Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 102900 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #200 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:29pm
Print Post  
sry was thinking of my old ranger build...that's how ling it's been since i used a stone for lvls 1-18.  Cheesy

I meant qstaff for levels, with dex from monk/monk depending on leveling order

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #201 - May 19th, 2014 at 10:41am
Print Post  
Due to build progression I ended up going with shortswords and kamas for DPS for now. With such a high AC I haven't had a problem. Only lvl 4 since I didn't get on since Thurs.

I like to stone through lives, but since this is only a second life I didn't feel it was worth it, and I don't have any stones anyway, so there's that.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #202 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:36am
Print Post  
I'm at lvl 17, currently 9Mnk/5Wiz/3Rog. I'm sitting at 53 dex. I had planned to TR right at 20 but I think I'll stay a while. With Halfling crit range fixed I'm critting on 13-20 now (still using Snow Star since I never made a GS shuri and didn't have a key to get to Eveningstar).

I figure I'll want to flesh out a few more destinies and look to make an epic Envenomed Blade and pick up a few challenge shurikens first. I have enough ingreds to make a tier 2 Tforged also. I still have a long way to go with gear though, I'm only sitting on a +2CON tome, so HP are embarrassing currently.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #203 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:40am
Print Post  
This is the type of toon that I think would benefit greatly from completionist and a bunch of epic past lives, but without a fast way to do so it's just not gonna happen for me.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #204 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jun 18th, 2014 at 8:40am:
This is the type of toon that I think would benefit greatly from completionist and a bunch of epic past lives, but without a fast way to do so it's just not gonna happen for me.

Hey, I'm running a halfling version with 9rog/6mnk/5wiz and it's been working great.

At level 24, I've got a 68 Dex with ship buffs (no pots) and I'm very pleased.

I only have 3x colors running as EPL and though I have multiple HPL (3x pally is probably the most significant) I'm far from completionist.

I guess my point is that you'll do fine.

Funniest thing recently is I was soloing EE Claw of Vulkoor at lvl 23 and had a record Sorbien beat down... under 2 secs! I was like, "Wha? Where'd he go?".

Then I see a frog hopping around my screen, lol!

While 3x colors of the queen is nice (especially for levelling), I think 3x fast healing would have been a better choice for end game but there ya go.

BTW, enervation on Epic Envenomed Blade isn't working right now so don't rush to make one.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #205 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 1:33pm
Print Post  
You don't need completionist or any past lives for this to be amazing.

You'll just have slightly lower stats. no different than any other build.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #206 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
I'm worried about HP mostly. Just took 18 and sitting at just about 400, with a CON8 item. I guess Improved Evasion will compensate for it though. I'm guessing that getting Epic Destinies and decent weapons will make a big difference and won't let me worry as much.

If enervation isn't working for Epic Envenomed Blade then what would be a good alternative until Celestia? I'm guessing Epic Mournlode?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #207 - Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
you should be able to rack up ePL's fast in shiradi for more HP in Primal sphere if it's an issue.

Full Time tensers gives you 4 con you cant get anywhere else. You can self cast Rage.

Do you have:

40 False Life HP?
20 Vitality HP?
True Globe for +1 Exp Con?
+2-4 Insightful Con? (Aug, Item, Mystic Eld. Necklace, Planar Focus, etc)
35 HP Shroud Item?

Thats 100-140 HP right there.

If you need to, start your Dex at 18-19, take the small DPS hit, and pump up your Con. You'll be about 1% behind DPS from 20 starting con, but probably 28-56 HP ahead.

And yes, based on a lot of off-hand items no longer proccing with Thrown items mysteriously and recently, Celestia the best for most people. If you dont use planar set there are other options. For me I really like using a High Deception (6-7) with Seeker in my off hand. With a red slot for Positive energy it's even better. TF off hand of course is really nice too if you have ingredients for it (150 Pos, Dragons Edge, Draconic Reinvig or Healing Lore). Although I haven't tested Reinvigoration since they nerfed off-hand procs, not sure if it's even still working.
« Last Edit: Jun 18th, 2014 at 7:45pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #208 - Jun 19th, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
I'm still at 18 so I got a while to go before I have endgame gear. I guess I should start hunting down a True Globe.

For offhand I'll start with Celestia and make a TF as soon as I can. I'd really like to get a Deception weapon offhand but finding a shortsword or kama with it has been impossible so far. I'm wearing Golden Guile with the hopes to make one epic at some point.

This is the first toon where I'm actually sitting and really focusing on, my others I run up into epics then play a new toon, or TR someone. I'm thinking this one might get a lot of play so I'm willing to invest the time and resources.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #209 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
When do you generally start using shuriken as your primary weapon during heroic leveling? I have a star chucker at 14 that feels a bit lackluster, but I may have had my expectations warped a tad by getting used to the pastlifenmo wolf druid template.

Theologians don't know nothin' about my soul

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #210 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:21pm
Print Post  
By 18 I dominate kill counts in all groups on Khyber Every life I stoned to 18. I only stone to 18 now since I have Stones forever.

I don't know below that but I would say ones you have IPS, 10k, and over 45 Dex you'll be pretty bad ass. If you have a good Shuriken.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #211 - Jun 20th, 2014 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:21pm:
By 18 I dominate kill counts in all groups on Khyber Every life I stoned to 18. I only stone to 18 now since I have Stones forever.

I don't know below that but I would say ones you have IPS, 10k, and over 45 Dex you'll be pretty bad ass. If you have a good Shuriken.

Ok, so I really just need to tough it out till 15, as I pick up IPS, Shadow Dodge, and Cormyrian shuriken then. I'm only using Morning Star at the moment.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #212 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 10:36am
Print Post  
I've been using it since lvl 8 so, almost exclusively. I'm still using my trusty Snow Star. I was using a decent pair of handwraps for undead for a while for some content but use a shuriken for them now also. I just picked up IPS at 18 and it's my first time really giving it a try. I'm still getting used to how to target properly.

Lately I've been consolidating ingredients to make a couple Eveningstar shuriken and plan to make some Tforged items since I'm not really playing other toons. I should hopefully hit 20 today.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #213 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 11:37am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 20th, 2014 at 5:21pm:

Groups on khyber are pretty sucky if a shuri build in heroics can dominate over them. (sorry had to get this off my chest cuz you know.. necro.. sorcs aoe... bb.. cleaves.. fatall harried druid n such vs how much base damage per throw?)

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #214 - Jun 23rd, 2014 at 8:22pm
Print Post  
For me (not great gear, no awesome tomes, only 2nd life, nothing crafted) I'm sitting at 56 Dex. On normal attacks my first number is about 31ish, crits are about 90, SA is 20-30, then icy burst from snow star on crits which I crit on 13-20. I have deception and improved deception so I get a decent amount of SA.

Depending on the group I'll get a decent amount of kills. If there's a TR Sorc zerging then no, I'm on cleanup really. Last group I was in was doing some of the lvl 15 Druid quests in Estar on elite. I had easily twice as many kills as anyone else in the party including the TR FvS, but it was a pretty bad group. With a half decent group I'm at least keeping up but I'm still learning how to use IPS correctly.

But a decent caster is easily outkilling me. Haven't had many melees in my groups lately.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #215 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 9:08am
Print Post  
Just checked this morning, my first number non-crit is about 39 on average.

IP Logged

Vissarion
DQ Assaulter

Reply #216 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 8:22pm:
For me (not great gear, no awesome tomes, only 2nd life, nothing crafted) I'm sitting at 56 Dex. On normal attacks my first number is about 31ish, crits are about 90, SA is 20-30, then icy burst from snow star on crits which I crit on 13-20. I have deception and improved deception so I get a decent amount of SA.

Depending on the group I'll get a decent amount of kills. If there's a TR Sorc zerging then no, I'm on cleanup really. Last group I was in was doing some of the lvl 15 Druid quests in Estar on elite. I had easily twice as many kills as anyone else in the party including the TR FvS, but it was a pretty bad group. With a half decent group I'm at least keeping up but I'm still learning how to use IPS correctly.

But a decent caster is easily outkilling me. Haven't had many melees in my groups lately.

Can you break down your 56 Dex? I'm only hitting mid-forties or so.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #217 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Jun 23rd, 2014 at 11:37am:
Groups on khyber are pretty sucky if a shuri build in heroics can dominate over them. (sorry had to get this off my chest cuz you know.. necro.. sorcs aoe... bb.. cleaves.. fatall harried druid n such vs how much base damage per throw?)

Im also just better than about 95% of people i come across who play this game.

There was one necro specced wizard i ran with one life who challwnged me pretty good on some quests

But the range, damage, and CC of this build at 16-18 woth a frozen tunic and a heroic Elite morningstar should allow you dominate hard.

Druids have to get close to fatal harry, i usually have stuff dead by then. L this comment really convinces me of is that you dont really understand the build or how to play it.
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2014 at 1:38pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #218 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 9:18am:

Hmmmm... Let's see if I can do the math AND remember what I had at level 18 correctly...

20 start
4 increases
4 tome
9 item, ToD 6 w/ 2 insight, 1 exceptional
1 Litany, profane
2 Wind Stance
6 enhancements
4 Tensers
6 Shadow Dodge
2 Ship
-------------------
58 Total
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2014 at 2:13pm by ChewyOoeyGoOey »  

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #219 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 1:36pm:
Im also just better than about 95% of people i come across who play this game.

There was one necro specced wizard i ran with one life who challwnged me pretty good on some quests

But the range, damage, and CC of this build at 16-18 woth a frozen tunic and a heroic Elite morningstar should allow you dominate hard.

Druids have to get close to fatal harry, i usually have stuff dead by then. L this comment really convinces me of is that you dont really understand the build or how to play it.

I do understand as i played couple shuri builds from lv 1 to 28, but i also understand how you play a sorc in heroics or fsoul.
Example i will always pull a dozen mobs or invis pass em, press chain light ligh bolt and theyr all dead, while a shuri with ahm how much base dam needs to impr precise.
You might be a great player, but its just logicaly impossible that you can out kill a good fsoul or sorc /examples/ player in heroics with a shuri build.
Esp once you hit higher tier content like necro /sneak close to useless/ amarath /your dice damage is to low and you are dominated by insta kill builds etc etc.
I like shuri builds myself and il prolly do it on main once im tired of swf druid /which honestly cant happen anytime soon since its freaking amazing to zerg ees in less then 10 minutes while you scratch your ass and laugh like a lunatic how easy the game is on a apsolutely amazing build.
Example, soloed mirror on ee in 17 minutes in magister 5 /needed arcane sphere xp/ and will revist ee wgu again on this build since im pretty sure i can top my last completition with it, maybe make fastest overall but doubt tards will accept a 2weapon line swf druid on the tard forums.

My point being, your server /beside you/ must really suck if you didnt meet couple good fsoul or sorc players yet in heroics
« Last Edit: Jun 24th, 2014 at 4:11pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #220 - Jun 24th, 2014 at 4:46pm
Print Post  
Vissarion wrote on Jun 24th, 2014 at 9:18am:

20 Start
4 Tome
4 Levelups
8 Item (from some Wheloon quest end reward)
4 Tensers
6 Shadow Dodge
3 Wind Stance
2 Halfling Enh
2 EK Enh
1 NS Enh
2 Ship

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #221 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Youre ignoring the other obvious possibility which is that you're mistaken and this build, and probably others you are less familiar with can kill super easy heroic mobs just as ridiculously fast.

Of course maybe khyber is all just completely terrible like you said.

That seems really likely given its the largest server. (Sarcasm).

Just try to spend more time getting better with the build and gearing up, and less time making conclusions you don't really have real world data to support.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #222 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:07am
Print Post  
Real world data suppport... Yea right..
I have done all classes x3, all iconics x3, played every single build multiple times and closing triple epic compl without using a single box..
And i can assure you, a good caster WILL always OUTKILL a shuri in heroics.
EVEN THAT PARTICULAR BUILD.
Guidlie is played exactly this build.
And a caster in heroics will outkill him. And has.
ALWAYS.
Things change once shuri guys gets mortal and that is case of endgame and lv 28, but before then esp in heroics HE WONT EVER outkill a good caster.
Equally good caster and equally good shuri guy, without mortal shuri will always be behind from my own testing and experience, and i played with shuri guys that have soloed whatever you can imagine on their shuri builds.
With mortal and lv 28 gear it is superb, but before that its not even close to a good caster.
You either havent ever played a good caster or grouped with one if you are claiming a shuri can out kill em in heroics.
Case closed.
Real world data? Seems like you are a little blind and not understanding that lv 28 =/ lv 1-27.

Im not trolling or anything, i love this build, find it extremely fun, but my elitist asshole attitude cannot allow a false remark to go undiscussed since im a stubborn ox when it comes to things i know that are false.
To say, you havent played one, so you dont know is funny as i have played one, and i dont consider myself a terribad player.
But i have also played every other single thing and what a zerging wf sorc/drow with top gear can do in heroics a shuri cant.
Simply, you have access to enough sp to nuke every single quest in shortest ammount of time.
The 10 sorc 10 plife split is not popular for no particular reason.

Bdw accoring to data, highest population server is the one set up to be as default one, aka this time cannith.
Having a bunch of tards on server doesnt make your server pro
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:33am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Shadehater
Dropbear Awareness Society

Smite Stupid!

Reply #223 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:38pm
Print Post  
He never said he runs in parties with kill stealing casters 24/7.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #224 - Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Shadehater wrote on Jun 25th, 2014 at 1:38pm:
He never said he runs in parties with kill stealing casters 24/7.

Kill stealing casters?
How can you kill steal when you 1 shot or insta kill em?
Explain please.
Yes im being a ass, but only cuz i dont forgive retarded remarks and claims that are beyond idiotic and not truth.
Liking something and claiming its the best or something actually being good are 2 seperate worlds.
In case of shuri, its epic levels are good, its lv 28 is superb but its heroic levels are utter garbage compared to heroic tr zerg builds.
For people who dont know that, i can only say 1 thing: i feel sorry for you
« Last Edit: Jun 25th, 2014 at 2:11pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12
Send TopicPrint