Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Pity the new ddo player... (Read 17526 times)
Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Re: Pity the new ddo player...
Reply #25 - Jul 3rd, 2013 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Dammit...I rolled a toon there 1 week too fast

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #26 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:36am
Print Post  
disillusioned by the thoughts of revamping all my characters with the enhancement, the level cap and inevitable regearing of my characters, exhausted by the chronic TRing over the past few years, i excitedly read about the stacking 10% xp bonus on wayfinder until the end of the year.  i am going to take a hiatus there until the expansion comes out.  i rolled a 13 sorc/2 paladin bladesworn...starting at 15 allows me to try and get into eveningstar and EDs (where i'd like to try shiradi and see what the fuss is) quicker and may possibly allow me to do it before expansion comes.  so with enthusiasm i created my air savant, grabbed my Lederhosen, and headed for wayfinder.

it is a veritable wasteland.  there were three LFMs up (all below level 10), there was no one between the levels of 16 and 20 online...i went to the auction house and there were literally no tomes for sale on there.  sheesh, no use daydreaming about the epic elite fancy raid items i was going to get...in the first quest i was basically fighting with my bare hands as i couldn't afford any spell components, so i just spammed my electric loop SLA, used enervate and chopped down anything that survived.  i put a pug up (making a total of four pugs) and joined with some guy who had an identical 13 sorc/2 pal build and did some gianthold...i also got part way towards making my level 16 master artificer ring in an attempt to consolidate stuff (and get some SP!  i have 1400ish with 13 levels of sorc, no tomes and no ship buffs available and a +5 cha item, come on wizardry 6!)  it's bizarre having nothing, but it's also pretty cool knowing that no one else does either.  i guess long term goals will be a) to get my crafting level up to 77 so i can make absorption items and b) to run a raid!

on the whole it is very bizarre
« Last Edit: Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:37am by painkiller »  

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #27 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:48am
Print Post  
I took some guildies from Cannith and started a guild there. 3 Artys and dogs makes waste to most content. But it is a ghost town. Less then 50 people online for the 5 hours of pissing around

IP Logged

NOTpopejubal
Epic Poster

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
If anyone solos through their lives, this might be interesting.  Transfer to Wayfinder for free, get your 3x completionist and then transfer to a real server.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #29 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 11:11am
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 10:47am:
If anyone solos through their lives, this might be interesting.  Transfer to Wayfinder for free, get your 3x completionist and then transfer to a real server.

IF they ever turn character transfer back on

IP Logged

HairyO
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
NOTpopejubal wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 10:47am:

For 10%? Even doing things solo you still probably depend on an economy to buy and sell stuff you need/dont need.

25% maybe. 50% sure.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #31 - Jul 4th, 2013 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
HairyO wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:57pm:
For 10%? Even doing things solo you still probably depend on an economy to buy and sell stuff you need/dont need

Sell things.  That's crazy talk.

You cannot buy DR breakers.  If you want to break DR, you must craft your own.

Deconstruct everything on your first life character to advance your crafting.  You get enough TP from the deconstruction to cover the several stacks of potions you need as you level up.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #32 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:34am
Print Post  
painkiller wrote on Jul 4th, 2013 at 8:36am:
it is a veritable wasteland.  there were three LFMs up (all below level 10), there was no one between the levels of 16 and 20 online..

You haven't seen the European Servers before they closed them...

Consider this :

- We were able to make a raid party with ALL the players of the server at peak time.
Then you can talk about wastelands.
- less than 10 guilds survived the last year in Europe, and only 2 or 3 were able to organize guild raids out of their own members. 

Then you'll be able to talk about wasteland... I don't think Wayfinder is at that stage... Yet...
« Last Edit: Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:36am by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

mystafyi
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:52am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:34am:
Then you'll be able to talk about wasteland... I don't think Wayfinder is at that stage... Yet...

so how low of a population base does an mmo server need to fall before you see the tree's in the forest?

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #34 - Jul 5th, 2013 at 9:54am
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jul 5th, 2013 at 2:34am:
You haven't seen the European Servers before they closed them...

Consider this :

- We were able to make a raid party with ALL the players of the server at peak time.
Then you can talk about wastelands.
- less than 10 guilds survived the last year in Europe, and only 2 or 3 were able to organize guild raids out of their own members. 

Playing at 5-11pm CDT we saw no more than 45 people online. There was only 3 main guilds over 60. A bunch under 20, and only 1 or 2 between 20-60. No players online in the 13-16 range, except a few BF. 3/4 were under level 10 and about 10 TR's.

IP Logged

notajedi
Stormreaver Piker

What idiot puts personal
information here? Gunga

On my sojourns to Wayfinder
Reply #35 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Since Turbine started the new AWARENESS campaign, I have seen anywhere from 2 to 7 LFMs.  Peak time seems to be starting around 1 PM EST.  Yesterday there were 2 LFMs at that time.

NEVER have I seen ANY player on Wayfinder offering to help new players either via LFM or General or Trade chat.  Matter of fact, trade chat is mostly dead.

You would think the players that are there with loot that is sitting in their inventories would be offering to give it away, or buy new players stuff from the Turbine vendors.  I am not seeing it though.  This looks more like a campaign by the Wayfinder players to get more players on their server for their own personal gain.

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #36 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 9:01am
Print Post  
in their defense, a fella bought me some spell components when I was fresh out of the creation forge

IP Logged

OnePercenter
Advocatus Diaboli

Ants Eat Dead Grasshoppers

Reply #37 - Jul 6th, 2013 at 10:47am
Print Post  
I'm normally a Boy Scout kinda of helper in game, and a bit of a DDO Fanboi, but I am really tempted to roll up a 2/13 PallySorc over there just to have fun griefing.  Is that wrong?  Coordinated Vault attack?

Feynman wrote on Jan 20th, 2015 at 4:57pm:
One thing for everyone who is a "skeptic" on this issue: Insurance companies are basing their underwriting on the assumption that it is real. They are refusing to write policies on homes that are likely to be in danger from rising seas 20 years from now, even though the resale rate of the homes is so high that they could keep writing policies for another 10 years and still not have to pay out on 1 policy in 5, but that would be irresponsible. Unethical, as well, but that's never stopped anyone before.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 11th, 2014 at 6:12pm:
It is fairly natural to assume that the fair price for the pot is the fair value of the resources I needed to make the pot plus the fair value of my labor.

IMARANGER wrote on Jan 15th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
You were right this time, OnePercenter. 

iliveyourdream13 wrote on May 14th, 2014 at 2:02pm:
#bringbackreadingcomprehension

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #38 - Jul 7th, 2013 at 11:51am
Print Post  
hmm, so roll toon, play toon.  wait for server to collapse then have toon free moved to another server....

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #39 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 7:05am
Print Post  
I've been observing Wayfinder for a few weeks and I can confirm that at least the auction house offer is growing. For example, many clothing/accessories offered are now two pages long (e.g., two pages of cloaks, etc.) It used to be one page, and sometimes you did not even have to scroll.

The shard exchange exploded from 3 to 4 pages and actually has a few tomes occasionally.

Another indicator of growing population is the fact that marketplace no longer resets every few minutes (and I cannot periodically purchase the lowlevel broker gear for deconstruction).

I have dished out something between 50k-100k for a +1 constitution tome. Because I had earlier won an upgrade tome in Daily Dice.

For a casual player considering to start on Wayfinder, I recommend having multiple characters at various levels, so that at least occasionally you get to group with someone.

As for DR breakers, if you're looking for mainstream weapons, it's not so bad, there have been 2 silver khopeshes for grabs, at 11 platinum pieces bid. Alas, my hunt for a silver maul was unsuccessful so far.

For me, the hardest to get stuff was/is a Greater False Life item and Collapsed Portable Hole. Almost impossible to find on AH.

IP Logged

White Knight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 8:07am
Print Post  
I rolled up a sorcerer on there last night just to kill a few minutes. I ran out to the desert toget some components money and my first chest on the server had The Blood Stone. However, there's really no point in playing there. +10% is worthless when you consider having to give up your guildies/friends, and especially so since it is only 5% more than the airship shrine.

+5% xp
- guildies
- guild buffs
- regular running mates
- gear
- established second box openers
= another Turbine fail

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #41 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 3:51pm
Print Post  
I don't pity 'new ddo players' cause their aren't any lol.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - Jul 9th, 2013 at 4:00pm
Print Post  
I did enjoy getting the free TP's from getting to 100 favor on Wayfinder. I won't be back again Tongue

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint