Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Scourge Barb or Rogue (Read 4439 times)
wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: Scourge Barb or Rogue
Reply #25 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
BTW, someone here is a really immature piece of shit.  Reporting my account and getting my entire google account disabled for "reported illegal activities" simply because I posted videos to prove you wrong? 

No insults could come close to demonstrating how little I think of you now.

IP Logged

Rzyman
Waterworks Kobold

lovers gonna love

Reply #26 - Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Aug 24th, 2018 at 6:33pm:
BTW, someone here is a really immature piece of shit.  Reporting my account and getting my entire google account disabled for "reported illegal activities" simply because I posted videos to prove you wrong? 

No insults could come close to demonstrating how little I think of you now.

Some kind of troll, probably. I dont even really interested in this discussion cause wont roll any ranged for several monthes. And anything may change due to this time. So since I was the only who oppose you here, nope, I didnt. I dont really give a fuck if I wrong lol. Yet everytime I ran even with kensai crits on reaper I was out of EF almost half of the time. And good built melees or instakillers easily outkill\outdps me. So again, what difficulty are we talking about? On heroics or EH dailies EF+vorpal > all.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - Aug 25th, 2018 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Rzyman wrote on Aug 22nd, 2018 at 7:10am:
Ouch. Lol, I'm an idiot :-D Never been big in PnP though :-D made same mistake when did my druid life. Than fighter, obviosly. Same prr and mrr buff from stalwart yet no loh and free cleave.

If your character is going to cap, and from the OP referencing epic gear it appears that it is, then kotc cleave isn't really free because it doesn't satisfy the prerequisite for momentum swing.  And if you're using a 2-hander and maybe even if you aren't, you want that.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #28 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:42am
Print Post  
wolff wrote on Aug 23rd, 2018 at 11:07pm:
quick PL builds.  And I suggest this is as quick as they get.

I don't think you've considered the opportunity costs properly. It's not just the crit multi (though that is huge), but ap in BE means ap not spent elsewhere (probably missing 20% dshot, +4-6sneak attack dice, etc). And as far as RoF goes, the proper comparison is not EF vs base, but EF vs haste boost.

I don't care enough to check your math though. I just don't see any logic behind the claim that EF does more damage while leveling and 18/2 does better at cap. The advantage  of EF is at 14-18 (or more realistically 14-20).

I'm not saying it's slower/faster to level. I'm sure both have more than enough DPS to make the completion time on such easy content mostly dependent on run speed.

Frank wrote on Aug 25th, 2018 at 9:11pm:
If your character is going to cap, and from the OP referencing epic gear it appears that it is, then kotc cleave isn't really free because it doesn't satisfy the prerequisite for momentum swing. 

You can take Cleave as a feat for the prereq and still get free (and better) Great Cleave from KotC.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

wolff
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 27th, 2018 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:42am:
the proper comparison is not EF vs base, but EF vs haste boost.

my bad 88 shots vs 35 shots during the same time.   (Yes, I logged in and did a series of tests just to make sure my # was right).

I guess I don't understand the misunderstanding.  This isn't about breaking down individual shots, etc.  This is real simple like.  At double the shots per minute, you can do half the damage per shot and have the same DPS.   Unless you get a x2 across the entire 1-20 range, you literally cannot make up the difference in base damage by adding a +1 crit to 14-20. 

5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 27th, 2018 at 11:42am:
I just don't see any logic behind the claim that EF does more damage while leveling and 18/2 does better at cap

Again, this is pretty simple.  For leveling, you're running easier quests (i.e. not raids) that have shrines at pretty regular intervals.  Making sustaining 250 shots/min very easy.  In difficult content, i.e. raids at cap, you cannot.  There's only one shrine in baba.  So, you run out of action boosts, and the longer you go without EF, the easier it is for the 18/2 to catch up, because without EF, the better crit profile DOES matter. 

I guess I don't understand where the problem is.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint