Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U29 AA Shuriken (Read 83414 times)
Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Re: U25 Shuriken
Reply #50 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:04am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 5:52am:
Munk, are the devs really so dumb not to take into account what a 4/6 bolts slaying shot barrage on repeteater builds will be able to do?

Im pretty sure they didn't take it into account, but Im pretty sure they don't really give a flying fuck since its monkcher exclusive. After all, monkchers are the biggest problem with DDO right now.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #51 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:13am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:04am:
Im pretty sure they didn't take it into account, but Im pretty sure they don't really give a flying fuck since its monkcher exclusive. After all, monkchers are the biggest problem with DDO right now.

Il be very honest, only reason i didnt push with repetear ideas is due to reload animation being terrible and messing up your slaying shots, in practice in ee runs you will end up missing many, so even tho it has impressive boss dps on static nonmoving targets, it caused you to mess up alot in practice due to the possible mess in ees, aka red alert oranger or many mobs spawn quests etc etc.

But with the change to mehanics of reload, and possible nerf to monkchers only thing they are doing is deleting monkchers and making repeteater builds de facto nm 1.
I mean, even dshoot is currently somewhat bugged when i look at peoples tests.
It doesnt seem you get 1/3rd less for every next barrage, but i mean even if you do, with a killer focused build you can reach 40/50% dshoot.
Lets go with lowest ammount, killer 20% shipie 2% quiver 8% past life 9% ep feat 10% that is 49% dshoot, you can go up to 69% if you go for aa last core perma dshoot without ever losing it on a aa focused artie build.
Now that is 4 bolts per every barrage, its like perma manyshot, also ability to fire 5th and 6th bolt occasionaly.
Also you can play in dcrusader and raise that chance above 100% firing during the buff 6/7 bolts.
I mean im not a brainiac, and doesnt take me long to figure out how broken that will be compared to current monkchers.
Also the facts that you can drop monk etc and are straight forward with build options.
Opens up ability to do a 14 palie 6 whatever gives best benefit elf for example or sun elf as prolly best choice.

I mean, im all cool with playing something like that, but it just sounds silly to me compared to monkchers.
You basically just need ranger levels/elfish race and a xbow, even tilos build might be great now.
Int based pure ranger with repeteater..
Sigh..
Also you can abuse the stuff from barb, since barbs crit rage works and aplies its crit increase after feat for ranged, you can basically build a repeteater burst or sustained dps beast.
I mean cmon, a barb repteater build will be viable, doesnt that like sound stupid?

All they will do with this is, kill monkchers and create something more powerful then monkchers were, putting many players who farmed for th bows into grief due to need to swap to xbows
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:19am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Teh_Troll
Ex Member

Reply #52 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 10:05am
Print Post  
I don't know about monks... They are pretty much fucked from all sides at the moment.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #53 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:03am
Print Post  
Quote:
I don't know about monks... They are pretty much fucked from all sides at the moment.

Well, they keep saying that they want the game to feel more like P&P....

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #54 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:13am:
All they will do with this is, kill monkchers

Shitting on monk based builds is just another day in the office for Sev.

I mean cmon, a barb repteater build will be viable

Along with some icing on the cake.
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:06am by Munkenmo »  

PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #55 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 1:51am:
I had to abandon my Bard thrower because of the lack of Monk levels. I don't think I would dust it off even if they fixed the crit multiplier. Lately, I've been thinking a SWF Swash that switches to a thrown weapon to do a ranged CDG every few seconds would be optimal, but haven't quite decided on a way to build it. If Shadow Dodge wasn't so completely fucked as far as AP and bonuses go, I would just go with a dex build. 

Is SWF still shitting on thrown attack speeds? I guess for ranged CDG only then back to melee it wouldn't matter.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #56 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 24th, 2015 at 11:38pm:
That's debatable, even though there's a lot more doubleshot in the game now, the discussion I had with harharhar last year is still relevant.

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1396739803/25

For sure.

I think if Great Dex gets you to an even number, it's a better choice. If it doesn't, 1.5 damage is pretty excellent.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 8:42pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 9:04am:
Im pretty sure they didn't take it into account, but Im pretty sure they don't really give a flying fuck since its monkcher exclusive.

I hear ya. I think I agree. Sev, in particular, is so focused on monk hate that he's about to create another monk.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #58 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 10:41pm
Print Post  
This is what I'm looking at for Gear:

Eyes: E. Glimpse
Head: M. Minos
Neck: Mystic Eidolon
Trinket: E. Litany
Back: Adamantine Wolf (Swaps: Prismatics, Green Steel)
Waist: E. Thoughtful Remembrance
Ring1: EE Consuming Darkness
Hands: HE Backstabber
Feet: E. Innocent
Ring2: Avithoul
Wrists: E. Ethereal
Quiver: E. Alacrity (Swap: EE poison)
Armor: Flawless Black
Mainhand: T3 TF Shuriken (Touch of flames, Wrath of Flames, Mortal Fear) (Swap: 1st degree burns for soloing)
Offhand: Celestia

Looks like 19 augment slots, plenty of room for everything worth slotting.

Good Luck
Blindness Immunity
Fear Immunity
Globe
Golem heart
+2 insight to leftover stats
+8 to leftover stats
+15 to leftover skills
etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #59 - Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:02pm
Print Post  
I'm considering swapping Minos for Dragon masque, and Backstabber for Gages though.

I'd have to slot fortification, vitality, sheltering. I'd lose +4 SA, 50 fortification, 25 vitality, 7 PRR, but gain 2d6 light, 2d6 negative, 2 insight SA, +5 UMD, 1 deadly,
« Last Edit: Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:03pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

FM
Dragon Raider

Reply #60 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:31am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 4:54am:
Just wanted to point out playstyle i toyed with that i consider way better then the non archer focus exploiting ones.
What i found personally is that trash is non existent once you hit 28 anyways, no matter what destiny you pick.
You basically only need a t3 mortal fear shuri and trash is dead no matter what you play in.
And i played with it and guildie is still one, for couple months
Dunno if i should call it a exploit, not sure, its actually wai but gives so much free damage to people who like to play more aggresisve and consider tosser boss dps horrible

Crazy. My primary thrower is T5 in Deepwood. The red name DPS really is where that tree shines. I tested the character on Lamannia with the new Ranged Power added and both weapon damage (nothing added) and sneak attack damage were hitting for around 250 each - full Blitz, 25 stacks of Archers Focus - easy things to do in a boss fight.

I'm suddenly feeling less ashamed about never updating or correcting the feat and AP choices in the Backwoods Chucker thread. That's OK, it was America's least favorite throwing build anyway.

IP Logged

5 fooot step
Ex Member

Reply #61 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
I know thrower builds...

Check out my build!

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #62 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:36am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:02pm:
I'd have to slot fortification

I'm hoping for exceptional fort augments in the future.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:16am
Print Post  
I mean cmon, a barb repteater build will be viable, doesnt that like sound stupid?

yes! and blood str will proc on your bolts for extra lulz!

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #64 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:16am:
yes! and blood str will proc on your bolts for extra lulz!

Thag shoot man.  Thag feel better.

Cheesy

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #65 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:50am
Print Post  
FM wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:31am:
Crazy. My primary thrower is T5 in Deepwood. The red name DPS really is where that tree shines. I tested the character on Lamannia with the new Ranged Power added and both weapon damage (nothing added) and sneak attack damage were hitting for around 250 each - full Blitz, 25 stacks of Archers Focus - easy things to do in a boss fight.

I'm suddenly feeling less ashamed about never updating or correcting the feat and AP choices in the Backwoods Chucker thread. That's OK, it was America's least favorite throwing build anyway.

I always had a special place in my heart for it. It was a great build. No question that thread influenced my rogue heavy version of my builds
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2015 at 11:53am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:14pm
Print Post  
Heya Har!

Any thoughts or changes to your M2: Dark Stars build in light of U25 or is it too early to tell?

I'm thinking of finally unlocking Arti and rebuilding my M2 to a Tinkerhell but then again, it seems like a lot of work  Tongue

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #67 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:29pm
Print Post  
def too early to tell, as well me not having logged in for 6 months.

i have re-downloaded the client though, so you never know.

The tinker-hell really was ridiculously fun. If you like thrower builds you should try it.

IP Logged

ChewyOoeyGoOey
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #68 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 12:29pm:
def too early to tell, as well me not having logged in for 6 months.

i have re-downloaded the client though, so you never know.

The tinker-hell really was ridiculously fun. If you like thrower builds you should try it.

I hear ya as it looks like fun!

Part of the "a lot of work" I failed to mention is that I'll have to grind out Doubleshot EPL's as I have none since I took 3x Colors.

Ah well, I'll put it on the To Do List.

Hope to see you online soon  Wink

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:59pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 25th, 2015 at 11:05am:
Shitting on monk based builds is just another day in the office for Sev.

Along with some icing on the cake.

Dude, Sev's level of monk-hate hardly even registers.  Look at the absolute ass-fucking he just gave Assassins, he actually found ways to make them suck more while supposedly doing a improvement pass.

Monks have had a amazing run, and will continue to do so, What you see as monk-hate is only a shadow of the kind of crap rangers, artys, and Horcs have lived with for the past few years.

Don't get me wrong, it sucks, but if having FoTW moderately nerfed is the worse thing happening to your uppper end you doing alright. 

And correct me if I'm wrong you are on the PC right? well use that to do something, you have access to Turby and the Devs that none of us do.
« Last Edit: Mar 26th, 2015 at 6:00pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #70 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:00pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 5:59pm:
And correct me if I'm wrong you are on the PC right? well use that to do something, you have access to Turby and the Devs that none of us do.

I am. I've tried.

Negative or counter feedback isn't wanted. I'm probably considered a dissident, at best I get lip service.

Ideas are finalized long before they get to the council.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:07pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
I am. I've tried.

Negative or counter feedback isn't wanted. I'm probably considered a dissident, at best I get lip service.

It would be best if they just came out and said we don't want to do "x" and we are not.  Then everyone could just moving on without talking about "x" anymore.

Instead they let discussion run rampant over things that simply aren't changing.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:11pm
Print Post  
Halfling with monk/ranger/rogue still seems the way to go for me.  With investments in the race core, ninja spy, DWS, and harper.

Shiradi and shadowdancer are legit.  I was never a fan of FotW or AA tree.  Too much junk to take for my tastes.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #73 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 9:30am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:00pm:
I am. I've tried.

Mournlands in all but name.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #74 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 9:31am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:11pm:
Halfling with monk/ranger/rogue still seems the way to go for me.

That's what I used to run. Couldn't give up the run speed so 15Mnk/3Rog/2Rgr. I knew it wasn't optimal but run speed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11
Send TopicPrint