Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic Character Builder (Read 4625 times)
3000 Year Old Necromancer
Korthos Resident

TNT knows Drama!

Character Builder
Sep 26th, 2014 at 10:40am
Print Post  

Skoodge wrote on Nov 4th, 2014 at 5:32am:
A good joke is like a good recipe.  Try using a little less butthurt next time, it throws off the flavor Wink

GermanicusMaximus wrote on Aug 17th, 2014 at 3:52pm:
Why thank you, although I needed no affirmation of that fact from anyone, and certainly not from some sad, fat fuck who is a DDO fanboi.

Having said that, I am a Time Warner stockholder, and every  bit of profit that can be wrung out of Turbine has a chance of increasing my dividend check. As such, I would encourage you to continue spending money on DDO as you attempt to offset the wretched reality that is your life.

Just for your information, not all companies optimize their business operations to maximize current profits. Amazon, for example, is much more interested in increasing its market share at the expense of current profits.

You would know these kinds of things if you were anyone who mattered, but clearly you aren't.

Now, be a good little fanboi and toddle off to the Turbine forums where you can get your daily dose of Cordo ass kissing done.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Re: Character Builder
Reply #1 - Sep 26th, 2014 at 7:30pm
Print Post  
No kidding.  Roll Eyes

This is Ron's VERY FAMOUS character planner and it's the most popular one. It's been used for YEARS now.

Try leaving your hiding place under that rock a little more often.
« Last Edit: Sep 26th, 2014 at 7:31pm by Arkat »  

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #2 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:09am
Print Post  
and it hasn't been updated in quite a while.  Does it have Swashbuckler in there yet?

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #3 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:17am
Print Post  
Aeolwind wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:09am:
and it hasn't been updated in quite a while.  Does it have Swashbuckler in there yet?

Version 4.23.01 is current.  Looks like it was last updated Wednesday 24 September 2014.

It also has Swashbuckler.

The version number implies it has the new Paladin enhancements as well.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

Aeolwind
HERALD OF HATE

DDO: More broken than
peanut brittle

Reply #4 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 1:57pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 10:17am:
Version 4.23.01 is current.  Looks like it was last updated Wednesday 24 September 2014.

Well that is awesome.  Last I'd read Ron wasn't going to update it anymore over some game changes.  Dope (as in awesome)

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #5 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
Dragonstar took it over I believe.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #6 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
In case you want to be able to select your iconics alignment and first class level (for LR+1's) replace the Racefile.txt with This

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

NOTdarth
Puppy Farmer

Save the Planet, Kill
Yourself

Reply #7 - Sep 28th, 2014 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
oh, i've been waiting for them to update it

IP Logged

Clew
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #8 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 12:20pm
Print Post  
the 4.x branch is not getting much love, he and several others are working on a new 5.0 release that will be much more updateable and maintainable.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #9 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Sep 28th, 2014 at 6:45pm:
Dragonstar took it over I believe.
True,
Ron turned over "Lead Design" but did not "leave" the project completely.  There was something posted from him but I cannot find it just now.

Found it.
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/447922-Character-Planner-Announcement?...

Hey all,

I have an announcement of some import regarding the planner. After some eight years developing and maintaining the program, I have decided to step down as the lead designer on the project. Mainly this is due to time constraints and my desire to move on to other projects. Dragon and I have discussed this, and he will be taking over in the lead capacity. I hope you all will give him the same support (and bug reports!) that you've given to me all these years. Of course, he has been intimately involved in the planner for many years now, and has been integral in the design and coding of the new 5.xx version from the ground up. I leave the planner in his very capable hands.

That is not to say I'm leaving the team altogether. On the contrary, I will continue to be involved heavily with the coding and design of the program (I worked on it just this morning). Don't worry, I will still be around. However, from this point forward, Dragon will be making final decisions and scheduling releases and all that.

It has been both an honor and a privilege to have worked with you all as the lead programmer of the character planner, and I look forward to continuing on in my new role. If you have any questions or concerns, let us know.
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2014 at 4:27pm by Red Sox H8 Yankees »  

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #10 - Sep 29th, 2014 at 8:26pm
Print Post  
It'll be interesting to see the new planner.  The updated one now works pretty well.  Clearly not made by Turbine.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint