Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) 13/6/1 Artificer Repeater (Read 13686 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: 13/6/1 Artificer Repeater
Reply #25 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Quote:
8 arti/6 fighter/6 ranger combination (tentative); ditching Horizon Walker in favor of DWS?

Expanded Clip requires 12 levels of artificer.

As for DWS, Vinci and I tested that as the first draft of the repeater build going 13art/6rgr, and it was behind the Kensei split.

Going to HW saves AP over DWS, even if only going for 34 ap in DWS you net 1 ap from HW. 22 rp beats 10 doubleshot on repeater.

Misty step every 12 seconds is annoying but the key is to put zero ranks into tumble and use tumble hopping to get the 32 rp. There is also the shadow imbue from Fey tree for 35+ USP for Primal Mantle which is a cute bonus. Getting fuse + 10dshot from BE is 27 AP and the 28th point grabs the core for another 8 usp and +1 enchantment.

Quote:
What is the benefit of 13 arti?

An additional spell getting forcefield + tenser so you dont have to scroll every minute, or planar weapons for all alignment DR breaking if needed. Evasion is good enough on its own, and HW offers Improved Evasion clicky if really needed against something. Barb run speed is better for me than improved evasion.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

iGouger
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Jun 8th, 2022 at 5:11pm
Print Post  
Oh wow, I had no idea Extended Clip was even a thing, lol. Just goes to show how little I know about the epic game these days. Scratch what I said, then; if extended clip requires 12 arti, then there's not much flexibility there. I was operating under the assumption that we could go 6 fighter (for +1 crit), 6 ranger (for DWS goodies), and 8 arti. But forced 12 arti renders that impossible.

Also didn't realize that the "tumble hop" trick was a thing either. Thought you had to actually tumble or use Misty Step, but I haven't tested this since I haven't purchased HW.

I still feel DWS is better for heroics (the side of the game that I know a lot better), but it's interesting to hear about how things work differently post 20.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 10:42am
Print Post  
The backflip animation is very short if you max out tumble.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jun 9th, 2022 at 6:32pm
Print Post  
Quote:
"tumble hop"

Here is what that looks like

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Jun 28th, 2022 at 6:45am
Print Post  
Gear set update for Isle of Dread. Things may change depending on what the raid actually gives us when it's released, and when they fix cannith crafting.

Set 1 : Raven + Windlasher, Dread Curse, Winter 2 pc, 3d6 sneak augments.

3d6 sneak set

Helm - Sharn seeker/ins dshot/accuracy/q deadly/ 2 slots
Armor - Velah/ 2 slots
ring Legendary Lionheart Ring ins con/action boosts/ins bypass/summer set/1 slot

Raven + Windlasher Set
3 artifact damage/sneak damage/seeker
15 rp + dshot

Eyes - Raven Sight ins wis 6/ts/2 slots
Boots - Legendary Dustless Boots ins deception/assassinate/speed/2 slots
Trinket - gem of facets might + windlasher sets CCrafted doubleshot/parry/ins accuracy/1 slot

Winter Set
30 prr

belt direwolf belt deception/ins seeker/shield/winter set/1 slot
bracer Legendary Cold Iron Bracers vitality/q false life/protection/ghostly/winter set/1 slot

cloak hunter q seeker/q deception/fury/2 slots

Dread Curse Set

gloves ( dino + artifact option )
Scale: Intelligence      +14 Enhancement bonus to Intelligence.
Fang: Healing Amplification      +56 Competence bonus to Positive Healing Amplification.
Claw: 35 prr or mrr, or blank
Horn: Armor Piercing      +21% Enhancement bonus to Fortification Bypass
3 slots

Neck - Pendant of Sea
Insightful Resonance +74
Insightful Magnetism +74
Insightful Glaciation +74
Isle of Dread: Fang Slot (Accessory): deadly 11
Green Augment Slot: Empty
Colorless Augment Slot: Empty
The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse

Ring #1 - Ring of Sea
Resonance +149
Magnetism +149
Glaciation +149
Isle of Dread: Claw Slot (Accessory): pr or mrr 35 or empty
Green Augment Slot: Empty
Colorless Augment Slot: Empty
The Legendary Dread Isle's Curse

Dino Rune arm
armor scale Goldscale      +150% Enhancement bonus to Fortification.
armor fang Goldfang      +2d6 Profane bonus to your Sneak Attack Dice.
weapon scale Iridescent Scale      +102 Enhancement bonus to all Spellpowers. ( mainly for free devotion slot )
Icefang      Adds Chaotic alignment bypass. Your attacks and spells have a chance to inflict ten stacks of Cold damage over time. ( idk if this works on rune arm for main hand because the DR bypass definitely was not working on lama )
2 slots

Dino lxbow
Icescale      Adds Cold Iron material type. On hit: 15d6 Cold Damage.
Meltfang      Adds Evil alignment bypass. Your attacks and spells deal a large amount of stacking Acid damage over time.
Brightclaw      +2 Exceptional bonus to Intelligence.
Sparkhorn      Your attacks and offensive spells have a chance to inflict multiple stacks of Vulnerability.
2 slots

Set 2 designed by Symb features only a single set gem.

Set 2 : Vulkoor Might, Dread Curse, Kundarak Delving, 15 RP set augments.

• Goggles: 🟥 Legendary Kundarak Delving Goggles: (Eversight/Disable Device 21/Open Lock 21/Search 21/Spot 21)
• Helm: 1️⃣ Helm of the Final Watcher: (Seeker 13/Quality Deadly 3/Accuracy 21/Insightful Doubleshot +4%)
• Necklace: ⬜ Legendary Pendant of the Sea: (Insightful Resonance +74/Insightful Magnetism +74/Insightful Glaciation +74)

Fang - Deadly +11

• Trinket: 🟥 Legendary Gem of Many Facets: (Electric Absorption +35%/Insightful Seeker 6/Acid Absorption +35%)
• Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter: (Relentless Fury/Exceptional Healing Amplification +14/Quality Deception 2/Quality Seeker 3)
• Belt: 1️⃣ Legendary Belt of the Ram: (Constitution 13/Speed +30%/Quality Strength 3/Ram's Might)
• Ring: ⬜ Legendary Ring of the Sea: (Resonance +149/Magnetism +149/Glaciation +149)

Claw - PRR +35

• Gloves: 🟩 Legendary Gloves of the Claw: (Strength 13/Intimidate 20/Healing Amplification 54/Natural Armor Bonus 13)
• Boots: 🟥 Legendary Kundarak Delving Boots: (Freedom of Movement/Speed +30%/Dexterity 14/Exceptional Nimble Skills Bonus +10)
• Ring 2: ⬜ Dinosaur Bone Ring:

Scale - Intelligence +14
Fang - Deception +11
Claw - MRR +35
Horn - Armor-Piercing +21%

• Bracers: 🟩 Legendary Bracers of the Claw: (Insightful Constitution 6/Fortification +146%/Parrying 6/False Life +51)
• Armor: 1️⃣ Legendary Red Dragonhide Armor: (+15 Enhancement Bonus/Dripping with Magma/Fire Lore +22%/Combustion +151/Fire Resistance +54/Fire Guard X/Incineration Guard)
• Weapon: ⬜ Attuned Bone Heavy Repeater: (+15 Enhancement Bonus;

Scale - Icescale (Cold Iron, +15d6 cold damage)
Fang - Meltfang (Evil, Alchemical Acid Attunement)
Claw - Brightclaw (+2 Exceptional Intelligence)
Horn - Sparkhorn (LGS Vacuum)

• Weapon 2: ⬜ Attuned Bone Runearm: (+15 Enhancement Bonus;

Scale - Bronzescale You have Deathblock and are Ghostly.
Fang - Goldfang (+2d6 Sneak Dice)
Scale - Iridescent Scale (Potency +102)
Fang - Icefang (Chaotic, Alchemical Ice Attunement)

1️⃣ Dusk Raider (+15 RP)
🟥 Kundarak Delving Equipment (+3d6 sneak dice, +15% helpless, +15% doubleshot)
🟩 Vulkoor's Might (+3 hit and damage, +3 sneak, +3 seeker, +20% threat)
⬜ Dread Isle's Curse (+30 PRR, +15 RP, +25 SP, +2 DCs, +2 stats, +3 hit and damage)

Differences between sets are :

Set 1 has more bypass, higher insightful deception since set 2 uses quiver for it. More action boosts, insightful accuracy, and 30 artifact prr.

Set 2 has higher deception +11 vs +10, 15% helpless, full time FoM, Ram's Might, Acid and Electric Absorb.
« Last Edit: Jun 28th, 2022 at 6:47am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 2:34pm
Print Post  
The Imbue pass for U57 was a boost for a lot of ranged builds. Repeaters are among the winners. Even pure 20 repeater has an option to use 1d6 electric spell scaling dice. Access to AA via any elf race for the imbue dice.

The kensei splash becomes obsolete due to wizard levels getting full 1d8 spell scaling ek dice. Rogue levels for another easy 3 dice, 12 arty for expanded clip. 12a/6wiz/2ro

Feats :  

Class AP :

Vinci's gear set :

Googles: Legendary Lenses of the Dark Depths (Ins Dodge, UMD, Blindness Immunity) Profane Experiment 1
Helm: Watcher helm (Ins DS, Accuracy, Q Deadly, Seeker) Perfect Silence 1
Neck: Legendary Pendant of the Sea (Insight Ice/Elec, Deception) Curse 1
Trinket: Legendary Hurricane Insignia (Speed) Temple Tempest 1
Cloak: Cloak of the Hunter (Relentless Fury, Exc Healing Amp, Q Deception, Q Seeker 3)
Belt: Legendary Belt of the Ram (Ram's Might, Con, Speed) Perfect Silence 2
Gloves: Dinosaur Bone Gloves (Int 15, Deadly, Armor Piercing) Curse 2
Boots: Legendary Spectre Boots (Doubleshot, Ghostly) Profane Experiment 2
Bracers: Legendary Sunken Chains (Insight Seeker, Q Int +3) Perfect Silence 3
Ring: Legendary Signet Ring of the Sea (Resonation 149, Magnetism 149) Curse 3
Ring: Legendary The Earth and the Sky (Insight PRR) Temple Tempest 2
Armor: Legendary Researcher's Leathers (Healing Amp, Fort, PRR, False Life) Profane Experiment 3
Weapon: Attuned Bone Heavy Repeating Crossbow (Icescale, Meltfang, +2 Exc Int, Ash) Curse 4
Rune Arm: Attuned Rune Arm (Iridescent Scale, 3% DS, Goldfang, Flamefang) Curse 5
Quiver: Epic Quiver of Alacrity (Insight Deception)
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2022 at 2:42pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 2:41pm
Print Post  
ED AP :

Using Smites to proc consecrated ground's 10% damage and comboing with SD's Dark Imbue epic strike because hunt's end is still shitty on repeaters. 24d6 law dice at 200% rp isn't bad, it's a few thousand dps. Primal Mantle for the imbue dice and mantle procs.

Can always fall back on shiradi tier 5 instead of DC, and then replace primal avatar with draconic. Need lama up to test this more.

IP Logged

Gunga
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Fuck You.

Reply #32 - Nov 17th, 2022 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
bruh

Smrti wrote on Mar 22nd, 2013 at 3:00pm:
Gunga is the best.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 9:32am
Print Post  
Would a drow version of this combined with the other build you posted be worth looking at?

You get 2 imbue dice from Drow, the 22 points you put in AA you could put in Inquis for 3 dice so you'd be at 1 imbue dice less overall but would the other benefits make up for it?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
Binkey wrote on Nov 18th, 2022 at 9:32am:
the 22 points you put in AA you could put in Inquis for 3 dice

drow sort of works. Only a bit weaker. You have to spend 23 ap into inquis for the 3 dice, so you have to give up an AP from that set up. Most likely EK core 3. You lose out on the spellpower from ek core and 4 tiers of aa. So youre down 40~ usp. And you would have to slot an implement augment into your weapon.

IP Logged

Binkey
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Yeah, you're right. I've can't see anything better. I think it just bugs me that the 22AP in AA is giving nothing really interesting apart from the imbue die and USP.

IP Logged

Shunned
DQ Assaulter

Hi! You have multiple
personality disorder.

Reply #36 - Nov 18th, 2022 at 9:39pm
Print Post  
I wish AA was better, too.  But Rusty Steelstar hates racial access to AA, so if AA ever gets buffed/redone he'll prob use it as an excuse to kill racial access.  Because it'll be too stronk, you know.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - Nov 19th, 2022 at 7:55am
Print Post  
Update for filigree set up. Leaning on this filigree set up for both xbow builds posted.

artifact : spines raid 10rp/electrocution 9 electric power/shattered device 5rp/long shadow 5rp

weapon :

spines raid 10rp
set : 2 dmg
total : 20 rp/2dmg

long atk/dmg
long 5rp
set : 5rp/2 dice
total : 15rp/1 dmg/2 dice

electrocution 9 electric power
nystul-electrocution 10mrr
set : 50 electric power/2 dice
total : 68 electric/2 dice

reverberation 10 universal sp
reverberation 4 usp
set : 2 dice
total : 14usp/9 sonic power/2 dice

shattered 5rp
shattered atk/dmg
shatter armor piercing
set : 3dmg/3dshot/10 prr-mrr debuff
total : 10rp/4 dmg/ 3 dshot/ -10 prr-mrr proc

That adjusts the total dice to +4 on both builds.

Imbue breakdown :
4 BE ap
2 Wizard levels
3 Assassin ap
6 AA ap
3 Primal ap
1 Hunt augment
1 Offhand feat
1 Imbue feat
3 Scion feat
2 Harbinger feat
3 gear set
6 filigree
2 elemental weapon spell
= total 37 dice

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Nov 19th, 2022 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
After dwelling on this build idea and trying to flesh it out I think the pure 20 artificer came out ahead for U57. The utility in being able to take multiple + a mass radiant forcefield was always a reason no one really rolled this version much. But now with imbue changes, the pure version just gained a lot of dps that puts it either very close or even ahead of this split.

Both builds are now going 30+ ap into the BE tree, so they're not doing anything really that different now. It comes down to 33! 1d6 vs 37~ 1d8 spell scaling dice for EK splashed version, and pure 20 gets the crit multi. Spell power is similar for both builds. EK has the advantage of changing elements for specific vulnerabilities, like cold in THTH. But that isn't huge.

How would pure look? Elf race for aa. Same gear and filigree. Similar feats. AP would look different for capstone.

41 BE
22 AA
7 Inquis
6 Harper
1 Fey
1 Arc

3 spare ap

4 BE ap
6 AA ap
1 inquis ap
3 draconic/primal
1 Hunt augment
1 Offhand feat
1 Imbue feat
3 Scion feat
2 Harbinger feat
3 gear set
6 filigree
2 elemental weapon spell
= total 33 dice

« Last Edit: Nov 19th, 2022 at 12:15pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint