Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) tempest vs bards thread where 01000010 gets rekt (Read 8673 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: tempest vs bards thread where 01000010 gets rekt
Reply #25 - Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Jalont may not be quite as retarded but his extra amount of gay makes up for it.

I remember when you did all those first-life DPS tests, what's the current pecking order?

I have not tried kensei after the changes, and the next lama after the melee tests was all ranged tests. 40 melee power from the patch on live really pushed kensei dps. probably equal to or better than tempests.

for melee : monk wolf, rogue wolf, and kensei wolf were all low 40s to mid 30s. the usual fighter/ranger tier 5 tempest wolf was also ahead of rangers, pally, and barbs. But it was behind the monk, rogue, or kensei tier 5 wolf versions.

a pure pally would be well behind tempest and barb if it couldnt stack dm/kta and also triple boost through vanguard/haste/human dmg combo. And I did not try pally kensei tier 5 or pally tempest tier 5. those should be significantly more than a pure pally.

As for fastest time period : it is fury aa. neko recorded a 17 second kill on his furyshot burst. for a faster kill it would be pure ranger because helf shadow arrow doesnt work for some reason. probably for the best though as that would allow for more dps than just plain 20 ranger anyway.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:22pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:57am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 8:33am:
Any warlock, FvS, Wiz or Sorc DC caster would wipe the floor on kill count vs. either a bard

That's a fair claim.  And the guy is claiming that his first life bard will outperform them.  So let him try and fail.
eighnuss wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 11:41am:
for the frank method, all one must do is say OK BRO, [SERVER NAME] PLAYGROUND AT 5:00 PM and supposedly 010101 will devote like 30 months of effort into maxing out a character on that server, in the hopes of trying to outkill you side by side in a quest. the time investment is far too intense he wont be willing/able to do it, proving 0101 wrong. most definitely easier for 0101's opposition

He said he'd run a first life.  So not 30 months.  And you can check his wings to keep him honest.  And if I was the one being challenged, I'd ask the person to tell me their char name and meet me on the server with my level 1 Bard before I started leveling a new char for the event.  At least that way I'd know they actually had a char to use on Wayfinder or Server X.

This is why I find the "video or gtfo" argument so lame.  The guy is willing to sped time and/or money (Otto's would be a fast way to level the new char) leveling to cap, you get to play your most maxed out char (#PastLivesMatter).  I don't think he stands a chance, but he has certainly not made it a balanced playing field for him to compete in, and all the advantage goes to his challenger.
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:58am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #27 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:55am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:57am:
This is why I find the "video or gtfo" argument so lame.  The guy is willing to sped time and/or money (Otto's would be a fast way to level the new char) leveling to cap, you get to play your most maxed out char (#PastLivesMatter).  I don't think he stands a chance, but he has certainly not made it a balanced playing field for him to compete in, and all the advantage goes to his challenger.

RL equivalency:

You are arguing with a guy(Fred) about who is the better basketball player.  You both know a guy (Bob).   Sure playing one on one, head to head would be one option, but for our scenario, that's not possible. (Because PvP is so unbalanced).   

So you say:  Play Bob one v. one, video it and post the score of who wins.  You can play them as many times as you want.  Just post a video of your best game against them.  I will play the same guy and post my video.  Whoever has the best game is the better ball player.

Response from Fred:  Nah.  How about I take a red eye flight across the country and show up at the gym on 2 hours sleep with jet lag and the two of us play Bob and Tim in 2 on 2.  Assuming we win, whichever of us scores more baskets is the better player. 

How dumb does Fred sound?  Pretty fucking stupid.  A team PvE environment introduces a bunch of other variables (such as passing, screening, rolling, switching defense, rebounding, coordination) that don't show in the "how many buckets did each guy score" stat and focusing on just that one stat will result in a lower performance for the team due to selfish playstyle choices that are unnatural and counter-productive to PvE.  All you would really prove is which guy is the bigger ball hog and douche-y teammate.  Sure he has to have some skill to make the buckets but it really doesn't mean he was a better player than the other guy on his team. 

The same is true in the "let's run the same quest together and let the kill count decide who is better" scenario.

The timed solo run isolates all extraneous factors and only shows your individual capabilities in a PvE scenario.  It is the better gauge of the build DPS.  Period. 

It doesn't matter that binary has to do all the work or is putting himself at a huge disadvantage.  What matters is that he is choosing a poor evaluation method that proves nothing.  So it is stupid on multiple fronts.  I agree with Rubbinns.  Why engage in something that is doubly stupid?  No point. 
« Last Edit: Sep 27th, 2016 at 8:59am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:19am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:57am:
This is why I find the "video or gtfo" argument so lame.

we found 010101010's account

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #29 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 12:19pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 5:48am:
our collection of dolls

ACTION SPRITES

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Sep 26th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Jalont may not be quite as retarded but his extra amount of gay makes up for it.

I remember when you did all those first-life DPS tests, what's the current pecking order?

Pretty sure monk is #1

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #31 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:06am
Print Post  
Newbin3:16 wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 5:15pm:
Pretty sure monk is #1

if you mean 2-4 levels of monk in a multiclass

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:56am
Print Post  
eighnuss wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:06am:
if you mean 2-4 levels of monk in a multiclass

I'm just looking ahead to the monk pass later this year (isn't that what they said re timing?) where I fully expect Turbine to be true to form and make monks the best DPS class in the game, and probably the most survivable too.

Finally that (mostly) pure monk that has largely been gathering dust will be awesome again!

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Sep 28th, 2016 at 2:40pm
Print Post  
Newbin3:16 wrote on Sep 28th, 2016 at 11:56am:
I'm just looking ahead to the monk pass later this year (isn't that what they said re timing?) where I fully expect Turbine to be true to form and make monks the best DPS class in the game, and probably the most survivable too.

Finally that (mostly) pure monk that has largely been gathering dust will be awesome again!

You sir are probably right, but not every class has leap-frogged what cam previously when updated.

yeah  Bard < Pally < Barbarian . . . but melee-rogue isn't that hot.   Tempest out DPS what came before them, but fighters don't out DPS tempest.

But Monk is a pay class.   

Time will tell.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 27th, 2016 at 11:19am:
we found 010101010's account

Does this even mean anything?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 5:55am:
Does this even mean anything?

only slightly more than your posts in this thread

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #36 - Sep 30th, 2016 at 7:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 30th, 2016 at 6:22am:
only slightly more than your posts in any thread

FTFY

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint