Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) U29 AA Shuriken (Read 83093 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: U25 Shuriken
Reply #75 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 10:42am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Mar 26th, 2015 at 7:07pm:
Instead they let discussion run rampant over things that simply aren't changing.

It is the best way to distract people. Keeps them busy.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #76 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
where can i find info on what's changing with ranged/thrown combat? is it on Lama? is it ED based? I read about the Rogue changes but those are sort of minor

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #77 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 6:04pm
Print Post  
I went with a very weird build on lama to test stuff, gave up on 10 k and tried to see how dshoot is, there is a nice trick which i doubt will make it to live .
Funny to mess with it ..
Managed to get to uhm if i remember right 73 % dshoot sustained, kinda silly tho.

Anyways, blitz in thrower got a huge buff with damage, took me hmm after trying to get to safe spot to properly time and giving up since laptop is garbage, maybe 40ish seconds in total to beat cabal dude down.
But this is with laggy pc, laggy junk as hell, while trying to record with phone, while trying to drink.

With a better build, pretty sure i can do the beatdown extremely fast, keep in mind, wer talking about possible under 25 seconds on shuri builds which have the most horrible boss dps in ddo

Sting is also somehwat fixed as well

Will try a xbow rogue smthn later

Also fellas keep in mind that a pure acrobat might be really good now that tumble buff duration is 12 seconds
The capstone is freaking amazing right now imo.
Need to check if vorpal part induces helpless tho.
Will do later^

Melle got  a slight nerf while ranged got a colossal buff.
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 6:34pm by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #78 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 6:25pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 5:54pm:
where can i find info on what's changing with ranged/thrown combat? is it on Lama? is it ED based? I read about the Rogue changes but those are sort of minor

http://www.ddovault.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1426803957/48#48

most of it is listed there

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #79 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 7:40pm
Print Post  
Wow 25s on a shuri is just silly.  That's close to max barb dps =.=
« Last Edit: Mar 27th, 2015 at 7:41pm by AtomicMew »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #80 - Mar 27th, 2015 at 11:35pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 6:04pm:

Sting is also somehwat fixed as well

What's this? Sting of the Ninja was not working when I tested it on Lammania.

(Edit: Nevermind, I see that they updated Lam. I'll have to put Sting in my build layout. Hmmm, I wonder if that makes Poison Exploit or whatever it's called viable.)
« Last Edit: Mar 28th, 2015 at 12:29am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #81 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 12:46am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Mar 27th, 2015 at 11:35pm:
(Edit: Nevermind, I see that they updated Lam. I'll have to put Sting in my build layout. Hmmm, I wonder if that makes Poison Exploit or whatever it's called viable.)

I'm wondering whether Sting of the Ninja ruins Celestia's DR bypassing abilities?

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #82 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 12:55am
Print Post  
LOL, I might have to end up going Drow to take Weapon Focus with those feat changes.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #83 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 2:44am
Print Post  
Arkat wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 12:46am:
I'm wondering whether Sting of the Ninja ruins Celestia's DR bypassing abilities?

No, it doesn't change the celestia in any way, it's just an additional proc.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Whatamidoing
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #84 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 3:19am
Print Post  
well its all good new for Shuri's anyway.

I guess there will be a lot of throwers and crossbow build coming out. to balance out the Paladins and barbs.

I just took out sting of the ninja on my current Shuri build (drop) so when this update drops I will have to see it working properly. I don't have lamina or time to test much. so appreciate you guys doing all the leg work and theory crafting.

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #85 - Mar 28th, 2015 at 9:10am
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on Mar 28th, 2015 at 2:44am:
No, it doesn't change the celestia in any way, it's just an additional proc.

Excellent. Thanks.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

that_arrow_guy
Waterworks Kobold

nothing to see here, move
along

Reply #86 - Mar 29th, 2015 at 3:17am
Print Post  
i been thinking of making one of these

I have too many toons

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #87 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 4:51pm
Print Post  
So whats the main source of the boost? Just the increased Ranged power?

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #88 - Mar 30th, 2015 at 7:28pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Mar 30th, 2015 at 4:51pm:
So whats the main source of the boost? Just the increased Ranged power?

And couple new bugs, at least on lama (benefical) and some fixing ( like sting), and couple feats also granting ranged power as well.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #89 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 10:12am
Print Post  
How much does ranged power actually affect a shuri throw?  Does it amplify the meager base damage only (and Crits) or are the procs also affected?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #90 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 3:11pm
Print Post  
Main damage number on a Shuri should not be meager. More meager than a bow with x3 crit? Yes, but not meager in general.

With the fixes to crit ranges and threat profiles for throwers, the main damage number became a very significant amount of the damage.

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #91 - Apr 1st, 2015 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
GHAAA! For the love of god! I cant take it anymore! Why is everybody just buying it that pure monk is even remotely decent for a shuriken build?! And wow: some ppl actually think its the best... Depressing to put it mildly I say. Pure monk is by far not the best shuri build, I will not post a good shuri build here and now, I will just bash this so called 'build' so hard that it will be butthurt for ages to come.

First of all: how is a pure anything a 'build', its pure! Its like stacking 20 bricks on top of eachother and go: 'check out my design, i got architectural talent up the ass yo!' Also, i want you to take comfort in the fact that my nerdrage is not your fault, its like 95% retraceable to a certain wise-ass, OP of a pure monk shuri 'build', and the corresponding uninspired build, of which the posts go on and on and on, on the official DDO forum. Ive had multiple lost souls asking me for Deconstructor augments (dafuq?!) just because appearantly it was in that thread, how misguided, they are like retarded sheep under guidance of a herder with reversed logic.

Here my attempts to critize the build in a grounded manner:

1.) First of all, whats ur tier 5 enhancements on le pure monk....? -2 str on hit? Do u have any idea of the minimal amounts of fucks given by a mob, when u damage its str?  I sure dont, cuz i wasnt retarded enough to consider taking ninja spy tier 5's on a thrower, or any build for that matter. Matter of fact, the exact amount of fucks given by a mob over 10 str damage when its being reduced to a bloody pulp in at most 3 seconds later, is reduced by 50% on EE's. I hope u like nothing cuz the number is pretty darn close to that. Tier 5's are among the potentially strongest enhancements and shouldnt be lame. Sure it will become helpless after x amount of hits but it will die first.

2.) Common motivation i see as to why pure and why is this build that 'good', is the capstone. Sure, its not bad, but allow me to underplay the enhancement. +4 threat = +20% crit chance, which more or less equals +20% physical damage from critting. Is it Example: 20% of (80 phys dmg/star x 70 dex): 80 × 2.4 × 0.2 = 38.4 dmg average per throw. Yes, seeker will make it more but w/e. Then take an alternative, for example Notharhar's splits, which add 10 dex (shadow dodge & tensors). This makes 85 × 2.6 = 221 which is 15% more then 192... BUT MR.HANK THATS LESS THAN 20%!? Yes, dear nublet but it also comes with procs, sneak dmg, cc, and is not susceptible by fortification. On TF procs are 10-60 + w/e, point made, its more. Besides, arent ya using MF at cap? All forms of dps fade into pointlessness compared to MF, 10 dex -> +20% doubleshot... tensors adds throw rate...

3-9.) Wiz gives blur, displacement, gust of wind, knock (viable? Nfi). No need to drag around stacks of scrolls of shield spell, invis, ff, maybe merfolks, or u can tumble around like a freaking stoat, fascinating all but purple nameds. Oh! And grease, higher dc, longer duration. Always fun!
Also, 2 spellcasting feats, (quicken?!?! And uhm... -.- extend? Errr, never played a wiz split personally). Rogue gives a ton of sneak damage, 5d6. And if u for some reason would want to trap, u can trap! Also, rogue gives evasion! A must for any monk. Right, u lose improved evasion but can u get higher reflexes? If ur not a bad u wont get hit by aoe's for shit... but you are ^.^
Abundant step... love how u can rely on it, use it 2-3 times, run out of ki, and die horribly.

Bah. In my head i had more fundaments for hatred towards the build...

Now, for ur 'build' specifically:

You are maxing wis, and put zero pts in con... oh yeah, let me guess... you are ranged dps and dont need con? Ur not telling me u can run around ee wgu, or ee necro, NOT get cc'd and get raped to death sideways... there is a point when you will die, so ffs turn 2 wis into 6 con.

Your lvl 27 feat is dex... Really?! If u would twist epic will from magister instead of unneeded enlightment i would get it, but ur gonna want epic will or maybe if ur dumb even epic reflexes is better. Rolling 1's on will saves.... ur gonna have a bad time, m'kay.

Ur lvl 28 feat is doubleshot. If you're doing it right (yeah.... no...) then u should have 10k up and/or on CD most of the time, giving -100% DS... 'Fuck! I only got 150% doubleshot! Ima get 10% more and so spontaneously unbad myself' Elusive target.

Then twists. Damage boost isnt bad. Consider standing with stone, piercing clarity, grim precision, epic will/fortitude however.

Also, shiradi procs are like 14.5 damage per star, altogether, basicly only nerve venom makes shiradi kickass. Try mastering pin/otto's, twist em, and blitz, u can have ur targets helpless non stop if ur good, and get like 50% more dps from physical, sneak and crit damage. Idk if its better i never tried. If u stay shiradi, get tea, its good.

Phew. Im done. I hope i wasnt mean, let alone condescending. Again: not ur fault.

Have fun and good luck!

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #92 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:53am
Print Post  
MisterHank wrote on Apr 1st, 2015 at 5:03pm:
GHAAA! For the love of god! I cant take it anymore! Why is everybody just buying it that pure monk is even remotely decent for a shuriken build?! And wow: some ppl actually think its the best... Depressing to put it mildly I say. Pure monk is by far not the best shuri build, I will not post a good shuri build here and now, I will just bash this so called 'build' so hard that it will be butthurt for ages to come.

First of all: how is a pure anything a 'build', its pure! Its like stacking 20 bricks on top of eachother and go: 'check out my design, i got architectural talent up the ass yo!' Also, i want you to take comfort in the fact that my nerdrage is not your fault, its like 95% retraceable to a certain wise-ass, OP of a pure monk shuri 'build', and the corresponding uninspired build, of which the posts go on and on and on, on the official DDO forum. Ive had multiple lost souls asking me for Deconstructor augments (dafuq?!) just because appearantly it was in that thread, how misguided, they are like retarded sheep under guidance of a herder with reversed logic.

Here my attempts to critize the build in a grounded manner:

1.) First of all, whats ur tier 5 enhancements on le pure monk....? -2 str on hit? Do u have any idea of the minimal amounts of fucks given by a mob, when u damage its str?  I sure dont, cuz i wasnt retarded enough to consider taking ninja spy tier 5's on a thrower, or any build for that matter. Matter of fact, the exact amount of fucks given by a mob over 10 str damage when its being reduced to a bloody pulp in at most 3 seconds later, is reduced by 50% on EE's. I hope u like nothing cuz the number is pretty darn close to that. Tier 5's are among the potentially strongest enhancements and shouldnt be lame. Sure it will become helpless after x amount of hits but it will die first.

2.) Common motivation i see as to why pure and why is this build that 'good', is the capstone. Sure, its not bad, but allow me to underplay the enhancement. +4 threat = +20% crit chance, which more or less equals +20% physical damage from critting. Is it Example: 20% of (80 phys dmg/star x 70 dex): 80 × 2.4 × 0.2 = 38.4 dmg average per throw. Yes, seeker will make it more but w/e. Then take an alternative, for example Notharhar's splits, which add 10 dex (shadow dodge & tensors). This makes 85 × 2.6 = 221 which is 15% more then 192... BUT MR.HANK THATS LESS THAN 20%!? Yes, dear nublet but it also comes with procs, sneak dmg, cc, and is not susceptible by fortification. On TF procs are 10-60 + w/e, point made, its more. Besides, arent ya using MF at cap? All forms of dps fade into pointlessness compared to MF, 10 dex -> +20% doubleshot... tensors adds throw rate...

3-9.) Wiz gives blur, displacement, gust of wind, knock (viable? Nfi). No need to drag around stacks of scrolls of shield spell, invis, ff, maybe merfolks, or u can tumble around like a freaking stoat, fascinating all but purple nameds. Oh! And grease, higher dc, longer duration. Always fun!
Also, 2 spellcasting feats, (quicken?!?! And uhm... -.- extend? Errr, never played a wiz split personally). Rogue gives a ton of sneak damage, 5d6. And if u for some reason would want to trap, u can trap! Also, rogue gives evasion! A must for any monk. Right, u lose improved evasion but can u get higher reflexes? If ur not a bad u wont get hit by aoe's for shit... but you are ^.^
Abundant step... love how u can rely on it, use it 2-3 times, run out of ki, and die horribly.

Bah. In my head i had more fundaments for hatred towards the build...

Now, for ur 'build' specifically:

You are maxing wis, and put zero pts in con... oh yeah, let me guess... you are ranged dps and dont need con? Ur not telling me u can run around ee wgu, or ee necro, NOT get cc'd and get raped to death sideways... there is a point when you will die, so ffs turn 2 wis into 6 con.

Your lvl 27 feat is dex... Really?! If u would twist epic will from magister instead of unneeded enlightment i would get it, but ur gonna want epic will or maybe if ur dumb even epic reflexes is better. Rolling 1's on will saves.... ur gonna have a bad time, m'kay.

Ur lvl 28 feat is doubleshot. If you're doing it right (yeah.... no...) then u should have 10k up and/or on CD most of the time, giving -100% DS... 'Fuck! I only got 150% doubleshot! Ima get 10% more and so spontaneously unbad myself' Elusive target.

Then twists. Damage boost isnt bad. Consider standing with stone, piercing clarity, grim precision, epic will/fortitude however.

Also, shiradi procs are like 14.5 damage per star, altogether, basicly only nerve venom makes shiradi kickass. Try mastering pin/otto's, twist em, and blitz, u can have ur targets helpless non stop if ur good, and get like 50% more dps from physical, sneak and crit damage. Idk if its better i never tried. If u stay shiradi, get tea, its good.

Phew. Im done. I hope i wasnt mean, let alone condescending. Again: not ur fault.

Have fun and good luck!

Hi welcome.

I never said this was the "best" shuriken build. I may have said something like "I'm trying to figure out what will be best after the next update."

I am not whatever guy on the DDO forums that you seem to upset with.

First of all #1: A pure build is still a build. A build is more than class choice, obviously.

1.) (First of all #2): Crippling Strike is filler. I picked it because it actually adds something (as opposed to putting those points in faster sneaking) now that epic mobs aren't mostly immune to stat damage. What else am I going to take? True, If I end up swapping out contemplation I would have enough points to take t5 in harper, but t5s aren't necessary on every build.

2.): The capstone is excellent. 2 dex, vorpal, and +4 crit range. You are vastly underestimating the physical damage, I was getting 300+ (900+) crits first number damage per attack on Lam the other day. Also, you are not taking into account that Shadow Dodge is being nerfed/bugfixed down to 3 dex, and that I can scroll Tenser's (and that Tenser's is not absolutely vital to have up 100% of the time since monk = full BAB when centered for purposes of attack animation). So Shadow Dodge is still 1 more compared to capstone, but then Harhar's build does not have enough points to get 4 dex out of Harper, so...

