Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic THF Attack Sequences And Hitbox + Animal Forms (Read 1390 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

THF Attack Sequences And Hitbox + Animal Forms
Jul 22nd, 2018 at 5:38am
Print Post  
thf animations.

gets 1 attack + doublestrikes + glances on any of the attacks or doublestrikes. maximum of hit/dstrike/glance/glance.

1st attack covers directly behind the player with a short range and performs a 360 attack. intersetingly the targets behind you have to be very close with a tiny space away at max, but it covers all areas sw to se. the regular range is all of west to east on the 1st basic attack.

2nd and 3rd attacks have very small area of strictly nw to ne each. imagine a cone.

4th is 360.

bear and wolf form.

bear has small range east to west on all attacks ( mobs should be close to the sides ), and a longer narrow cone covering ne to nw, same one that thf uses for 2nd and 3rd attacks.

same for wolf except it does not have the longer range that a bear uses.

bear has longer range than pdk human or wolf and appears to use the cleave range. humans and wolves can hit with cleaves at further than basic attack can reach and bear seems to use that reach all the time.

bear 1st and 4th attacks glance only. the description states, and the bear was supposed to originally glance on all basic attacks. this is false and it is only on the 1st and 4th.... does ssg even know how glancing blows work?

wolves can never glance.

« Last Edit: Jul 22nd, 2018 at 5:40am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: THF Attack Sequences And Hitbox + Animal Forms
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2018 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
I have not got around to testing if GTHF grants bears the 3rd glancing blow in the basic attack sequence as it does to humanoid thf'ers. This shouldn't work according to ssg, but they also thought bear gets glancing blows on every basic attack. Obviously not the case since glancing seems to only follow its own rules despite the animations used ( only 1st and 4th sequence, unless gthf is active for the 3rd ).

If it does work then it becomes an auto-keep line of feats for your bear and druid is not feat rich. Either way it would be great if ssg could adhere to their description of glancing on every basic attack or at least taking the L and giving bear a way to get the 3rd glance on the 3rd animation without having to take gthf ( if it even works ).

Wolf form only has 3 animations in its sequence. Strange, no? Did old wolf have only 3? I do not remember. Why would that be? Maybe done so it reduces the dps because wolves have 15-30 attack speed? Old wolves could land up to 4 hits on an attack by using twf and offhand doublestrikes ( and stacking speed with swf line ),but new wolves may only get an attack and a doublestrike each animation?

I have to roll something to test this better, perhaps ranger levels on a wolf iconic.   

« Last Edit: Jul 26th, 2018 at 2:48pm by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #2 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 11:15am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jul 26th, 2018 at 2:47pm:
I have not got around to testing if GTHF grants bears the 3rd glancing blow in the basic attack sequence as it does to humanoid thf'ers. This shouldn't work according to ssg, but they also thought bear gets glancing blows on every basic attack. Obviously not the case since glancing seems to only follow its own rules despite the animations used ( only 1st and 4th sequence, unless gthf is active for the 3rd ).

If it does work then it becomes an auto-keep line of feats for your bear and druid is not feat rich. Either way it would be great if ssg could adhere to their description of glancing on every basic attack or at least taking the L and giving bear a way to get the 3rd glance on the 3rd animation without having to take gthf ( if it even works ).

Wolf form only has 3 animations in its sequence. Strange, no? Did old wolf have only 3? I do not remember. Why would that be? Maybe done so it reduces the dps because wolves have 15-30 attack speed? Old wolves could land up to 4 hits on an attack by using twf and offhand doublestrikes ( and stacking speed with swf line ),but new wolves may only get an attack and a doublestrike each animation?

I have to roll something to test this better, perhaps ranger levels on a wolf iconic.   

Bears do not get a glancing blow on their 3rd animation with GTHF. Also wolves only get 2 strikes per animation, I did see a few instances where a 3rd strike registered, but it was so rare it could have just been a latency issue.
« Last Edit: Jul 27th, 2018 at 11:15am by Teth »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2018 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Thanks, Teth.

Had a chance to do some testing with thf and swf cleaves and great cleaves. As well as ranges for great axes/mauls, and staffs ( which both use a different set of animations than swords/clubs ).

THF cleaves and great cleaves have a small 360 radius and a large arc in front covering a bit behind from sw to se. Same for staff/sword/axe. The exact area the 1st attack in thf swords and axes use, but cleaves have bit further reach forward..

thf great axe and maul.

1st is large radius east to west, and a small radius 360 ( nearly no spacing, unlike thf swords/club that allow some space).
2nd and 3rd are narrow cones nw to ne. same as swords/clubs.
4th is east to west and a small radius 360 ( same as the 1st attack range uses, and as the 1st attack range of thf sword/club attacks, unlike thf sword/club 4th animation and its larger 360 radius).

staff
1 2 3 east to west.
4th east to west plus the small 360 template all thf uses for its 1st attack

swf attack animations.
1st cover e to a bit sw.
2nd is west to east.
3rd is cone shaped nw to ne.
4th is sw to se.
1st and 4th only for swf glances.
cleave and great cleave do not reach behind.
blank spot behind character at all times even when cleaving.

« Last Edit: Jul 28th, 2018 at 2:34am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #4 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 8:54pm
Print Post  

Dat Azz   Huh Shocked Tongue Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #5 - Jul 29th, 2018 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
thx

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

Mogambo Guru
Dirty Sock

Up in ya

Reply #6 - Jul 30th, 2018 at 8:36am
Print Post  

Who could be that wall  Cheesy Cheesy Cheesy

Bigjunk wrote on Aug 4th, 2018 at 1:18pm:
BTW . . . I'm president of the KNN fanclub, troll a different post please.   

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint