Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic What do you want for Race trees? (Read 5864 times)
Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

What do you want for Race trees?
Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:43am
Print Post  
What's your wish list for races?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: What do you want for Race trees?
Reply #1 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:55am
Print Post  
I'd like to see more races get access to a complimentary tree like the Elf gets with AA. 

Dwarf could get Stalwart or Vanguard
Halfling could get mechanic or acrobat
Drow could get tempest
Sun Elf could get divine disciple
Shadar-Kai gets assassin
PDK gets Vanguard or Kensai
Bladeforged gets KoTC
Half Orc gets Ravager or FB
Half Elf gets swash or WC
Deep Gnome gets Archmage
Warforged gets Battle Engineer or Arcanotech

Just for example.  But I think that might open up some really fun build options and diversity.  Might be insanely OP too, in some cases.  Dunno.  Just brainstorming. 

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:55am:
I'd like to see more races get access to a complimentary tree like the Elf gets with AA. 

Drow could get tempest
Shadar-Kai gets assassin
Bladeforged gets KoTC
Deep Gnome gets Archmage

Just for example.  But I think that might open up some really fun build options and diversity.  Might be insanely OP too, in some cases.  Dunno.  Just brainstorming. 

I could totally get on board with something like that, fucking great idea.

Where is Ashley? and what have you done with her?

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:14am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:43am:
What's your wish list for races?

I could list a pile of things, but it really all comes down to this:  Make races other than Humans/PDKs of equal value mechanically.

Right now Humans get:
- +1 Feat
- +1 skill point/level
- Human Versatility for 1 AP
- Improved Recovery (+20 Hamp) for 1 more AP

Most racial Enhancement trees could be made more attractive by reducing the AP cost of weapon specializations from 2 AP to 1 AP.  Or staggering them 2 AP/1AP for a net 1.5 AP overall.

But really, this is a pie in the sky topic, as the devs have said that there will never be a racial pass.  I wish I could link a source for this, but I do recall reading it. Maybe SSG will change this, but then you have to realize that it's the same devs and the same company just with a different name, so what are the odds?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Sailias
Dragon Raider

Reply #4 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:17am
Print Post  
I'd love for each race to have one spell or feat or always on unique bonus, as well as a serious drawback. I want SSG to have fun with the race redesign.

Gnomes get blur and cool SLAs and that repeater junk, they're cool. Humans get a little bit of everything + a feat, they're cool.

I want half orcs to be able to actually lock smash. Not knock, an actual lock smash. Something with its own animation, something hilarious. For example, if you successfully "lock smash" an entity like a door, it disappears instead of opening. Give them stupid bonuses to intimidate, too. On the flipside, they auto-fail bluff dialogue, get stupid, who cares.

I want warforged to have half of the AP costs on every single thing in that tree removed. I also want them to drastically - I mean seriously drastically - rework weapon attachment. Either remove the six and a half hour lead-up time to duct tape a crossbow to yourself, or keep the lead up time and make the bonuses worth it. I am happy with warforged otherwise, especially their dialogue options (double especially in Finding the Path).

I would love half-elves to be visually redesigned, and if SSG can do that I think half-elves are done. Dilettantes are cool, keep em, buff em, whatever you want.

Drow are cool and I like their racial tree, just needs a numbers pass IMO. I am secretly a big fan of auto-search, please don't take that from me.

Dwarves have TYWA, which I like a lot. I'd like to see alternate forms of it spread around other races. I'd also like dwarves to get the potion-chugging thing fighter has, because it's very flavorful. I'd also like Stand Like Stone to be a toggle with a cooldown and to maybe ease up on the movement penalty and bonuses if they do so.

Halflings have cool throwing abilities, I'd like to see more small size bonuses. I'd also like to see halflings being thrown as a real actual in-game thing. Target a friendly within 5 feet, activate it, and are thrown approx one Abundant Step away in the direction you are facing?

I like races getting access to trees, as long as they are level-gated like the elf AA one is.

monk changes 2016 for president

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #5 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:26am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:04am:
I could totally get on board with something like that, fucking great idea.

Where is Ashley? and what have you done with her?

Literally everything you say sounds faggoty as fuck, yo.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:34am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:14am:
But really, this is a pie in the sky topic, as the devs have said that there will never be a racial pass. 

Devs had already stated they will be tweaking race trees in the future. That's why I posted the thread.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:35am
Print Post  
[] wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:26am:
Grand makes me so angry

What can I say? it's a gift.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:35am by Grand »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #8 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:39am
Print Post  
Is there such a plan for ddo by SSG? They wanna open up racial-based class trees? Huh

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:40am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:39am:
Is there such a plan for ddo by SSG? They wanna open up racial-based class trees? Huh

They said they intend to buff the race trees.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:41am by Grand »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:00am
Print Post  
Sailias wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:17am:
I'd also like dwarves to get the potion-chugging thing fighter has, because it's very flavorful.

They pretty much do:
Tier 1 Dwarf:
Iron Stomach: When you drink you gain a Remove Poison/+Remove Disease/+Heroism effect for 2 Minutes.

Tier 4 Kensai:
Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion, you receive +50 Healing and Repair Amplification for 30 seconds.

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:05am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:00am:
They pretty much do:
Tier 1 Dwarf:
Iron Stomach: When you drink you gain a Remove Poison/+Remove Disease/+Heroism effect for 2 Minutes.

Tier 4 Kensai:
Liquid Courage: After drinking a potion, you receive +50 Healing and Repair Amplification for 30 seconds.

God you are are such a stupid fucking donk, those are not the same moron. Would you please just fucking leave the vault? Your posts are invariably so dumb that they hurt to read.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:06am by Grand »  

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #12 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:08am
Print Post  

Drow could get tempest
Shadar-Kai gets assassin
Bladeforged gets KoTC
Deep Gnome gets Archmage
Drow gets Tempest

+1

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #13 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:09am
Print Post  
KNN has the login info for Frank apparently...

...and Grand stole Ash's and made him a new sock...

I'm Grand.
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:09am by WonderfulFoppyBint »  

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:27am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:05am:
Your posts are invariably so dumb that they hurt to read.

As opposed to your posts, which are invariably so dumb that they kill themselves rather than associate themselves with you.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #15 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:28am
Print Post  
WonderfulFoppyBint wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:09am:
KNN has the login info for Frank apparently...

...and Grand stole Ash's and made him a new sock...

I'm Grand.

OMG I could, like so totally, get behind (LOL) something like that.  Where is Becky, and what have you NOT done with her LOL!  (Yes faggot, that's exactly how gay you don't sound 24/7.)

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #16 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 4:21am
Print Post  

Drow could get tempest
Shadar-Kai gets assassin
Bladeforged gets KoTC
Deep Gnome gets Archmage

I think some of those were actually even considered on dev behalf around 2010-ish, but then they just threw it out. At least stalwart for dorfs I think and tempest for drows do ring a bell for me.

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #17 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 11:40am
Print Post  
I'm not sure which ones I want for which race, but I think what we will get will resemble this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/357100-Let-s-Talk-Enhancements!?p=4249...

Quote:
I think that the current list of racial unlock trees were:

Dwarf: Stalwart Defender
Warforged: Stalwart Defender
Halfling: Assassin
Half-Orc: Ravager
Elf: Arcane Archer
Drow: Tempest
Human: Pick one. (Slightly higher investment in Racial tree required to unlock.)
Half-Elf: Arcane Archer, Human, Elf (Yes, in our current plan they can unlock racial trees from the other races if desired. They might be able to go Half-Elf tree -> Human tree -> Any PrE through gargantuan AP expenditures.)

These are still subject to change. (Especially that Human part.)

It was dumb IMO to go defender on two races. WF could go FB (or maybe even tweak it a bit and rebrand it "juggernaut" a la the Eberron prestige, not the build)

On that note they could also change HElf, maybe to a bard tree?

We didn't have gnomes back then, they should probably be archmage, but it would be nicer to go Earth Savant so as to not dick over the Iconic version.

That's right, iconics are going to get stuck with the same prestige as the base race since Morninglord already has AA. PDK is no problem picking anything, but SK racial tree needs to NOT be assassin (they are technically base human even though they don't get human traits, so let's just give them the pick anything option) BF with a barb tree would be awesome...stalwart tree would be a big disappointment there especially.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #18 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 11:40am:
I'm not sure which ones I want for which race, but I think what we will get will resemble this:

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/357100-Let-s-Talk-Enhancements!?p=4249...

It was dumb IMO to go defender on two races. WF could go FB (or maybe even tweak it a bit and rebrand it "juggernaut" a la the Eberron prestige, not the build)

On that note they could also change HElf, maybe to a bard tree?

We didn't have gnomes back then, they should probably be archmage, but it would be nicer to go Earth Savant so as to not dick over the Iconic version.

That's right, iconics are going to get stuck with the same prestige as the base race since Morninglord already has AA. PDK is no problem picking anything, but SK racial tree needs to NOT be assassin (they are technically base human even though they don't get human traits, so let's just give them the pick anything option) BF with a barb tree would be awesome...stalwart tree would be a big disappointment there especially.

Nice find from the past.  Even this version would be welcome, but could definitely be improved upon.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #19 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
The human prestige alone would yield a veritable build utopia.

Pale Master with Divine Disciple and vice versa
Fire Savant with Angel of Vengeance
Air Savant with Arcanotechnician
Battle Engineer with Mechanic
Assassin with Ninja Spy
Swashbuckler with Stalwart Defender (or Sacred Defender!)
Ninja Spy with Kensei
Henshin Mystic with Thief Acrobat and vice versa
Knight of the Chalice with Frenzied Berserker
et cetera ad infinitum

Just wish we had more AP to work with.  Wink
« Last Edit: Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:38pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #20 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:24pm:
Just wish we had more AP to work with.

What if they scrapped the Reaper trees, and just made extra AP available, for Reaper only?

Oh, wait. I bet that was their first idea, and then nobody could figure out how to do it.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
What if they scrapped the Reaper trees, and just made extra AP available, for Reaper only?

Sounds good...

Revaulting wrote on Jan 26th, 2017 at 1:46pm:
Oh, wait. I bet that was their first idea, and then nobody could figure out how to do it.

D'oh.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #22 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:13pm
Print Post  
A grand total of 8AP’s to purchase access to the racial PrE.  The 14AP cost for Elven Arcane Archer is fucking retarded.

Decent Dragonmarked Heir for all the dragonmarked races.

Drow: Access to Tempest, Ravager and <element> Savant

Dwarves: Access to Ravager and Vanguard.

Elves: Access to Swashbuckler (The only PrE that mimics Bladesinger), and Arcane Archer.

Humans: Access to any PrE that they have at least 1 class level in.  This would do a wonderful job of emulating how they are the multiclass kings in P&P.  (Either by allowing a capstone to a splash, or getting a main class capstone while splashing.)

Half-Elves: Access to any PrE associated with their class based bonus feat.

PDK, Warforged: Access to any Fighter PrE.

Bladeforged: Access to any Paladin PrE.

Half-Orcs: Access to Ravager and Season's Herald.

Gnomes: Swashbuckler, and Illusion Archmage.  Add Earth Savant for Deep Gnomes.

Halfling: Access to Ravager and Assassin.

Shadar Kai: Access to Ravager, Assassin and Thief Acrobat.

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #23 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 2:17pm
Print Post  
F**king change Sun-elf to also have Wis to stat bonuses like Deep Gnome ... the fact that they made an iconic class for cleric w/o Wis (or even Cha) anywhere in the tree and then weapon bonuses based off Dex was the dumbest motherf**king idea ever ... I don't even play dumbass melee clerics ... but for real ... no Wis for an iconic cleric class??

IP Logged

Hag Master
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - Jan 26th, 2017 at 7:14pm
Print Post  
Way too many ways this could be broken.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint