Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 234035 times)
Tilo
Ex Member

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #350 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
Kicksome wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:50pm:
I'll try and test exploit weakness now - I already had it spec'd just hoping it would work.

I meant the T5 bard ability.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #351 - Sep 27th, 2015 at 1:53pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I meant the T5 bard ability.

Problem is there aren't many high base dmg light weapons to make use of it. Supreme cleave alrdy crits a decent amount with twinblade and imp crit slash. The tier 5 ability would really only increase single target dps anyway since aoe cleaving will generate lots of attacks.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #352 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 11:16am
Print Post  
Kicksome wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
Another observation on this.  I replaced my [2d8] "Tireless aid" large shield with the new Demonic Slab tower shield - which is [3d10].  It seems like I'm seeing much higher numbers.

So the 3d10 applies to off hand? I was going to ask that.

Another thing, do you think Precision is Worth getting?

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #353 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 11:23am
Print Post  
@ Teth

Quote:
Problem is there aren't many high base dmg light weapons to make use of it. Supreme cleave alrdy crits a decent amount with twinblade and imp crit slash. The tier 5 ability would really only increase single target dps anyway since aoe cleaving will generate lots of attacks.

impr. critical slash?

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #354 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 11:23am:
@ Teth

impr. critical slash?

Weird. I thought tree damage was bludgeoning too.

Teth, are you talking about while in Tree form or out of tree form?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #355 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 12:45pm:
Weird. I thought tree damage was bludgeoning too.

Teth, are you talking about while in Tree form or out of tree form?

While in tree form, supreme cleave uses base damage of weapon for damage (2d8 for twinblade), it also uses that weapons crit profile and damage type (19-20/x2 slash or 17-20/x2 with imp crit).  The feat is taken simply for better crit profile on supreme cleaves.  For your other cleave attacks though it is best to take improved crit bludgeon. So for whirlwind, great cleave, and cleave you end up with 1d20 base 19-20/x2 bludgeon dmg with imp crit.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #356 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:09pm:
While in tree form, supreme cleave uses base damage of weapon for damage (2d8 for twinblade), it also uses that weapons crit profile and damage type (19-20/x2 slash or 17-20/x2 with imp crit).  The feat is taken simply for better crit profile on supreme cleaves.  For your other cleave attacks though it is best to take improved crit bludgeon. So for whirlwind, great cleave, and cleave you end up with 1d20 base 19-20/x2 bludgeon dmg with imp crit.

Great. Now I gotta either switch to being a PDK or Human.

Thanks Teth.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Wight
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #357 - Sep 28th, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Would it be worth it to go for one of the two 2d8 khopeshs?

Teth wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:09pm:

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #358 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 1:03am
Print Post  
Wight wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 11:48pm:
Would it be worth it to go for one of the two 2d8 khopeshs?

All depends on the player, me personally Im trying something pretty super different with my tree build and its very very unorthodox.  There are lots of tips and tricks you can do to make a tree build work.  So there is no one end all be all build or end all be all weapon to use.  Im always finding out new stuff and it is always improving the build.

IP Logged

Teth
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #359 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 1:04am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Sep 28th, 2015 at 3:42pm:
Great. Now I gotta either switch to being a PDK or Human.

Thanks Teth.

You are most welcome.

IP Logged

Settsimaksimin
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #360 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 10:52am
Print Post  
For a PDK Ftr 10/War 7/Barb 3 sword and board toon, what would be the optimal starting ability scores? +6 tomes for all scores.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #361 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 2:51pm
Print Post  
Teth wrote on Sep 29th, 2015 at 1:03am:
All depends on the player, me personally Im trying something pretty super different with my tree build and its very very unorthodox.  There are lots of tips and tricks you can do to make a tree build work.  So there is no one end all be all build or end all be all weapon to use.  Im always finding out new stuff and it is always improving the build.

I would love to see this tree in action. are you playing on Khyber?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #362 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 7:20pm
Print Post  
So um, yea I thought it was unarmed, was wrong, it is weapon profile.

So um, lets say theoretically that throwing crit profiles of keen weapons were bugged to apply keen 2x for 4x crit profile.

And um, lets say theoretically you were to use critical rage/sb + Shadowstar (2d3).

And um, lets say theoretically that since you are meleeing, shadowstar might gain the crit multiplier of SB for meleeing.

That would result in...um, 3-20x3 supreme cleaves?
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015 at 7:31pm by »  

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #363 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
SB?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #364 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  
swashbuckling...

Cool to know, but after looking at it all, Twinblade (or Axe of Famine) still look like solid all purpose choices due to glancing blows in human form.

I could use an ESOS, if anyone has a spare. For science...
« Last Edit: Sep 29th, 2015 at 8:03pm by »  

IP Logged

Kicksome
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #365 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 10:36pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Cool to know, but after looking at it all, Twinblade (or Axe of Famine) still look like solid all purpose choices due to glancing blows in human form.

I'm back to agreeing with you that the twinblade is definitely more damage than the T3 TF, while in tree form.  I ran some more tests and frapsed the test fights, the slash damage is higher with the twinblade on all the big hits by a lot - maybe 60-75%, and so are the crits against a named.   Although the bludgeon damage didn't change at all that I could tell at least.  I took improved crit slash vs. completionist to see if that makes much difference. 

I did notice a lot less slashes vs bludgeon.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #366 - Sep 29th, 2015 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
I wish I had known about Axe of Famine earlier as a replacement for twinblade, I would have used that instead. I use it quite a bit in my builds even without proficiency. Free greater restoration every few seconds is sorta hard to beat.

« Last Edit: Sep 30th, 2015 at 8:45am by »  

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #367 - Oct 2nd, 2015 at 7:50pm
Print Post  

If unarmed whirlwind and centered (GMOF) unarmed whirlwind don't produce extra attacks, that means it is converting monk-only unarmed centered whirlwind which has an extra kick in the animation.

Repeaters are three attacks in one animation?
« Last Edit: Oct 14th, 2015 at 3:19am by »  

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #368 - Oct 5th, 2015 at 11:26am
Print Post  
About tree monks, now that cleric isn't necessary, would a T5 shintao with violence begets violence and warlock aura work? If that enhancements works at all in tree form...would it crit rolling 14-20?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #369 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 2:38am
Print Post  
Kicksome wrote on Sep 27th, 2015 at 12:48pm:
Another observation on this.  I replaced my [2d8] "Tireless aid" large shield with the new Demonic Slab tower shield - which is [3d10].  It seems like I'm seeing much higher numbers.

I
Previously, my AoN monk was always hitting harder, now it seems like the barb build is.

Hmm, tests show shield damage is not used.
« Last Edit: Oct 6th, 2015 at 11:30am by »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #370 - Oct 6th, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 5th, 2015 at 11:26am:
T5 shintao with violence begets violence

violence works in wolf form. might work in tree.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #371 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 6th, 2015 at 7:13am:
violence works in wolf form. might work in tree.

So if you can crit on 14 on all the cleaves that would be more dps than the barbarian version? Unarmed can get to 1d10 (1d6 normal attack, 1d8 from T5 enahncement + 1d10 from gear).

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #372 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 8:14am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:09am:
Unarmed can get to 1d10

should be d20 in woad with centered weapons.

someone on my server just solo'd ee doj, 2 weeks ago with a tree. he had 2 guys step in and die at start as witnesses. then tr'd out of his build asap. doggydaddy on this forum was one of the witnesses.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

DnD
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #373 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 10:32am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 8:14am:
should be d20 in woad with centered weapons.

someone on my server just solo'd ee doj, 2 weeks ago with a tree. he had 2 guys step in and die at start as witnesses. then tr'd out of his build asap. doggydaddy on this forum was one of the witnesses.

Awesome! I suppose he was monk/warlock/pally or is it anti-nerf secret?  Tongue

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #374 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 10:38am
Print Post  
DnD wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 10:32am:
monk/warlock/pally or is it anti-nerf secret? 

idk. no clue. i assumed it was monk pally for imp eva, loh, and saves along with abund step. warlock frees up the tier 5 and possibly went warlock for 2nd burst or shintao for violence begets. violence would make more sense over bursts because criting for 20k+ beats bursting on a hvy monk build. could be barb build tho. i have to ask the people who were there or the guy himself. will when i see them on.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 26
Send TopicPrint