Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) this will be fixed asap :-) (Read 12096 times)
SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

this will be fixed asap :-)
Mar 1st, 2017 at 6:52am
Print Post  
Quote:
I have avoided this situation for quite some time as it just didn't feel like something that was working as intended:

folks are using glam kits on leg GS helm and goggle blanks, then using the cosmetic to access the leg GS aug system.

now, it felt dirty enough, and the game was honestly easy enough i had no interest in pursuing this new "angle"

buuuuut, now with reaper here getting legendary GS effects without taking a gear slot from lev 1-30 looks mighty handy.

can i get a confirmation that i can do this and not get banned? or that i should not do this and i will get banned?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/484424-DEVS-Is-this-WAI-bannable

Smiley

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Re: this will be fixed asap :-)
Reply #1 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 6:55am
Print Post  
Do you think that by posting this here you decrease or increase the chances of it being fixed during the downtime for patch #3?

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #2 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 8:07am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 6:55am:
Do you think that by posting this here you decrease or increase the chances of it being fixed during the downtime for patch #3?

Glitches are intentional by devs for friends. This is pretty trivial. I mean do you truly believe that the 2 methods b4 the easy-dupe popped up just around the same time as the 8th anniversary cards?

You prolly remember the methods:

open up 2 bags, the wanna-dupe item supposed to be in inventory, dc, drag 1 bag to shared bank, as for the other bag click on gather many times, then rc...

Then there was the drag to shared bank while dc and click on wanna-dupe item many times... b4 these existed the unintentional dupe which indeed was accidental, as it was a side effect of the revamped "return mail" function. Then "much" later there was the deposit draggin trick, only too trivial and easy.

It really seems to me that 2 cases are likely:

1, New UI enhancements result in potential dupes that require basically 1-2 easy steps.
2, Wierd container bugs show up that for some reason can be utilized with combining other UIs in 5-7 steps. Interestingly these are open for a couple of weeks mostly, then ppl here start blaming each other for snitching, which IMHO is dumb.

And there was the other bug I mentioned here, without method, in fact nobody posted the method here, unless ppl kept sharing in privy, but i doubt it as nobody made references to getting 30 heroic/iconic past lives in 1-2 hours. That was also intentional on devs behalf.

I suspect that there may be some account trade business operation overlooked by turbine (now ssg) that involves 1-2 devs or more, like they create rich in game characters for their "customers", then they can sell all that + account in real life for real $, then share all the $.

But we will never know, as I am sure Sev is the head of that operation. That would explain why Cordovan is such a coward disphit who gets nothing from the cake and is so convinced that players are the great evil here, while Sev dances around like a good producer/manager while he sucks shit as we all know, yet he is still in his position.

But I am against conspiracy theories. Unless it involves fat losers (Cordovan) narcissist money hungry assholes (Severlin) and workers, who believe that they are surrounded by friends, while in fact they are not (devs).

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 8:29am
Print Post  
if it's on the motherhole forums, it may as well be posted everywhere ...... nothing will increase or decrease anymore

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #4 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 8:48am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 8:07am:
Glitches are intentional by devs for friends. ...

Fascinating, but this means business sense and deliberate planning on their side, so nahh Grin

IP Logged

Toke
Stormreaver Piker

... or maybe I was just
smoking something.

Reply #5 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 9:11am
Print Post  
Had I known, would have done an icky fvs and cleric life.  Boo.

If you can roll it you can smoke it.  If you can carve it you can smoke with it.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #6 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 9:58am
Print Post  
In other news sales of glammer kits from DDO Store have skyrocketed...

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #7 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 11:14am
Print Post  
so what sticks to the cosmetic? Like all of the effects for slotted LGS augs?

IP Logged

SweetKitten
Waterworks Kobold

Meeow

Reply #8 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 11:30am
Print Post  
fyi: they fixed other stuff in todays patch
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-34-patch-3-release-notes

Quote:
We have corrected several "effect stacking" issues that were having a detrimental impact on game performance. These issues were happening due to excess stacks of several benefits applied through scripting, including U32 set bonuses, Reaper bonuses, and Mythic item properties.

Corrected several issues that were allowing players to exploit the quest Precious Cargo.

Precious Cargo is no longer available in Reaper difficulty.

