Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Sun Elf Cleric (Read 28178 times)
Fire Foot in mouth
Ex Member

Re: Sun Elf Cleric
Reply #50 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:16am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 3:52am:
9 seconds sir.

foooooooooorever Undecided

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:38am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 4:39am:
Rotations with alacrity are different.

Which rotations?  Splain?

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:47am
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 3:52am:
9 seconds sir.

thanks, that's quite awesome.

you happen to also know if the DC is WIS based? or is it CHA?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #53 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 6:23am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:38am:
Which rotations?  Splain? 

All of them. It's different for each build of course, but when all of your spell cooldowns are reduced by 10% but your SLAs are not affected then the optimal rotation game plays out differently.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Sep 23rd, 2014 at 7:38am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:47am:

I am pretty certain it's wisdom based. I'll confirm later today and inform you.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 1:43am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 6:23am:
All of them. It's different for each build of course, but when all of your spell cooldowns are reduced by 10% but your SLAs are not affected then the optimal rotation game plays out differently.

Oh of course, but I thought we were talking about sorcs Tongue

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #56 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 2:11am
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Sep 24th, 2014 at 1:43am:
Oh of course, but I thought we were talking about sorcs Tongue

No one was, but if we were I would still recommend taking Alacrity over Energy Criticals...unless you are concerned about SP conservation.

Having both to toggle as needed is ideal though.

EDIT: I would respect Energy Criticals more if it worked on all spells instead of just acid/cold/fire/sonic/electric.
« Last Edit: Sep 24th, 2014 at 2:13am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #57 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 11:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Sep 24th, 2014 at 2:11am:
No one was, but if we were I would still recommend taking Alacrity over Energy Criticals...unless you are concerned about SP conservation.

Having both to toggle as needed is ideal though.

EDIT: I would respect Energy Criticals more if it worked on all spells instead of just acid/cold/fire/sonic/electric.

In case you played a dc sorc, that doesnt use force at all you would respect it more then alatricity Wink

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 23rd, 2014 at 5:47am:

Best of WIS/CHA.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:34am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on Sep 24th, 2014 at 12:04pm:
Best of WIS/CHA.

for morninglord capstone?

asking to be sure you didn't meant EA sun bolt

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #60 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:32am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 7:34am:
for morninglord capstone?

asking to be sure you didn't meant EA sun bolt

Donno what u're on about. Morninglord does not have a capstone.

The description for the divine disciple core enhancement: http://ddowiki.com/page/Sun_Bolt (I compared this against my screenshot from the in game version)

It doesn't say the dc, unlike EA's. For my toon it's definitely wisdom based.
« Last Edit: Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:45am by Angry »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 9:09am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 8:32am:
Donno what u're on about. Morninglord does not have a capstone.

The description for the divine disciple core enhancement: http://ddowiki.com/page/Sun_Bolt (I compared this against my screenshot from the in game version)

It doesn't say the dc, unlike EA's. For my toon it's definitely wisdom based.

Ascendancy: Passive: You gain +2 Charisma and +2 to two skills.
Active: You are able to cast a low level spell at will without using spell points. Choose One:
Bolt of the Sun: You gain +2 to the Diplomacy and Spellcraft skills, and are able to cast the spell Sun Bolt at will without using spell points.
Requires Favored by Amaunator

AOV capstone, for FR races who can worship (only) Amaunator. It's not restricted to morninglord indeed, PDK and SDK are eligible too.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 9:20am
Print Post  
Smiley AOV, not morninglord, would think it works like the DD one.

Curious.. the only way to get it is to LR+1? That's kind of idiotic.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 9:20am:
Smiley AOV, not morninglord, would think it works like the DD one.

Curious.. the only way to get it is to LR+1? That's kind of idiotic.

Idiotic or profitable?

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #64 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 6:26pm
Print Post  
SayWhatAgain wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 5:59pm:
Idiotic or profitable?

Depends on from whose point of view you're looking at it. I'm looking at it from the player's point of view, and I find it idiotic.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #65 - Sep 25th, 2014 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 6:26pm:
Depends on from whose point of view you're looking at it. I'm looking at it from the player's point of view, and I find it idiotic.

Says the person who tried to demonstrate that a first life cleric could solo EEs by spending 22 store pots and 13 greater cakes in a quest (and a lot of time, but guess it's negligible).
But don't get me wrong, not trying to argue with you, in that field you are surely an expert.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #66 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:45am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 25th, 2014 at 6:50pm:
Says the person who tried to demonstrate that a first life cleric could solo EEs by spending 22 store pots and 13 greater cakes in a quest (and a lot of time, but guess it's negligible).
But don't get me wrong, not trying to argue with you, in that field you are surely an expert.

I find it interesting how when I take the player's side againt Turbine, that some vaultie is gonna make a comment like this. Maybe I need to just turn fanboi. Would that make u happy?

I find it idiotic that they have added an enhancement choice that can only be acheived through LR. That is a design flaw imo... unless it's code added for the future when iconics will no longer be locked to their class?

And u are for sure trying to argue with me. If someone tells me I can't solo shit for being a 32p build non shiradi, I say they don't know what they're talking about. How much resources I spend is my choice. Again, I know multi TRs who can't solo ees at all. It's less about your toon and more about interest and determination.

Now go back to sucking cock, as u're much better at it.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 4:40am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 12:45am:
I find it interesting how when I take the player's side againt Turbine, that some vaultie is gonna make a comment like this.
I find it idiotic that they have added an enhancement choice that can only be acheived through LR. That is a design flaw imo... unless it's code added for the future when iconics will no longer be locked to their class?

Your player defending effort is very inspirational, except you lack  facts and logic.  The usual you.

Setting aside the raison d'etre and balance of iconics, they are supposed to have a predetermined class, if someone chooses to shell money to make a bladeforge barb or bard - that's his own fucking (mental) problem, no one compelled him.
In case of the AOV capstone for FR races - it didn't exist initially, when iconics were introduced. It was introduced some patches after, because (bingo!) players demanded it.

Maybe I need to just turn fanboi. Would that make u happy?

It will make me happy if you get some reason, but meh, the smartest thing which will ever pass your head will be some wasted guy's dick.

And u are for sure trying to argue with me. If someone tells me I can't solo shit for being a 32p build non shiradi, I say they don't know what they're talking about. How much resources I spend is my choice. Again, I know multi TRs who can't solo ees at all. It's less about your toon and more about interest and determination.

I fully agree that 1st lifers could solo EE, guess no one would argue with that in general. Just depends on which EE and for DC casters is getting hairier, and that was the point of Lelouch, I suppose.

Of course the resources spent are your own problem, but color me confused, if I understand how drinking pots like a Finish white collar drinks vodka in a Friday evening, popping 14 times and spending 1.5 hours in a shortish quest proves your point?
Your brilliant demonstration proves only that if you bash your head against the wall enough times, the smartest thing will resign (the wall in this case, pointing out for you, just in case).

Now go back to sucking cock, as u're much better at it.

Your insults are repetitive, boring and generally lame.
Go ingest some semen, maybe one of the spermatozoa will implant in your empty skull and will pose as a neuron.
Then you will progress from vegetable state to ultra retard, and might be able to come up with something new.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #68 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:13am
Print Post  
Limpgimp wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 4:40am:
In case of the AOV capstone for FR races - it didn't exist initially, when iconics were introduced. It was introduced some patches after, because (bingo!) players demanded it.

Players demanded a capstone that can only be achieved by LR'ing? I find that hard to believe.

I fully agree that 1st lifers could solo EE, guess no one would argue with that in general. Just depends on which EE and for DC casters is getting hairier, and that was the point of Lelouch, I suppose.

Now you are making assumptions, and changing the subject. Lelouch's statement was "for ee's you need past lives". He did not even specify for ee's solo, or for fast ee's or anything. He said "for ee's you need past lives". I called bullshit and he changed his statement over and over.

Of course the resources spent are your own problem, but color me confused, if I understand how drinking pots like a Finish white collar drinks vodka in a Friday evening, popping 14 times and spending 1.5 hours in a shortish quest proves your point?

OR's posted "First EE FoT on the server", one of the fvs posted that he used 89 pots. This was my first attempt at soloing, I know I could do it better with some practice, the reason I spent so much was because I didn't play smart. Are you telling me that your caster cleric never pots?

Your insults are repetitive, boring and generally lame.

I'm not trying to entertain you with my "insults". I'm just consistent in my opinion of you.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:37am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:13am:
ee's solo, or for fast ee's or anything.

The standard would be solo, fast, high level ees. Doing that on first life dc caster takes an hour, 14 cakes, and 20 pots. that isn't really a thing
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:37am by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #70 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:54am
Print Post  
Players demanded a capstone that can only be achieved by LR'ing? I find that hard to believe.

I did a quick search, feel free to help me out.

Is this what you call "players demanded it"?

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/415367-The-Official-Favored-Soul-Enhan...

If so, you (Limpdick) have pretty similar definition as some of the devs.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #71 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:37am:
The standard would be solo, fast, high level ees. Doing that on first life dc caster takes an hour, 14 cakes, and 20 pots. that isn't really a thing
'

Ruby, I'm not in the mood. Go hump someone else.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #72 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Angry wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 5:55am:
'

Ruby, I'm not in the mood. Go hump someone else.

I can make a first life pure barb give him th forged gear and it can solo most ee-s.
BUT, is it efficient?
NO.
Why?
Because he could be so much better as a tr.
A cleric is a entirely different story.
The difference in at least 5-6 dc matters for any content.

IT always matterd, it will matter and people who say it does not are utterly retarded and unable to understand mechanics how dc casting works in ddo.
I mean im not pointing at you and accusing you of being such a person, but your posts prove that you want to be one of those.

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:34am
Print Post  
OR's posted "First EE FoT on the server", one of the fvs posted that he used 89 pots. This was my first attempt at soloing, I know I could do it better with some practice, the reason I spent so much was because I didn't play smart. Are you telling me that your caster cleric never pots?

Seems you don't understand the difference between first EE completion of the high end raid (at that time) and completion of a quest which is trivial to many people.
Yeah, potting through a raid completion is still bruteforcing it, for a shiny achievement. Difference is, in your case there is no achievement.
I don't have a caster cleric, but I do pot sometimes, not necessarily on casters. That's not the point.
I consider I can reliably solo an EE only if I can make it without deaths, and preferably without pots or with 1-2 if something goes wrong. Spending couple hours in a quest is also not my favorite hobby. YMMV.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #74 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:39am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Sep 26th, 2014 at 6:18am:
I can make a first life pure barb give him th forged gear and it can solo most ee-s.
BUT, is it efficient?
NO.
Why?
Because he could be so much better as a tr.
A cleric is a entirely different story.
The difference in at least 5-6 dc matters for any content.

IT always matterd, it will matter and people who say it does not are utterly retarded and unable to understand mechanics how dc casting works in ddo.
I mean im not pointing at you and accusing you of being such a person, but your posts prove that you want to be one of those.

I'm wondering why you're going on and on about this when all I was saying that your initial statement was incorrect. I have never argued against the fact that higher dc's are better. For crying out loud I'm planning to (if I ever get there with the pace I play) a DC sorc for high end content with completionist + 3x wiz, fvs and sorc PL's. This has been my plan since I made this toon. But he's also getting epic past lives on the way, and I'm working broadening my experience as a whole... so I'm progressing slow.

But I also have my cleric who is an experiment in herself. For eH content she has proven to kill stuff a lot faster than my other toons, just for the fact that she is a wisdom maxed light nuker with gear. She is not as efficient in ee's as some other builds would be.. but she's not half bad either. Stuff dies, I have fun.

I have no interest in building a "flavor of the month" min/max builds that everyone plays, if I was I would be playing a monkcher or a wraps druid/ monk.

So to wrap it up, if there's a will, there's a way. Next time say what you mean and don't make half assed statements.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 
Send TopicPrint