Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Vistani Assassin (Read 23495 times)
Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Re: Vistani Assassin
Reply #25 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 11:57am:
Ah. I was mistaken on assassinate, since you could take it with tier 5 and not capstone. My bad.

@Rubbins. With the new monk changes assassin will be a lot deadlier in end game than monk if played correctly. Right now all pure 20 monk has on assassin is dps. Which is about to be slashed heavily. Monk will probably pull ahead in straight up DPS still, and will most likely be best for bosses, but for trash clearing I’d still go rogue.

I would still go monk.

Then again, I choose monk over everything.

Healer? Monk. CC? Monk. Speed? Monk. Buffs? Monk.

33 racial lives? They will all be monk. Because I love it that much.

I might be a tad bias. Only a tad.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
Ah. I was mistaken on assassinate, since you could take it with tier 5 and not capstone. My bad.

@Rubbins. With the new monk changes assassin will be a lot deadlier in end game than monk if played correctly. Right now all pure 20 monk has on assassin is dps. Which is about to be slashed heavily. Monk will probably pull ahead in straight up DPS still, and will most likely be best for bosses, but for trash clearing I’d still go rogue.

I dont think he even took assassinate in tier 5. i would check the build, but monk even after nerfs is still better.

jade tomb, dismissing strike, stunning fist, 100k helpless damage, higher boss dps, and movement speed + abundant step to close in on any targets makes monk the best melee build. the nerfs arent even enough. duality is still too good. all the devs did is lower the boss dps from 40k to 30k, while still allowing 100k helpless damage to trivialize trash. even at r10 a mob with 20k hp would be around 200k effective hp. that is still 2-3 seconds for monks to vaporize any target.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

acidpickachu
Waterworks Kobold

drugs not hugs

Reply #27 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
I think you’re over estimating the damage monks will be doing after the changes. We’ll see though. Would love to be proven wrong. Overall I think monk will still be higher boss dps, however with these changes rogues will gain a lot with trash clearing and will be a solid addition to flavor over having a party full of wraps.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
acidpickachu wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 1:29pm:
I think you’re over estimating the damage monks will be doing after the changes. We’ll see though. Would love to be proven wrong. Overall I think monk will still be higher boss dps, however with these changes rogues will gain a lot with trash clearing and will be a solid addition to flavor over having a party full of wraps.

i dont have an account back yet to test monk dps on lama. nor do i have the will to atm. rogue 18 + monk splash, and kensei 18 + monk splash does have competitive dps, but even after nerfs pure monk should still beat them. just not by as much as it does right now.

swashbuckler with shield bashes should also do very well considering ravenloft buckler has a 1d10+10 attached to every weapon die.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #29 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
all the devs did is lower the boss dps from 40k to 30k, while still allowing 100k helpless damage to trivialize trash. even at r10 a mob with 20k hp would be around 200k effective hp. that is still 2-3 seconds for monks to vaporize any target.

Actually, all they did was put a little speedbump in front of Shintao monks but they gutted pure Henshin stick builds.  They gave it to Henshin in the ass with no lube essentially.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 12:54pm:
I dont think he even took assassinate in tier 5. i would check the build, but monk even after nerfs is still better.

jade tomb, dismissing strike, stunning fist, 100k helpless damage, higher boss dps, and movement speed + abundant step to close in on any targets makes monk the best melee build. the nerfs arent even enough. duality is still too good. all the devs did is lower the boss dps from 40k to 30k, while still allowing 100k helpless damage to trivialize trash. even at r10 a mob with 20k hp would be around 200k effective hp. that is still 2-3 seconds for monks to vaporize any target.

Yep, Id be willing to bet an 18 monk/1 fvs/1 druid scourge will be the new meta/op (if you know what it fully offers  Wink)

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 8:22pm:
Yep, Id be willing to bet an 18 monk/1 fvs/1 druid scourge will be the new meta/op (if you know what it fully offers  Wink)

if you wanted to gimp your dps but have insane dc, then 15/4/1fvs pdk with ssword should be hitting around 120~ QP dc/ 150 jades.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #32 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:02am
Print Post  

Saw Dmitri getting a 25 second Kobold  kill yesterday, I'm thinking Monk is still on top.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:11am by Bigjunk »  

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #33 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 13th, 2018 at 7:18pm:
They gave it to Henshin in the ass with no lube essentially.

To be fair, that is how they like it.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #34 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:45am
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 9:02am:
Saw Dmitri getting a 25 second Kobold  kill yesterday, I'm thinking Monk is still on top.

25 is not great, 25 was a decent number pre-RL.

I guess if on Lam that person had shit gear and PL's maybe that's good.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #35 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 11:45am:
25 is not great, 25 was a decent number pre-RL.

I guess if on Lam that person had shit gear and PL's maybe that's good.

it's the fastest I saw hanging out there for about an hour.   

What's beating this at this time?

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:25pm:

New bear druid can do it in 15.2 seconds.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #37 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:55pm
Print Post  
AbominableIdiot wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:45pm:

For about 3-4 weeks after it goes live or until about a week after the sale on the Druid class is over.

IP Logged

AbominableIdiot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:55pm:
For about 3-4 weeks after it goes live or until about a week after the sale on the Druid class is over.

You're damn right.  SSG's gotta make that profit!  Grin

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 12:25pm:

symb was getting 24-20 without prowess on 18 rogue, 18 kensei, 20 monk. shavara was hitting 12 without spite and without deadly rain.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:01pm
Print Post  

that is amazing considering it glances aoes.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #41 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:00pm:
symb was getting 24-20 without prowess on 18 rogue, 18 kensei, 20 monk. shavara was hitting 12 without spite and without deadly rain. 

I saw that video, Sym had to have been using some "features" that were not intended, cosmestics for set bonuses, etc,  . . . The MP didn't add up based on his  Good Death proc. 

Dmitiri is Shavara for what it's worth.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #42 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:54pm
Print Post  

Something about Bear druids being overpowered is so retarded that it doesn't bother me.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:21pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 2:51pm:
I saw that video, Sym had to have been using some "features" that were not intended, cosmestics for set bonuses, etc,  . . . The MP didn't add up based on his  Good Death proc. 

Dmitiri is Shavara for what it's worth.

only features would be 1w from dagger set. i didnt check his buff bar for it. he wasnt using any other features that would affect times. and i think his monk time was without duality.
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:21pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #44 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 3:21pm:
only features would be 1w from dagger set. i didnt check his buff bar for it. he wasnt using any other features that would affect times. and i think his monk time was without duality.

what video/what build was shav running? pure monk?
« Last Edit: Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:29pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 4:45pm:
what video/what build was shav running? pure monk?

14/6 helf. on his youtube channel.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #46 - Mar 14th, 2018 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 14th, 2018 at 5:48pm:
14/6 helf. on his youtube channel.

pm me a link if you would. also yeah, this is still just such a strong build.

IP Logged

Young_Thot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 4:56am
Print Post  
@ Rubbinns

fastest i got was 23 sec on my monk tho couldnt relly test that well do to the lag  + dont have that many PLS on my monk and its shav

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #48 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 6:09am
Print Post  
Young_Thot wrote on Mar 15th, 2018 at 4:56am:
@ Rubbinns

fastest i got was 23 sec on my monk tho couldnt relly test that well do to the lag  + dont have that many PLS on my monk and its shav

your time could be faster if you went halfling. i put up 24 on my 12/6/2. that was before ravenloft and with 1 rogue life, 2 dex from racial (1ap), and 3 doubleshot from 1 epic primal life.
« Last Edit: Mar 15th, 2018 at 6:10am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Young_Thot
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #49 - Mar 15th, 2018 at 7:14am
Print Post  
@ Rubbinns

oh i ment on my melee monk not my thower

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 
Send TopicPrint