Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 134223 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #325 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 11:11am:
The biggest change that no one has mentioned thus far is ranged combat receiving a reliable no-save helpless proc from Perfect Pinnacle. That's why I revamped the build to stack 50% base, 50% combat brute, 60% no mercy, 30% sense weakness, 10% silent avenger, 5% ship buff (= 305% damage) immediately when Ravenloft came out.

Wasting party slots on CC is a joke when your DPS characters can do it for free.

You're referring to the blind proc?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #326 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 1:13pm:
You're referring to the blind proc?

No.  Shocked Wink Cheesy Grin Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: Dec 7th, 2018 at 12:11pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #327 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 1:24pm:
No.

Pretty sure that was fixed.

So you're referring to the knockdown proc from water.  It's nice, but nowhere near frequent enough to be worth building or gearing around from what I've seen. 

The helpless damage modifiers, on the other hand, are always worth building around for any DPS toon that runs high skull reaper.  There are multiple and far more reliable sources of helpless status that should be present in any good reaper group.

If mobs are living long enough for you to consistently knock them down, the group's DPS is really low or you're soloing a lot.
« Last Edit: Dec 3rd, 2018 at 4:55pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #328 - Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
It's a trip proc and not a knockdown, hence not helpless inducing.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tspoon
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #329 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 3rd, 2018 at 7:33pm:
It's a trip proc and not a knockdown, hence not helpless inducing.

I was wondering if tripped was also helpless..... good to know!

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #330 - Dec 4th, 2018 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
so there's a PP helpless proc or not?

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #331 - Dec 5th, 2018 at 1:33am
Print Post  
Running a thrower right now, water stance trip from PP does not create helpless status.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #332 - Dec 7th, 2018 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Oh okay, I just do ~triple damage for a few seconds after each vorpal for no apparent reason then. That's cool.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #333 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:54am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 7th, 2018 at 12:23pm:
Oh okay, I just do ~triple damage for a few seconds after each vorpal for no apparent reason then. That's cool.

1. It does not trigger on VORPAL.
2. Are you sure you are not confusing your great crossbow here?
3. Easy to test and prove since you have a capped character and a pinnacle. Screenshot the mob after the proc triggers and it will show the damage. Have your log up so you don't mistake anything for critical damage.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #334 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 10:54am:
3. Easy to test and prove since you have a capped character and a pinnacle. Screenshot the mob after the proc triggers and it will show the damage. Have your log up so you don't mistake anything for critical damage. 

What he is describing sounds like the behavior of Balanced Attacks form Primal Avatar.  Does that work with thrown weapons?  Hmmmm, time to test.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #335 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 2:59pm
Print Post  

In my experience, it does trigger on vorpal even though it does not say so, but does not seem to give helpless damage.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #336 - Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:47pm
Print Post  

Did I say vorpal? I didn't mean vorpal. It is a 5% proc though.

https://imgur.com/PFjWXUb

Fight me.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #337 - Dec 9th, 2018 at 2:20am
Print Post  
and inb4 the nerf

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #338 - Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 8th, 2018 at 11:47pm:
Did I say vorpal? I didn't mean vorpal. It is a 5% proc though.

https://imgur.com/PFjWXUb

Fight me.

Just got to 29 and thought maybe it only worked on epic Perfect Pinnacle.  Went to Sobrien and water stance does NOT make him helpless for me.

I think that you are getting their strength to zero with Crippling Strike and getting them helpless that way.  The sheer number of attacks a shuri thrower makes probably makes it work so well. Not PP but still powerful.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #339 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:39pm:
Just got to 29 and thought maybe it only worked on epic Perfect Pinnacle.  Went to Sobrien and water stance does NOT make him helpless for me.

I think that you are getting their strength to zero with Crippling Strike and getting them helpless that way.  The sheer number of attacks a shuri thrower makes probably makes it work so well. Not PP but still powerful.

Thanks for that.

The crippling proc is nearly worthless on higher skulls from the reduced values to 0, and the fast stat damage regen. Waste of AP.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #340 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 3:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 1:38pm:
Thanks for that.

The crippling proc is nearly worthless on higher skulls from the reduced values to 0, and the fast stat damage regen. Waste of AP.

Did the new update that gives you at least a minimum of "1" on reaper only affect self healing or does it affect offensive things too like the str dmg from crippling. If so you'd get about 4.5 str dmg per animation which might do something.  Looks like it multiplies by helpless too as he gets 6 str dmg on one throw in his screenshot.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #341 - Dec 11th, 2018 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 11th, 2018 at 3:05pm:
Did the new update that gives you at least a minimum of "1" on reaper only affect self healing or does it affect offensive things too like the str dmg from crippling. If so you'd get about 4.5 str dmg per animation which might do something.  Looks like it multiplies by helpless too as he gets 6 str dmg on one throw in his screenshot.

It was supposed to not go lower than 1, but they bugged the fix. Should be good once it starts to work how it is supposed to.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #342 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Nah, I proc helpless on stuff that is immune to strength damage too; e.g. animated armor, flameskulls, etc.

Crippling Strike: I was testing it out. It will be nice with a minimum of 1. Mobs do completely ignore it 50% of the time in epic+ content though (less if you are doing normal or hard for some reason.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #343 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:47am
Print Post  
Ulysses wrote on Dec 10th, 2018 at 9:39pm:

I am inclined to agree. The damage should spike when the target is floored. This was not what we found when testing it last year.

5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:33am:
Nah, I proc helpless on stuff that is immune to strength damage too; e.g. animated armor, flameskulls, etc.

Did you ever try Pinnacle testing without Crippling? Those mobs seem like Strahd and Ravenloft mobs which all have a chance to be compromised, or it could be Crippling is bugged.

5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:33am:
(less if you are doing normal or hard for some reason.)

Sometime ago, before my time, devs nerfed how stat damage worked in epics. Apparently from how the Wounding of Puncturing weapons were so good at giving mobs the business?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #344 - Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 12th, 2018 at 9:47am:
Did you ever try Pinnacle testing without Crippling?

Worth a shot. I don't think I've reset my enhancements since Falconry came out. But I was definitely building for max helpless damage before that.

Sometime ago, before my time, devs nerfed how stat damage worked in epics. Apparently from how the Wounding of Puncturing weapons were so good at giving mobs the business?

A long long time ago it was nerfed into complete oblivion for epics.

More recently, (but still kinda long ago) that nerf was lessened to what I described above.

But then reaper came out and rounded it all down to zero. Oblivion again.

I'm not going to dig through the release notes to establish a timeline, but there was a time that stat damage was good again, but it never really caught on much before reaper made it worthless again.
« Last Edit: Dec 12th, 2018 at 11:15am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #345 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:10am
Print Post  
I am inclined to agree. The damage should spike when the target is floored. This was not what we found when testing it last year.

Hmm...

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 15th, 2018 at 11:53am:
I think the first set up might be better overall?

set up 2 gains
adherent set 20prr+mrr, 10rp/mp, 20 hamp
pinnacle helpless
+2 I Con

set up 1 loses adherent - 20prr/mrr, -10 rp/mp
-2 I Con
no helpless cc from pinnacle
« Last Edit: Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:10am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #346 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 10:37am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 9:10am:
Hmm...

Sergod wrote on Mar 7th, 2018 at 2:48pm:
pinnacle doesn't give helpless. If you see me making things helpless, it's from Pin.

YW.

Now go test your own build correctly. Oh, and try to not be retarded while doing it.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #347 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 10:58am
Print Post  
Test results: mobs are helpless and I got over double the number of kills in my latest Shroud that the next highest player got.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #348 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 11:57am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Dec 13th, 2018 at 10:58am:
Test results: mobs are helpless and I got over double the number of kills in my latest Shroud that the next highest player got.

Okay, Tilo junior.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #349 - Dec 13th, 2018 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
Can't tell if gaslighting, or just dumb.  Huh

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 26
Send TopicPrint