Corrected a reincarnation exploit.

since it is fixed, can anyone tell what the exploits have been?  Wink

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #9 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
SweetKitten wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 11:30am:
fyi: they fixed other stuff in todays patch
https://www.ddo.com/en/update-34-patch-3-release-notes

since it is fixed, can anyone tell what the exploits have been?  Wink

Precious cargo was far easier than it should have been on Reaper X.

IP Logged

-gambit-
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 12:17pm
Print Post  
Reincarnation exploit damn they fixed it!  Angry

IP Logged

HentaiWizard
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #11 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
what was the reincarnation exploit?

IP Logged

Dr_tank2vich
Puppy Farmer

I Love Darma!

Reply #12 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 6:55am:

I think the better question is: do you think devs being aware that there is a problem increases or decreases the chances of it being fixed.

"The court heard that Duffy has Asperger's syndrome and suffers with alcohol problems."

Or as we call it here: Mod status.

IP Logged

hydra
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #13 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
And the threads gone.

What a piece of shit.

IP Logged

e4tless
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Fun Fun and more Fun!

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #15 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
I'm using this on my Rogue life to avoid having to make a disable/search item every few levels. I don't have enough cannith mats for that shit. Pls don't fix for another few weeks. Or ever because it's nice to not have to swap to disable or lay down spell traps.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 8:07am:
I suspect that there may be some account trade business operation overlooked by turbine (now ssg) that involves 1-2 devs or more, like they create rich in game characters for their "customers", then they can sell all that + account in real life for real $, then share all the $.

wouldnt need to introduce player accessible dupe. they have dev commands to spawn any item x quantity, grant xp, quest completions, spawn chests.

I do believe they allow dupes to slip out for the short rise in tp spending for inventory, bags, etc.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #17 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 3:08pm:
wouldnt need to introduce player accessible dupe. they have dev commands to spawn any item x quantity, grant xp, quest completions, spawn chests.

I do believe they allow dupes to slip out for the short rise in tp spending for inventory, bags, etc.

Admin commands are monitored on live servers with occasional reports going up the chain.  Well, they used to be.  I am not sure if that has changed with SSG.

IP Logged

Mr
Titan Demolisher

Reply #18 - Mar 1st, 2017 at 11:34pm
Print Post  
Please share fixed reincarnation exploit with me - pm pls
Also any unfixed...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:13am
Print Post  
Durk wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 3:54pm:
Admin commands are monitored on live servers with occasional reports going up the chain.  Well, they used to be.  I am not sure if that has changed with SSG.

He's suggesting that the people at the top of the chain of command are the ones abusing the commands. If command usage is monitored and reported, and the people taking the reports are the producers... yeah.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #20 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 4:04am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:13am:
He's suggesting that the people at the top of the chain of command are the ones abusing the commands. If command usage is monitored and reported, and the people taking the reports are the producers... yeah.

I can't even imagine it'd go that high (with what you and I know as "producers").

It's mildly interesting, because they must archive everything, but even with only a couple thousand people on, there's a lot of text that gets through.  The benefit is in hindsight - what did X person say before they did Y?

I've tried a couple of things, but it seems like a dead end.  Even the noobiest of noobs would throw in a basic account check before you start spawning stuff.  DDO is the game of race conditions, not command obfuscation.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

tapster
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #21 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 8:12am
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Mar 1st, 2017 at 2:14pm:
I'm using this on my Rogue life to avoid having to make a disable/search item every few levels. I don't have enough cannith mats for that shit. Pls don't fix for another few weeks. Or ever because it's nice to not have to swap to disable or lay down spell traps.

What?!? Is this for any glammed cannith crafted item or just LGS?

IP Logged

Durk
The Deranged

I've got a secret!

Reply #22 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 9:15am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:13am:

From what I knew it was the CS Lead that received these reports, with the intention of monitoring what CS/GMs were doing.  Does this department even exist anymore?

IP Logged

CrazyOldCatLady
Korthos Resident

Reply #23 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Please can someone PM me with the details of the Precious Cargo and TR ploits, for the curious cats ofc  Grin

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #24 - Mar 2nd, 2017 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
I suspect that the precious cargo one was an old is new effect.

( couldn't be arsed to check, and I was away skiing most of the time anyway )

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint