Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Re: Put a fckin teleport to grp mechanic already (Read 7524 times)
Magneto
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Put a fckin teleport to grp mechanic already
Nov 7th, 2017 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Haha. Im sure you not happy because you dont know the location of the quests. First words by joining groups is. Share pls  Shocked . Best game ever. Is still DDO..
Good to have a small good population than a big winy douchebag one . Grin

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #1 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 8:16am
Print Post  
Magneto wrote on Nov 7th, 2017 at 6:47am:
Haha. Im sure you not happy because you dont know the location of the quests. First words by joining groups is. Share pls  Shocked . Best game ever. Is still DDO..
Good to have a small good population than a big winy douchebag one . Grin

Meanwhile back at the ranch when I join an R4 instance that is 2 minutes into it on the LFM I expect to get to the quest before they are at the boss.

The bigger point here is that this discourages grouping.  If you are not on the same exact time frame as everyone else chances are you will have pretty much wasted your time running out to catch up to any potential group.    The problem is worsened in places like the desert or orchard.   And I shouldn't have to build my characters around various run speed bonuses to get over the 30% run speed max and moving like a fckin snail.

Get your head out of your ass and start implementing some simple solutions that encourage grouping.   People don't group because more often than not its more trouble than its worth and yet the same ancient boneheaded mechanics are in the game from day one that do nothing but affirm it.

Send out a message to eligible characters in range on the server...."Daggertooth has started an instance for R4 Inferno of the Damned that your in range for... click here to teleport to him now"

As I said it isnt rocket science.  Although since I posted this idea here its most likely another one we'll never see.. or maybe in around 2026 if they continue  at the current rate of implementing my ideas.
« Last Edit: Nov 7th, 2017 at 9:44am by Daggertooth »  

IP Logged

Demoyn
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
You think this game will still be live in 2026? Someone call the looney bin!

IP Logged

WonderfulFoppyBint
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Poooop

Reply #3 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 11:38am
Print Post  
+1 OP.

They put that bottle in though so GL.

OUR GOD: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1l7N-WLa3Q
Right of Self-determination: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-8bqQ-C1PSE

volt_ wrote on Mar 23rd, 2017 at 4:43pm:
Be a container for your genes to control your behavior in order to reproduce

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #4 - Nov 7th, 2017 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
http://ddowiki.com/page/In_development

Quote:
Things not included/pulled from U35:

UI/QoL

Harpers' Travelarium
New Building in:
Marketplace (north) - next to Teleporter and Ship Portal
Eveningstar in center plaza next to Hireling Vendor called Harper's Travelarium

Questing hub
created to help people figure out where to go and what to do
hub will help get to quest entrances more quickly.
We don't have a name for this new system yet
We'll be talking a lot more about it in the coming weeks.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:44pm
Print Post  
Nah man, why would they implement anything like that when other people could buy a Bracelet of Friends and spend a calculable amount of real money to teleport a complete stranger to the quest entrance?

Better still! Haven't you paid 15 astral shards to the teleport NPC for a one-way, one-time teleport to the quest entrance? Doesn't everybody do that constantly? No?

Its almost as if the solutions SSG HAS implemented are... retarded cash grabs?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Daggertooth
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:44pm:
Nah man, why would they implement anything like that when other people could buy a Bracelet of Friends and spend a calculable amount of real money to teleport a complete stranger to the quest entrance?

Better still! Haven't you paid 15 astral shards to the teleport NPC for a one-way, one-time teleport to the quest entrance? Doesn't everybody do that constantly? No?

Its almost as if the solutions SSG HAS implemented are... retarded cash grabs?

Bottom line is that this is why most people are just playing alone these days.   People just see grouping as a an unnecessary hassle when in fact grouping is where the game really shines. 

If they're smart they'll continue to work on these issues... because people that are playing alone now are more likely to quit and find better things to do.    It seems like they're a hell of a lot more on the ball then say 6-8 years ago so we'll see.   

Another idea is whenever you break group with a person you'l be given an option to join a grouping network with each person i.e. so and so has left your party would you like to add this character to your grouping network?   Yes/No.    Any time a person in your network creates a public instance in your range (i.e. one you coulc click on to join) you'll get a notification and an option to zip to that person instantly.   

Right now THE main reason people aren't grouping is just because its too much of a hassle.  If you got a notice in chat saying so and so who you see around and have grouped with in the past has started an instance would you like to go there now people would be much more likely to group up and get stuff done.   

IP Logged

S_O_B
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:21pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
Right now THE main reason people aren't grouping is just because its too much of a hassle

agree.  even on Buddy Weekend, by Saturday night we quit posting.
when people are on pots, and waiting to confront the boss, for someone to sprint through a wilderness.... bah... I don't know the actual math, but it did not feel like it was worth the extra exp...

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #8 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Daggertooth wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
Bottom line is that this is why most people are just playing alone these days.   People just see grouping as a an unnecessary hassle when in fact grouping is where the game really shines. 

Oh, I agree with you 100% on this. I don't necessarily agree with all of your implementation suggestions, but your basic idea? Yes, please and thankyou.

Personally, I think one super fantastic option would be to just ADD ALTERNATE QUEST ENTRANCES OUTSIDE THE EXPLORER AREAS. Knowing the right tips and tricks, I can pretty much get to any public area in about 30 seconds. Teleports, ships, farshifters, you name it I can get there. But once a quest is inside an explorer area, unless I know the area like the back of my fucking hand, its going to mean several minutes of dicking around to get to the quest entrance.

Just fucking forget shit like WGU(What Goes Up). I NEVER do the teleport unless I'm really bored, so if that quest is IP you can bet I'm not clicking that shit. That one is easily a 15-minute run when you account for occasionally clearing your train. It is just not fun.

Anyway, regarding your suggestions, you keep using the term "in-range"; I think the range should extend game-world-wide. Just teleport me straight to the quest entrance, please! Save soooooo much hassle and prevent much butthurt.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #9 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:30pm
Print Post  
S_O_B wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:21pm:
agree.  even on Buddy Weekend, by Saturday night we quit posting.
when people are on pots, and waiting to confront the boss, for someone to sprint through a wilderness.... bah... I don't know the actual math, but it did not feel like it was worth the extra exp...

Its usually not. Pots + wilderness zones = discouraged grouping.

I've always thought pots in general were a bad idea as they encourage "XP per minute" approach to gameplay, and that is strictly something you DO NOT WANT as an MMO game designer. You want two things: encourage grouping, and find ways to slow players down so the content lasts longer. XP potions do neither of those things.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #10 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
Muh pot is burning.......... wtf?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #11 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
In SSG's case, a much, MUCH better solution would have been a per XP-earned aproach, similar to what they do with the bonus slayer potions.

EG "Drink this potion and for every 3 XP points earned, earn 1 bonus XP point". And then, to discourage speed-running, make it based on "for this dungeon" with no time limit. For extra millage, add in bonuses for # of party members, breakables, etc; and fill every dungeon with opts.

Basically make it so taking the time to do total completion of the dungeon becomes worth more than  speed running it to the main objective several times.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
Its usually not.

Compounded by many other factors of pugging. I get lost in wilderness, once in the quest i then get lost inside of the quest, then die in a trap. Now you have to go get me. You already waited a couple minutes for me to get to the quest and now you have to get me to the chest. Getting me to loot wouldn't be nearly as bad at that point if you weren't waiting so long for me to get there. Now multiply that by a bunch of quests whenever someone like me joins. Across 10 quests that is nearly an hour just wasted. That could all have been fixed years ago by SSG with small things like free teleports, not nickle and diming you for shards...

Skrilla wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:51pm:
Muh pot is burning.......... wtf?

If you're older, or sedentary, a resting heartbeat of 60 beats per minute can be achieved by adults on average. What that means is if you can sync your heartbeat with your pot timer then you could be aware of it every single second. Now that you know this, your countdown will never be the same again. A 2-for-1. You can now be consciously aware of both your life and pot burning away in real time!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #13 - Nov 8th, 2017 at 7:42pm
Print Post  
Um.. from my studies... when a pot is running low.. a heart rate is off the charts... from my best guess its more like 300bpm..

Common side effects of running out of time on pots may include some if not all of these side effects..

Head sweating, dizzyness, hands sweating, dry mouth...chest pains, loss of vison.. hand shaking.. rectal tingling up to major butthurting.. mild vomiting.. heartburn.. loss of appitite.. near loss of bowels.. suicidal thoughts..  passing out..

Please use pots responsibly..
the need of an oxygen tank is real..

60bpm while pots are running.. pfft.. who could do that? You talking about some real life monk or something?
« Last Edit: Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:34am by Skrilla »  

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #14 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:59am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 4:30pm:
Its usually not. Pots + wilderness zones = discouraged grouping

Probably the longest slayer run in the game is The Stormhorn Mountains to the North port.  Or possibly the two ports in Thunderholm for the raids. And being carried to the port point as a soul stone is still a thing.

Any of these are about a 5 minute run.  In Stormhorns pop an invis pot at the bottom of the ramp and you can get to the N port before it expires.

Where the game fails is in the older content which has no ports at all.  So you have to slog through the L9 slayer to get to the epic L22 ADQ raid, which makes zero sense.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #15 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 6:02am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 8th, 2017 at 3:44pm:

The sad truth is that a BoF won't actually teleport anyone to a quest entrance.  If they did then I'd be buying them in droves.  But they don't, and so I don't.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #16 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 6:02am:
The sad truth is that a BoF won't actually teleport anyone to a quest entrance.  If they did then I'd be buying them in droves.  But they don't, and so I don't.

The one place they do work is the entrance to the old ToD raid, since the entrance cave is actually a public space. Basically all other raid and quest entrances that are buried inside wilderness zones? Fuck you. But that ONE raid they did it right...

Frank wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:59am:
Probably the longest slayer run in the game is The Stormhorn Mountains to the North port.  Or possibly the two ports in Thunderholm for the raids. And being carried to the port point as a soul stone is still a thing.

Any of these are about a 5 minute run.  In Stormhorns pop an invis pot at the bottom of the ramp and you can get to the N port before it expires.

Where the game fails is in the older content which has no ports at all.  So you have to slog through the L9 slayer to get to the epic L22 ADQ raid, which makes zero sense.

First off, spoken like a true SSG fanboy, are you sure you aren't Lynball?

If you're running to the thunderholme raids you're an idiot, that one they were smart enough to add a >>>>>FREE<<<<< teleport NPC to.

Fuck the stormhorns, the teleport has to be re-set every life. "Being carried as a stone" is a fucking retarded solution. Its like replacing one of your car wheels with a log. Technically feasible, but buying a new wheel would be a MUCH better option.

Also, that 5 minute run is still enough for most WGU groups to make it halfway to the end fight. Factor in catching up, and unless you know the quest by heart AND what route your party took, you'll be lucky to be anywhere near the end by the time they start that fight.

Stormhorns needs a free teleport-to-quest-entrance NPC worse than any other wilderness zone in the game. All of them need it.

Or, my personal favorite solution: don't put quests inside wilderness zones. Its fun the first time. After that its just a bitch and a half.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #17 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 4:09pm:
Or, my personal favorite solution: don't put quests inside wilderness zones. Its fun the first time. After that its just a bitch and a half.

This.

That guy inside the Orchard gate is a fucking slap in the face...

Seriously, if I finish the explorers, just take me to the fucking quest entrance.

If I am faced with paying Shards to get to a quest, I either:

A) Run something else
B) Do the run out and grab some Slayer kills along the way (if I can be assed to bother and have time)

I have some Bracelets in my bank collecting dust.

I don't know why I keep them... Likely because they are from the old Lottery Days before Daily Dice...  Undecided

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Nov 9th, 2017 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Metal-Beast wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 5:31pm:
This.

That guy inside the Orchard gate is a fucking slap in the face...

Seriously, if I finish the explorers, just take me to the fucking quest entrance.

If I am faced with paying Shards to get to a quest, I either:

A) Run something else
B) Do the run out and grab some Slayer kills along the way (if I can be assed to bother and have time)

I have some Bracelets in my bank collecting dust.

I don't know why I keep them... Likely because they are from the old Lottery Days before Daily Dice...  Undecided

The shard teleporters are just a giant middle finger from SSG. If it were a permanent unlock (pay 15 shards: be able to teleport to this dungeon FOREVER) that'd be ok. As a 1-time deal, who the fuck do they think is going to pay that?! That is the most blatent(and stupid) cash grab in history! Hell if the teleport guy just charged PLAT he'd get good use!

Orchard isn't one of the worst offenders; its open and relatively flat. It doesn't take much time or effort to get anywhere. Yes its irritating, but its pretty easy to find the dungeons.

FUCK WHELOON SO HARD

I fucking hate that explorer area. More than once I've joined a pug just to go "fuck it, not worth braving that fuck-maze for this quest". And the purple shit. Fuck gianthold, too, neither of those explorer areas are fun to run through.

IP Logged

Metal-Beast
Abbot Raider

\m/

Reply #19 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 11:22am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 9th, 2017 at 6:33pm:
FUCK WHELOON SO HARD

Agreed.

I am normally unbothered by Explorer areas (I view them as "Free XP, Me Time"), but fucking Wheloon can eat a bag of dicks.

That X-pack failed so hard, I don't know why they even fucking released it.

(Qualification: Storms Horns is a great wilderness area, aesthetically).

I Got Nothin'.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #20 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Storm horns is authentically beautiful and great to talk through if you aren't in a hurry. Its worth picking up every explorer once, because they really took the time to put those things where they'd show you every nook and granny. With the exception that one whole quadrant has none, letting you just serenely explore.

Wheloon, by contrast, looks like a festering sack of shit. Until the tower activates. then it looks like a festering sack of shit Grimace(the purple guy from mcdonalds) sharted all over. To make matters worse, it is an unholy maze where missing one jump can mean arriving at the dungeon too late to assist your party.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
Lol @ noobs getting lost in Wheloon and complaining about the free teleporter in the orchard.  Grin

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #22 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 1:57pm:
Lol @ noobs getting lost in Wheloon and complaining about the free teleporter in the orchard.  Grin

Since when is the teleport free? Last time I talked to the guy he wanted 15 astral shards.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #23 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 3:58pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 2:46pm:
Since when is the teleport free? Last time I talked to the guy he wanted 15 astral shards.

It's free after you do all the quests...

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Nov 10th, 2017 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Nov 10th, 2017 at 3:58pm:
It's free after you do all the quests...

Because THAT'S super helpful  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint