Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) DDO Player Council members (Read 112338 times)
Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Re: DDO Player Council members
Reply #125 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 11:35am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 10:48am:
61 total ...off the top of my head

Perhaps lobbying for a DC-casting PRE tree wouldn't be terrible.  Is there one you can steal from PnP?

With the nuking, SLA, and other Savant stuff being able to get the same Necro DC as a Wizard with PM and Archmage would be dumb.  A wizard with a non-Necro Archmage focus and nothing in PM would have the same DCs of your sorc.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #126 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:31pm
Print Post  
Hafeal wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 9:23am:
Update:

Cordovan has established a separate forum for PC members to communicate.  There is an introduction thread.  Of the new members I have seen so far, there is quite a variety of players - including more than a few single digit posters, some of whom have 2006 join dates.  There do not seem to be as many 'Forum Celebrities" as I might have thought - but there are a few.  [edit: until individual players consent to being known on the Council prior to the public release of the PC list, I am not naming names; a few have noted their presence on the Council here and on the DDO forums of course, but many have not]

Cordovan also started a thread on "What transparency means to us."  And that is a healthy discussion.

It just occurred to me that it's sounding as if PC is like Cordo's thing... Please tell me there's someone else involved/in-charge.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Despair Squid
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #127 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:31pm:
It just occurred to me that it's sounding as if PC is like Cordo's thing... Please tell me there's someone else involved/in-charge.

Let's hope so. Cordovan has a serious Napoleon complex.

As far as the PC goes, no ex-Mournlanders should be involved. Only the people in the program know what went down but one of the following statements is true and the PC is going to be a waste of time.

1) Mournlanders are yes men. We don't want yes men on the council.
2) Mournlanders know what they are talking about and the devs are idiots. Player Council fails.
3) Mournlanders know what they are talking about, the devs know what they are talking about and Turbine management are the idiots. Player Council fails.

Anyone thinking this PC is going to be anything but a smoke show needs to wake up. Enough with the "let's lobby for this or let's lobby for that" bullshit. If the motherboard feedback can't change the course of the game, 30 smiling and eager councilmen are like lipstick on a pig.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #128 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Despair Squid wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:41pm:
Anyone thinking this PC is going to be anything but a smoke show needs to wake up. Enough with the "let's lobby for this or let's lobby for that" bullshit. If the motherboard feedback can't change the course of the game, 30 smiling and eager councilmen are like lipstick on a pig.

If they were serious, they'd have rebooted mournlands and changed it so it's less of an esoteric process. Changing what was essentially a private beta server into a cordo-daisychain-quango, no matter how little effect ML had in the first place, is not progress.
I'm worried the PC will have their hands tied, and develop all the transparency of the mud that the lipstick wearing pig is rolling in.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #129 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Dullknife wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 12:51pm:
I'm worried the PC will have their hands tied, and develop all the transparency of the mud that the lipstick wearing pig is rolling in.

That's the best I can say right now... The discussion about transparency is healthy and lively.

« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:01pm by Flav »  

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #130 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
Hafeal wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 9:23am:
Cordovan also started a thread on "What transparency means to us."  And that is a healthy discussion.

Predictably, this thread about transparency is not publicly viewable.

No further discussion of the matter is relevant.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #131 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:09pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:00pm:
That's the best I can say right now... The discussion about transparency is healthy and lively.

Typical.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #132 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:11pm
Print Post  
I also like that you both used the adjective "healthy" to refer to the discussion. Were you given talking points to use when discussing all of this outside of your "team"?

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Just one of those days...

Reply #133 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:13pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 10:17am:
I'm with Mo: if there is no one on the council who was caught allegedly exploiting, then it's a fucking useless bunch of bullshit.

So you're saying that there needs to be PC representation of folks who A) exploited *and* B) got caught doing it?

Can one of you guys elaborate?  Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of valid reasons why the PC might not work.  I'm just not understanding how this is one of them.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #134 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:13pm:
So you're saying that there needs to be PC representation of folks who A) exploited *and* B) got caught doing it?

Can one of you guys elaborate?  Don't get me wrong. There are plenty of valid reasons why the PC might not work.  I'm just not understanding how this is one of them.

Allegedly exploited. Mo doesn't exploit, but he and his girlfriend both got hit with the banhammer because they always have shitloads of stuff from trading and questing. His GF is an especially avid trader. She no longer plays because of this. Sad

They're looking for players of all stripes. The exploiters are certainly a stripe of players. Maybe they should look into the WHY of the exploiting (drop rates are stupid, grind for a marginal improvement is too much etc etc) rather than the WHO or WHEN or HOW MUCH. I know plenty of people who (allegedly) participated in the dupe exploit. Not because they needed to, but because they could. A common refrain I've (allegedly) heard is "This is the most fun I've had in months!" Also when you could trade BTC items through green bags there was a similar sentiment. Plus a HUGE amount of trading, not solely for personal gain, but because someone had some obscure shard in a bag they weren't going to use that someone else wanted.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:21pm by rest »  

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Reply #135 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:52pm
Print Post  
So you have:

A) Folks who didn't exploit and were never accused
B) Folks who did exploit and weren't caught
C) Folks who didn't exploit but were accused of it
D) Folks who exploited and got caught (i.e. were once 'guilty', at least in the eyes of Turbine)

I think we can assume that group A is represented.

Group B *could* be represented, but we'll probably never know for sure.

Group C I would guess (hope?) is a tiny group.  Do we know for sure that that folks that claim to be part of this group applied and were rejected?  I agree that if they were "cleared of all charges" Turbine shouldn't hold anything against them, period.  Turbine shouldn't even have a reason to track this as a separate group from A.

I think your point might be that the folks in group D have supposedly "paid the price" or "done their time" and should be considered for the PC just like anyone else.  If so, I think that could be a valid point.  However, I can't imagine Turbine turning the other cheek like that, and it really might be too much for us to expect of them, at least right away.

Either way, I don't see excluding group D, on its own, as having completely invalidated the concept of the PC.

IP Logged

Luxgolg
Shroud Slacker

So many bugs

Reply #136 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:56pm
Print Post  
They need Axer

Frog on all servers, but Cannith is home.

IP Logged

Dullknife
Merkinspotter

Reply #137 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:56pm:
They need Axer

Goddamnit, I'm going to be snorting with laughter all the way to the pub now....

IP Logged

GooFY
Abbot Raider

Reply #138 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Luxgolg wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:56pm:
They need Axer

Oh yeah, I forgot "Group" E  Grin

IP Logged

Newbin3:16
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
rest wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:20pm:
Allegedly exploited. Mo doesn't exploit, but he and his girlfriend both got hit with the banhammer because they always have shitloads of stuff from trading and questing. His GF is an especially avid trader. She no longer plays because of this. Sad

They're looking for players of all stripes. The exploiters are certainly a stripe of players. Maybe they should look into the WHY of the exploiting (drop rates are stupid, grind for a marginal improvement is too much etc etc) rather than the WHO or WHEN or HOW MUCH. I know plenty of people who (allegedly) participated in the dupe exploit. Not because they needed to, but because they could. A common refrain I've (allegedly) heard is "This is the most fun I've had in months!" Also when you could trade BTC items through green bags there was a similar sentiment. Plus a HUGE amount of trading, not solely for personal gain, but because someone had some obscure shard in a bag they weren't going to use that someone else wanted.

People exploit because they can - pure and simple.  No one "needs" anything in this videogame, we all just want shit, and sometimes it's fun to get shit by breaking the rules.  It's always been fun to do the things that you're not allowed to do - that was true when we were little kids and it's still true.  So no surprise that people exploited and enjoyed the hell out of doing so, even if they've never used any of the shit they exploited for.

Another interesting thing is how all the P2W rhetoric about paying not to play the game is applicable to exploiting - except that rather than spending cash you can just exploit to avoid playing the game, and have tons of fun doing it!

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #140 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Sorcs generally don't need super high DCs cuz their spells mostly require Reflex saves whereas a PM's spells require Fort saves. On Monsters, Fort saves are generally much higher than their Reflex or Will saves.

Got a BF Fire Savant Sorc who is not capped nor fully geared yet whose fire spells need a 52 Reflex to save against. I should be able to get his DCs up in the 55-57 area.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:14pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 10:38am:
I've seen his videos, this guy is great.  I'm getting bored on the PM and have though about trying something similar

WGU is a perfect quest for soloing on a true non-shiradi air savant.  Nothing has evasion, and the only thing that is dangerous is the boss's knockdown which he is immune to.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #142 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 1:06pm:
Predictably, this thread about transparency is not publicly viewable.

Irony.

I'm sure this has not occurred to Jerry yet, though.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:12pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Osharan Tregarth
Horoluth Raider

I'm an ass... Deal with
it.

Reply #143 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
GooFY wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 2:04pm:
Oh yeah, I forgot "Group"    E    potato  Grin

FTFY

I'm the 'sharans(Osharan, Asharan, Osharina, Asharina, etc.) And Epoxy.� And Notverysexy.

Dovie'andi se tovya sagain

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #144 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
New things are bad

Bitching is good

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #145 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
four legs good two legs bad?

IP Logged

Bill Z Bubb
Boobies Controller

I only know three chords!

Reply #146 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 3:40pm
Print Post  
Depends upon the height of the bed.

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #147 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 11:35am:
Is there one you can steal from PnP?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/User_Prestige_Classes_Strong_Spellcasting

Atleast a dozen

IP Logged

Shuy
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #148 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 4:59pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435476-The-Official-Divine-Crusader-Ep...

This is one of the member of the council.

What the actual fuck.

IP Logged

rest
One Man Wolfpack

Reply #149 - Jan 31st, 2014 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Shuy wrote on Jan 31st, 2014 at 4:59pm:
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/435476-The-Official-Divine-Crusader-Ep...

This is one of the member of the council.

What the actual fuck.

What the actual fuck indeed. Panther cubs? Rhinos? WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT GUY TALKING ABOUT.

I think maybe he just had a psychotic break.
« Last Edit: Jan 31st, 2014 at 5:27pm by rest »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 15
Send TopicPrint