Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Player Quality on various servers (Read 22845 times)
ManyCookies
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Re: Player Quality on various servers
Reply #175 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 6:04am
Print Post  
Endlessorrow wrote on Mar 8th, 2019 at 11:28pm:
They have a very good player Twoaxe And some decent ones TurnandBurn, Perci, Dian.  Legion is more casual/social than powergame though.

I got the impression that they dont pug much. I see Twoaxe around sometimes but hes usually afk.

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #176 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:01am
Print Post  
ManyCookies wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 6:03am:
OK, whats his story then? Like, why does he do that? And apparently he does this on every server?

Maybe he found a way to monetize?

IP Logged

Skoodge
LORD OF BOOBS

Whatever

Reply #177 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:30am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 4:15am:
Darcat is currently at the top of our recruit wish list

True story: I once let Darcat into my group and 2 minutes after joining he managed to get every member of the party killed*

*turns out your reaction time is pretty slow when someone aggros the final mob and boss while the party is busy in their message windows discussing how not to get killed.

Turbine policy - glitches and poor coding resulting in interference of your game play or enjoyment will be ignored.  Glitches or poor coding on the developers side that at all benefit your game play or enjoyment will result in your character being banned and/or items from your inventory deleted.  Please report all bugs via our bug report...when it works.

IP Logged

Endlessorrow
Korthos Resident

All is loss, the taste
of joy has become ashes.

Reply #178 - Mar 9th, 2019 at 2:01pm
Print Post  
The guild message of the day has links to some investment info sites and as far as i can tell he is using the guilds as outside of DDO marketing, but very light handed. Mostly it seems just likes DDO and is a whale with ususaly more than one Daladen Kraken on every server with all the buffs he can buy.
He claims to have direct access phone numbers to people at Standing stone games. He isn't a very good player or builder but can level a few levels that stones wont get.  He generally prefers to solo.

He will speak to me on occasion I just have to limit it to builds or people trashing Tycoons on the forums. He has claimed he can get forum posts taken down and players banned from the mobo's for fairly mild criticism of tycoons/favor runners ect. He has way more guilds than just Tycoons of Tomorrow.

I strongly suspect Asperger syndrome is in play. What he does is basically provide a place for new players to get guild buffs.

IP Logged

Mitheriana
Ex Member

Reply #179 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 6:34am
Print Post  
Pseudonym wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 4:15am:
Fake news, Darcat is currently at the top of our recruit wish list followed by Tilo and that adorable guy in the Conclave of Penguin Bane.

Tilo does love his sound burst.  Then again, being able to self heal r5 helps.

IP Logged

Darcat
DQ Assaulter

BEEFCAKE!!

Reply #180 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 9:17am
Print Post  
Skoodge wrote on Mar 9th, 2019 at 7:30am:
True story: I once let Darcat into my group and 2 minutes after joining he managed to get every member of the party killed*

boobie lmao i remember that - now i kno who u are haha

*turns out your reaction time is pretty slow when someone aggros the final mob and boss while the party is busy in their message windows discussing how not to get killed.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #181 - Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
What is the channel scene like on Thelanis?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noobane
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 11:51am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 11th, 2019 at 5:21pm:
What is the channel scene like on Thelanis?

It's looking pretty thin.  The main issue with Thelanis vs other servers is it is highly fragmented where much of the talent is spread out and no guild has a high concentration.
The answer since people don't want to consolidate from their long time guilds is to network with channels or discord.  I'm not aware of any thriving channels atm but working on getting a discord up and running.
« Last Edit: Mar 12th, 2019 at 1:32pm by noobane »  

IP Logged

teeuser
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #183 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
can't believe I actually signed here again after almost 2 years, but god this thread brings back memories!
now I don't remember much about the other servers except from Ghallanda which we often came in contact with and Khyber & Sarlona if I remember right, who had the Chinese guilds.
In Cannith where I played we had lots of good and experienced players, we had some pro-level players and we had a few individuals who were above that... they had a special, unique talent in this game and most likely in other similar games too. Other pro-players I remember just were not on the same level, they couldn't compete.

If I had to choose 5 players that I have never seen an equal to that would be Dazling, Gordon, Trobas, Walruss and Elihor.
I'm not talking about only using broken warlock builds (at least back then during Slavers module) or ranged only and perching, I'm talking about them outperforming on every build, on every past life they did. Theorycrafting, soloing shit, hell one of them even posted some reaper builds with some math behind buffing and debuffing and the Chinese did some crazy shit with it.
I heard Gordon is still playing, I wonder what happened to all the people I knew back then.
Anyway, yea I'm pretty sure the grass is greener in other servers, because good players who come together and form guilds attract other good players and that's how a server grows. Well... mostly, unless it's run by Turbine

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #184 - Mar 12th, 2019 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
Elli is back but he's in school so not as much

Gord and Tronk op as always

Walruss probably doing racials ain't seen him at cap

Daz not seen active in a long time

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #185 - Mar 13th, 2019 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
teeuser wrote on Mar 12th, 2019 at 4:54pm:
In Cannith where I played we had lots of good and experienced players

Tell us again about the wayback time, stranger.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

LavaMuffDiver
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #186 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
I thought this thread was going to be a bunch of shit talking and it turned into stuff about how its nice to help new players.

G-land is the best.  Using reaper KT as a barometer there are 5 guilds that have run successfully (that i know anyway) - Helter, Omni, Banned Camp, Ravensguard, and Best Beaches actually got one done this past Saturday.  Helter's runs are mostly full of late since the the influx of illegals from Brazil, Omni is doing their pretentious Euro thing, BC is better when they're drunk, Ravenguard has already been represented by Crippey here as a bunch of assholes, and BBA is mostly guys hoping that Sera will put aside her leadership responsibilities to come suck their dicks.  This motley collection is still kicking every other servers ass in terms of running shit.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #187 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 2:30pm
Print Post  
LavaMuffDiver wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 1:53pm:
...and BBA is mostly guys hoping that Sera will put aside her leadership responsibilities to come suck their dicks. 

Sera did put her guild leadership responsibilities aside.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

LavaMuffDiver
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Mar 14th, 2019 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Mar 14th, 2019 at 2:30pm:
Sera did put her guild leadership responsibilities aside.

o rly?  I didn't know that.  Maybe some of their dreams will finally come true now.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint