Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) What are people playing for endgame r10s and raids? (Read 12534 times)
noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Re: What are people playing for endgame r10s and raids?
Reply #50 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:53pm
Print Post  
makar wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 6:04pm:
And then I'm also working on a thf pally at the moment, but its pretty gimp without tomes or rap or many past lives.

Bladeforged or something else? I similarly have a thf BF pally @ lvl 30 right now, first life no tomes. It was "funny"(read, frustratingly stupid) when I tried to solo r1 Rosemary's Ballad. Pretty easy quest, yeah? Except no amount of skill can get around being chain-stunned. Same quest I can R6 on my very squishy main with a brazillion PLs. Dumb.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

makar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
Bladeforged or something else? I similarly have a thf BF pally @ lvl 30 right now, first life no tomes. It was "funny"(read, frustratingly stupid) when I tried to solo r1 Rosemary's Ballad. Pretty easy quest, yeah? Except no amount of skill can get around being chain-stunned. Same quest I can R6 on my very squishy main with a brazillion PLs. Dumb.

lvl 30 pdk thf pally (i used a +1 heart i had from rolls, wanted the last pdk iconic before i start grinding some racial + epic pls).

I've found the lack of epls + zero tomes + <10 reaper ap to be the biggest detriment. I'm planning to just make it a for fun toon that I use when I'm bored. If I can solo r4 on it without much issue, I'll be happy. going to tr as soon as I get a +5 tome from favor. And yeah playing a low budget melee kinda sucks - I don't even have displace clickies (which is something I try to have min 5+ on for even my ranged toons).

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 10:20pm
Print Post  
makar wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 9:34pm:
lvl 30 pdk thf pally (i used a +1 heart i had from rolls, wanted the last pdk iconic before i start grinding some racial + epic pls).

I've found the lack of epls + zero tomes + <10 reaper ap to be the biggest detriment. I'm planning to just make it a for fun toon that I use when I'm bored. If I can solo r4 on it without much issue, I'll be happy. going to tr as soon as I get a +5 tome from favor. And yeah playing a low budget melee kinda sucks - I don't even have displace clickies (which is something I try to have min 5+ on for even my ranged toons).

If you want a good low-budget melee there's BF 3 paladin/5wizard/12 fighter. You get displacement and a few other wizard buffs, some good PRR from sacred defender, and enough fighter feats to get your jollies. I've run it a few times and it might just be better than pure pally first-life.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #53 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 7:53pm:
It was "funny"(read, frustratingly stupid) when I tried to solo r1 Rosemary's Ballad. Pretty easy quest, yeah? Except no amount of skill can get around being chain-stunned.

The boss spams Shout or whatever, right? Did you try a Soundproof item?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #54 - Oct 5th, 2020 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
I see that. I've now played it enough to see what that would mean. That's a big reduction...

Actually DS would max at about 231% (add the 7% insightful and 20% morale from rapid throw.. a 10 sec buff you can maintain) This means under the current scheme, you get 5 daggers A fair amount.

So,

-
~23.2% nerf. Yeah when you add in MoM and Reaper boosts its a little less. But, that's still pretty rough.

yup. It's ugly

Head-Meat wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 12:42pm:
In other news, I ran with a Pure (I think it was pure) Rogue Inquiz that did really well. How close is that in dmg?

No idea. I've never calced dmg on xbows before. after the nerf I'm sure they'll compare much more favorably to daggers and shuris tho!

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 12:18am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 5th, 2020 at 10:52pm:
The boss spams Shout or whatever, right? Did you try a Soundproof item?

Hmmm, let's see... Wiki lists 4 soundproof items. 2 raid items, with lengthy flagging mechanics, a robe, and a belt from a tedious quest no one ever runs on epic. No, my first-life no tomes casual BF pally does not have a soundproof item, but it does sound handy. Maybe after things calm down I'll go farm out that belt.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #56 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
BTW, I've continued to get the thrower thing down.

In shiradi, my new avg dps is 30k on Bruntsmash. (Fully upgraded Wide Open Sky now).

That puts thrower, nerfed, pretty similar if not a bit ahead, of CHA Pally.

Hmm. Not sure how i feel about that. The benefit of the CHA pally is the defenses and AOE instakill which the thrower wouldn't have... The pally would actually clear trash faster and be close to the same on bosses.

Strake wrote on Mar 31st, 2020 at 1:51pm:
Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Gunga wrote on Oct 5th, 2022 at 2:27am:
Bitcoin. lul
--Who is luling in March 2025?
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #57 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Currently farming PM/EK stuff to try EK or PM with Neg self-heals. I'll report back when I do that.

Like every group, there are schlubs and there are stars, and a lot in between. Pick your cause and I can say the same thing about the associated group.
Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #58 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
Still also want to try STR/Tremor Pally

Other consideration: Actually try caster alchemist.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:50pm
Print Post  
Sorc is still the best caster and solo build. Here's Fati with a list of r10 solos. None of that charm and hide bullshit. The man just goes for it.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/509515-Ascendance-runs?p=6364234#post6...

He also just did Rosemary in under 16 minutes, and Raven's Bane in under 28 ( said he had a bad run with too many dooms but didn't feel like fishing for faster time ).

Head-Meat wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:05pm:
In shiradi, my new avg dps is 30k on Bruntsmash

Gordon was getting 7 seconds ( 71K ) on lamania tests in Shiradi using the 11/6/3bard ( no undead form ). VKF tier 5 spec'd.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:06pm:
Currently farming PM/EK stuff to try EK or PM with Neg self-heals. I'll report back when I do that.

You don't want to go PM EK. Go WF EK with falconry. WF 18wiz/1barb/1fighter is what I did.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #61 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:51pm:
You don't want to go PM EK. Go WF EK with falconry. WF 18wiz/1barb/1fighter is what I did.

Why would you do a wis-based WIZARD? The whole point of pale EK is you can do int-to-hit/dmg with Harpers tree.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #62 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:25pm:
Why would you do a wis-based WIZARD? The whole point of pale EK is you can do int-to-hit/dmg with Harpers tree.

I'm sure he didn't He just went for helpless dmg

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #63 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:50pm:
S

Gordon was getting 7 seconds ( 71K ) on lamania tests in Shiradi using the 11/6/3bard ( no undead form ). VKF tier 5 spec'd.

Hmm.. I'm doing t5 DWS. Maybe I'll try VKF.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

fuckface mcgee
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #64 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 3:15pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 1:51pm:

I'd love to see that build. Spending on both Falconry and Harper together because you don't have to spend any AP in Pale Master? Taking Falconry instead of Harper?

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #65 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
Sorc is still the best caster and solo build.

This.   So much fun.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #66 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 3:33pm
Print Post  
fuckface mcgee wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 3:15pm:
I'd love to see that build. Spending on both Falconry and Harper together because you don't have to spend any AP in Pale Master? Taking Falconry instead of Harper?

IMO palemaster provides better self-healing than reconstruct/repair. The constant ticking can(with enough spell power/crit chance) turn into a full heal every few seconds even on high skull reapers. There's also the double-benefit: if damages things around you, and if you invest in the SLAs you can deal more damage for a very little spellpoint investment.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 2:57pm:
Hmm.. I'm doing t5 DWS. Maybe I'll try VKF.

It's better for boss bursts and quest trash clearing. VKF gets Whirling Blades twice in the time it takes MoM to come off cooldown. Vendetta beats an additonal 30 RP that DWS gets. Which is why IPS on a VKF is better and why it's better for quests. The extra Doubleshot that DWS has won't count when MoM and Whirling are active since 5 daggers is the hard cap. And While MoM is up Vendetta beats 30 rp.

DWS has an edge if you're looking to dps something for longer than 35 seconds ( the amount of initial burst VKF has from MoM and Whirling ). Namely the advantage is on high skull raid bosses.

Few things to remember when playing VKF is Vendetta, Whirling, and Blessed Blades all override each other. Deadly Weapons or any buffs that act like it will also override them. What you want to do is have Vendetta up for MoM. Use Whirling after MoM, and never with Vendetta or Blessed. 

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #68 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:15pm
Print Post  

Ok if he got 7 Seconds, he got a lucky hunts end + sniper shot. I tried t5 Vkf. You gain ~20RP but you lose 20 ds%. It's pretty close overall. I got similar dps number. SLIGHTLY less with VKF.

If you get a 19/20 on your Sniper shot, you can get 4-5x 30k crit. I've seen it plenty of times in quests and playing with training dummy. But, it's not so common as to be averageable.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #69 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 4:56pm:
It's better for boss bursts and quest trash clearing. VKF gets Whirling Blades twice in the time it takes MoM to come off cooldown. Vendetta beats an additonal 30 RP that DWS gets. Which is why IPS on a VKF is better and why it's better for quests. The extra Doubleshot that DWS has won't count when MoM and Whirling are active since 5 daggers is the hard cap. And While MoM is up Vendetta beats 30 rp.

DWS has an edge if you're looking to dps something for longer than 35 seconds ( the amount of initial burst VKF has from MoM and Whirling ). Namely the advantage is on high skull raid bosses.

Few things to remember when playing VKF is Vendetta, Whirling, and Blessed Blades all override each other. Deadly Weapons or any buffs that act like it will also override them. What you want to do is have Vendetta up for MoM. Use Whirling after MoM, and never with Vendetta or Blessed. 

Oh.. Ok I didn't know some of those things. Good stuff. Thank you.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:31pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 5:15pm:
Ok if he got 7 Seconds, he got a lucky hunts end + sniper shot

No. His times were consistent. 30k is just really low.

You gain ~20RP but you lose 20 ds%

The extra Doubleshot that DWS has won't count when MoM and Whirling are active

19/20 on your Sniper shot, you can get 4-5x 30k crit.

also low for 19-20 sniper shot, hunt's end.

IP Logged

Head-Meat
57%Misunderstood53%Moron

Subtle. I know.

Reply #71 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 6:31pm:
No. His times were consistent. 30k is just really low.

Well wtf am I missing, then? The only significant thing I don't have are upper-tier reaper stuff. I have gear, PLs, and twists. I'm hitting the special attacks when they're off CD.

I didn't know about the multi-CD stuff. But, that's not relevant for a 7 second time.

I even use a swap for Through the mists +50 RP.

Bitcoin. lul
*Proud FORCCer*

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:05pm
Print Post  
Head-Meat wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 8:29pm:
Well wtf am I missing, then? The only significant thing I don't have are upper-tier reaper stuff. I have gear, PLs, and twists. I'm hitting the special attacks when they're off CD.

I didn't know about the multi-CD stuff. But, that's not relevant for a 7 second time.

I even use a swap for Through the mists +50 RP.

IDK. I can get 14-15 seconds (33-35k ) pretty consistently on lamania in Legendary Dreadnought. And my character is trash. That time is behind what I get in Shiradi, Fatesinger, or even Fury without Unbridled.

Not every single recorded time was 7 seconds for Gordon, but he never fell below 10 seconds, and those were rarer than his faster times. If he fished longer for better times, grabbed every possible buff/potion, and went full kobold twists, he probably could do a 5-6 second ( 90k~ ) peak time.

You're taking around 10-12 seconds to kill r5 bruntsmash ( 30k~ dps ), which gives you enough time to stack Vacuum for the first 2 or 3 seconds. IDK what twists you used, ap selection, ED ap, or gear.

Optimal rotation on a 10-12 second kill would mean you start with Sniper Shot almost immediately and use Hunt's End for the second Sniper Shot.

Something like this : Vacuum swap, Rapid Throw, Aimed Shot, Sniper Shot, Sky swap, then use up any other activated attacks here. Then set up Hunt's End into Sniper Shot finale.

Not much more you can really do with regards to rotations since dagger throwers don't really have that many activated attacks with low cooldowns.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:08pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2020 at 9:05pm:
Something like this : Vacuum swap, Rapid Throw, Aimed Shot, Sniper Shot, Sky swap, then use up any other activated attacks here. Then set up Hunt's End into Sniper Shot finale.

can't edit. Sky swap then Sniper Shot is correct order.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #74 - Oct 7th, 2020 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
What you want to do is have Vendetta up for MoM. Use Whirling after MoM.

It depends if you're going for belly or back.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint