Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Update 12 (Read 38555 times)
aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Re: Update 12
Reply #50 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:33am
Print Post  
Wall of Text incoming.

Quote:
Overpowered = stupid to not do/have it. Everything I've seen so far fits this.

Not sure if this place or the other is the right one to discuss if changes are OP or not. I'll settle for here.

Let's go through the list with a emphasis on stupid not to have it, on a scale from 1 (item sucks anyway) to 5 (I AM STUPID NOT TO HAVE IT). Note: I have no expertise in playing casters. My thoughts on caster items may be off the grid. Some items are not covered because of that.

Breeze. Making a Dex-based Qstaff toon is still not great. Competes (iirc) only with Epic Staff of Nat Gann, which is still better from a DPS perspective. Breeze emphasises on the CC part, both weapons are useful. 3 points.

Quiver of Alacrity. 30% striding on an otherwise not used slot? I AM STUPID NOT TO HAVE IT. 5 points. (Before upgrade 4 points for Archers, 1 point for non-Archers.)

Enduring Conviction. A Longsword. The only Slashing Banishing weapon available. Now with more Outsider Bane. Great for Devil/Demon Trash. Not a Boss Beater. Probably better than a Lit2 against selected foes. Worth the effort? Questionable.
2 points due to small margin of usefulness.

Unwavering Ardency. A +3 CC Bow. Now with more CC. Doesn't change the fact that there are a lot of Bows which provide more damage, and can bypass boss DR, if needed. Nice, but not essential for any character. 2 points.

Noxious Embers: Unsure what the update does. The item already has Greater Arcane lore. Redundant with the Cove Dagger. 1-2 if only charges are upgraded. 5 if Superior Arcane Lore.

Litany of the Dead: The Update is a mere convenience. The item was the main reason to run Abbot in the first place. 5 points; without the update: 4 points.

Wretched Twilight: The SA upgrade makes it an alternative to Tharnes, but the other parts are just too special to make it a generally wanted item. 3 points.

Deific Diadem: More charges for a Meta-Clickie. Nice. More than nice? Idk. 2 points?

Staff of the Petitioner: -

Vile Blasphemy: SP clickies are always nice, regardless of number of charges. 5 points, regardless of number of charges.

Circle of Hatred: If it's really +30%, and not +20%, then it's a 5, indeed.
Note that the post states that the incite goes up from 20% to 30%, but the item does not have +20% in the first place. If it's 20%, it's a decent item, with good bonuses, but which can be replaced by a lot of other items. 3 points in this case.

Shroud of the Abbot: Lesser Arcane Augmentation is nice, but Armor Slot has a lot of competition, and is worse than what is granted by the Epic Staff of Arcane Power.

Purging the Pantheon. A heavy fort belt, which is nice on its own. Is the clicky useful? 2-3 points.

Reaver's items:

Amulet of the Stormreaver: Silly before, marginally Useful now. If the character has enough room to make the necklace slot a swappable one, the item has its uses. 3 points.

Cloudburst: A Lit2 Greatsword. 2 points.

Dreamspitter: A Qstaff. Even with the force burst added, there are better Qstaffs around for those who like to fight with it. For casters, the upgrade is irrelevant.
3 points.

Gauntlets of Eternity: Sup Devotion IV is redundant to Sup Potency IV, which can be found on many items, on many different slots. Healing Lore is nice, but you can't rely on the crits to proc for reliable healing.
Gloves slot competes with the Gloves of the Glacier. 2 Points.

Head of Good Fortune: Huge boost. HFort makes the item suddenly more interesting to fleshies, +2 dodge has its uses. Competes with the Gem of Many Facets and The Blood Stone. 3 points.

Madstone Boots
Before the update: 5 points.
After the update: 4.5 points.
With the running enhanced, I can't tell if I'm wearing them by looking at my speed. Few characters will wear them 24/7, so both of the non Madstone Rage bonuses are rather irrelevant, especially the Potency.

Madstone Shield
Before the Update: 4 points.
After the Update: 4 points.
The shield is a great item for characters who want to use it as a situational damage mitigation method, i.e. when blocking. For offensive uses, there are better (tower) shields. To me, the upgrade is completely irrelevant.

Ring of Lies: Improved Deception on a Ring is a unique thing. But is it needed for characters who rely on sneak attacks? +1 Cha is nice, but not essential. There are more important things to slot in the ring slots. 2 points.

Napkin: Before Update: 4 points. After update: 5 points. A useful caster item has been made even more useful. Spell Pen on the Cloak slot is nice.

Tenderizer: Extra Damage. Still the only named +10 Stunning item. 3-4 points.

Treason: Before the upgrade, it's vendor trash. After the upgrade, it still competes with too many other off-hand weapons. 4 points.

Bracers: 5 points before due to stacking DD bonus, which is further enhanced, i.e. still 5 points.

Thoughts?

TL; DR: No item got worse. Many of them are more interesting now due to unique bonuses. No item looks like being vastly OP.
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:34am by aDifferentHandle »  

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #51 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:34am
Print Post  
I'm loving a lot of this, looks compelling enough to actually pursue.

IP Logged

aDifferentHandle
Abbot Raider

omg, that's the funky
shit

Reply #52 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:35am
Print Post  
popejubal wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:33am:
Thank you for the link.  I logged on to Argonessen and bought up all the super cheap junk scrolls.  Didn't even care what pack they were from (most were from VoN).

Looking forward to a few nice epic items after U12.  Smiley

It looks like the trading mechanism is limited to sands items only.

That's not opinion, that's science. And science is one cold hearted bitch with a 14 inch strap on.

IP Logged

Coldflame
Korthos Resident

Reply #53 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:51am
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 11:51pm:
Abbot and GH raid items are upgradable as well.

http://forums.ddo.com/showthread.php?t=347010

Oh sweet jeebus that's nice! Smiley

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:08am
Print Post  
Anyone know if upgrading the GH/Abbot items changes the ML?

Also, do we have any idea on the time frame for U12 yet?

I'm approaching a 20th Reaver on a toon I'll be TR'ing and thinking seriously about waiting to see how this pans out.  Especially interesting would be the Spell Pen on the napkin before TR'ing if the ML doesn't change.

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #55 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:11am
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:08am:
Anyone know if upgrading the GH/Abbot items changes the ML?

Also, do we have any idea on the time frame for U12 yet?

I'm approaching a 20th Reaver on a toon I'll be TR'ing and thinking seriously about waiting to see how this pans out.  Especially interesting would be the Spell Pen on the napkin before TR'ing if the ML doesn't change.

There were very few high level toons on Lam since it was wiped and Character Copy was not reset. 

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #56 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:19am
Print Post  
aDifferentHandle wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 10:35am:
It looks like the trading mechanism is limited to sands items only.

WTF did they do scrolls?  Scrolls were not the problem with crafting epic items because they were unbound.  Seals and Shards are the hold up.  Besides a few items (Mari Chain, Torc, Chaos Blade, SoS) is there really a challenge in getting a scroll when you need it?  Claw set, abashai set scrolls are readily available, even if a bit pricy. 

I'd rather see a seal/shard trade in.  These guys always fix the wrong thing.  Ugh.

IP Logged

Siver
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:25am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:19am:
WTF did they do scrolls?  Scrolls were not the problem with crafting epic items because they were unbound.  Seals and Shards are the hold up.  Besides a few items (Mari Chain, Torc, Chaos Blade, SoS) is there really a challenge in getting a scroll when you need it?  Claw set, abashai set scrolls are readily available, even if a bit pricy. 

I'd rather see a seal/shard trade in.  These guys always fix the wrong thing.  Ugh.

That depends. If this is a test of the mechanics of a new system, then using it with scrolls is the right way to do it. After all, it is a lot easier to dump a few million scrolls on the auction house than it is to spawn a few dozen seals or shards in each tester's inventory (Oops! I don't have enough space!) so they can play around with it.

It's also possible that they think there's no real problem with the difficulty of getting the epic items, and are just saying, in as nice a way as possible, "go to hell you lazy noobs!"

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:19am:
Besides a few items (Mari Chain, Torc, Chaos Blade, SoS)

This only works for Sands items.  Like, you know, three out of the four items you just listed.

IP Logged

TWDiggs
Mr. Infraction

Reply #59 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:01pm
Print Post  
Eladiun wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 8:07am:
I personally like the Epic Velah beater.

I drooled a little. Grin

stainer wrote on Oct 5th, 2011 at 1:29pm:
Everyday that you aren't banned, is a borrowed day.

Grace wrote on Dec 2nd, 2012 at 8:31pm:
Well, you're a godless heathen, anyway. I would totally wear my rape whistle around you.
YIM  
IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #60 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Heeeeeeey abbot staff getting sup pot 6 is snazzy! Now I don't have to worry about it on my clonk.

IP Logged

Fuck Off
The Big Fuck

My favorite word is Fuck.
Fuck, fuck, fuck.

Reply #61 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
I think some of those items needed to be looked at anyway. 

Some were nice on their own, some were useful leveling but were going to be replaced with a epic item at cap.

I like the changes so far, makes them more interesting and I'll give them some consideration.

I hope the stuff I already have gets the changes.  Even if the stuff I have doesn't get a change, I won't care anyway since the changes

Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.  - Albert Einstein

IP Logged

Eladiun
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Two Time Loser

Reply #62 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
Fuck Off wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:26pm:
I think some of those items needed to be looked at anyway. 

Some were nice on their own, some were useful leveling but were going to be replaced with a epic item at cap.

I like the changes so far, makes them more interesting and I'll give them some consideration.

I hope the stuff I already have gets the changes.  Even if the stuff I have doesn't get a change, I won't care anyway since the changes

At minimum it gives me a reason to run the Beaver Raid again.

Nevynn wrote on Nov 18th, 2010 at 11:38pm:
Anybody coming to this board expecting anything more sophisticated than a dick joke had better get used to disappointment.

Calvet wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:18pm:
I just got that impression after you spent 13 pages calling out eladiun for being an interwebs bully when anyone who's been posting on here already knew that.  I mean, he's proud of it and hardly tries to hide that at all.

Quote:
Eladiun is an awful person

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:46pm
Print Post  
Superior Potency VI?  Now I'm definitely getting my wizard some madstone boots.

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #64 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:26pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:46pm:
Superior Potency VI?  Now I'm definitely getting my wizard some madstone boots. 

As ineffectively as you cast spells in that VoD run the other night, I thought you were madstoned. Tongue

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
kmack can drive the tractor.
The Vault donates to charity.
JDollar wrote on Apr 25th, 2013 at 4:47pm:
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:26pm:
As ineffectively as you cast spells in that VoD run the other night, I thought you were madstoned. Tongue

I was!  In the two word sense.  Tongue

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #66 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:30pm:
I was!  In the two word sense.  Tongue 

Hahahaha...

Mellow dude

Nilazgrc: For all those familiar with loreseekers/sentinels.... Dont run with Stainer.... Guy is a tool. Black list his toons.
Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:33pm:
Hahahaha...

Mellow dude

Also, the tank would have died like seventeen times if I had left you reconstructing.  If I wanted any lip from you, I'd have pulled out my balls.   Wink

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #68 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:34pm:
Also, the tank would have died like seventeen times if I had left you reconstructing.  If I wanted any lip from you, I'd have pulled out my balls.   Wink

If you would have noticed, my fucking guild leader was trying to dance me, as well as sending me tells about the crap play of the other wizzie we took. Oh.

BOYAH
« Last Edit: Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:39pm by stainer »  

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:38pm:
If you would have noticed, my fucking guild leader was trying to dance me, as well as sending me tells about the crap play of the other wizzie we took. Oh.

BOYAH

No!  My feelers! 

Damn you, stainer!  DAMN YOU!  Now I have to go ragedelete all of my toons on Khyber and move to that magical land where no one is mean or competent: Sarlona.  Just when I'd finally found friends!  *sniff*

IP Logged

stainer
Arkat's Bitch

Gawna's big sexy crony!

Reply #70 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Oakianus wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:51pm:
No!  My feelers! 

Damn you, stainer!  DAMN YOU!  Now I have to go ragedelete all of my toons on Khyber and move to that magical land where no one is mean or competent: Sarlona.  Just when I'd finally found friends!  *sniff*

Lol!

I think the tank did nearly bite it a couple of times because I was laughing and wasn't paying attention.

Stainer likes tractors

IP Logged

Oakianus
Troleplayer

I Really Do Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:59pm
Print Post  
stainer wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:54pm:
Lol!

I think the tank did nearly bite it a couple of times because I was laughing and wasn't paying attention.

It's all right, remember?  Two half wizards equal one competent wizard.  Take that, Grace!  Your multiplicative fractional wizard theory is obviously crap, or we'd never have completed!  MUAHAHAHAHA

...either that or a quarter of a wizard is enough to do nothing but Recon a tank.  That might be true, too.  Sad

IP Logged

Nexx
Dragon Raider

Shhhh...

Reply #72 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Hoblish wrote on Oct 19th, 2011 at 7:10pm:
They've added Plat Sharing to the shared bank now as well

Shared Bank
Platinum Sharing

Freely deposit and withdraw your platinum at the bank! Platinum Sharing (free for VIPs) allows you to use the bank to share platinum between all of your characters on a given server and allows you to have up to 50,000 platinum deposited at a time. Platinum Sharing is an account wide upgrade.
195 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 1
ncreases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 50,000 to 100,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 2
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 100,000 to 250,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 3
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 250,000 to 500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 4
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 500,000 to 1,000,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

Platinum Sharing Upgrade 5
Increases your bank's platinum sharing capacity from 1,000,000 to 2,500,000 platinum. You must have the Platinum Sharing feature to use this upgrade.
95 TP

I was hoping they'd add this into the game.  Really sucks sending 9999 plat at a time through the mail.  Sad

IP Logged

Bandyman1
Waterworks Kobold

Arkat is a fucking douche!

Reply #73 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Nexx wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 2:04pm:
I was hoping they'd add this into the game.  Really sucks sending 9999 plat at a time through the mail.  Sad

/signed

IP Logged

Blank_Zero
Ex Member

Reply #74 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Nexx wrote on Oct 20th, 2011 at 2:04pm:

/wave

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
Send TopicPrint