Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Trees Shall Rise Again (Read 234444 times)
Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Re: The Trees Shall Rise Again
Reply #450 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 2:35am
Print Post  
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to pop tree form, because the people that don't understand are just going to blame Turbine (rightfully), instead of blaming me (also probably rightfully).

But it's really killing my ability to be effective when things run by me and I can't tell for 3 or so seconds.

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #451 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 3:18am
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 20th, 2015 at 2:35am:
Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to pop tree form, because the people that don't understand are just going to blame Turbine (rightfully), instead of blaming me (also probably rightfully).

But it's really killing my ability to be effective when things run by me and I can't tell for 3 or so seconds.

Yeah same

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #452 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
After testing it, the lag exists until you hit Tier 4, and then it falls off. Cleaving while being lagged will sometimes hit and sometimes not. But the cleaves go off at the speed of being non-tree.

Coming out of Tree, the lag doesn't last as long.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #453 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Experienced this last year, around the time this thread was posted. Me and a guildie had the tree lag bug. It was fun for griefing but made your toon unplayable. The lag was instance wide, public instances too. Entire harbor or market could get shutdown if you wanted. The lag came from shifting into a tree and easily abused by spamming to go in and out of forms.

ETR/LR would fix it but only for a time. We didnt bother testing out if it was time or level based. But we assumed it had something to do with hitting levels 27 or 28. My theory was that it only happened to builds that splashed fighter levels, but from what I've read since it doesn't seem to be the case as any tree build can get the lag.
« Last Edit: Dec 20th, 2015 at 5:40pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #454 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 7:01pm
Print Post  
I was 23 when it started happening. I'm hoping a hot patch will come soon. If not, I guess I'm going wolf.

IP Logged

gimpforlife
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #455 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:21am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 20th, 2015 at 5:39pm:
Experienced this last year, around the time this thread was posted. Me and a guildie had the tree lag bug. It was fun for griefing but made your toon unplayable. The lag was instance wide, public instances too. Entire harbor or market could get shutdown if you wanted. The lag came from shifting into a tree and easily abused by spamming to go in and out of forms.

ETR/LR would fix it but only for a time. We didnt bother testing out if it was time or level based. But we assumed it had something to do with hitting levels 27 or 28. My theory was that it only happened to builds that splashed fighter levels, but from what I've read since it doesn't seem to be the case as any tree build can get the lag.

Hi there its been awful lol specially when shouted upon so came up with simple solution not using tree form using the same shield and b sword in ld destiny and its going good dont want to get shouted upon again and again

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #456 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 20th, 2015 at 7:01pm:
I was 23 when it started happening. I'm hoping a hot patch will come soon. If not, I guess I'm going wolf.

I see. Thank you.

Might be then that a stat swap when in tree form is what's causing the lag. Like when swapping Epic Glimpse Soul goggles. If tree form bonus to stats is coded to be insightful or whatever of the same stacking type and applying too many stat checks at once?

I tried totally unequipped, so probably not likely. But it could be something to do with stat lag because the lag on my tree was just from shifting to phase one. You're on phase 3 tree when it locks?

« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:01am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #457 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:05am
Print Post  
Hmm I had less lag with the warlock tree than a repeater user. But I'm finishing heroic completionist so I can't test for awhile.

I remember turning a bunch of graphics down or off. And I try not to swap gear. The only swaps I did were for dw goggles from shadowsight goggles.

Any new pieces of gear you just started using at 23? Some of the new patch items might be acting like Epic Glimpse of the Soul used to.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #458 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:21am
Print Post  
Quote:
Any new pieces of gear you just started using at 23? Some of the new patch items might be acting like Epic Glimpse of the Soul used to.

I dont think it is an item itself. I tested naked, no items and zero AP spent and the lag was not affected.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #459 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 3:21am:
I dont think it is an item itself. I tested naked, no items and zero AP spent and the lag was not affected.

Can confirm. I didn't swap gear between Pre-Update and Post-Update.

This is pretty infuriating because I had a lot of fun playing your build Tilo, until U29 hit.

I'm getting by duel wielding Bastard Swords in Legendary Dreadnaught for now. The build is totally still survivable. I've only died twice leveling 23-29. I just don't think I can deal damage quick enough in EE without tree. I'm going to give them a week to at least announce a patch.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #460 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:12pm
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 20th, 2015 at 7:01pm:

For the record, if you're talking about the swf+twf sploit wolf, it's a lag-on-demand machine, too unless something has changed in the past 6 months.

I did a wolf life a while back.  I  could walk up to any group of 3 or more mobs and pop Dance of Death and boosts and bring the instance to a crawl for 30+ seconds at a time. 

I usually ran in LD on that build for whatever that's worth.

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #461 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:43pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:12pm:
For the record, if you're talking about the swf+twf sploit wolf, it's a lag-on-demand machine, too unless something has changed in the past 6 months.

I did a wolf life a while back.  I  could walk up to any group of 3 or more mobs and pop Dance of Death and boosts and bring the instance to a crawl for 30+ seconds at a time. 

I usually ran in LD on that build for whatever that's worth.

I was looking at it. A guild mate of mine thinks it's the best thing since sliced bread.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #462 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:48pm
Print Post  
As per general chat on ddo, saves items are borked outside of normal resistance. This was the problem that Epic Glimpse had.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/469269-Unequipping-Items-with-an-Insig...

If I remember right, it builds up stacks of hidden buffs/debuffs on your character that don't expire every time you log/load/shapeshift, even if you don't swap gear, until your character is so full of buffs it all lags to hell.

Are you sure you didn't have any +saves gear other than a resist item equipped? Once your char is lagged the only way to fix it was to not shapeshift, server restart, patch, or TR/ETR as far as I remember.

Is everyone's tree lagged?
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:51pm by »  

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #463 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
I'll double check when I get home. I wasn't paying attention to this. I might actually have some insight bonus lingering in my equipment still.

For sure, pre 29 and Post 29 I had some insight bonus equipment, but it wasn't for saves.

I'm going to strip off an insight bonus gear tonight and attempt a lesser TR to fix it. I think I have a stone sitting in my bank. I'll post if the situation is fixed or not.

Edit: Also, now that I think about it, the lag got worse over time and culminated last night in a 12 minute freeze in the middle of EE Crucible

2nd Edit: Also I had a guildmate report he experienced no lag on his tree build while leveling 28-30.
« Last Edit: Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:12pm by Nubicus »  

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #464 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 6:01pm
Print Post  
Quote:
As per general chat on ddo, saves items are borked outside of ....

Is everyone's tree lagged?

Mine was (Orien), I got him to 20 Saturday night, played a few quests no problem.  Then last night I ran dust with a friend and it started behaving stupid in spinners, did some high roads after and resigned myself to not going into tree form maybe 1/10th of the time I normally would.  Bummer too, first time I'd rolled one since a cleric/monk variant months ago and was really looking forward to the AC.  But was confirmed via some chat channels and a party members wife in a different pug that I was affecting more than just my party.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #465 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Counsel wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 6:01pm:
Mine was (Orien), I got him to 20 Saturday night, played a few quests no problem.  Then last night I ran dust with a friend and it started behaving stupid in spinners, did some high roads after and resigned myself to not going into tree form maybe 1/10th of the time I normally would.  Bummer too, first time I'd rolled one since a cleric/monk variant months ago and was really looking forward to the AC.  But was confirmed via some chat channels and a party members wife in a different pug that I was affecting more than just my party.

mwuahaha. stand in meridia and dont allow anyone to enter shroud!

IP Logged

Orange Flash
Waterworks Kobold

Can you get the citation?

Reply #466 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 1:06pm
Print Post  
no lag when i switch to tree... i got a 12 monk 5 wiz 3 pal

IP Logged

Counsel
Korthos Resident

i crit my pants

Reply #467 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 9:02pm
Print Post  
seems good again.  and I joined the darkside, in shroud now ;p

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #468 - Dec 22nd, 2015 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Tree is fixed

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #469 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 1:46am
Print Post  
Well then, its time to add AoE stun in.

So Dire Charge + already rolling a PDK and using a sword (twinblade), plus already putting a few points in PDK tree, just gota shift stuff around, pick up knight training. Then use the new twist points/slot for Tactics.

Probably need to start with lower strength and higher charisma and plan it out. The fighter tactical mastery feat can also be taken at 27, for more DC.

Pretty good luck to be planning out a final life fighter PDK sword build when they release a feat like dire charge. Or as I call it, nerf resistance rating Smiley

« Last Edit: Dec 23rd, 2015 at 1:58am by »  

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #470 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 22nd, 2015 at 9:19pm:
Tree is fixed

What do you mean? The lag is fixed or the build doeesn't work anymore?

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #471 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 10:07am
Print Post  
Lag

IP Logged

Nubicus
Dragon Raider

Dick 2020

Reply #472 - Dec 23rd, 2015 at 1:20pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Well then, its time to add AoE stun in.

So Dire Charge + already rolling a PDK and using a sword (twinblade), plus already putting a few points in PDK tree, just gota shift stuff around, pick up knight training. Then use the new twist points/slot for Tactics.

Probably need to start with lower strength and higher charisma and plan it out. The fighter tactical mastery feat can also be taken at 27, for more DC.

Pretty good luck to be planning out a final life fighter PDK sword build when they release a feat like dire charge. Or as I call it, nerf resistance rating Smiley

Does anyone have numbers yet on Stun DC's in Legendary?

IP Logged

Epoch
Alaskan Ice Hole

Epochalypse

Reply #473 - Dec 24th, 2015 at 1:11am
Print Post  
Nubicus wrote on Dec 23rd, 2015 at 1:20pm:
Does anyone have numbers yet on Stun DC's in Legendary?

On Legendary normal shroud with a 58 I was able to stun most things, not orthons though. On The two flag quests with a 58 I was able to stun just about everything on Legendary Hard.

With my typical 68 I don't fail on those difficulties. Haven't ran any of the new raids on anything harder then LN.

OnePercenter wrote on May 15th, 2014 at 9:41am:
I just read that the cat followed up by visiting the dog house later that night, dropping some Willie Pete in on the sleeping dog.  #epochsfamiliarFTW

Sim-Sala-Bim wrote on Jan 27th, 2014 at 2:09am:
It seems like Epoch never loses his popularity.
Even against donuts.

IP Logged

Ulysses
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #474 - Dec 30th, 2015 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
So thanks everyone for this thread.  Great stuff here.

Currently running a 13lock/4fighter/3barb and love it.  Dire Charge is a game changer.  Not only does it effectively give you a targeted dash which is super helpful on the slow tree, but it also gives you another cleave to add to your rotation. 

I dropped WW attack on this build so that I could get max/emp and still run more of a normal "lock" build when i was leveling off destiny. 

Here's my last thought.  Wouldn't some int based build using know the angles and perhaps at least a few wiz levels (maybe majority) work out nicely?  Add that wiz cleave and then 1/2 your int modifier for stun dc...might be nice.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 26
Send TopicPrint