Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Purey Shuri (Read 132907 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Purey Shuri
Reply #575 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 2:36pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 9:22am:
The amount of talking you do about this game, you should have at least a toon Reaper capped. If you can't figure out how to get more than 22 reaper points, it's not really worth a discussion, but my advice would be:

1. Find a couple of like-minded folks who want a shit ton of RXP
2. Set up a static group and schedule 12-15 hours/week
3. Hit the 75+ level 30 quests on r10 for about 1M RXP per life
4. Reaper wings in 4+ weeks from 0 RXP
5. ?????
6. Profit

I dual boxed my bard to 50 RXP then played him to 156+. You've been posting here prolifically for 7 years, get some wangs you poser.

Or I don't give a shit about reaper? Its a stupid game mode with even stupider mechanics. Do I need to put it in my signature or something?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #576 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 2:36pm:
Its a stupid game mode with even stupider mechanics.

This is far too broad a statement.

R1 and R10 are different worlds. I like to solo farm gear on r1. I do a fair amount of this.  Unless it's a raid, I don't even understand running below r1 unless you're new to the game. I'm not even being "leet". I'm pretty mediocre. If you don't have heals, pop a hire. You'll generally be fine.

r6+ requires more coordination/gear/preparation/pastlives, etc. But, certain r10s are soloed pretty regularly.

The reason reapers don't suck is that they give some challenge and some meaningful grind to players who have "everything else." But, honestly, r1 is pretty accessible to anyone with a few past lives. Not because you need past lives. That just means you know the mechanics of the game decently.

Just one moron's opinion.

I don't focus on reaper like Gunga does. I don't care whether I get first time r10 bonus, for example (most ppl I play with do, though). I also don't TR to reset my first time bonuses on purpose. I only really TR when I want to try a new build.

Anyway, as a result of playing this way, I have like 56 reaper points or so. I'm semi-casual. Lately I play once a week. I do run r10s with a group sometimes. But, that is probably only 15% of my playtime. Mostly it's solo gear farming (stuff for new builds) and raiding at cap. Sometimes we run raids on r1. But, it's not uncommon for us to run hard. Depends on group. It's not a big deal either way.

Anyway, there's a moderate opinion on reaper.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #577 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 3:57pm:
This is far too broad a statement.

R1 and R10 are different worlds.

Yes. That's why I made a broad statement. In order to cover both of them and everything in between.

In fact, if you go back and re-read y quoted statement:

noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 2:36pm:
Its a stupid game mode with even stupider mechanics.

You'll notice that I did not say "reaper is too hard".

I said it was stupid.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #578 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:15pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 4:05pm:
Yes. That's why I made a broad statement. In order to cover both of them and everything in between.

In fact, if you go back and re-read y quoted statement:

You'll notice that I did not say "reaper is too hard".

I said it was stupid.

Hmm... Do you run on Casual?

Why or why not?

Elite doesn't make sense once you have reaper points. R1 is easier AND has better drop rates. Drop rates on normal and hard are too low. I mean, I guess if you're not looking for gear that's fine. Like if you just want to flower-sniff content, hard is cool I guess.   <shrug>
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:15pm by Head-Meat »  

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #579 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:15pm:

Why or why not?

Elite doesn't make sense once you have reaper points. R1 is easier AND has better drop rates. Drop rates on normal and hard are too low. I mean, I guess if you're not looking for gear that's fine. Like if you just want to flower-sniff content, hard is cool I guess.   <shrug>

Why is it when I type "Reaper is stupid" you read "Reaper is too hard"? Aren't you a teacher? Shouldn't you be able to tell the difference between the words "stupid" and "too hard"? I guess there's a T and a D in both of them, but I assure you they are different.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #580 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:49pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:34pm:
Why is it when I type "Reaper is stupid" you read "Reaper is too hard"? Aren't you a teacher? Shouldn't you be able to tell the difference between the words "stupid" and "too hard"? I guess there's a T and a D in both of them, but I assure you they are different.

Interesting. I never used the words "hard" or "difficult", but you have done so twice and somewhat passionately.

I suppose, my response was meant to be something like, "difficulties below reaper don't make a ton of sense many times which means they are kinda like being stupiderer." Why is it that you turned that into an issue around difficulty do you think?

EDIT:

I think I see why you've described so much difficulty around gear and groups... The people that are left mostly play reaper bro. Also, that's where drop rates are better.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:51pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #581 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
it would be so nice if people could just realize that your point of view may not be shared by others.
I love Reaper.  I love the challenge and I like the wings.
But as we all know, this game has different play styles.  Permadeath, role playing in an MMO, flower-sniffing are not my style nor my preference, but I can see why some like it and I'm not going to be a dick about it and insult them for not liking to "play the game right", i.e. like I do.

stop filling up this thread with your little slap fight.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #582 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:39pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:54pm:
it would be so nice if people could just realize that your point of view may not be shared by others.
I love Reaper.  I love the challenge and I like the wings.
But as we all know, this game has different play styles.  Permadeath, role playing in an MMO, flower-sniffing are not my style nor my preference, but I can see why some like it and I'm not going to be a dick about it and insult them for not liking to "play the game right", i.e. like I do.

stop filling up this thread with your little slap fight.

Do you know you complained about people having a point of view by providing your own point of view? This is a nicer version of "Your POV is dumb. Mine is correct."

More importantly, however, if you've read noam's posts, you'd note a fair amount of complaining (affecting his own personal enjoyment) which would be partially resolved by playing where others play.

Also, this is the Vault. Slap fights are fair game anywhere. Anyone that doesn't know that should slap themselves.

EDIT: I saved you time in the next couple of posts.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:44pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #583 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:41pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:39pm:
Do you know you complained about people having a point of view by providing your own point of view? This is a nicer version of "Your POV is dumb. Mine is correct."

NUH UH MEAT!  My point of view honors the fact that other people choose their own point of view and that's why my point of view is better than anyone else's point of view that doesn't similarly value the point of views of others. Pretty much making my point of view the default greatest point of view of all time.

« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:43pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #584 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:41pm:
NUH UH MEAT!  My point of view honors the fact that other people choose their own point of view and that's why my point of view is better than anyone else's point of view that doesn't similarly value the point of views of others. Pretty much making my point of view the default greatest point of view of all time.

Ok... What if I disagree with you?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #585 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 7:43pm:
Ok... What if I disagree with you?

That's literally impossible in my point of view.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #586 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:43pm
Print Post  
Meat... are you feeling ok?

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #587 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:46pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:43pm:
Meat... are you feeling ok?

Fo sho, dawg.
« Last Edit: Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:47pm by Head-Meat »  

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #588 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:49pm:
Interesting. I never used the words "hard" or "difficult"

No, but you did say:

Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:15pm:

And things like:

T I'm not even being "leet". I'm pretty mediocre.

Or:

r6+ requires more coordination/gear/preparation/pastlives, etc. But, certain r10s are soloed pretty regularly.

Etc, etc, implying that My opinion that "Reaper is stupid" is based on the fact that I think it's too hard. Literally all of your replies seem to be based on that misunderstanding.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #589 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:54pm:
No, but you did say:

And things like:

Or:

Etc, etc, implying that My opinion that "Reaper is stupid" is based on the fact that I think it's too hard. Literally all of your replies seem to be based on that misunderstanding.

I see why you think so.

It's easier to criticize than it is to propose your own ideas.

In light of that, which difficulty do you prefer and why?

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #590 - Feb 9th, 2022 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:57pm:
It's easier to criticize than it is to propose your own ideas.

What exactly would be the point of me proposing ideas on a fan forum for a game that explicitly does not ever listen to its fans, even in the section of its own website dedicated to getting advice/feedback?

I proposed several ideas back when I still thought Turbine listened(back when it was turbine) for how I thought they could make the game more interesting/challenging/fun. Do you want to hear any of them? They went with reaper instead, which is a stupid mechanic.

Head-Meat wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 8:57pm:
In light of that, which difficulty do you prefer and why? 

Exact same difficulties as you, bruh. R1 most of the time, whatever the pugs are up to, whatever the raid is being run on, etc. I hope into R6 groups when I feel like it and do 2-3 when I want to mix things up. My shitty niche alt builds mostly run hard because they are shitty niche alt builds. I also do hard when it's a flagger and I just want to get it over with. As stated its pretty easy to get a good number of reaper points, I just don't give a shit because:

I think reaper is a stupid mechanic.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #591 - Feb 10th, 2022 at 6:41am
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 10:20am:
What's the Assassinate gear for? A bird?

What's the primary reason for the Impulse spell power?

He uses Bird attacks. Even if you do not use Falconry, Shadowdancer has a -5 prr mrr debuff for its epic strikes that uses assassin dc.

Force power is for dark imbue, but you want more than just one item for it.

This is the latest configuration I made for my pure shuri thrower. Carpone did all the leg work bringing you this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c1pUmdeks-LsePtHwi4SzEet3tQICF09/edit

It abuses Cut the Strings as well as DI. Cut procs on every throw as does DI. It is the only build that can hit 5 stars every throw while fully bursting. Dark Imbue on that set up can hit as high as 62k on max rolls though not likely to max highroll it can still put out 50k+ bane procs and 20k sonic procs.

It has a dex trance, uses Ninja Spy capstone for sneak dice and +1 multiplier, gets +1 threat from halfling, and leverages 80 ranged power out of Horizon Walker. Giving it more damage than Ninja Spy tier 5 and its extra +1 threat.

