Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Ready for Ed preview on Lam? (Read 20021 times)
higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Re: Ready for Ed preview on Lam?
Reply #175 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 2:44pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 26th, 2021 at 9:52am:
The game was a lot better when people hunted ross, sos, and torque shards. You would still get the shitty loot every pack, just like we do now, so you wouldn't be missing anything to play any build.

What you would not be getting in 10 runs of the newest pack and raid would be the chaser items, you low impulse control having bitch.

I stopped raiding. It was so shitty and demoralising week after week chasing those items. I did get ESoS in the end, from a shard on a random pickup raid but that was the only one of the "chase" items.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

mr420247
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #176 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Why the hell does Slard still keep defend this garbage

Even til is quitting its so bad

IP Logged

Spandex
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #177 - Jun 26th, 2021 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Gunga wrote on Jun 25th, 2021 at 7:19pm:
Meh, it's the end of the world for whiners.

Jumped on Lam, lost 600 HP and 150 pos SP, put a group up and did a couple r10s, one of the new quests.

I hope they tweak the quests a bit harder because r10 felt like r7 dailies.

The whiners want reaper easier, they want to be able to get their reaper points for free, they struggle with r4. Anyway, wasn't reaper meant to be harder now?

IP Logged

Edrein
Abbot Raider

Master of Melee Undead
(Gimps)

Reply #178 - Jun 27th, 2021 at 7:12am
Print Post  
mr420247 wrote on Jun 26th, 2021 at 3:52pm:
Why the hell does Slard still keep defend this garbage

Even til is quitting its so bad

Do you play on Sarlona? Slarden's a real special case, probably on the spectrum.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #179 - Jun 27th, 2021 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jun 26th, 2021 at 2:41pm:
The difference is in EQ you can actually predictably get an item with weeks of farming. You make progress towards it with every hour of grind.

With DDO you ***MIGHT*** get the item with 6 weeks of grinding. Or it might take 10 fucking years. You might get the item in 1 run or 500. There is zero predictability to it.

Agreed.  S/S/S was a mess because of nondeterministic grinds are the worst. 

I don't care if the progress is slow as fuck, but I like progress every quest.   The Shroud was not a fast farm originally (especially when Elite was not ez mode) but it was great.   20th runs and raid runes work for removing un-ending grinds in ways that don't invalidate content (well except for the issue with bypass timers...) 

S/S/S had no way to ever get something if never dropped.   That sucked.  I love chase items.  I'm fine with big grinds that take months to complete.   I don't like when people can have all the loot they want from a pack in a week or a month.   But I'd don't care for infinity as an end point.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #180 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 2:11am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Jun 27th, 2021 at 11:26pm:
Agreed.  S/S/S was a mess because of nondeterministic grinds are the worst.

They should be. There needs to be items with chance drops to occupy even the biggest grinders. That doesn't mean there cannot be other lengthy grinds. I would place something like the old s/s/s system once we hit a definitive level cap. It would not be one of every item possible. And they would not invalidate every other weapon in the entire fighting style like esos did. They will not have set bonuses.

An example here using today's loot would be : a great club with a +1 multiplier on 19-20, 8W, vacuum, and metaline. That would be enough to even make a great club build, and it would be near or above some of the falchion, axe, maul, and greatsword builds on specific set ups.

We had a few other loot systems that were really well done like the old ToD items. That system should be used more liberally but not a direct copy. The spectrum can vary from specifics like level of class and enhancement capstone, to items with religious and wilderness lore for bonuses like they make now. That can be used to both keep the items interesting, and powerful, while making sure that they are specifically targeted, and narrower in scope.

An example here would be an undead healing item for level 20 wizards in lich form. Give it a slightly higher void lore, void critical damage, quality and insightful lore power than what is available. If you get it congratz you have a great item on your Pale Master. If you don't get it you have a great PM anyway.   

It wouldn't change anything about how we receive and farm loot now. And it rewards people who play constantly with a scratch off.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mattyo
Dragon Raider

Rum & Coke. DO IT!

Reply #181 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 5:45pm
Print Post  
I guess I get that long grinds for ultra rare items are something to do once you’ve done it all.  I still have like 30ish reaper points to get before I’m at that point but there are many days that I just log off cause there ain’t shit going on. Also the fact that this item wouldn’t be the cornerstone of the build makes it more appealing as well.   But to put time-sinks into a game to make up for stagnation, poor design, or to buy time to release more content is what I am against to put it more clearly for all those who like to fascinate about cocksucking.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #182 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
Don’t stop.  There’s a lot of ground to cover.

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2021 at 5:42am by Count Dante »  

Grand wrote on Mar 11th, 2017 at 12:08am:
I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #183 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Jun 28th, 2021 at 7:29pm:
Your inability to process the factors that prove this statement to show exactly why this is an issues sums up why you're always licking my taint.

Idiot.

Keep crying you cunt. Waaa, my game is hard.

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #184 - Jun 28th, 2021 at 10:30pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jun 28th, 2021 at 2:11am:
They should be. There needs to be items with chance drops to occupy even the biggest grinders. That doesn't mean there cannot be other lengthy grinds. I would place something like the old s/s/s system once we hit a definitive level cap. It would not be one of every item possible. And they would not invalidate every other weapon in the entire fighting style like esos did. They will not have set bonuses.

An example here using today's loot would be : a great club with a +1 multiplier on 19-20, 8W, vacuum, and metaline. That would be enough to even make a great club build, and it would be near or above some of the falchion, axe, maul, and greatsword builds on specific set ups.

We had a few other loot systems that were really well done like the old ToD items. That system should be used more liberally but not a direct copy. The spectrum can vary from specifics like level of class and enhancement capstone, to items with religious and wilderness lore for bonuses like they make now. That can be used to both keep the items interesting, and powerful, while making sure that they are specifically targeted, and narrower in scope.

An example here would be an undead healing item for level 20 wizards in lich form. Give it a slightly higher void lore, void critical damage, quality and insightful lore power than what is available. If you get it congratz you have a great item on your Pale Master. If you don't get it you have a great PM anyway.   

It wouldn't change anything about how we receive and farm loot now. And it rewards people who play constantly with a scratch off.

I hear you.  eROSS is a good example of a non-essential case item that can occupy the most grindy among us.   I kind of think cosmetics can work, though, without requiring actually useful loot.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #185 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 11:12am
Print Post  
Partial list of vaulties who made Grand chone and cry home to mama like a little bitch:

Epoch
Gunga
eighnuss
Rubbins
KNN
Unknown
Better off forgotten (you never forget your first)
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2021 at 5:41am by Count Dante »  

I'm a big believer in the old adage saw that you should never make a bet you can't afford to lose!

Welcher.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #186 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 11:12am:
You're easier than your mother.  She the one that taught you how to give Sev and his shit ideas rim jobs?

Bitch, my mom fucks all y'all.

Let me know if you need lessons on how to play DDO, I got you.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #187 - Jun 29th, 2021 at 7:24pm
Print Post  
Grand?  That guy’s as dumb as a box of Trumps.
« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2021 at 5:41am by Count Dante »  

Welcher.

IP Logged

Rickyretardo
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #188 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Can´t you guys just forget your penis envy, sexual dysfunctions and your Down Syndrome diagnose and get along? Lets build Rainbow-pride bridges instead? Kumbaya, my lord.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/525151-made-a-Pride-Rainbow-Bridge-wit...

IP Logged

Notanarc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #189 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 5:44am
Print Post  
Rickyretardo wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 12:34am:
Can´t you guys just forget your penis envy, sexual dysfunctions and your Down Syndrome diagnose and get along? Lets build Rainbow-pride bridges instead? Kumbaya, my lord.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/525151-made-a-Pride-Rainbow-Bridge-wit...

Geez, thats gay.

IP Logged

Dragonborn
Shroud Slacker

Savaging the masses...
one dumbfuck at a time

Reply #190 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 9:30am
Print Post  
about the only use I can think of for the literal hundreds of those lame fucking hands I got from DD rolls! ROFLMFAO!

noamineo wrote on Dec 24th, 2021 at 12:04pm:
Sadly only scammers are "selling" boxes now. But if you do want to get scammed, I know a guy.

OSeanessy wrote on Dec 26th, 2021 at 6:03am:
Just for the record, I bought ten stones from Dragonborn a few days back. Fair and civil trade which went smoothly

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #191 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 1:41pm
Print Post  
Notanarc wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 5:44am:
Geez, thats gay.

Very.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #192 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 4:58pm
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Jun 29th, 2021 at 7:24pm:
He holds the hoop up and loudly announces: "Only an idiot will jump through this."

Meanwhile Gunga brags:  "Watch how high I can jump with a running start."

As my nuts smack you dead in the mouth while I clear the loop, you wonder who the idiot is.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Count Dante
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #193 - Jun 30th, 2021 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Have you found the secret message yet?

« Last Edit: Sep 10th, 2021 at 5:39am by Count Dante »  

Welcher.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #194 - Jul 1st, 2021 at 7:31am
Print Post  
Count Dante wrote on Jun 30th, 2021 at 6:56pm:
Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Fat, stupid fish in a tiny little barrel.

You have a pube on your lip.

Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 
Send TopicPrint