Poll
Poll Question: In which year will DDO die?

« Created by: DDOcrackhead on: Nov 4th, 2013 at 2:38pm »
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) In which year will DDO die? (Read 35095 times)
Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Re: In which year will DDO die?
Reply #50 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 9:27am:
the license is up in 2015.  You think WoTC will renew a 3.5 game with these ass-clowns when DDO Next will be out?

WOTC is reprinting/Re-editing 3.5 right now ( I saw the new books this summer at my favorite shop ).
They are not going to kill a revenue. It finally dawned to them that 4th Ed was an ERROR, and now they have to catch back the market Paizo snatched with Pathfinder.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #51 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:42pm
Print Post  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:46pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:42pm:
MORIA !

Winner

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are
belong to me! :D

Reply #53 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Smiley

My running partner just told me there was a new podcast out (is that a Glin thing?) - where they say they are releasing new Eberron content, gnomes are costed and very much on theiir way, they are releasing several iconics including a harper witch, something dwarfy, something drowy, and they are making bards not suck.

That is highly vague I know - I haven't located or listened to the podcast myself - but I thought some of you people might be able to dig about and find it Smiley

Eberron packs are good news as far as I am concerned. Rooting for epic Vale or the other side of Amrath Smiley

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #54 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
I don't understand the bard hate,  they may not be an op class but I ran up a bard life right after u19 on my completionist wannabe,  and it was a blast,  almost barb level str on a character that could cast dd, cures, displacement, etc.

What do people hate about them so much?

IP Logged

CaptainObvious
Korthos Resident

I may not know what I'm
talking about

Reply #55 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 2:55am:
This font color... Was this meant to be hidden?  Undecided

Yes, it's intentional.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Dare to tempt your fates?
Everything has a price.

Reply #56 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
CaptainObvious wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:46pm:
Yes, it's intentional.

yes, its intentional because Cpt Obvious is an obvious dildo and needs to be shoved into Gawna so that it may be lost forever in that vast void...
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:51pm by Vendui »  

IP Logged

TractorsareEpic
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:36pm:
Smiley

My running partner just told me there was a new podcast out (is that a Glin thing?) - where they say they are releasing new Eberron content, gnomes are costed and very much on theiir way, they are releasing several iconics including a harper witch, something dwarfy, something drowy, and they are making bards not suck.

That is highly vague I know - I haven't located or listened to the podcast myself - but I thought some of you people might be able to dig about and find it Smiley

Eberron packs are good news as far as I am concerned. Rooting for epic Vale or the other side of Amrath Smiley

They're referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGBNAciMwM

Cheers! Tongue! Smiley! Cheesy!

IP Logged

Tajuh
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 1:47pm:
Updating Cannith Crafting to be in sync with loot that drops in game. 

No thanks, I'd rather not have to craft 37 different kinds of Ghostbane Shard. Cheesy

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #59 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 9:27am:
the license is up in 2015.  You think WoTC will renew a 3.5 game with these ass-clowns when DDO Next will be out?

why wouldn't they as long as it is a revenue stream?  you think WOTC gives a shit about watering down their product?

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:35pm
Print Post  
Yobai wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:30pm:
why wouldn't they as long as it is a revenue stream?  you think WOTC gives a shit about watering down their product?

Hasbro doesnt care. They'll push out D&Ds as long as they can profit

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #61 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't understand the bard hate,  they may not be an op class but I ran up a bard life right after u19 on my completionist wannabe,  and it was a blast,  almost barb level str on a character that could cast dd, cures, displacement, etc.

My running partner is a bit obsessive about bards. I do know they are good and survivable, on build no 3 myself. But if they are going to give them more love I am all for it. Smiley

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #62 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:54pm
Print Post  
TractorsareEpic wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 3:56pm:
They're referring to this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RxGBNAciMwM

Cheers! Tongue! Smiley! Cheesy!