Because procs and even Hunt's End do not use the extra threat range from Spy tier 5, HW is a much better ap split. Even when IPS'ing Misty Step provides a 30rp boost ( though I do not even take the IPS feat any longer as I rather just slap with full 20% damage and build AF stacks every hit ).

DI and Cut are getting nerfed soon, so play at your own risk

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Standing Stone Games
Abbot Raider

I Love DDO & LotRO!

Reply #592 - Feb 10th, 2022 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
DI?

EDIT: Ahhh, Dark Imbuement. I'm guessing the extra damage will be based on either ranged power OR force spellpower instead of both, yes?
« Last Edit: Feb 10th, 2022 at 1:47pm by Standing Stone Games »  

We invite you to explore our games, which hold the promise of depth, scope, and unlimited imagination!

Our phone # is (858) 239-0663. We enjoy hearing from our fans!
IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #593 - Feb 10th, 2022 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Standing Stone Games wrote on Feb 10th, 2022 at 1:33pm:
DI?
I'm guessing the extra damage will be based on either ranged power OR force spellpower instead of both, yes?

That is the expectation.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #594 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 1:08am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 10th, 2022 at 6:41am:
He uses Bird attacks. Even if you do not use Falconry, Shadowdancer has a -5 prr mrr debuff for its epic strikes that uses assassin dc.

Force power is for dark imbue, but you want more than just one item for it.

This is the latest configuration I made for my pure shuri thrower. Carpone did all the leg work bringing you this.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1c1pUmdeks-LsePtHwi4SzEet3tQICF09/edit

It abuses Cut the Strings as well as DI. Cut procs on every throw as does DI. It is the only build that can hit 5 stars every throw while fully bursting. Dark Imbue on that set up can hit as high as 62k on max rolls though not likely to max highroll it can still put out 50k+ bane procs and 20k sonic procs.

It has a dex trance, uses Ninja Spy capstone for sneak dice and +1 multiplier, gets +1 threat from halfling, and leverages 80 ranged power out of Horizon Walker. Giving it more damage than Ninja Spy tier 5 and its extra +1 threat.

Because procs and even Hunt's End do not use the extra threat range from Spy tier 5, HW is a much better ap split. Even when IPS'ing Misty Step provides a 30rp boost ( though I do not even take the IPS feat any longer as I rather just slap with full 20% damage and build AF stacks every hit ).

DI and Cut are getting nerfed soon, so play at your own risk

NS capstone + HW t5 is a neat idea.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #595 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 5:46am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Feb 11th, 2022 at 1:08am:
NS capstone + HW t5 is a neat idea.

Lots of ranged builds using it. I have an arty split using that + kensei core 3 for the multi. A few other arty builds using it, too.

More guides from Carpone https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/529136-U52-Three-repeater-builds-with-...

someone should donate to that guy's patreon...

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #596 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 8:16am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 9:05pm:
What exactly would be the point of me proposing ideas on a fan forum for a game that explicitly does not ever listen to its fans, even in the section of its own website dedicated to getting advice/feedback?

I proposed several ideas back when I still thought Turbine listened(back when it was turbine) for how I thought they could make the game more interesting/challenging/fun. Do you want to hear any of them? They went with reaper instead, which is a stupid mechanic.

Exact same difficulties as you, bruh. R1 most of the time, whatever the pugs are up to, whatever the raid is being run on, etc. I hope into R6 groups when I feel like it and do 2-3 when I want to mix things up. My shitty niche alt builds mostly run hard because they are shitty niche alt builds. I also do hard when it's a flagger and I just want to get it over with. As stated its pretty easy to get a good number of reaper points, I just don't give a shit because:

I think reaper is a stupid mechanic.

You are an imbecile. All you had to do was explain that you don't like the reaper mechanic, but you join whatever lfms are up.
This all started, when we started talking about reaper points - a measure of how often one runs reaper. From your idiotic babbling, it seemed like you refused to run reaper.

IP Logged

SpaceGoat
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #597 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 8:17am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 11th, 2022 at 5:46am:
Lots of ranged builds using it. I have an arty split using that + kensei core 3 for the multi. A few other arty builds using it, too.

More guides from Carpone https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/529136-U52-Three-repeater-builds-with-...

someone should donate to that guy's patreon...

Or onlyfans.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #598 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 9:55am
Print Post  
SpaceGoat wrote on Feb 11th, 2022 at 8:17am:
Or onlyfans.

I only donate to Tilomere's Onlyfans.  Cause I really want him to go fuck himself.  Cool
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2022 at 9:56am by Shunned »  

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #599 - Feb 11th, 2022 at 10:01am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Feb 9th, 2022 at 6:34pm:
Why is it when I type "Reaper is stupid" you read "Reaper is too hard"?

Because:

"Hate comes from beneath." - Poweroni
« Last Edit: Feb 11th, 2022 at 10:05am by Gunga »  

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 
Send TopicPrint