Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Black friday sales (Read 15944 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: Black friday sales
Reply #75 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 5:25pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on Nov 24th, 2017 at 11:52am:
Here's another word for your vocabulary lesson, Mookie:  Marionette.

You are mine.  Your brain is a small and rather dull toy, but I do like to play with it on occasion.  And you dance so well!  But since I hold the strings I guess I deserve the credit and not you.

Assherass is a shill, but at least he is an honest shill.  You pay into ssg while trying to pretend that you don't, and that's just dishonest and pathetic.  Like the rest of your life.

Still butt hurt about me dragging all your stupid out into the spotlight eh?  Don't worry, it'll get better one day.   

Here's a tip to help.  If you don't post, other people can't see how stupid and butt hurt you are and won't call you out on it.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #76 - Nov 24th, 2017 at 7:38pm
Print Post  
Shit... them black friday deals made yall go hard on each other... nice

IP Logged

ShoeMaker
Korthos Resident

Reply #77 - Nov 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 4:13pm:
Take Shoemaker for example.  Apparently his discretionary income is near zero yet he continues to throw money at SSG and spend his time maintaining the DDO Wiki (lost opportunity cost that could have been used to increase his discretionary income and/or put food on his family's table without public panhandling).

Two things wrong with this statement as I see it.  First, how much money have I thrown at SSG since my discretionary income became near zero (when my son was born almost two years ago)?  Apparently, you seem to think you know how much I have and am spending.  Roll Eyes  Secondly, since I've actually not spent a cent in almost 30 months now, your source of information is outdated.  I didn't even purchase anything last black Friday (due to poor sales choices on Turbine's part as I remember, there was nothing I needed or could giveaway on stream).  I haven't purchased anything this black Friday either (didn't even look what the sale are).

Digimonk wrote on Nov 21st, 2017 at 4:13pm:
Whale status can be determined with a simple question at the moment.  Have you already purchased either the $79.99 or $129.99 Ravenloft bundles?

Apparently, I'm not a whale as I haven't even purchased the $39.99 Ravenloft bundle yet.  I'll wait until it's available for DDO Points and purchase it with the points I have banked from my monthly VIP points and the little amount of favor points I am getting currently from playing once every week or two.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #78 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 12:16am
Print Post  
ShoeMaker wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
Two things wrong with this statement as I see it.  First, how much money have I thrown at SSG since my discretionary income became near zero (when my son was born almost two years ago)?  Apparently, you seem to think you know how much I have and am spending.  Roll Eyes  Secondly, since I've actually not spent a cent in almost 30 months now, your source of information is outdated.  I didn't even purchase anything last black Friday (due to poor sales choices on Turbine's part as I remember, there was nothing I needed or could giveaway on stream).  I haven't purchased anything this black Friday either (didn't even look what the sale are).

Apparently, I'm not a whale as I haven't even purchased the $39.99 Ravenloft bundle yet.  I'll wait until it's available for DDO Points and purchase it with the points I have banked from my monthly VIP points and the little amount of favor points I am getting currently from playing once every week or two.

Fair enough.  My apologies.  If true, you're definitely not a whale.

I mistakenly assumed you'd be spending whatever you had on it since you were panhandling on a DDO related Twitch or whatever it is and spending so much of your free time maintaining the wiki.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #79 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:15am
Print Post  
ShoeMaker wrote on Nov 28th, 2017 at 8:31pm:
since my discretionary income became near zero (when my son was born almost two years ago)

You know, for many people, not getting out of the house for 2 years means less opportunities to spend their "fun money", meaning more money available for MMOs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #80 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:15am:
You know, for many people, not getting out of the house for 2 years means less opportunities to spend their "fun money", meaning more money available for MMOs.

Kids are expensive.   Being a good parent requires a significant investment of your free time and a significant financial expenditure.  Granted, a lot of people half-ass it these days but to do it right isn't easy or cheap.

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #81 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 3:07pm:
Kids are expensive.

Only if you feed them.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Carpone
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #82 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 3:07pm:
Kids are expensive.   Being a good parent requires a significant investment of your free time and a significant financial expenditure.  Granted, a lot of people half-ass it these days but to do it right isn't easy or cheap.

A-fucking-men. I sympathize with any parent who has a child playing hockey.  Could be worse: At least my kids don't do equestrian sports.

IP Logged

ShoeMaker
Korthos Resident

Reply #83 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 7:37pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 11:15am:

Having kids also means there is less "fun money" available for MMOs.  In fact, the best I can do is watch and participate in streams where the streamer is doing a giveaway.  I've gotten a few games and a steam code that way... That's been it for availability.  I struggle month to month to make the bills, especially since I fell at work and have been stuck unable to work.  I'm hoping to be somewhat better and turn some things around within six months, but who knows.

IP Logged

Skrilla
Puppy Farmer

Reply #84 - Nov 29th, 2017 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Id just give custody of the kids to the state... then buy some ottos and shards..  Cheesy

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #85 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 12:55am
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 8:18pm:
Id just give custody of the kids to the state... then buy some ottos and shards..  Cheesy

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #86 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Skrilla wrote on Nov 29th, 2017 at 8:18pm:

Or just be smart enough to not make kids in the first place if you can't afford them.   Birth control is cheap.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #87 - Nov 30th, 2017 at 3:03pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Nov 30th, 2017 at 1:37pm:
Or just be smart enough to not make kids in the first place if you can't afford them.   Birth control is cheap.

That's the decision my wife and I made. Got a vasectomy to avoid any "surprises," too.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 
Send TopicPrint