Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Pure Monk (Read 64718 times)
Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Re: Pure Monk
Reply #75 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 3:58pm:
Meh, I think I've got enough healing then that cocoon won't need Emp Healing. That kicks out the divine splashes and gets me back to pure, 18/2fig, or 16/2fig/2rng, rog, pal. I think race will fall out of the decision about class splits or at least I hope it does. I'd really like to TR to this after I'm done farming Mabar.

The reason for divine splash is not just empowered healing. I intend on going bladeforged and will not be using cocoon. Smite weakness and divine might is why I chose 2 fvs. It's superior if you're not sweating the fighter dc.

IP Logged

Sham
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Random Effects
on Named Loot! - No one
ever

Reply #76 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:02pm
Print Post  
YABB

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #77 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Sham wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:02pm:
The reason for divine splash is not just empowered healing. I intend on going bladeforged and will not be using cocoon. Smite weakness and divine might is why I chose 2 fvs. It's superior if you're not sweating the fighter dc.

I'd be interested to see how that goes for you. I looked at bladeforged really hard on some other builds and didn't like the sp-pool on a melee-based toon when you start trying to fit in 25sp recon's. It might work but it feels like you'd be dipping in to pots quite a bit. Doesn't really fit what I'm looking to do as I love leaning on the light finisher for healing but it sounds like a really interesting build.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #78 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:57pm
Print Post  
On another note, I basically want to be able to QP every time that son of a B is off CD. I'm finding it takes a fair bit of ki.

I'm considering running in firestance PLUS a +ki item to keep it up.

Other thoughts?

On trash, what is better dps than instakill?

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 8:18pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 4:57pm:
On another note, I basically want to be able to QP every time that son of a B is off CD. I'm finding it takes a fair bit of ki.

I'm considering running in firestance PLUS a +ki item to keep it up.

Other thoughts?

On trash, what is better dps than instakill?

Fire stance costs you 2 wisdom. Earth stance does not. If ki is a big concern water stance would be 4 extra wisdom (net of 6 compared to fire) and passive ki regen of 1 extra. It's not as much extra ki as fire stance but it's better than earth stance in that regard (and 2 dc higher to boot).

I'm honestly not sure which stance I'll run in. I know everyone says earth is too good to pass up but I'm really leaning toward TR'ing to this because I love the style of play with my rogue int-based assassin - I'd love to do have that same style on a monk.

IP Logged

Deathdefy
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #80 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:43pm
Print Post  
If you are going T5 Shintao for the 1d8 fist die increase anyway, Meditation of War gives Fire Stance a +2 Tactics DC, leaving it at net +1 given the Wisdom penalty.

My thought for QP focused monks is Fire Stance for trash too, but it's hard to say if it's necessary without actually being in EEs on one.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #81 - Oct 16th, 2013 at 10:42pm
Print Post  
Deathdefy wrote on Oct 16th, 2013 at 9:43pm:
If you are going T5 Shintao for the 1d8 fist die increase anyway, Meditation of War gives Fire Stance a +2 Tactics DC, leaving it at net +1 given the Wisdom penalty.

My thought for QP focused monks is Fire Stance for trash too, but it's hard to say if it's necessary without actually being in EEs on one.

Good point on med of war. I didn't think of that.

I know. Part of this is theoretical. Last life on my pure monk I ended up TRing at 24.

I'm back up to 17 or so now.

I ran EE Von and maybe some GH. QP was working nicely there. But, von is pretty easy. I think I did an EE Shyndlrkjwehkrrbnnn too. QP was working whenever I had a sundering item pretty much.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #82 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:50am
Print Post  
What is the max base damage you are getting on a monk?

Obv you go d8 from Shintao.

3.5W from level 20 monk
.5W from Monk PL
1.5W from Dance with Flowers
.5W from Fighter PA Improvement
2W from Antipode
8[1d8]

Am I missing anything?

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #83 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:00am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 10:50am:
What is the max base damage you are getting on a monk?

Obv you go d8 from Shintao.

3.5W from level 20 monk
.5W from Monk PL
1.5W from Dance with Flowers
.5W from Fighter PA Improvement
2W from Antipode
8[1d8]

Am I missing anything?

IF you run in GMOF you get higher from Fire Enh.

Also, if you use EE addy knuckles you get 1.5 more.
Reinforced fists?  .5
Improved Martial Arts?  1.0

Max =

+.5 RF
+1 imp MA
+1.5 EEknuckes
+.75 Dancing with flames
=11.75[d8]

Kinda hot.

That's Roughly 53dmg per hand per hit before ANYTHING

vs

36 at 8[w]

For fun:

given a dmg mod of say 30

9deadly
7weapon
10 str
2 ship
other stuff here

Monk Fire Stance with O.Crit and 10 seeker
=53+30+(.10(((53+30)+10)x3)) 111 x 1.9(for offhand)=211 per attack before effects AND stun AND doublestrike

Monk Earth Stance with O.Crit and 10 Seeker
49.5+28+other stuffX4= 112.5 x 1.9 =214

Monk Earth splash in LD with O.Crit and 10 seeker

47.23+28+otherstuffx5=118x1.9= 224 per attack
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:30am by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #84 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:50am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:00am:
IF you run in GMOF you get higher from Fire Enh.

Also, if you use EE addy knuckles you get 1.5 more.
Reinforced fists?  .5
Improved Martial Arts?  1.0

Max =

+.5 RF
+1 imp MA
+1.5 EEknuckes
+.75 Dancing with flames
=11.75[d8]

Kinda hot.

That's Roughly 53dmg per hand per hit before ANYTHING

vs

36 at 8[w]

For fun:

given a dmg mod of say 30

9deadly
7weapon
10 str
2 ship
other stuff here

Monk Fire Stance with O.Crit and 10 seeker
=53+30+(.10(((53+30)+10)x3)) 111 x 1.9(for offhand)=211 per attack before effects AND stun AND doublestrike

Monk Earth Stance with O.Crit and 10 Seeker
49.5+28+other stuffX4= 112.5 x 1.9 =214

Monk Earth splash in LD with O.Crit and 10 seeker

47.23+28+otherstuffx5=118x1.9= 224 per attack

I forgot about improved martial arts.  The antipodes have the reinforced fists in them.  Thanks!  I knew about the Fire Stance thing, but I hate Fire Stance.  I'm OK with sacrificing that little bit of DPS.  Are the EE knuckles that much higher than fully upgraded Anitpodes?  I thought they only had a half die step on upgraded Antipodes, but I guess I was counting the reinforced fists, so if you have another source for that, it would be a full die step.

Hmmmm...Something to consider.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #85 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:50am:
I forgot about improved martial arts.  The antipodes have the reinforced fists in them.  Thanks!  I knew about the Fire Stance thing, but I hate Fire Stance.  I'm OK with sacrificing that little bit of DPS.  Are the EE knuckles that much higher than fully upgraded Anitpodes?  I thought they only had a half die step on upgraded Antipodes, but I guess I was counting the reinforced fists, so if you have another source for that, it would be a full die step.

Hmmmm...Something to consider.

Antipodes fully upgraded should be 2.5

EE knuckles is 3.5 i believe.

Sources of fists are arkats belt or Spiderspun.

Firestance = more ki for QP. (i usually don't like it either) AND 25% hamp if you wanted to roll that way.

Last time I did dps calcs on 3 stances (not water) I found them to be pretty close. If you have no haste or melee alacrity then wind always wins. But otherwise it's pretty close. I'd decide based on the secondary effects. ki/2tohit vs PRR/con/xcrit vs permahaste/10%ds for effects/+2reflex
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 12:00pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #86 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 11:58am:
AND 25% hamp if you wanted to roll that way.

I'm trying to work out whether I could stomach wearing Epic Jidz' after seeing all of the comments about Fire stance. They're really just a colorless and yellow slot with no other benefits assuming you slot the globe somewhere. That's...underwhelming for an epic item. But 25% stacking healing amp is pretty flipping outstanding. Really torn. Sad

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #87 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
honestly firestance monks used to disgust me. I associated them with horcs and no wisdom and taking everything kewl out of monks to try to be a punchy barb or something.

But with the med of war tactics.. on a wis build... It might make sense.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #88 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 1:29pm
Print Post  
Only downside is that all the cool shintao stuff doesn't qualify under the 'tactics' umbrella (Jade Strike, Tomb of Jade, and Dismissing Strike are the main ones). I think Kukan Do would though. I don't think that's enough to argue against fire stance but it's something to keep in mind, especially with undead coming in droves for the next updates.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
One argument in favor of fire stance on a non-pure monk is that meditations of war's penalties are the kindest to fire stance. Air and water are complete non-starters (take 10% more damage or deal 10% less). Earth isn't as bad but still loses 5% max dodge bonus. Fire stance losing 5ac is fairly inconsequential.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #90 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Hrm...starting to look at this more carefully now and noticed that there are two epic feats that are really better than Overwhelming Critical on an unarmed monk - Vorpal Strikes (comes out to 5dmg / hit when working, adds slashing, adds instant kills to low-hp enemies) and Improved Martial Arts (adds 4.5dmg/hit with Shintao's d8 fist damage). I'd really prefer to take the haste feat at 27 (not even sure if you could take OCrit there anyways). Am I right that it makes sense for monks to skip OCrit then? Makes me wonder about trying to fit in Improved Trip on a Warforged 18/2:

Improved Trip DC:
14 Base
13 Str  (14 base str +4 gm fire stance +4 Tome + 8 Item + 1 Exc + 3 Insightful + 2 Ship Buff = 36, MOD 13)
02 Tactician
06 Legendary Tactics Twist
03 Fighter PL
15 Item (Epic Blademark's Docent)
06 Enhancements (Kensai + WF'd)
05 Exc Combat Mastery
03 ED (GMOF Innates)
02 Fire Stance with Meditations of War's +2 Tactics
----
69 Improved Trip DC

That's not assuming any crazy gear either. An epic blademark's docent, a +3 exc. wis item for other tactics (probably a blue helm), a +3 exc. str item (prowess), +8 str slotted somewhere (or +7 w/ a +5 tome), and a +11 wis item somewhere else for the other tactics. If we're going to spend so much effort in boosting tactics why not have another usable one that will work on things that we can't stun (like undead).
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 2:51pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
There's two feat paths I could see on that 18/2 forged.

More traditional:
PL: Monk (2.25dmg/hit), Improved Crit: Bludgeoning, Power Attack, TWF (3 feats), Stunning Fist, Improved Sunder, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Stunning Blow (because why not...could use it on heavily sundered mobs or casters to save the CD on Stunning Fist), Cleave (because it's nice to be able to hit everything around you but I don't see needing Great Cleave based on my earlier thoughts about epic feats). This version could afford to drop Stunning Blow (which is largely redundant anyways) if it splashed 2 more levels of something else and would be able to pick up Grandmaster of Forms. It could also drop Cleave if it was splashing a divine class for Empower Heal.

Out of the box for wonderful unarmed Whirlwind action:
Power Attack, TWF (3 feats), Stunning Fist, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind, and 1 of the following feats: PL: Monk, Improved Crit: Bludgeoning, Improved Sunder. Given that we're not taking Overwhelming Critical and that PL: Monk is just 2.25 damage per hit on average I'd probably opt to help the group more and take Improved Sunder.

I've played with Whirlwind on a monk before and I can vouch for its effectiveness on enemy groups. As ddowiki mentions it hits 2-4 times on every enemy in range with a 4[w] attack. It has a really high entry fee but if we're dropping OCrit that means we really can save 3 heroic feats (Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Crit) and there is a lot to be gained out of those dodge feats (we start at 13% dodge before any gear or enhancements).

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #92 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:18pm
Print Post  
Darkrok wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:08pm:
There's two feat paths I could see on that 18/2 forged.

More traditional:
PL: Monk (2.25dmg/hit), Improved Crit: Bludgeoning, Power Attack, TWF (3 feats), Stunning Fist, Improved Sunder, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Stunning Blow (because why not...could use it on heavily sundered mobs or casters to save the CD on Stunning Fist), Cleave (because it's nice to be able to hit everything around you but I don't see needing Great Cleave based on my earlier thoughts about epic feats). This version could afford to drop Stunning Blow (which is largely redundant anyways) if it splashed 2 more levels of something else and would be able to pick up Grandmaster of Forms. It could also drop Cleave if it was splashing a divine class for Empower Heal.

Out of the box for wonderful unarmed Whirlwind action:
Power Attack, TWF (3 feats), Stunning Fist, Combat Expertise, Improved Trip, Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack, Whirlwind, and 1 of the following feats: PL: Monk, Improved Crit: Bludgeoning, Improved Sunder. Given that we're not taking Overwhelming Critical and that PL: Monk is just 2.25 damage per hit on average I'd probably opt to help the group more and take Improved Sunder.

I've played with Whirlwind on a monk before and I can vouch for its effectiveness on enemy groups. As ddowiki mentions it hits 2-4 times on every enemy in range with a 4[w] attack. It has a really high entry fee but if we're dropping OCrit that means we really can save 3 heroic feats (Cleave, Great Cleave, Improved Crit) and there is a lot to be gained out of those dodge feats (we start at 13% dodge before any gear or enhancements).

Munk says you can use the cleaves with stun/qp. I haven't been able to get it to work quite right for me yet. BUT, if I can, QP + cleave sounds amazing.

While your talk of dropping Ocrit and Imp crit scares me, I might look at the math

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #93 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Given:
16 monk [3]

RF .5
imp MA: 1.0
Dance With Flowers 1.5
PL monk .5
Antipodes for 2.5

=9d8=40.5avg

[str = 23 base (inc tomes) +2ship+10item+2insight+1exc+4fire+2rage=44]

17str
9deadly
2ship
8wep
4planarprowess
5PA
=45 dmg mod 

Avg attack dmg crit x2 with seeker 10= ((85.5*.9)+(((85.5+10)x2)*.1)*1.9)=
                                                           (76.95+19.1)*1.9=182.5

X3= 200.64
x4= 218.75
x5= 237                   

Fire+Ocrit+Dancewithflames= 112*1.9= 213

So Ocrit is giving 18-19 dmg per attack
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 6:01pm by Meat-Head »  

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
Munk says you can use the cleaves with stun/qp. I haven't been able to get it to work quite right for me yet. BUT, if I can, QP + cleave sounds amazing.

While your talk of dropping Ocrit and Imp crit scares me, I might look at the math

I've never been able to make that work either...that said if that works then there's the outside chance that QP/stun + WW would work as well. That's 2-4 chances at a QP/stun when you do that one again assuming it works.

Looking at the numbers though it looks like it's about a 17% drop in ideal world damage (no fortification and not adding back in vorpal strikes or improved martial arts). That probably means that Whirlwind is a no go on this build. Even once you add those things back in you still would end up losing quite a bit of damage.

The 18/2 tripping forged I posted though could fit in Overwhelming Critical. TWF (3), PA, Clv, GClv, Imp Sunder, CE, Imp Trip, Stunning Fist, PL: Monk, Improved Crit for heroic levels. If you can take one at epic 27 you could fit in Vorpal Strikes, Improved Martial Arts, and Overwhelming Critical all 3. I wonder looking at this though about bothering with Vorpal Strikes. Basically by the time you take it you're talking about 5 damage per hit (not multiplied through on crits) on only things that can be vorpal and slashing on wraps. Is there enough out there that needs slashing to justify that over Blinding Strikes at 27?

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:40pm:
EarthStanceOcrit=222 per attack
Fire+Ocrit+Dancewithflames= 211
NoOcritNoEarth=187 per attack

These numbers stand out to me in 2 ways.

#1 Not taking Overwhelming Critical is not an option, even with the terrible crit profile on wraps.
#2 Staying in Fire Stance even on bosses is arguably feasible. Those numbers assume no fortification and discount ki-dumping for extra damage. Fire stance would allow us to spam things to add to our damage output and bring the EarthStanceOcrit and Fire+Ocrit+Dancewithflames numbers closer to equal.

I'm definitely liking this 18/2 WF'd build. The only downsides are that you're down 2 wisdom and 6 AP to start at 80% healing amp instead of 100%. It's the only reasonable way I see gear-wise though to fit in Trip, Sunder, and Stunning all 3.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #96 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 4:22pm
Print Post  
Everyone with any sense has known for some time that monks, in one form or another, are win. One of the chief devs loves 'em, and so they will always be up there in the charts. You just have to roll with the nerfpunches and move to the next fashionable build. 12Mnk a must, the rest, well it depends what era you're playing in.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #97 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 4:44pm
Print Post  
I updated the calcs because I didn't have a reasonable dmg mod.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #98 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Ok, I think all this back and forth has gotten me to where I wanted to be. I love the idea of having a lot of tactic options. Fire stance really gives the largest variety of options there as well as giving us respectable base damage while still going as heavily into Wisdom as we possibly can while still qualifying for Overwhelming Critical. The feat order on this monstrosity was a pain as qualifying for Combat Expertise and Improved Two Weapon Fighting is difficult until later levels. This is why I unfortunately had to backload the fighter levels. They could be moved up to as early as 15 though and still have things work right - it depends on whether you feel you need the +3 tactics or not. I'm thinking you'll be just fine without anything from Kensei during heroic levels so you could level this to 18 as a pure with no improved trip, take 20 with the two fighter levels like I've built, slap on the epic blademark's and be ready to start tripping at 20.

Code
Select All
[u][b]Character Plan by DDO Character Planner Version 04.19.02[/b][/u]
[url=http://www.rjcyberware.com/DDO]DDO Character Planner Home Page[/url]

[B][U]Tajawuka Warforged Tactics[/U][/B]
Level 28 Lawful Good Warforged Male
(2 Fighter \ 18 Monk \ 8 Epic)
Hit Points: 470
Spell Points: 0
BAB: 15\15\20\25\25
Fortitude: 19
Reflex: 15
Will: 18

[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
Abilities        Base Stats          Modified Stats
[U](36 Point)[/U]       [U](Level 1)[/U]             [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Strength             16                    23
Dexterity            14                    18
Constitution         16                    20
Intelligence          9                    13
Wisdom               15                    24
Charisma              6                    10[/COLOR]

[B][U]Tomes Used[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]+1 Tome of Strength used at level 3
+1 Tome of Dexterity used at level 3
+1 Tome of Constitution used at level 3
+1 Tome of Intelligence used at level 3
+1 Tome of Wisdom used at level 3
+1 Tome of Charisma used at level 3
+2 Tome of Strength used at level 7
+2 Tome of Dexterity used at level 7
+2 Tome of Constitution used at level 7
+2 Tome of Intelligence used at level 7
+2 Tome of Wisdom used at level 7
+2 Tome of Charisma used at level 7
+3 Tome of Strength used at level 11
+3 Tome of Dexterity used at level 11
+3 Tome of Constitution used at level 11
+3 Tome of Intelligence used at level 11
+3 Tome of Wisdom used at level 11
+3 Tome of Charisma used at level 11
+4 Tome of Strength used at level 15
+4 Tome of Dexterity used at level 15
+4 Tome of Constitution used at level 15
+4 Tome of Intelligence used at level 15
+4 Tome of Wisdom used at level 15
+4 Tome of Charisma used at level 15
+5 Tome of Strength used at level 19
[/COLOR]
[B]                  Starting          Feat/Enhancement
                 Base Skills         Modified Skills
[U]Skills[/U]           [U](Level 1)[/U]            [U](Level 28)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=silver]Balance               2                    33
Bluff                -2                     8
Concentration         7                    38
Diplomacy            -2                     8
Disable Device       n/a                    n/a
Haggle               -2                     8
Heal                  4                    26
Hide                  2                    12
Intimidate           -2                     8
Jump                  3                    14
Listen                2                    15
Move Silently         2                    12
Open Lock             n/a                  n/a
Perform              n/a                    n/a
Repair               -1                     9
Search               -1                     9
Spellcraft           -1                     9
Spot                  2                    15
Swim                  n/a                  n/a
Tumble                3                    13
Use Magic Device     -0.5                  19
[/COLOR]
[B][U]Level 1 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Concentration (+4)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Heal (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Tumble (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Use Magic Device (+1.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Fighter[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Monk[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Paladin[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Ranger[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Past Life) Past Life: Ranger[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Power Attack[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 2 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Concentration (+1)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Heal (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Use Magic Device (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Stunning Fist[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 3 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Past Life: Disciple of the Fist[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Path) Path of Harmonious Balance: Fists of Light[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 4 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=pink]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]WIS[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Balance (+1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 5 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Use Magic Device (+1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 6 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Balance (+2)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Great Cleave[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Monk Bonus) Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 7 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 8 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 9 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Sunder[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 10 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 11 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 12 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Balance (+4)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 13 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Heal (+1)[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 14 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 15 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Greater Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 16 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=pink]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]STR[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 17 (Monk)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 18 (Monk)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Improved Critical: Bludgeoning Weapons[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 19 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Concentration (+0.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Combat Expertise[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 20 (Fighter)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=pink]Ability Raise: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]STR[/COLOR]
[COLOR=wheat]Skill: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver]Concentration (+1.5)[/COLOR]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Fighter Bonus) Improved Trip[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 21 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Epic: Overwhelming Critical[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 22 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 23 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 24 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Epic: Improved Martial Arts[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 25 (Epic)[/U][/B]

[B][U]Level 26 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Tactician[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 27 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Selected) Epic: Blinding Speed[/COLOR]

[B][U]Level 28 (Epic)[/U][/B]
[COLOR=lightblue]Feat: [/COLOR][COLOR=silver](Epic Destiny) Epic Destiny: Perfect Two Weapon Fighting[/COLOR]

Edit: For those that don't want to bother with the coded section here's a breakdown.
Starting stats 16str,14dex,16con,9int,15wis,6cha
Level-ups: All into wisdom except level 16 & 20 to strength
Tomes: +5 str, +4 to all others. Needed tomes are +5 str, +4 int, +3 dex.
Leveling Order: Monk to 18, Fighter at 19&20
Feat Order: L1 PA/Clv, L2 Stunning Fist, L3 PL: Monk, L6 TWF/Great Cleave, L9 Improved Sunder, L12 iTWF, L15 gTWF, L18 iCrit, L19 Combat Expertise, L20 Improved Trip
Skills: Focus on Concentration, Heal, UMD, backfill one other monk skill as int tomes kick in (balance in the build but could be any of your choosing)
« Last Edit: Oct 17th, 2013 at 5:08pm by Darkrok »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #99 - Oct 17th, 2013 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Oct 17th, 2013 at 3:18pm:
Munk says you can use the cleaves with stun/qp.

No.

I've said with great cleave.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9
Send TopicPrint