Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Pure Monk (Read 64705 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Pure Monk
Reply #200 - Feb 11th, 2014 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 1:37pm:
Meat, just thought you might want an update.

After much thought/debating with myself, I went the Pure 20 BF Monk route.

It came down to losing some DPS (the Precise Shot bug) and 2 DCs on my Stunning Fists with the 18Monk/2FTR build versus some nice defensive abilities, sneak damage of the Ninja Spy, higher Dodge cap, and some other things that my Pure build has.

I was able to mitigate some of the DPS loss somewhat with re-slotting some augment slots, the sneak damage from Ninja Spy, and adding a Deadly +10 item so the net result was much better defense (+7% more Dodge and Shadow Veil) and about the same DPS. The self-Reconstruction is nice but with 250 spell points, I can only do about 10 between rests. This is about the same number of Silver Flame pots I might consume between rests if I were doing something like tanking the SR without a healer but with the Recon, I don't suffer the -10 to stats and slowness thing so it's better than the SF pots.

I also didn't want to exploit by taking advantage of the Precise Shot bug mentioned above.

Anyway, I am pretty happy with the new Bladeforged Arkat.  Smiley 

Very nice sir!

I JUST yesterday got mine back to 25. I iTRed into a Helf from a BF. I'm doing 18/2 monk/druid. I'm going pure wis (no cleave --> O.crit) for QP DC. I took FTR dilly for the +2 tactics.

I'm relying on that extra 1d6 sneak dice in wolf form for the dps increase..... ( Grin Grin)

If the "sneak dice" gets fixed, I'll go to pure.

For me, I LIKE the slow/steady vamp/Light curse healing with cocoon and FoL finisher as big heals when needed.

I still need some gear. I need a littany, a +3 wis helm maybe.. (I might just wear +3 Spiderspun as I already have that) Most of what I need to run is shroud for shards for.....

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #201 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:30am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Feb 11th, 2014 at 2:07pm:
I'm going pure wis

It makes me a very happy person that you don't play on my server.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #202 - Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:03pm
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 8:30am:
It makes me a very happy person that you don't play on my server.

Roll Eyes

I still started with 16 str and will max it out with gear. The difference won't be very significant. But, no O.crit. I've already calculated that O.crit ends up being like <18 dmg per hit on my build. So, I just need to make that up with 2 druid.

the 1d6 sneak means I only need to make up 14.5 somewhere else. I'll figure something out.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #203 - Feb 13th, 2014 at 3:34am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Feb 12th, 2014 at 2:03pm:
I'll figure something out.

May I suggest putting QP on your hotbar?

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #204 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
I finally dusted off my monk who's been shelved since Beguile was "fixed". He's sitting at 16Mnk/2Ftr/2Drd. Is the 2 Drd splash worth it anymore? I'm focusing on Wis and tactics. I've been hitting EE pugs lately and been doing well enough but I really need to optimize him for the harder EEs. QP is close to no-fail in EH, but not good enough for EE, whereas my SF is sitting at 70 or so for EE.

Helf with 3 Monk PL.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #205 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:24pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:07pm:
I finally dusted off my monk who's been shelved since Beguile was "fixed". He's sitting at 16Mnk/2Ftr/2Drd. Is the 2 Drd splash worth it anymore? I'm focusing on Wis and tactics. I've been hitting EE pugs lately and been doing well enough but I really need to optimize him for the harder EEs. QP is close to no-fail in EH, but not good enough for EE, whereas my SF is sitting at 70 or so for EE.

Helf with 3 Monk PL.

You gotta work on those DCs for EEs.

I'm at 77ish QP and 80s for stun. That's 3 ftr PLs too, twist from LD for 6, run in GMoF for 3, Cloak for 6, max wis, etc.

The druid splash actually is decent for the trip thing as a wolf. Though, I'm not sure vertigo items even work.. they are supposed to I think.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #206 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
BTW, my personal best for taking down EE Sobrien as fast as I can solo/selfbuffed is 41 seconds.

I'm curious how that stacks up...

That's stunned, madstoned, raged, etc.

Oh actually, that does NOT include sense weakness since I don't have that twisted.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2014 at 6:29pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #207 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 5:07pm:
Is the 2 Drd splash worth it anymore?

You still have no idea do you!  Grin

IP Logged

NOTSunnyshadow
Out of Order

Kobold remember waterworks!

Reply #208 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:45pm
Print Post  
I wonder why Veriden doesn't hate on monk druids using the handwraps feature?

En taro Tassadar!

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #209 - Feb 27th, 2014 at 11:36pm
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:45pm:

He is still attending Attention Whoring 101 and learning the ropes  Cheesy

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #210 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 7:19am
Print Post  
Now I'm enlightened and will be trying some things out.

The next question is whether I can stomach a couple more Fighter PLs, though now I think it might actually be more fun, and definitely quicker.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #211 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 10:47am
Print Post  
NOTSunnyshadow wrote on Feb 27th, 2014 at 10:45pm:

It works on any druid, not just monks and not just handwraps.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #212 - Feb 28th, 2014 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Feb 28th, 2014 at 10:47am:
It works on any druid, not just monks and not just handwraps.

Could one of yall give a fuck and inform an under-educated old ass cracker about this druid thing?  (aka PM plz&ty)

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #213 - Mar 1st, 2014 at 6:56am
Print Post  
She's so fiiiine there's no telling where the money went...

Jeez oh man there's no other way to goooo o o ohhh...

Simply irressitable...whapooosh!

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 
Send TopicPrint