Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Domain Cleric (Read 10811 times)
Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Re: Domain Cleric
Reply #25 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 10:02am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 9:52am:
This is meant for Flav and his situation.

When I build this for myself it will probably be 14 Cleric/6 Monk for 10k. All it would give up over this one is some spell slots and caster level.

I think it would be better as 14 FvS/6 Monk.  Get the wis to hit and damage.  Grab the HP.  The feats are tight, though, if you want to get grandmaster stance.  Have to find 2 feats somewhere.   Going 2 fighter to take some of the ranged feats and free up some slots might be an option.  Trickery domain level 14 is the charm mass spell.  Which is a nice add, though, in reaper content.  Doing 12/6/2 in FvS has fewer trade offs.  Just a few spells, but not really all that impactful.

« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2017 at 10:10am by Asheras »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #26 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
There are some perks in FvS. It's got HP, SP, Ref, Wis to damage, and the 2 +2 feats. These are nice things...you give up 3 enchant DC, Mass Charm, Mind Fog, Symbol of Persuasion, and Symbol of Stunning though. That is the bulk of the enchantment arsenal there on an enchant specced character. Probably FvS is the way to go if you want to focus more on pew pew though.
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:18am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #27 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:10pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 11:16am:
There are some perks in FvS. It's got HP, SP, Ref, Wis to damage, and the 2 +2 feats. These are nice things...you give up 3 enchant DC, Mass Charm, Mind Fog, Symbol of Persuasion, and Symbol of Stunning though. That is the bulk of the enchantment arsenal there on an enchant specced character. Probably FvS is the way to go if you want to focus more on pew pew though.

True, that.  You are limited to Greater Command (which is awesome but hits a limited set of mobs) and command.  I mean, your DC's on your other stuff won't completely suck because you are going full wisdom, but they aren't going to be reaper quality, unless you are attacking weak stat on mobs.  But then you are running into the limitations both of the divine spell book and the FvS spell slots.  You might be able to squeeze in soundburst and blindness against weak fort save mobs.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Oct 4th, 2017 at 2:46pm:
fully specced healers are not that useful anymore... there's so many ways to get heallng nowadays, that being a Hjealbot is being a gimp...

The character is a good ol' Hjealbot in dire need to find another thing to do beside hjealing.
Because even in Reapers ( low ones, I havent't tried her in R5 or more because first life'n'all ) there's no point to have a real healer

You're right that healing spec isn't needed for low reapers.  So don't take the Healing Domain, because it is completely redundant.  Also the Good domain is pretty useless for a light spammer despite the +2 Light Spell Power/level even if SLA BB and even SLA deific vengeance are decent SLAs.  You want the SLAs fron Sun or the DCs from a different domain instead. 

Melee is still a flavor build, but if you have a melee cleric you'll still be improving it just by picking the War domain and rolling on.

But you don't need anyone to tell you these things, right?
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:48pm by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #29 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:47pm:
But you don't need anyone to tell you these things, right?

You're right.
But it's always good to ask around to get ideas you haven't thought about. and it gets people discuss other builds along the way ( like the FVS/monk.. I have a FVS that has been sitting at LVL 11 for years [ pre-enhancement crash], that might be recoverable through that build now that I've cleared his inventory of all the trash that was stored there )
« Last Edit: Oct 5th, 2017 at 12:54pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 1:14pm
Print Post  
I still think the pew pew version is 10FvS/10Monk. You aren't casting anything but heals and buffs primarily. Maybe dots on bosses

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #31 - Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 9:52am:
This is meant for Flav and his situation.

And I'm just being an opportunist as I'm looking for interesting Elf based builds for 3 months from now.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #32 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:16am
Print Post  
QuantumFX wrote on Oct 5th, 2017 at 7:06pm:
And I'm just being an opportunist as I'm looking for interesting Elf based builds for 3 months from now.

11 AP from racial PL means that doing AA through the elf now only costs 3 of your 80 AP.  That offers a lot more flexibility. 

Most all the racial trees look a lot more appealing when the enhancements are free or you can access tier 4 for 5-7 AP spend. 

Hell, a dragonborn can now get +3 spell pen, 100 SP,  and +3 to evocation DC's for 18 AP, 11 of which are free.  (You get some HP in there, some fire spell power and caster levels if you want, also).  For 20, (net cost 9 AP) you can have wings, too. 

A Deep Gnome can have permanent blur, stone skin SLA, 20 spellcraft, wand and scroll mastery.  Some PRR, some MRR, some wis or int.  Al for free.

The Racial AP are power creep, sure.  But they also make the racial decision more nuanced.  What was basically a starting stats discussion is now much more interesting.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:16am:
The Racial AP are power creep, sure.  But they also make the racial decision more nuanced.  What was basically a starting stats discussion is now much more interesting

There are some that benefit more than others. PDK charisma to hit, Dwarf tree, any DC caster stat race, halfling throwers, elf AA builds. Would prolly never pick a human again with 10 racial ap for anything.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

nice things.

Reply #34 - Oct 6th, 2017 at 1:31pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
There are some that benefit more than others. PDK charisma to hit, Dwarf tree, any DC caster stat race, halfling throwers, elf AA builds. Would prolly never pick a human again with 10 racial ap for anything.

True.  Human used to be the "Master Race" with their extra feat, extra skill points, and the pre-nerf racial action boosts. 

Now that they nerfed the action boosts, you are always at a stat disadvantage over another race and very few feats are powerful enough to offset everything else you are giving up.  They don't suck, but they are less dominant, for sure. 

some nice options: 

On a ranged build: You can get 20% Hamp, 2d6 of ranged sneak dice and dim door via dragonmark for free.

On a tankish build:  You can get 15% shield AC, Dim Door, 20% Hamp, and 20 extra HP unconcious range and +10 PRR when under 50% health. 

Not too shabby.  I like that free dim door.  I always use the human feat on the dragonmark when doing human PL's.  It is useful in leveling content.  Not sure if it is worth it for an at cap final build.

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #35 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:52am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 12:21pm:
Would prolly never pick a human again with 10 racial ap for anything.

how about a kensai powersurging for +11 to all stats

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 7:36am
Print Post  
crunch wrote on Oct 7th, 2017 at 5:52am:
how about a kensai powersurging for +11 to all stats

human is still fine, it's that I see other races as better choices for almost any class. Humans still have their uses.

The +3 surge can be matched or surpassed by dwarf training (if using axes, picks, or hammers), + tactics increase, and shit ton of hps. Suppose if going with khopesh, bastard sword, short sword, sos, or falchion then human is still great. Possibly great xbow 18/x or 20 pure builds. It's the hamp, a feat, and a 1 ap m/r power boost that makes humans really good. The total versatility of the race in offering such a large variety of useful abilities is what makes it desirable. Look at orc, for an opposite example, and despite it getting a huge str push, and weapon damage increase in the tree, it still falls way behind other races when everything is taken into account.

Still, I'm not sure any build would want to spend 18(8 if full racial) ap for +3 surge to 4 stats. Slight increases like that are really only good when trying to hit high dcs, say, like, comboing kta+str, or kta, str, + cha for pdk training, and even then it's only 3 stats at most, that a build would wish to action boost surge.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

QuantumFX
Shroud Slacker

Now back to the GOOD part!

Reply #37 - Oct 7th, 2017 at 4:01pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 6th, 2017 at 11:16am:
11 AP from racial PL means that doing AA through the elf now only costs 3 of your 80 AP.  That offers a lot more flexibility.

I may be awesome, but I'm not that awesome.  (I’m shopping for ideas on what I want to do for elf lives.)

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint