

Not sure what I owe the pleasure of this discourse on bows to, or did someone else ask the question? I use a 1st Degree/3rd Degree burns shuriken for getting Vuln stacks. It gets to 20 in about 4-5 seconds during 10k because of the on crit effect of 3rd degree. Not sure I would use all the mats to make an LGS vacuum bow, but I am considering it. I almost have enough for a vacuum item. Maybe I will make a bow and have the TF shuriken described above as a complete set.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #227 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Should be around 200 for normal and 400 for a crit on cocoon ticks at 500 positive and 100+ hamp.

My CLW question was rhetorical, as I was suggesting it's looney to think you would replace cocoon in LE quests with a 100-200pt CLW.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #228 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 2:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 12:38pm:
It gets to 20 in about 4-5 seconds during 10k because of the on crit effect of 3rd degree.

That is only on vorpals. And 1st degree has a cooldown of 2 seconds. Vacuum has no such limitations and can proc on every hit. You're suggesting 4 vorpals in 5 seconds. Vaccum doesnt need to hit that lottery.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #229 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 2:48pm:
That is only on vorpals. And 1st degree has a cooldown of 2 seconds. Vacuum has no such limitations and can proc on every hit. You're suggesting 4 vorpals in 5 seconds. Vaccum doesnt need to hit that lottery.

Well that's true, but if my fire rate with 10k is is like 1 + .8 dex + .8 dex + 1.2 (doubleshot in 10k) = 3.8 stars/animation * 1.5 animation/sec = 5.7 throws per second. So 5 seconds = 2 stacks from 1st, and 28 chances for a Vorpal, so 1.5 vorpals * 1-5 stacks = 4.5. So on average at 5 seconds that shuriken would do like 6.5 vuln stacks. My TF bow has 1st degree on it, so it will continue to stack for a many shot. I can see your argument for absolute min/max on vuln stacks, bit sure it's worth the mats at this point.

Really a vacuum Shuriken is whats up, because RoF everything will be 20 stacked like immediately.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:44pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #230 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 3:43pm:
Really a vacuum Shuriken is whats up, because RoF everything will be 20 stacked like immediately.

That would slow the time on a boss compared to vac bow on Manyshot, which is literally first few seconds. Even on a 10k burst I wasn't getting 5 vorpals in the first 5 seconds while trying to build unbridled.

using the Vac shuri would mean 10k, and then wait until manyshot. The faster burst would be vac bow on manyshot, swap to tf bow, and then swap into tf shuri for 10k. This should be optimal on every boss

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #231 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:26pm:
That would slow the time on a boss compared to vac bow on Manyshot, which is literally first few seconds. Even on a 10k burst I wasn't getting 5 vorpals in the first 5 seconds while trying to build unbridled.

using the Vac shuri would mean 10k, and then wait until manyshot. The faster burst would be vac bow on manyshot, swap to tf bow, and then swap into tf shuri for 10k. This should be optimal on every boss

Vac Bow to TF Bow because you think TF Bow is more DPS than Vac? Can you do double Ligthning procs on a Vacuum? They should be pretty close in damage right?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #232 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Can you do double Ligthning procs

what do you mean?

harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:31pm:
Vac Bow to TF Bow because you think TF Bow is more DPS than Vac

I think so. But I have no math on it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #233 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:43pm:
what do you mean?

I mean can you make a vac item with T1 Electric damage and T3 electric ?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #234 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:50pm:
I mean can you make a vac item with T1 Electric damage and T3 electric ?

Oh, yes. Of course.

http://ddocrafting.info/lgs/

something like this item : http://ddocrafting.info/lgs/28/18/22/179/11/-1/

12d6 elec on hit/ neg burst on crit/ elec blast on vorpal.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #235 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2016 at 7:33pm:
How much is a CLW gonna hit for at 500 Pos Spellpower and 10+60+45 HAMP? Is that going to replace a cocoon?

Not replace, the idea was to use as a backup for when cocoon is on cooldown.
« Last Edit: Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:04pm by Vaultaccount »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #236 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Also, lama comes back up few weeks. Take your toon over and see what you get there.

Check Fury times.

Test ToEE bow to. Not the Saphire, I mean crafted to make the set. Stack 20% vulnerability should be fast with shuri, just a couple seconds, then chnge to bow.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #237 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:00pm:
Test ToEE bow to. Not the Saphire, I mean crafted to make the set. Stack 20% vulnerability should be fast with shuri, just a couple seconds, then chnge to bow.

That interferes with starting with manyshot and going into 10k. I'm suspecting Jake's toon will be able to crack 20 something seconds using vac bow manyshot salvo. That isn't enough time to even get 10k online.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #238 - Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:43pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 4:57pm:
Oh, yes. Of course.

http://ddocrafting.info/lgs/

something like this item : http://ddocrafting.info/lgs/28/18/22/179/11/-1/

12d6 elec on hit/ neg burst on crit/ elec blast on vorpal.

I imagine this would hold up well to a TF bow then

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #239 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 26th, 2016 at 5:00pm:

Was thinking about this further. The dojo red names have like 500k or so hp. IDk for sure, since I cannot see the hps. But this is what I read on mobos.

The plan of stacking Vac with a shuri to soften up the target before swapping to a toee bow set for 20 ranged power, might be better against anything with a lot more hps, prr, and dr than the lama dummies. A TF would still be optimal on high fortification bosses.

Shame they never made a combat room where you could test on raid boss dummies. have an ee Abbot, LE Sorjek, portal, and LE shroud 2 and 5 bosses. With hps listed so we can haz numbers.

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #240 - Aug 28th, 2016 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 28th, 2016 at 4:51pm:
Shame they never made a combat room where you could test on raid boss dummies. have an ee Abbot, LE Sorjek, portal, and LE shroud 2 and 5 bosses. With hps listed so we can haz numbers.

I would pay 1000 shards for this on my ship

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #241 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 9:22am
Print Post  
They should make a quest where you go and have an npc at entrace. You talk to npc to choose the hp, ac and fort% of a kolbold. After you are done, he fades and the kolbold you want appears. There should be a shrine near the door too.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #242 - Aug 29th, 2016 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 9:22am:
They should make a quest where you go and have an npc at entrace. You talk to npc to choose the hp, ac and fort% of a kolbold. After you are done, he fades and the kolbold you want appears. There should be a shrine near the door too.

They're too busy creating important things like shitty missions and loot with their names all over them for temporary events to do some useless, piddly thing that nobody wants like this.

Sarcasm aside, can you imagine how many broken things people would be able to find and provide documented proof for if they implemented this on live?  The devs are probably terrified to do this. 

It would just end up shining the light on a bunch of DDO's hidden but currently hard-to-verify dirt and make them look bad.   Plus, people would cry about those things on the motherboards and expect them to be fixed which means more work and less time for Pacman LARPs.
« Last Edit: Aug 29th, 2016 at 1:35pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #243 - Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:57pm
Print Post  
Lama is open.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #244 - Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2016 at 9:57pm:
Lama is open.

just spent the last 72 hours packing and moving my apartment across 3 states. I will update Lama and might have time tomorrow but no promises

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #245 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 12:31am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Sep 1st, 2016 at 11:34pm:
just spent the last 72 hours packing and moving my apartment across 3 states

congratz Cheesy

I logged on and tried 2 wolf builds out. The monk version. And a kensei tier 5 version. Using vacuum unholy/shocking burst/ electric spell power. dont have mats to put on unholy blast for tier 3. missing a large glowing arrowhead. Also not included was 7 ins dstrike necklace. dont have that on live either.

Using monk wolf I got 35 seconds.
http://imgur.com/zBy2JtO

character sheet + ED http://imgur.com/a/nAXGQ

gear used http://i.imgur.com/d1SlMHb.png

I would have done another round of ranged builds, but not having toee set for thrower angers me. same reason why i wont be doing twf melees.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #246 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:08am
Print Post  
so whats your prep for these tests?

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #247 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 12:31am:
I logged on and tried 2 wolf builds out. The monk version. And a kensei tier 5 version. Using vacuum unholy/shocking burst/ electric spell power. dont have mats to put on unholy blast for tier 3. missing a large glowing arrowhead. Also not included was 7 ins dstrike necklace. dont have that on live either.

Using monk wolf I got 35 seconds.

Damn Rubbins, that is a good time! Impressive!

If you don't mind what was the Kensai wolf times?? Even if not as fast it should have a ton more surviveability in real game-play I reckon?

Hehe sorry for laughing but that monk wolf you used is some serious glass cannon shit right there Smiley What do you think it will play like in reality/real LE raid gameplay? Mobs will fart it to death Cheesy

IP Logged

zoriaan
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #248 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:44am
Print Post  
Dr Faustus wrote on Jun 28th, 2016 at 8:24pm:
Manyshot lasts 20 seconds. Without manyshot, shuriken is better dps (with or without 10k). Fight against harry lasts roughly 1 minute.

Hmmm I am almost certain every single LE shroud I have been in harry goes down in Pt4 in mere seconds. For sure not 1 minute!

I might be wrong though, I never really sit there with a stopwatch but I am sure we have even downed him in something like 19 seconds before.

Vaultaccount should be able to confirm this?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #249 - Sep 2nd, 2016 at 2:41am
Print Post  
zoriaan wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:34am:
monk wolf you used is some serious glass cannon shit right there  What do you think it will play like in reality/real LE raid gameplay? Mobs will fart it to death

It was solely for max dps. Best we could come up with for pure numbers. It could be built for quests, but it wont do well in le raids, or some quests, and some champions.

Swapping weapon focus #1 and oc for adept+master gets master earth. Take dodge feat over weapon focus #2 for more dodge and cap in tempest tree because everything else low tier is mostly useless for this build. For the AP it can take some prr in shintao over more melee power in harper. Crocodile Skin and Flight in Nature's Warrior tree. Elaborate Parry and twist in Meld into Darkness. LD clicky is bff. A lot of work to make this durable. But it can be done for a large portion of the content if desired. 

The monk requires constant rotations of monk ki attacks to get high single target times. All together not worth it if youre looking into doing top end content. Kind of not worth it anywhere, really. IMO. I don't mind taking 60 seconds to kill 500k hp. Long as I enjoy the build and can play with least amount of effort. ;p The true art of piking.

zoriaan wrote on Sep 2nd, 2016 at 1:34am:
If you don't mind what was the Kensai wolf times?? Even if not as fast it should have a ton more surviveability in real game-play I reckon?

They were pretty good. 39-46.  A Much more prr focused build with heavy armor, stalwart stance, and access to tactics and prr feats. The focus is melee power and keeping up Opp ATK. Which was dope and very, very easy at wolf speed to keep up. Tier 5 gives 20 melee power, it is about the only thing you want from there. core crit multiplier works for x1. Was hitting 180 melee power fully blitzed and Opportunity Attack going.

It is more sustained due to Opp ATK being the only required boost. The tempest wolves need 1k cuts to reach that time. I dislike it due to not having DoD. No real aoe for trash clearing speed. But if you want the build to be able to swap ap to either set up then go 9dr/6ftr/5rgr. Dont really lose anything with 10th druid level except some spells. The flexibility to swap to tempest tier 5 or kensei tier 5 is worth it.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint