Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 233856 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #300 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
Spirit just sorta works out. It is bugged any spell will add 2 every 3 seconds, max. You gotta play it to understand.

The cloak I don't think works for anything. And even if it did, it would add insignificant damage.

These are godly solo builds. Invis + run/walk speed + ability to quickly kill any amount of EE mobs and champions at once.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #301 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 2:49pm:
Never having played a tree build:

Do you always have enough spirit for being in tree form? Im guessing warlock auras is keeping up spirit by ticking all the time. But you mention displament, is it possible to generate spirit faster than the states 1/3seconds? I guess as described you can get up to 3 spirit every 3 seconds but it requires attacking, and casting offensively and on an ally. Does that mean these builds are less good at soloing?

Does the new cloak that gives damage based on being shapeshifter work for tree form?

Spirit is kinda buggy, but warlock aura works like most self auras (cleric radiant savant, death aura spell) in that you generate 2 spirit per tick.  Ofc the usual every 3 second stipulation remains in effect. So in theory attacking with the aura will generate you your max 3 sprit every 3 seconds.  Its still not enough to keep tree form up permanently. However, with the zerging you can do tree form isn't needed up permanently.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #302 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:35pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Spirit just sorta works out. It is bugged any spell will add 2 every 3 seconds, max. You gotta play it to understand.

The cloak I don't think works for anything. And even if it did, it would add insignificant damage.

These are godly solo builds. Invis + run/walk speed + ability to quickly kill any amount of EE mobs and champions at once.

Teth wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 4:53pm:
Spirit is kinda buggy, but warlock aura works like most self auras (cleric radiant savant, death aura spell) in that you generate 2 spirit per tick.  Ofc the usual every 3 second stipulation remains in effect. So in theory attacking with the aura will generate you your max 3 sprit every 3 seconds.  Its still not enough to keep tree form up permanently. However, with the zerging you can do tree form isn't needed up permanently.

Awesome thanks both of you. I understand the idea of zerging, gathering mobs, then bursting with tree form. Is there some run speed advantage I'm not aware of or is it just Barb+Warlock runspeed makes this build fast for zerging?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #303 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 9th, 2015 at 5:35pm:
Is there some run speed advantage I'm not aware of or is it just Barb+

yep. Barb 10%+stalwart 10%. Or 12 monk for 20%.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #304 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Sprint Boost + PDK past life sprint boost + athletics sprint boost on rage (but then you have to drop rage and so I don't use it anymore).
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 7:07pm by »  

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #305 - Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Apart from PDK pl sprint boost, what other benefits do you get? did you choose PDK to get to cap ASAP?
Cause, assuming i guessed your feat choices right... that must be hell of a slow ass build to play in heroics... unless you got friends who carry you to cap.

EDIT: Nvm, obviously you could use the warlock levels to do fast clearing in quests.
« Last Edit: Aug 9th, 2015 at 8:08pm by Halfmaniac »  

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #306 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 6:47am
Print Post  
Quote:

Nice build!im wondering if i should  change your build to 10F/7WARLOCK/3BARB  so i can get 3 moar feat for shield masteries and completionist and only add 1 moar sec on the auras.THX Wink

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #307 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
del don't want nerfed

« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2015 at 3:17am by »  

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #308 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
The last 7 warlock levels can be swapped out for barb or fighter levels for past lives. You lose tensors, true seeing spell, and 150 spell points only. You don't want and I didn't get the core 12 warlock aura anyways since it is bugged and ticks out of sync with the 3 second spirit regen timer.

The loss of spell points means you may need to use shrines on some quests, which I generally prefer to do without, unless you get spell point feats or clickies. True seeing isn't that great a loss. I generally level with epic spyglass 20-27 anyways, and can scroll it.

This was my feat setup:

Feats
1 PA Fighter Dodge PDK Cleave (Strenght 13, Dex 13)
2 Fighter Combat Expertise (Int 13)
3 Bastard Sword Prof. (For shapeshifting supreme cleave attacks with twin blade and leveling 2HF with cleaves which only hit main hand weapon)
4 Fighter Great Cleave
6 Mobility
9 Spring Attack
12 TWF (Dex 15, tomes +3)
15 Whirlwind Attack
18 ITWF (Dex 17, tomes +4)
21 GTWF
24 IC:B
26 PTWF
27 OC
28 SP:Positive

Why do u choose to use twin blade?IMO dis build would stay in tree forms most of time..i dont think glancing blows worked in tree forms..even if it did work,TF B-sword for armor-piercing seems like a better choices

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #309 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 3:45pm
Print Post  
Because supreme cleave uses damage die amount of shapeshifting (71), twf using IC:B while shapeshifted, but damage die type (2d8) of weapon, and damage type (slashing) of weapon.

And you spend some time out of tree form gathering spirit, so you want glancing blows + light damage on hit for human form.

Also I would drop completionist for extend due to displacement time.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2015 at 3:51pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #310 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 3:52pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Because supreme cleave uses damage die amount of shapeshifting (71), twf using IC:B while shapeshifted, but damage die type (2d8) of weapon, and damage type (slashing) of weapon.

sweet. didnt know it uses weapon dice. 2d8>1d10. Also, twinblade is sick in heroics.

Have you tested out what the twf feats really do for the trees? What I mean is that trees never use regular attack button. Is it that 80% offhand gives certain cleaves a second swing in tree form?

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #311 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 4:04pm
Print Post  
Supreme Cleave, GC, and WW have offhand attacks, and use double strike, when unarmed TWF.

Tree form is unarmed TWF, even with weapon and shield equipped.

WW gets an additional attack TWF when centered that cannot double strike, but then you lose Supreme Cleave. WW takes two seconds to perform compared to 1 second for other cleaves. Sadly, you have to be monk centered and truly unarmed, not defensively centered from HELF.

I might be slightly wrong on some of the double strike stuff, since shapeshifting is technically two main hand weapon fighting, not TWF, and I didn't test if it was using double strike + doublestrike or double strike + offhand double strike. Some of this is from other people on forums.

What is interesting, is that supreme cleave twf at say 50 melee power with 30% bonus dmg from crits/ED bonus dmg and 20% damage boost is:
2x84d(2d8) x 1.5 x 1.3 x 1.2= 786d8 every 3 seconds (base melee damage converted to 12.2 more damage die).

Fireball SLA from a 28 Sorc at 20d6 and 800 spell power and 30% crit is:

20d6x9x1.3 = 234d6 every 6 seconds.

Which is why I originally named the build Supreme Cleavage on DDO forums before I deleted it there.
« Last Edit: Sep 7th, 2015 at 7:31pm by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #312 - Aug 24th, 2015 at 5:24pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Supreme Cleave, GC, and WW have offhand attacks, and use double strike, when unarmed TWF.

Tree form is unarmed TWF, even with weapon and shield equipped.

Right, like wolf builds. There was a time(dont recall what update did it) when centered WW hit for 7 attacks and GC could hit 4(all in human form only). Same was true for stunning fist and other monk ki attacks as was true for GC. I posted it here somewhere what was occurring on my centered wolf build at the time.

The sequence is mainhand, offhand, main doublestrike, off doublestrike. Funny thing with ww was it was 4 attacks mainhand but then became 5th attack with doublestrike, 6th attack with offhand and 7th with offhand doublestrike. For wolf forms(centered) ww started giving full 4 attacks as in human form. When before ww only gave 1 hit in wolf form. That same update also borked centered thf users enabling GC to doublestrike.

Quote:
double strike + doublestrike or double strike + offhand double strike.

I assume it is mainhand, then mainhand again(acting as twf offhand strike), then doublestrike for main in shapeshifted form.

Edit: If ww is giving your uncentered animal form 4 hits then it has to be main, main acting as off, doublestrike for main, then doublestrike chance on main using offhand percent.
« Last Edit: Aug 24th, 2015 at 5:31pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #313 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 5:41am
Print Post  
Ya that is one of the main problems with the game. Abilities don't have some sort of simple graphical label like crossed swords to show they work for TWF weapons, or crossed fists for TWF unarmed, or a shield icon to show they can shield bash, or a broken icon do not take for the abilities that don't work (looking at you 1/4th of the swashbuckling tree).

I make way more test character iconics for testing mechanics and deleting them then I do real builds just to figure out what things roughly do, but it was a leap of faith for making a build around Avatar of Nature.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 5:44am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #314 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 6:03am
Print Post  
so true. just trying to figure out how shit works in this game is major pain and a huge hurdle to newer players. much of the things players tested isnt even on the wiki. oh, and gl trying to find it on forum without making a new post asking questions, then have that thread get buried and the cycle repeats.

nothing info wise is actually stickied that should be otherwise collected and categorized to make data accessible.  How turbine makes everything so secretive irks the fuk out of me. but, I've learned that it isnt so much a secret as much as it is they dont even fucking now either, so

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #315 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 5:50pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 6:03am:
so true. just trying to figure out how shit works in this game is major pain and a huge hurdle to newer players. much of the things players tested isnt even on the wiki. oh, and gl trying to find it on forum without making a new post asking questions, then have that thread get buried and the cycle repeats.

nothing info wise is actually stickied that should be otherwise collected and categorized to make data accessible.  How turbine makes everything so secretive irks the fuk out of me. but, I've learned that it isnt so much a secret as much as it is they dont even fucking now either, so

To some degree this is part of the fun...if you're a nerd and a min maxer who llikes to geek out on the numbers.

For everyone else, I imagine it's terrible.

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #316 - Aug 25th, 2015 at 6:50pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 25th, 2015 at 5:50pm:
To some degree this is part of the fun...if you're a nerd and a min maxer who llikes to geek out on the numbers.

For everyone else, I imagine it's terrible.

?  This from the noob who only just realized this week that the damage boosts were broken on throwing weapons? Where the hell were you for the past 8 weeks?

At this point after already having had a previous run-in with you I have to wonder who the fuck do you think you're fooling when you act like you are an expert? I can't believe that some people on here actually thought you knew thrower-builds.
« Last Edit: Aug 25th, 2015 at 6:52pm by »  

IP Logged

Holyavatar
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #317 - Aug 27th, 2015 at 4:27am
Print Post  
Quote:
And you spend some time out of tree form gathering spirit, so you want glancing blows + light damage on hit for human form.

thx for explanations.never know dat before..i still dont kind like twinblade..how about use a toee bsword or daxe?20mp seems better than higher supreme cleave damage Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #318 - Aug 28th, 2015 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Melee power on gear isn't implemented right in this game. It is just too weak on everything it is on.

When you are already at 50 MP for 150% damage, 20 more for 170% damage isn't that significant. It is only 13% more damage and doesn't compare to double damage on supreme cleave. Plus I've given up on farming TOEE or Mortal Fear TF weapons.
« Last Edit: Aug 28th, 2015 at 2:29am by »  

IP Logged

OSeanessy
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #319 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 7:37am
Print Post  
If Strength of Spirit ticks 'When you hit with a melee attack, or cast a spell on an ally, or cast an offensive spell on an enemy... Each of these three categories triggers only once every three seconds.' is there any point in taking both Warlock AND Cleric levels to keep Spirit up?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #320 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 2:52pm
Print Post  
Nopa.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #321 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 10:19am
Print Post  
Tilo, I ran a couple of ETR using the 12monk 5 cleric 3 pally unnarmed build and it was fun. This new Warlock build seems more interesting though!

What gear/ epic twists do you recommend?

I am thinking thunderforged heavy armor for 30 DR if that Works on tree form.

Does the shield properties make any difference to tree form? I was thinking the new Epic Shield of Tireless Aid for more temporary HP stack or the Madstone Aegis for the 3x crit multiplier but since tree is twf not sure how that Works.

For twsits: LSM, coccon, consecrate/sacred ground?

What else do you recommend?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #322 - Sep 4th, 2015 at 3:43pm
Print Post  
Twinblade + PDK Shield + whatever you have.

When you play the build, it will become apparent why.
« Last Edit: Sep 4th, 2015 at 4:23pm by »  

IP Logged

apparently bored
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #323 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 7:48am
Print Post  
You're not going to want to twist rejuv caccoon.

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #324 - Sep 6th, 2015 at 6:06pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Twinblade + PDK Shield + whatever you have.

When you play the build, it will become apparent why.

What is your other gear?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 26
Send TopicPrint