Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) SWF Paladin (Read 53437 times)
Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: SWF Paladin
Reply #125 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 6:59am:
Got to build a dwarven Occult Slayer first day on Lam. Wish I could log back on there to playtest it more. Hitting 90+ SR, 1600 hp, 170 PRR in heavy with Consecrated ticking for 240(without a hamp or devotion item). On a first life.

Would have been a swf+orb build too, but too many nerfs to the style.

Issue is that barb really only got more survival in occult, the dps isnt there, i was playing around a bit and it just sucks unless on a druid splash or swf to abuse stacking of bond.

Im pretty sure a berserker can survive with that amp on silve alone so it might actually be good dps.
Still tho, wolfs and trees for me atm.
I got my tree project almost capped and people copying the build before i reached to 20 alrdy . Kinda silly
Must say im extremely happy about it in its current form.

I might try out a pure barb berserker at some point, didnt play on live on main palies yet.
I refuse to play it for some odd reason.

Prolly lack of multitasking that prohibits me to play them.
My mind is refusing to play such simple builds as pure 2handed palie
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:30am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #126 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:37am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:13am:
Issue is that barb really only got more survival in occult, the dps isnt there, i was playing around a bit and it just sucks unless on a druid splash or swf to abuse stacking of bond.

DPS is solid there. The build has like 8 cleaves. Bane damage that scales, bleeding damage that scales. I'm getting like 6 lines of damage across screen with every hit. The SR means I never fail a will save. My fort passes all disintegrate checks. MRR 100 for reflex saves. Everything's a go! Just need to fucking be able to log on, fucking turbine!! Argghhhhh

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #127 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:01am
Print Post  
So I did not get a chance to log onto Lam this weekend...  what exactly changed with the swf + orb build that makes it crap now?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #128 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:06am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:01am:
So I did not get a chance to log onto Lam this weekend...  what exactly changed with the swf + orb build that makes it crap now?

orbs no longer function with shield mastery line. The main reason to run orbs was 18 doublestrike and 20 prr. Losing that doublestrike and prr is a huge blow when I could be getting glances while moving and gaining 10% more melee power instead of taking the hit.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:07am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #129 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:13am
Print Post  
Yeah I just read that in the release notes on Lam just now.  So, that was short lived.  I think ETR into S n B using vanguard?  Kind of lost interest now though....  Maybe reroll into a barb if that looks good.  Disappointed, but I guess expected.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #130 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:16am
Print Post  
Maybe start a Barb build thread if you have a decent build already.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #131 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:16am:
Maybe start a Barb build thread if you have a decent build already.

Ofc.

I cant log onto lama for days now because log in problems prevent me from accessing it. I do have a build, but it's at testing phase currently. Will post is as soon as i get access to lama and I need to run it through a wgu and breaking the ranks to see if it can handle spells, assassins, orcs, and hill giants. Will be using great axe I think.

Shame they nerfed shield orb mastery though the dwarf build would have had good synergy using dwarven tf axe and tf orb.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:23am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #132 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:26am
Print Post  
Does shield using vanguard compare well with swf?  Maybe just a few ranks into vanguard to get some speed....  I dunno, seems like there is no way to get that all back especially needing tier 5 kotc.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #133 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:39am
Print Post  
Kluege wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:26am:
Does shield using vanguard compare well with swf?  Maybe just a few ranks into vanguard to get some speed....  I dunno, seems like there is no way to get that all back especially needing tier 5 kotc.
I havent tested enough with vanguard. Guess I will now. Giving up swf for shields most likely means swapping to kopesh or scimitar over bsatrd sword due to 10% less speed and none of the 50% stat mod to dmg bonus to make up for the lower crit multiplier and threat range.

IP Logged

Kluege
Dragon Raider

Hi

Reply #134 - Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:44am
Print Post  
i am thinking khopesh as well...  feat swap and retool the enhancements along with getting a shield that I like.  Never really paid attention to shield so.. could be an issue.  Maybe emerald twilight since it is easy to get / I think I have one... or the silver lining.  I would hate to have to grind out the thunderpeaks for a friggin shield.
« Last Edit: Nov 17th, 2014 at 10:53am by Kluege »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #135 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 2:12am
Print Post  
NOTdarth wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:12am:
oh no the build is totally fucked now.

Shield mastery was only adding doublestrike last I checked.

They might be implementing the change by making orbs not count as shields at all. Remember to test if TF orbs still violate druidic oath post update.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #136 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 2:13am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 17th, 2014 at 7:37am:
DPS is solid there. The build has like 8 cleaves. Bane damage that scales, bleeding damage that scales. I'm getting like 6 lines of damage across screen with every hit. The SR means I never fail a will save. My fort passes all disintegrate checks. MRR 100 for reflex saves. Everything's a go! Just need to fucking be able to log on, fucking turbine!! Argghhhhh

Occult Slayer? Seriously? If you're not stacking critical rage and death frenzy, then whats the point?
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 5:00am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #137 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:27am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 2:13am:
Ravager? Seriously? If you're not stacking critical rage and death frenzy, then whats the point?

Immune to magic.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #138 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 3:27am:
Immune to magic.

Immune to some magic.

You know you get +8 to will saves just for raging, right?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #139 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 5:31am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 5:07am:
Immune to some magic.

You know you get +8 to will saves just for raging, right?

Immune to all that is relevant. Everything else is halved by 100mrr. The other a huge con score solves with fort saves. Polar Ray and other ray spells still hit. Only one spell that gives negative levels in necrotic ray and Web(which I can fom).

Immune to commands, dominates, fear, 99% of negs, blind, curses, exhausted, fatigued, all stat drains, otto, flesh to stone, inflicts, symbol of stunning. It's like a goddamned will-o-the-wisp with an axe.

Even with the +8 to will that isnt making 60 dc save in ees. 
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 5:34am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #140 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:11am
Print Post  
EE Aurgloroasa is CR 88. Surely other caster mobs aren't far behind.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #141 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:25am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:11am:
EE Aurgloroasa is CR 88. Surely other caster mobs aren't far behind.

She is a purple raid boss. Her cr is way higher than other quests bosses. Also, CR doesnt equal CL on mobs. If it did then Yellobeard's vid of ee gop with red named cr 80 beholder would have broke his SR 45-50% of the time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CxcpIL6wAU&list=UU7O2zNNyapK-1VlisTL6SQg

It was no fail. Indicating that mobs CL is not equal to CR. He goes on to state in the video that once his SR dropped to low 80s for testing purposes, then it would sometimes break his SR. Leading me to believe that the CL of mobs is around -10 of their CR at best. Meaning If a SR of 98 can be reached then even a CR 88 purple named boss couldnt break it unless they rolled a 20.  And a 1 is not a fail nor is a 20 a success. A SR of of 21 above the CL of any mob equals a no fail even on a 20.
« Last Edit: Nov 18th, 2014 at 6:33am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #142 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:52am
Print Post  
I'm still going to go full retard dps on my barb. I should probably roll a couple extra mules and stock up on sov pots.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #143 - Nov 18th, 2014 at 9:05am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 7:52am:
I'm still going to go full retard dps on my barb. I should probably roll a couple extra mules and stock up on sov pots.

And get that SF favor !

I spoke to yello today and he said by his testing he believes mob CL is around 50 for a CR 70s mob. Around -20 of mob CR then I would say. Might be that purple raid bosses are closer to thier CR by about 10-5 he hasnt tested on raid bosses.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #144 - Nov 19th, 2014 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Nov 18th, 2014 at 9:05am:
And get that SF favor !

I spoke to yello today and he said by his testing he believes mob CL is around 50 for a CR 70s mob. Around -20 of mob CR then I would say. Might be that purple raid bosses are closer to thier CR by about 10-5 he hasnt tested on raid bosses.

I wish that kind of stuff was more transparent.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 
Send TopicPrint