Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Feather of Sun Logic (Read 38299 times)
Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Feather of Sun Logic
Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:

You gotta love it.

We've screwed this up so bad, no one really understands it so we're going to leave it that way so that we don't make it worse.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:29pm by Vexation »  

IP Logged

rev Jim
American Azog

I GOT VEINS

Re: Feather of Sun Logic
Reply #1 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
it's because he is afraid this will happen:

« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:34pm by rev Jim »  

Quote:
Rev. Jim.
He is the only guy here that posts quality, you should all learn from him.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #2 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:40pm
Print Post  
Well he's a dumb fuck. BTC challenge ingredients and random rewards for those bound ingredients are  incontrovertible evidence of that.

Also the loot in the raid.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #3 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:28pm:
You gotta love it.

We've screwed this up so bad, no one really understands it so we're going to leave it that way so that we don't make it worse.

Borrowing this.

IP Logged

Rodrak
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
In another thread he is "mythbusting" about loot tables working properly yet I'm not so sure he is right... His evidence is a screenshot of ml:25 item from live server but... let's just say that generic loot tables were increased up to level 31 (that's true) but there's also a couple of files with "progression" -> a simple list pointing the right treasure table entry for level 1-40. It's filled with proper treasure tables for level 1-23 and all above filled with level 23. You'd think it should be now 1-31 and 31 for all above? I can imagine the progression lists aren't used anymore (and the files are just obsolete and will be gone in some later expansion) and they are accessing treasure tables directly from some script or whatever, but knowing turbine's past record, it might be simply broken. Especially when the ml:25 item could have been taken from class specific end rewards. These were updated for levels 1-25 except for 2 "useless" classes that will get only up to level 23: cleric and favored soul Tongue So while he might be right and everything is perfectly fine, somehow I don't believe it at all.

IP Logged

Bahgoon
Stormreaver Piker

Get off my lawn!

Reply #5 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
From FoS' post . . .

Quote:
Currently, I am working on the treasure in Update 16 and 17.

Everyone can now start anticipating the treasure in U16 and U17 as being FUBAR at release.

Of course, that was always even money or worse odds to begin with but now we have DEV confirmation.

Tongue

The various modes of worship which prevailed in the Roman world were all considered by the people as equally true; by the philosopher as equally false; and by the magistrate as equally useful.   - Edward Gibbon

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #6 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
Good question about CR 30 challenges. If you're using a jewel +2 and do it during a +2 weekend, then you're above the 31 cap. Even farther above it if CR 30 challenges count as Elite dungeons.

IP Logged

Name_Is_Not_Allowed
Korthos Resident

Reply #7 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:22pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 12:40pm:
Also the loot in the raid.

One word, Broney [1]. I think it is safe to say that there should be no expectation of "logic" from any adult male that pays homage to My Little Pony, doubly so when it's done at work. This theory brought to you by an adult male that still plays Dungeons and Dragons so take that as you will.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6LVZFLSfw

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #8 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Oooh, I hope it's all randomized.  That makes it more exciting when you actually get something mildly useful.

Something with ponies would be awesome... not.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:24pm by Vexation »  

IP Logged

qwerty1234
Ex Member

Reply #9 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Rodrak wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:04pm:
In another thread he is "mythbusting" about loot tables working properly yet I'm not so sure he is right... His evidence is a screenshot of ml:25 item from live server but... let's just say that generic loot tables were increased up to level 31 (that's true) but there's also a couple of files with "progression" -> a simple list pointing the right treasure table entry for level 1-40. It's filled with proper treasure tables for level 1-23 and all above filled with level 23. You'd think it should be now 1-31 and 31 for all above? I can imagine the progression lists aren't used anymore (and the files are just obsolete and will be gone in some later expansion) and they are accessing treasure tables directly from some script or whatever, but knowing turbine's past record, it might be simply broken. Especially when the ml:25 item could have been taken from class specific end rewards. These were updated for levels 1-25 except for 2 "useless" classes that will get only up to level 23: cleric and favored soul Tongue So while he might be right and everything is perfectly fine, somehow I don't believe it at all.

Every time you post treasure table information, I don't know whether to laugh or cry. Keep it up.  Cheesy

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #10 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:25pm
Print Post  
Name_Is_Not_Allowed wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:22pm:
One word, Broney [1]. I think it is safe to say that there should be no expectation of "logic" from any adult male that pays homage to My Little Pony, doubly so when it's done at work. This theory brought to you by an adult male that still plays Dungeons and Dragons so take that as you will.

[1] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2p6LVZFLSfw

You spelled it wrong. It's Brony.

You must not know who I am  Wink

I think the names of the loot are awesome, it's the stats, and the lack of other types of weapons that are fucking retarded. And forcing you to use said weapons to gain the bonus from the set with the Planar Focus.
« Last Edit: Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:27pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #11 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:25pm:
You spelled it wrong. It's Brony.

You must not know who I am  Wink

He must be confused by you changing back to the bird.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #12 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:28pm
Print Post  
Quote:
He must be confused by you changing back to the bird.

I don't think I've ever had a MLP avatar here.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #13 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
It seems that if the way "Quest End Rewards Based on Class" option currently works or how it is supposed to work is so misunderstood, then changing it couldn't make the way it works LESS well understood.

How does this justify not making improvements or corrections?

"I need to get from Boston to Dallas.  I'm very busy and don't have time to learn to drive, so I will walk there instead."

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Invelios
VoD Slasher

Reply #14 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:28pm:
MLP

My little parakeet?

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #15 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:32pm
Print Post  

Posting history.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #16 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:37pm
Print Post  
Invelios wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:32pm:
My little parakeet?

Imagine Blank's avi here. I don't have time to search for it.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #17 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:32pm:
It seems that if the way "Quest End Rewards Based on Class" option currently works or how it is supposed to work is so misunderstood, then changing it couldn't make the way it works LESS well understood.

How does this justify not making improvements or corrections?

"I need to get from Boston to Dallas.  I'm very busy and don't have time to learn to drive, so I will walk there instead."

Actually the real meaning is:

We do not care to spend any of our precious, precious time fixing something that affects every player of the game because I am having more fun making up new things to torment players with that will be almost something they want, but not quite.  If they really really want it, the drop rate will be set to %.0000001 but we'll post a screenshot so they know it exists.

Rewards restricted to class?  Who cares.  But I'll make it sound like we are doing players a favor by not making any adjustments to it.

I sooooo rock
Cheesy

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #18 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Vexation wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 1:45pm:
Actually the real meaning is:

We do not care to spend any of our precious, precious time fixing something that affects every player of the game because I am having more fun making up new things to torment players with that will be almost something they want, but not quite.  If they really really want it, the drop rate will be set to %.0000001 but we'll post a screenshot so they know it exists.

Rewards restricted to class?  Who cares.  But I'll make it sound like we are doing players a favor by not making any adjustments to it.

I sooooo rock
Cheesy

Pretty much. I picked up a point and post deletion for asking him about the update 16 & 17 loot "will someone who plays the game be reviewing it prior to release?"

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #19 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Pretty much. I picked up a point and post deletion for asking him about the update 16 & 17 loot "will someone who plays the game be reviewing it prior to release?"

Nice! Put it in the infractions forum.

IP Logged

Vexation
Waterworks Kobold

Blah, Blah, Blah...

Reply #20 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:18pm
Print Post  
Quote:

LOL.  He is so sensitive.  I think he has more posts deleted than any dev in the history of DDO.

I laugh when I get an infraction for pissing him off because I know he read it and went crying to Cordovan to remove it. (Cordovan doesn't actually read all the posts- someone has to tell him when something needs moderating.)   

I imagine it makes steam rise up off his head while he curses those of us who do not appreciate his heroic efforts to do whatever he damn well pleases.

IP Logged

Dracosanct
Ex Member

Reply #21 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:08pm:
Nice! Put it in the infractions forum.

If I remember when I get home, I'll throw it up. Too lazy to do it from my phonr.

IP Logged

Azog
Ex Member

Reply #22 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Quote:

LOL & LOL.

IP Logged

ertay
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
mythbusting my ass. if a regular forum member would have posted that the existence of a single item of completely unknown origin is proof that all loottables everywhere are working flawlessly, they would have been torn to pieces.

If a dev does it, people start brownnosing.  Cheesy

IP Logged

Goaticorn
DQ Assaulter

Reply #24 - Aug 7th, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  

You have, Twilight Sparkle Wink

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
Send TopicPrint