Thanks for the link. God. This is 2 hours? OMG Tongue

I might wait for the fanbois to post edited highlights Wink

IP Logged

Terebinthia
Horoluth Raider

All your cupcakes are

Reply #63 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 7:12pm
Print Post  
The most amusing thing 10 mins in is Tolero is responsible for /lfb and she is so excited about that Smiley

But actually what is interesting is I am getting the sense that these guys do have a genuine input from the cubicle friend perspective.

So, Amanda, in friendship I am saying please poke Feather with sharp sticks until he gets over the randomisation thing. Lootgen is getting very boring, we are collecting the options and are then good to go. It's not healthy ...

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #64 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
Terebinthia wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 7:12pm:
please poke Feather with sharp phosphorus sticks

Quote:

Because most of them are played by idiots .
Making some piking useless character thinking dungeon autocompletes the second they stop singing and doing nothing else.
Much like those pally experts on forums, " I have this cool longsword and shield, hmm let's try not leaving sentinel for a second, boo why am I getting 4 kills in quests.
Ddo is hard, I better post some teamwork thread ! ".
It totally is not your shitty play / build.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #65 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:23pm:
Making some piking useless character thinking dungeon autocompletes the second they stop singing and doing nothing else.
Much like those pally experts on forums, " I have this cool longsword and shield, hmm let's try not leaving sentinel for a second, boo why am I getting 4 kills in quests.

haha... its never the pallies fault for their own deths either... just ask them... its always because the healer dint heal.. or something like that.. i hate my healer now cuz everyone sais she sux at healing :x no one belives shes rez specced only

IP Logged

Charon
Ex Member

Reply #66 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Wipe wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 8:23pm:

I can accept that,  I just hate seeing all the bards are horrible crap,  I had all the bard buffs that life,  and fully buffed with everything I had 61 str at 18.  It was 50 with the ship buff, rage, skaldic rage, divine might combo I had then the short terms of action boost from human, yugo, and gloves of titan's grip.  It made for lots of cc with the bard spells and songs with that good of a stunning blow. 

It just always makes me shake my head and go uh what when I hear about how terrible they are now.

IP Logged

Vendui
Releaser Of Exploits

Everything has a price.

Reply #67 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 9:12pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I can accept that,  I just hate seeing all the bards are horrible crap,  I had all the bard buffs that life,  and fully buffed with everything I had 61 str at 18.  It was 50 with the ship buff, rage, skaldic rage, divine might combo I had then the short terms of action boost from human, yugo, and gloves of titan's grip.  It made for lots of cc with the bard spells and songs with that good of a stunning blow. 

It just always makes me shake my head and go uh what when I hear about how terrible they are now.

Sadly, its the 1% that cry gimp to bards because the bard build they did failed... little do they realize, bards are like monks... can easily screw one up without even trying... i love bards.. i cant stand playing one.. but i love em ^^

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #68 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:03am:
Meh, again.  MMO Gaming Forums.  Where critical thinking = Fanboi and childish temper tantrums and poor anger management = Realistic/Rational Thinker. 

Yes, yes, that's what they are...According to YOUR opinion

I have been critical of Turbine's mistakes.  I just don't over-react like a 3 year old who had my lollipop taken away. 

Nope, you don't overreact. When they take your lollipop you just weep quietly and make up excuses. After all, they are parents, they must have a good reason, right?

I also still enjoy playing the game and don't want to see it fail.

Good
For
You

Most of you treat DDO like an ex-girlfriend (try to imagine actually having had one for a second) who broke up with you (obviously) and you spy on her and call your mutual friends cutting on her new boyfriend and talk about how ugly she is and you can't believe how you even went out with her in the first place.  Oh, and dreaming up scenarios where she loses her job, becomes unemployed, and is forced into prostitution.

Ahhh...nothing is more entertaining when someone brings up real life situations to compare with a pixel game. I bet you do the reverse comparisons for your real life issues as well. Must be hard to understand why that reasoning fails you so much. Distinguishing between real and virtual must be nigh impossible. All the lines are a blur to you.

Quit acting like a stalker-ish butt hurt loser. 

My one comment and you produce this wall of reply. From where I'm standing, you look like the butthurt one.

PS.: I think its time to come out of the closet  Wink
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:37pm by Alex DeLarge »  

IP Logged

Yobai
Epic Poster

Reply #69 - Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:22pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 6:35pm:
Hasbro doesnt care. They'll push out D&Ds as long as they can profit

exactly.  still waiting for the 'retro' D&D red box re-release.  they'd make a mint on that.  people might not play it, but they'd buy it.
« Last Edit: Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:22pm by Yobai »  

Revaulting wrote on Jul 7th, 2015 at 8:16pm:
Have you tried a lower difficulty, such as the official forums?

IP Logged

Strakeln
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Lumberjack

Reply #70 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 12:06am
Print Post  

Still the lone 2019 holdout. Go me!

┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

IP Logged

Alex DeLarge
Epic Poster

Get ready for some of
the 'ol in-out, in-out

Reply #71 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 12:12am
Print Post  
Strakeln wrote on Nov 6th, 2013 at 12:06am:
Still the lone 2019 holdout. Go me!

You must know something we don't. Share please?!

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 12:58am
Print Post  
Most of you treat DDO like an ex-girlfriend (try to imagine actually having had one for a second) who broke up with you (obviously) and you spy on her and call your mutual friends cutting on her new boyfriend and talk about how ugly she is and you can't believe how you even went out with her in the first place.  Oh, and dreaming up scenarios where she loses her job, becomes unemployed, and is forced into prostitution. 

Quit acting like a stalker-ish butt hurt loser. 

My ex, this one time we were at my place after a night out of drinking and decided to smoke a little.
She had an acute panick attack from the pot. Decided to blame me and say I put shit in there just to see people's reactions. Never ever did this before, nor would I. And for the next 45mins I had to convince her she'll be okay, breath deeply, and that it's just a panick attack from thc making you trip. We made up, I fuked her in her ass. She cried. Her but hurt.
We broke up. I never called her once. She called a few times.

Would you like to go out one day?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

1992fxrs
Waterworks Kobold

Harley parking only

Reply #73 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 2:14am
Print Post  
Persiflage wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 5:19am:
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl ghostbane fhtagn.

Well said sir.......well said.

IA CTHULHU!
IA YOG SOTHOTH!

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #74 - Nov 6th, 2013 at 10:49am
Print Post  
Alex DeLarge wrote on Nov 5th, 2013 at 11:14pm:
Yes, yes, that's what they are...According to YOUR opinion

Newsflash.  Everything I type is, by definition, my opinion.  Just like everything you type is yours.  In other news, 1+1=2 and water is wet.  Stating the extremely obvious does not make you look smart, FYI.

Nope, you don't overreact. When they take your lollipop you just weep quietly and make up excuses. After all, they are parents, they must have a good reason, right?

A comparison using "like" is known as a simile.  it's not literal.  Nobody actually took my lollipop.  Try to keep up.

Ahhh...nothing is more entertaining when someone brings up real life situations to compare with a pixel game. I bet you do the reverse comparisons for your real life issues as well. Must be hard to understand why that reasoning fails you so much. Distinguishing between real and virtual must be nigh impossible. All the lines are a blur to you.

It is ironic that you use this with me, given that you claim I am a closet fanboi for failing to over-react and spew hate filled venom at Turbine for changes to the pixel game.  I mock you for being so overly emotional and dramatic about changes to an MMO and now you suggest I'm the one with issues with perspective and taking the game too seriously?  Lol.  Nice try. 

My one comment and you produce this wall of reply. From where I'm standing, you look like the butthurt one.

This response is the intellectual equivalent to "I know you are but what am I?"

What's next?  "I'm rubber you are glue?"

This the best you can do?  Disappointing.

Stick with
Good
For
You

and

PS.: I think its time to come out of the closet   Wink

Anything beyond a basic insult is too much for you.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint