Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 102971 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #175 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:23pm
Print Post  
Wait, wait ooze would proc on shuri if you have it in offhand?
Harrr, me thinks me got a fun thing to do once ban is lifted

Want to do a 12 ranger 6 monk 2 palie shuri, but option if you want to do shadow dodge would be 11 ranger 6 monk 3 rogue.
(il do the palie version since that template is rly nice for shuri/tempest so can do both builds when etring and get boring from one or the other, also nice to get martial/divine/primal ep plifes)
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 1:26pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #176 - May 10th, 2014 at 2:10pm
Print Post  
I go with the epic envenomed blade, and switch out to fully upgraded Rebellion.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #177 - May 10th, 2014 at 2:14pm
Print Post  
Pretty sure i have mats for blade, but no rebelion, totaly trashed it or passed to others when i pulled. But envenom should be ok, put devotion in it and viola

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #178 - May 10th, 2014 at 4:41pm
Print Post  
Still farming it, if someone wants to mail me a shard, I'd be happy : D
Almost to the point where I start rerolling EE chests.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #179 - May 12th, 2014 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
I'm looking to TR into a Halfling variant. I don't have completionist so it looks like it'll work out about the same in the end. Plus if things ever get fixed then I think Halfling will be the way to go, and I don't plan to TR this toon again.

I'd like to try with fewer Monk levels but it seems like the feats won't work out. I think 12/5/3 ends up being the perfect split.
« Last Edit: May 12th, 2014 at 3:37pm by Packfan »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #180 - May 12th, 2014 at 3:55pm
Print Post  
you could do a really cool 11 Wiz/6 Monk/3 Rogue Halfing that is undead. I like High Elf better SA range and AA options, but halfning would be cool too.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #181 - May 12th, 2014 at 4:18pm
Print Post  
I suppose Improved Evasion isn't a necessity but it does look like I can make the feats work as a 9Mnk/6Wiz/5Rog or 9Mnk/6Rog/5Wiz split. No completionist and no need for dodge means I can use one of the Monk feats for Shuri expertise and the normal feat for Master of Forms. 6Rog would let me pick up Tumbler which is nice without twisting Unearthly Reactions.

I looked at builds with more Wiz but I couldn't find a synergy I liked. Ideally I'd want 12 Wiz for Wraith and undead healing but that means giving up Shadow Dodge which is a big loss.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #182 - May 12th, 2014 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
you could also us SD like me and then you have the option of ShadowForm

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #183 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Yeah, more Wiz has its appeal, but if the goal is to use it for self-healing then it won't work for me, since having to recast auras just isn't my style. I want enough SP to be able to cast whatever buffs I need, plus some healing. I thought about a Bladeforged route, which might actually work better for a 2nd life for me, which saves a twist for healing and would give me more time to unlock more trees, but it would definitely be behind in DEX.

I appreciate the discussion. Maybe I'll go Forged with a 9/6/5 split for now, get into epics quicker to get more items/ingreds/etc, then TR into a halfling for a third life so I don't have to rely on others to open elite in heroic content.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #184 - May 13th, 2014 at 10:12am
Print Post  
Ugh, scratch that. Can't afford to give up that much starting Dex AND Wis. Looks like Halfling is the way to go for me for now, or elf for the sexy SA range.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #185 - May 13th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Did the halfling thrower enhancements get fixed in the current Lama build? I have nearly got my candidate toon ready for TR'ing into this build  Cheesy

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #186 - May 13th, 2014 at 11:23am
Print Post  
I don't know, I was hoping to future-proof mine a bit if they ever did though. I just put my similar build in a planner and was able to work out all the same feats (except dodge, which I won't need). I'm just about to TR, if my connection let's me get into the game.

Using a base of 6Mnk/5Wiz/3Rog, there are certainly a lot of ways you can build, they're all flavors of decent base. It's perfect for me who hates scrolling things unless absolutely necessary, and short-term buffs would just never get scrolled. I'm looking forward to trying it.

My lack of any decent throwers means I'll probably go through half my levelling as a stick build.

IP Logged

Persiflage
Abbot Raider

Reply #187 - May 14th, 2014 at 4:02am
Print Post  
No, I can't abide using short-term scrolls either; it takes too much time out of killing things.  I don't even tend to use clickies of sub 5 minutes, except for set-piece encounters where I know they're going to be particularly useful. 

I see your point about the platform, but I find I'm balking a little at giving up Improved Evasion (although that ought not to be necessary on such a high-dex build) and Master of Forms as a freebie...  there's just No Such Thing as too many feats Cheesy

stainer wrote on May 16th, 2013 at 9:26am:
Oh you are good. I will be watching you.

QuantumFX wrote on Jun 5th, 2013 at 11:11am:
You are an evil human being. 

m4lacka wrote on Mar 29th, 2014 at 7:04am:
wow that post hurt a lot more than any of the namecalling i expected. Now I see why ppl consider you evil.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #188 - May 14th, 2014 at 7:29am
Print Post  
For me the feats ended up coming out the same with a 9Mnk/6Rog/5Wiz halfling. I don't have completionist, so that freed me up some space. I didn't need Dodge due to Uncanny Dodge as a freebie. So I could fit in Shuri Expertise as my first monk feat, and Master of Forms as my lvl 12 feat. Worked out perfectly.

Levelling with a 6 starting STR on the other hand... that's the toughest part so far.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #189 - May 14th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Hit lvl 4 so I get Dex to dmg with shuriken now, and with a 29 Dex I'm getting a decent chance to make a second throw (and a third) considering the level.

My only issue is that I'm not getting offhand procs with my returner. I'm assuming only some returners get procs? I have a really nice offhand kama I was hoping to use.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #190 - May 14th, 2014 at 11:49pm
Print Post  
What's the Kama that isn't working?

I'm going through a life right now as a 9 Rogue, 6 Monk 5 Wizard Elf and I'm LOVING it.

Also based on speed tests, I no longer think the build requires Blinding Speed. Therefore, you can take epic reflex and FUCK Improved Evasion. My reflex at 28 is like 80. With Epic Reflex, forget IE for good.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #191 - May 15th, 2014 at 7:17am
Print Post  
I have a lacerating kama in my offhand currently, and not getting slicing or bleed.

I have a maiming kama I can try, and a shortsword I can try now too. The shuri I'm using is a randgen +1 returning silver, or something along those lines. Pretty vanilla.

There aren't many options on the AH for returners (none last time I looked), and even offhand weapons don't have a ton of choices.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #192 - May 15th, 2014 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 7:17am:
I have a lacerating kama in my offhand currently, and not getting slicing or bleed.

I have a maiming kama I can try, and a shortsword I can try now too. The shuri I'm using is a randgen +1 returning silver, or something along those lines. Pretty vanilla.

There aren't many options on the AH for returners (none last time I looked), and even offhand weapons don't have a ton of choices.

Those have never and will never proc offhand. Off hand procs for shuriken are never ON HIT effects like that.

They are percentage based, attack based effects, like lightning strike.

IP Logged

NotKel
Korthos Resident

Reply #193 - May 15th, 2014 at 12:56pm
Print Post  
Packfan wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 7:17am:

Your pretty much stuck with the shadow star and snow star till you can use a GS shuriken.  If you craft you could use those. Things start to be pickup once you get to 16 and get a ES shuriken.

As for offhand weapons, seeker isn't to bad at that level. You could make something like a lit II kama or short sword  for the lightning proc, or another type of GS combo.  Armor piercing works too.

Or if your lucky find one of those old acid torrent, Electric Storm, Fiery Detonation , or Freezing Gale random loot weapons.
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 12:57pm by NotKel »  

IP Logged

Jiudark
Korthos Resident

Dislike Drama.

Reply #194 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
I've made a LitII shortsword and it never proc'd lightning while using a shuriken.  Same with alchemical anything offhand (except the tier 3 AOE stuff worked fine). 
I've tried enervation GS shrtswrd also, and that didn't work either.  I also tried an old ooze rapier, which uncentered me and also never proc'd ooze sunder.  All this was versus dummy and in dungeons.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 2:07pm by Jiudark »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #195 - May 15th, 2014 at 2:32pm
Print Post  
Jiudark wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:06pm:
I've made a LitII shortsword and it never proc'd lightning while using a shuriken.  Same with alchemical anything offhand (except the tier 3 AOE stuff worked fine). 
I've tried enervation GS shrtswrd also, and that didn't work either.  I also tried an old ooze rapier, which uncentered me and also never proc'd ooze sunder.  All this was versus dummy and in dungeons.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Enervation on my Epic Envenomed blade works great.

It would seem CRAFTED off hand weapons, like GS and Alchemical, are either no longer, or never did, proc effects with a shuriken.

Case in points is Epic envenomed blade enervation and armor piercing, or Celestias Greater Sunburst proc, which both work great.

Lootgen/Named for offhand procs only I guess. I have tested TF Draconic Reinvigoration and Armor peircing and both apply off hand however.

IP Logged

NotKel
Korthos Resident

Reply #196 - May 15th, 2014 at 4:32pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 2:32pm:
It would seem CRAFTED off hand weapons, like GS and Alchemical, are either no longer, or never did, proc effects with a shuriken.

Good to know. I won't waste mats on these then.

IP Logged

Packfan
Waterworks Kobold

It's personal

Reply #197 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Looks like I need to research a list of good offhand affixes then, because the damage just isn't there in these early levels so I've just been using handwraps and meleeing everything down. Even with my terrible STR it's still faster.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #198 - May 15th, 2014 at 5:44pm
Print Post  
yes, you should be leveling with SS's with your dex after level 3, or 4 if you took rogue@1

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

playing ddo

Reply #199 - May 15th, 2014 at 6:20pm
Print Post  
On any monk related build/dex based i just use breeze and chieftain spear in heroics, no matter the focus.
Mainly since breeze is so much freaking fun, one of rare things i realy love in ddo
« Last Edit: May 15th, 2014 at 6:20pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12
Send TopicPrint