Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs? (Read 10993 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: Getting ready to TR, what do we know about bugs?
Reply #25 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:52pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 5:26pm:
Who knows.  That's why I'd advocate for eliminating the TR cache vs. trying to fix the process that happens during TR that creates it. 

That would be the simplest solution by a longshot. The TR cache is certainly nice and flavorful in concept, but if you cant fix it, kludge it: provide another 300+ bank slots. Frankly, I think most people would be happier with that solution anyway, since it helps non-TRing characters to!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
No tr bank would save me hrs... id be all for that

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
That's why I'd advocate for eliminating the TR cache vs. trying to fix the process that happens during TR that creates it.

I don't think you'll find any arguments against that around here, and certainly not from me.  It makes the most sense.

Which means there's probably some technical reason they can't do it.   Grin

Now you still have to fix the tome loss and the ED xp loss issues.  But, those seem to be a bit easier to document with a screen shot and they seem to be more willing to give those back.

Yeah, I've only heard of a couple people having pain with that, and mostly because they weren't logged in or whatever.  The process seems way more streamlined (which makes sense).

It's just the communication that's pissing people off the most.  I trust them that they're treating it as a priority - it's a gamebreaker for something like DDO.  But throw people a bone - you can't have 5-page threads where there's zero dev input.  People are going nuts.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #28 - Aug 25th, 2017 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 4:59pm:
Its rare enough that the simple solution would be "Give people back (some) of what they lost" - and for a while SSG was doing 10-12 items, pretty generous and probably enough for most folks. Now that they've scaled it back to 3 its pretty annoying.

Shit they were giving back 10-12? Almost every time I reported it (had 3-4 cases judging by my ticket history) I got the shaft and was told no go. Only except to that was the original +20 heart from MotU and an one time "pick 3 items" response. Even since then I've cut down on keeping items in the cache, which has seemingly fixed the problem.

IP Logged

Doggydaddy
Titan Demolisher

Pull my Finger......

Reply #29 - Aug 26th, 2017 at 10:35am
Print Post  
I lost what I was holding, a waraxe and a warhammer.. here's the kicker...

Apparently GMs can't make an item with a functional augment slot. They have to use a GM command to place the augment into the slot, and if you take the augment OUT of the slot, it reverts to 'look but can't touch'..

At least they gave me back the mats I used on the 2 items so I can remake them if I ever find the right blanks again

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:45am:
The dev team is just straight up retarded. Not even name calling here. They break things in an attempt to fix something which ultimately does not get fixed anyway. Think of the swf and twf line of feats being exclusive of each other. Why the fuck was that even added? In some shitty effort to stop wolves? But they didn't fucking know ranger auto grants them? And then they are selectable after anyhow?

It makes sense in that you don't want to give the same single weapon speed bonuses to a two weapon fighter.  Making then exclusive makes sense for most cases.  But then a ranger can get both, and then so can a druid who doesn't give a fuck about weapons anyway, and so the whole reason for making them exclusive goes right out the window and you might as well open it up to everyone instead of calling it a bug or an exploit.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 27th, 2017 at 2:02am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Aug 27th, 2017 at 1:47am:
don't want to give the same single weapon speed bonuses to a two weapon fighter. 

They never could. The swf icon does not activate until you have an orb or empty offhand. The orb will not proc twf offhand hits. Literal retards at ssg.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #32 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 11:34am
Print Post  
Well my TR went off without a hitch thusfar, still combing through the endless TR bank.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 12:37pm
Print Post  
Hundreds of reincarnations here, and I've never lost any items. I never bother with sitting around on the beach for 5 hours (just wait for login lag to clear) or restarting the client between each step (though that seems like a good idea if you can't handle the memory leak on your potato), but the most noticeable thing to me is that there seem to be a correlation between crashing or logging out mid reincarnation and lost items/tomes/EDs.

So maybe lost items/tomes/EDs are like hesitation marks.

I know I've always (except once) made sure to finish the whole process in one sitting once the trigger is pulled, just as Turbine/SSG has advised from the start.

That one time I went through the character creator to reincarnate and then just let that character sit for a month or two before logging in at level 1. I still didn't lose anything, but my quest log was bugged all to hell, and it had weird unpredictable consequences on gameplay for that life too.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #34 - Aug 28th, 2017 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
I waited on the beach for quite some time yesterday, then when I hit the ship went ahh hell.  Had about 10-15 items that were in my inventory instead of the TR cache, hearts of wood, sigil, some TF crap.  Said screw it, put them in my bank, pulled a few things out of the cache (jibbers, ingredient bags etc).  Got distracted by family for a while and idle/afk timer logged me out.  Logged back in and everything that was in my inventory and bank was now in the cache.  I checked a few things, seems like its all there, but still was a moment of panic!

IP Logged

Petik
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2017 at 8:45am:
I have not a single thought that makes me think they will fix tr issues.

Thats because you only lack imagination sir Wink I can imagine future patch that fixes TRs in this way "Release note change: From now characters can only process thru reincarnation if they empty TR cache, emty all bag slots, emty all bank slots and shared bank slots, and they are naked. Only item in inventory allowed is the hearth used for that reincarnation. We hope this fixes any future glitches regarding item loss during reincarnations. Sincerely your DDO team" Wink

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #36 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:34am:
Thats because you only lack imagination sir Wink I can imagine future patch that fixes TRs in this way "Release note change: From now characters can only process thru reincarnation if they empty TR cache, emty all bag slots, emty all bank slots and shared bank slots, and they are naked. Only item in inventory allowed is the hearth used for that reincarnation. We hope this fixes any future glitches regarding item loss during reincarnations. Sincerely your DDO team" Wink

If that's the case there's no need to wait for the future.  It's already here with the bonus feature of the TR system automatically emptying everything for you if you forget.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #37 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Petik wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:34am:

Yes, because the entire point of TR is to get the past life feat, NOT to re-play the game with all the amazing gear you grinded for  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #38 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
According to the forum paladins, as long as you're not a dirty, filthy cheater you have nothing to fear.

They're all quick to point out it's only happening to exploiters and it never, ever, ever happens to them...except for the two or three times that it did Tongue

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #39 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
I'm the filthiest of cheaters! Except not lately, because no one give me sploits!

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #40 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:27pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
I'm the filthiest of cheaters! Except not lately, because no one give me sploits!

don't feel bad all i got this week was a stone re-use that they either fixed or i'm too dumb to get working

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #41 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 3:36pm:
According to the forum paladins, as long as you're not a dirty, filthy cheater you have nothing to fear.

They're all quick to point out it's only happening to exploiters and it never, ever, ever happens to them...except for the two or three times that it did Tongue

Anyone who says exploiters are the only ones having problems hasn't been playing the game for the last 8 years.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #42 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:23pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:53pm:
Anyone who says exploiters are the only ones having problems hasn't been playing the game for the last 8 years. 

Or are fucking idiot turbine supporters (sorry, the root is always turbine, don't care what they call themselves) who refuse to accept that anything that goes wrong in this game is turbine's fault.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #43 - Aug 29th, 2017 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:23pm:
Or are fucking idiot turbine supporters (sorry, the root is always turbine, don't care what they call themselves) who refuse to accept that anything that goes wrong in this game is turbine's fault.

I dunno, I'm farily certain I am somehow personally responsible for at least *some* of the problems with this game.

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #44 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 2:39am
Print Post  
Didn't take long for the victim blaming to come out of the shadows ....... SSG could never be at fault for this tr mess, it's the cheaters!

Fucking turd burglars

IP Logged

Ah Pook
Puppy Farmer

Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 2:45am
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 6:27pm:
don't feel bad all i got this week was a stone re-use that they either fixed or i'm too dumb to get working

The latter.  Sorry.

Daggertooth wrote on Apr 14th, 2017 at 6:52pm:
I'm pretty fucking sure I am a special snowflake.

Frank wrote on Apr 2nd, 2017 at 8:32am:
Laugh it up, funny man.

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:36am
Print Post  
Ah Pook wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 2:45am:
The latter.  Sorry.

to be fair i shared with 2 friends and they are apparently as dumb as i am

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Aug 29th, 2017 at 7:23pm:

The TR bug has been around for way too long for people to think it is the result of anything but a coding issue.  Sure players could be doing things to increase the chance of getting hit with the bug.  But, since we don't know what causes the bug, who can say what we can do to increase or decrease our risk? 

Could trying heart reuse exploit X increase your risk?  Maybe.  Who knows?  I'd not risk it. 

Could having Helm Y equipped all your inventory and bank slots full and being in an overflow condition when TRing increase your risk? Maybe.  Who knows?  I'd not risk it.

Could having an exclusive item (Say Jeweled Cloak) equipped and also having another one in your personal bank when TRing increase your risk?  Maybe.  Who knows?  I'd not risk it.

If you have to walk outside in the middle of a thunderstorm, I'd wear rubber soled shoes and not carry a big metal stick.   

EDIT:  Please do not PM me asking for exploits.  That is what Epoch is for.

« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2017 at 10:15am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Can we PM you asking for more advice on dealing with thunder storms?
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:14am by noamineo »  

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #49 - Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:24am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Aug 30th, 2017 at 11:13am:
Can we PM you asking for more advice on dealing with thunder storms?

My cat used to hide under the blankets.  Have you tried that?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint