Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Meteor Shower: Updated u22 Halfling (Read 103049 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: The Meteor Shower: 12Monk/5Wizard/3Rogue
Reply #150 - May 9th, 2014 at 12:51pm
Print Post  
Also, that's without 10k, there would be even more scrolling numbers there it if was active of course

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #151 - May 9th, 2014 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 12:51pm:
Also, that's without 10k, there would be even more scrolling numbers there it if was active of course

That's about the same with any other variations that i have played and they reach around 70 DEX.  I actually expected a bit more damage considering this build can reach up to 85 DEX, even more with a slight gimping.

Divine Crusader is also a viable ED for a huge source of base damage.  Of course you won't be able to stun mobs as much as in shiradi, but a Thunderforged shuriken with Paralyzing and twisting Pin performs flawlessly.

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #152 - May 9th, 2014 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 8:49am:
A lot of talk about rate of fire, but how is your base damage? (in shiradi)
I suspect it shouldn't be that different from other variants, I'm curious.

Well my build is called "the Sand blaster" so that should answer your question! 

The front end damage is blah, just whatever my dex bonus gives me plus some enchanment, The first number is seldom over 90, I don't chase the drow weapon pluses on my build, just looking for volume.

The key for me is the spellplauge Shuriken, double rainbow, poison quiver, AA imbue, etc.. I try to stack as many numbers into each throw as possible, so lots and lots of smaller numbers, hence "sand blaster".  When using the right spellplauge shuriken every throw has at least 10 separate numbers attached, really fills the screen quickly.

On a side note when I throw my ranged attacks like slaying shot, and mercy shot, they all get multiplied just as every other shot, so on those I do stack up some heavy damage, I try to jump back into archer focus to build up Dam % before throwing those if possible, but otherwise use the Improved precise shot to cc with the shuriken.  The most I have ever gotten was 6 slaying shuriken spawned with 10k stars running with all 6 doing 750+.

Hope that helps some.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 3:45pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #153 - May 9th, 2014 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 3:07pm:
That's about the same with any other variations that i have played and they reach around 70 DEX.  I actually expected a bit more damage considering this build can reach up to 85 DEX, even more with a slight gimping.

Divine Crusader is also a viable ED for a huge source of base damage.  Of course you won't be able to stun mobs as much as in shiradi, but a Thunderforged shuriken with Paralyzing and twisting Pin performs flawlessly.

lol the extra damage doesn't come in base damage silly.

It comes from MORE SHURIKEN. The point of the dex is Shuriken procs.

And no, DC is not a good ED for this build. It's not terrible and it's DEF not the worst, but without 6 Dex available in Tree, you lose 12% shuriken procs. Also with a build whose damage comes equally from base damage and PROCS, this is unacceptable. 10% base damage in your aura is not going to cut it. Neither it +4 base damage. If they fix the +1 Competence Crit, then yes, DC starts to look a bit more interesting to me.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #154 - May 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well my build is called "the Sand blaster" so that should answer your question! 

The front end damage is blah, just whatever my dex bonus gives me plus some enchanment, The first number is seldom over 90, I don't chase the drow weapon pluses on my build, just looking for volume.

The key for me is the spellplauge Shuriken, double rainbow, poison quiver, AA imbue, etc.. I try to stack as many numbers into each throw as possible, so lots and lots of smaller numbers, hence "sand blaster".  When using the right spellplauge shuriken every throw has at least 10 separate numbers attached, really fills the screen quickly.

On a side note when I throw my ranged attacks like slaying shot, and mercy shot, they all get multiplied just as every other shot, so on those I do stack up some heavy damage, I try to jump back into archer focus to build up Dam % before throwing those if possible, but otherwise use the Improved precise shot to cc with the shuriken.  The most I have ever gotten was 6 slaying shuriken spawned with 10k stars running with all 6 doing 750+.

Hope that helps some.

Proc damage is highest on properly built TF weapons at end game, not Spelltouched shurikens. They are nice for ETR'ing though.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #155 - May 9th, 2014 at 5:07pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 5:00pm:
Proc damage is highest on properly built TF weapons at end game, not Spelltouched shurikens. They are nice for ETR'ing though.

You sir, are entirely welcome to your opinion  Smiley

I have been running this guy for quite a while and I know what works best in mine  Smiley

I have TF shuriken, and have even built them properly, and my conclusion was the spellplauge had more impact overall.

But I am still very eager to try some of your fantastic ideas here.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 5:09pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #156 - May 9th, 2014 at 6:33pm
Print Post  
Its not speculation, it's just math.

Touch of Flames: 10-60 = 35 Average Proc Damge
Dragons Edge or Aoe Fire Proc: DE is 70*.1 = 7 Average Damage per hit
Mortal Fear = 8 to 64:   36 Average Proc Damage, but it's ENORMOUS power  comes in it's 5% proc which does thousands of damage to mobs if they have thousands of hitpoint. This is almost impossible to Calculate on a per/throw basis, but it VASTLY eclipses any other proc on TF and all possible procs on a Spelltouched.

Som 35 + 7 + 36 = 78 Proc Damage per throw + unclaculable proc effect on non red/purple mobs that does THOUSANDS of damage 5% of the time.

Please, tell me where you get a spelltouched Shuriken that can do that. It is my opinion that such a weapon does not exist.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #157 - May 9th, 2014 at 7:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 6:33pm:
Please, tell me where you get a spelltouched Shuriken that can do that. It is my opinion that such a weapon does not exist.

I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference, but eveningstar throwers have spellplague feature. Which will randomly take any 4 effects from the list of procs and add them to your throw-stacking.

Not uncommon to get element/holy/light 2d6, up to 4 times a single star. Shroud procs like Lit2/magma up to twice. And up to 2 of lifestealing, paralyze, and few others.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #158 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Yup eveningstar challange Shuriken, I have bought and recycled about three dozen in the past year until I got ones that were just what I needed.

Also of note, the Lv 24 ES shuriken actually produces 8 effects on each throw the first four are set as the weapon, the the second four effects are randomly generated every time the shuriken is thrown.

This combined with improved precise shot in any kind of crowd of none red named produces erosion.

For Red names I will switch out to some other star on occasion.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #159 - May 9th, 2014 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 7:25pm:
I'm not sure if it makes a huge difference, but eveningstar throwers have spellplague feature. Which will randomly take any 4 effects from the list of procs and add them to your throw-stacking.

Not uncommon to get element/holy/light 2d6, up to 4 times a single star. Shroud procs like Lit2/magma up to twice. And up to 2 of lifestealing, paralyze, and few others.

I have 20 or so Corm shurikens, I am well aware of how they work.

So tell me a combo that compares to a TF shuriken.

The key here is RANDOM. Only the stated effects are static, the other ones change everytime you throw it. And LOTS of the possible procs from a Corm weapon are not good (Imp Curse anyone?).

I'm sorry but you can only assume about 1.5 good procs on average from Spell Plague over and above the static stated procs on the shuriken itself. The rest will be garbage, just as they are when you generate them. 1 out of 30 times you get a good star that's a keeper. That's still true when you throw them and they gen randomly as spellplague missle. They're just slightly less bad when you have 4 good static effects. And no four static effects on a Corm come close to a TF. The only argument that's worth making I feel about Corm throwers is that they have a small potential to do a little more CC. But who cares Nerve Venom is the only CC that matters. Its too spotty and random otherwise.

And NONE of them are good enough to beat out a TF. Only maybe level drain comes close, and that is very rare amongst the possible random procs each throw. Moreover, all TF can have a Mabar level drain augment in addition to Crippling Flames, vastly outpacing a Corm thrower through level draining.

Sorry, but I'm not convinced.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 8:54pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #160 - May 9th, 2014 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Lets just look hypothetically at an ideal Cormyrian throw for fun:

First Static Mod: 2-12, avg 7 per missle (whatever, light, fire, frost, you pick) - Dealers Choice!

Second Static Mod: 9.15 dmg/hit avg. with Lightning Strike. I'm fairly certain this highest consistent DPS mutation for the second effect.

Third Static Mod: This one is utility, and there are no DPS options short of I think Imp Curse/Curse which are horrendous. Set this to Life Stealing, or Crippling which is semi useful. This makes it even with the slot on a TF you can put a Level Drain augment in which you should if it's for trash. Meteoric for trash immune to level drain/bosses. Edit: Sorry. There is a small DPS one that can go here over Level Drain: Roaring which is 2-12 on a crit so 7.5*0.10 = basically nothing ok it's really .75 damage per missle/per throw. Changing absolutely none of the calculus here.

Fourth Static Mod: There are all sorts of horrible things that can spawn here on a Corm star that ruin what would otherwise be a top shelf weapon. Alas, there are 2 good mutations for this tier: Hemorrhaging and Fracturing. Since one only works on stuff with blood, and the other only works on stuff with bones, and since they're so close in damage, let's just say 7.5 average damage here.

so:

7+9.15+7.5= 23.65 Damage.

Now, let's get crazy. Let's just say every single time you threw a cormyrian thrower with these idealized stats, Unbelievably, every. single. time. the spellplague effects were the very same idealized ones on the star itself!!1!?. Wouldn't that be a sight.

So 23.65x2 =  47.3 avg damage per missle/per throw. Well, as I mentioned above, in calculable proc damage without an augment slotted a properly constructed TF shuriken is doing 78 Damage per missle/per throw. And that's WITHOUT it's base damage increase over a Corm which is 2(d2) vs. the TF's 4.5(d2), which in and of itself is 3.75 dmg per missle/per throw.

No possible mutation of a lvl 24 Cormyrian shuriken in any conceivable situation could ever possibly do even 75% of the proc and base damage of a Thunderforged shuriken, as demonstrated in this example.

And of course, that's only if your Spelltouched never procced Aligned, or Silver, or Curse, or Paralyze, or Parrying, or Freezing Ice, or or or or.....

Does that make sense?

Edit 2:TF Tier 3 are +12! vs. a Corm's +6. So add ANOTHER 6 on TF over and above a Cormyrian, which was not included in the original calculation for TF shuriken damage. I wouldn't be surprised if the damage difference between a Corm and TF Teir 3 in real world play wasn't in the neighborhood of say...Corms doing 40% the DPS of a Tier 3 TF shuriken.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 9:25pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #161 - May 9th, 2014 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
I used only ES shurikens, and I finally just got my hands on a TF, my damage increased tremendously.
Aint gonna do any math, on my phone.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #162 - May 9th, 2014 at 10:46pm
Print Post  
Ha!! you will not convince me with you Maths and rational Thought Sir!!! ha ha ha!  I am immune to it!!!

Now pardon me as I put fingers in my ears and shout "nyah -nyah, nay nay!!!! I cant hear you!!! la la la la!!!!"  in a effort to save face, in a argument I am clearly losing.
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 10:48pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #163 - May 9th, 2014 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
To be honest, I had not done this math to date. Even I did not know just HOW MUCH better a TF was than a Cormyrian. This shows that it's not even close. Although, proc damage is usually about equal to base damage, and if you build correctly, your Sneak Attack should be around 60-70 as well. SO, that lwoered proc damage is actually skewed a bit down since it's 50% of the Thunderforged, but proc damage is only representing 33-50% of the toal weapon damage in actuality.

So lets say:

Base Damage is about 90% because of the huge Enchantment Bonus Difference
Proc Damage is about 50%
and SA is unchanged at 100

1+.9+.5 = 2.4 vs. 3 for TF. .6 is 25%. So, in a perfectly ideal situation with a perfect Corm star and perfect procs, it's truly 25% behind. Again, the procs aren't nearly perfect, we can guesstimate the best mutation of Cormyrian star you can get safely to be  about 33% worse than a Thunderforged. 
« Last Edit: May 9th, 2014 at 11:16pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #164 - May 9th, 2014 at 11:42pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 11:09pm:
Star master speaks

Thank you for the highly informative and in-depth explanation. Many of my friends will be tr'ing out of monkcher, and into star chuckers.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #165 - May 9th, 2014 at 11:59pm
Print Post  
I am big enough man to admit wrong.

help meeeeeee!!! I'm meeeeeeeelting!!! must not admit error on vault........aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa..........sob sob

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #166 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:04am
Print Post  
glad to help

IP Logged

mattyboy
Ex Member

Reply #167 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:07am
Print Post  
don't look at me!!!

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #168 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:37am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on May 9th, 2014 at 4:56pm:
And no, DC is not a good ED for this build. It's not terrible and it's DEF not the worst, but without 6 Dex available in Tree, you lose 12% shuriken procs.

You seem to know how to do math, but then you keep posting inacurate conversions like this.

The comparisons between spelltouched and thunderforged are bang on though, not sure what mayyboy was thinking there.

*goes back to studying for calculus exam*

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #169 - May 10th, 2014 at 12:56am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 10th, 2014 at 12:37am:
You seem to know how to do math, but then you keep posting inacurate conversions like this.

The comparisons between spelltouched and thunderforged are bang on though, not sure what mayyboy was thinking there.

*goes back to studying for calculus exam*

Let me try and work this out.

I throw a Shuriken with 50 Dex, and Shuriken Exp and Ninja Spy Core 2.

I throw 1 Shuriken, and on average I throw 1 more (not exactly but it's real close). Lets say each Shuriken does 10 Damage for simplicity.

so I'm throwing 1+(.5)+(.5).

For 20 Avg Damage.

So in this case If i increase my Dex by 6, I now throw:

1+(.56)+(.56)= 2.12

for 21.2 Pts of damage.

and 1.2 is 5.6% Damage increase. Ok fine. You win.

But if I increase my Dex by 30 Points to 80:

1+.8+.8 = 2.6
26 Avg Damage

6 is 30% of 20 so 30 Dex in this case is 30%. How would this graph?

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 1:05am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #170 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:06am
Print Post  
As Dex approaches 80, 1 point of dex approaches 1% damage for purposes of shuriken procs/missles (as in total DPS). This would be further increased by the increase in base damage when Dex is the ability mod to damage...I guess?
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 1:12am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Arbitoroflife
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #171 - May 10th, 2014 at 11:16am
Print Post  
I am having a little issue with this build, how do you get your wisdom up there?
I started with a 16, at level 25 i have
+8 item (trying to move around for shadowsight's +9)
+1 exceptional
+3 insightful
+2 pot
+2 ship
+3 tome (only have full set of +3's)
= 35 wisdom, fairly low in my opinion.
With full gear
11 item
1 exceptional
3 insight
2 pot
2 ship
3 tome
= 38 total, which is better, but not optimal.

What am I missing?

And on a side note, what, other then celestia and epic envenomed blades, is good for offhand?
I don't have ES pack, so cant get celestia atm, and been farming out the damn Envenomed blade shard for 3 days now.
« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 11:43am by Arbitoroflife »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #172 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:02pm
Print Post  
epic envenomed blade is awesoem for trash because of enervation or until you get dragons edge for it's armor piercing. And it has a red slot which is great.

Also, get the highest Deception Weapon you can (V-VII for +10-14 SA damage) you can too if you've gone SA route and have deception/iDeception on body slots. Celestia is only about 5 damage/throw which is easily eclipsed by most proc effects (disintegration, LS, etc) BUT it's AoE, and it has a blind effect so it's quite good on trash for that reason. It's a real shitty weapon to use to take down a big bag of HP though.

And of course, Thunderforged. I recently made a really nice Earth, Water, Fire Alchemical Kama and sadly NONE of the procs which work on other off hands (Earthgrab, Corrosive Salt, Crushing Wave) were proccing on my shuriken. I think it's specific to Alchemicals but they don't work as off hands Sad

Greensteal too can be good for some things like a Heal Amp stick, or Ooze just for fun Smiley

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 1:04pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #173 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:05pm
Print Post  
ps: in the SS I have a abishai cookies running, which give + 4 Alchem Wis, Int and Cha. Another temp source of Alchem Wisdom comes from pots (House D I believe) and Alchemical weapons (Tier 2 Water).

« Last Edit: May 10th, 2014 at 1:06pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #174 - May 10th, 2014 at 1:07pm
Print Post  
I have a +5 Wisdom tome and a Litany, though I usually run eGem of many facets over Litany.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12
Send TopicPrint