3-9.) Blur? pointless. Displacement? clickies. Gust of Wind? Don't run through the cloud spells. Knock? lol.  Scrolling is easy on a build with quickdraw, and I hate trapping. Also, I built for 2 passive ki regen, so I'll be able to abundant step/shadow fade when I need to.

More: 42 Wis is more important than HP.

Saves shouldn't be an issue.

You have a valid point about the doubleshot feat, but it's not that bad. Even if I hit 10k stars every 60 secs, it still averages to a full time +2.5% doubleshot. In practice you don't hit 10k stars every 60 seconds most of the time.

I plan on trying out different ED's and twists when u25 goes live. I'll probably skip on Tea though. It only adds DPS very rarely.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #93 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:13am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Apr 2nd, 2015 at 2:53am:
and that Tenser's is not absolutely vital to have up 100% of the time since monk = full BAB when centered for purposes of attack animation)

Commoner epic levels are not full BAB
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 7:15am by Munkenmo »  

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

MisterHank
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #94 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 8:06am
Print Post  
Touché, sir.

Yes you didn't say it was the best, i probably should have quoted the guy on page 2 or 3. However many ppl do claim it is the top shuriken build, which it is not.

I took the darkstar or whats it called exactly (?) build as an example for an alternative. I believe its better to have more stars then more crits. Its gonna be near impossible to fundament either option, cuz, u know, many factors and different flavors. Im gonna sound like a douche now but im on a shuri build that outrapes the 'conventional' builds found on the forums, unless they are on mortal fear, which i dont have (why? Didnt feel like it) as i say this i should also say im butthurt that i dont got a MF shuri, cuz..... tell me if you think mortal fear kindof ruins the game (at least on shuri and wolf builds). I think it does, im not calling it op, its just that its, uhm, whats the word, bullshit. Like i said it has other sources of dps/procs fade into nothingness, id almost call it a waste of time to actually invest in ur dps stat or whatever, you just maximize ur dps massively by increasing rate of hits, 'fuck other mechanics yo'. If theres one of those twf/swf wolves in the group i just feel like piking, while i watch a white hairy flash zoom across my screen seemingly 1 shotting all but reds. But, that aside...

You say '42 wis is more important than con'. May i assume u say this because between a wisdom value of 42 and 56, the increase in wis gives the most bang for ur buck because the 3rd additional projectile (6th) starts to proc at 42 wisdom. If you look at the 10k stars formula real closely tho, you may soon realize that the chance to proc 3 additional stars from 10k stars, is nihil. Matter of fact i did the math just now to make sure im not an idiot, and the chance for +3 stars seems to range from 0.2% (mhm) at 42 wis, to 3.88% with 56 wis (wtf? Thats pretty goshdarn low, is that even right? Not gonna doublecheck right now). So basicly i would reconsider the importance u attach to hitting over 42 wis, cuz the return increase can hardly be called an increase.

So: 2 wis vs 6 con -> the expectancy value or amount of shuriken to be expected increases by +-6.3% by increasing wisdom from 40 to 42. That vs. 84 more hp. Fair enough. The dps increase is bigger than i had guessed, im taking the hp at least, i need to pin shit yo.

F me that was a crap ton of effort just to make sense. Yes. Im bored, in the bus, not that i have a life however.

Ur blessed for having the high powered concentration to keep displacement going constantly. Gs clickies arent cheap however, for some folks.

Have fun.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #95 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 11:10am
Print Post  
The best of monk is still in that 3 - 6 level range for throwers.  Crit range can be achieved in other ways.  That's why it's very debatable on the rest of the levels.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #96 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
I think with ranged power being added, and with swashbuckler still broken, 20 Monk is a perfectly good thrower build. My arguments and builds are all changing because the state of ranged and thrown combat are changing.

Most significantly:

-Ranged Power makes the obscene crit power of 20 Monk Ninja Assassin with shurikens very good

-I don't know what is changing with 10k, so this could all make a difference in the Doubleshot vs. 10k argument. Previously, with some work and PL's, would could get enough Doubleshot to ignore 10k (Tinkerhell). I dont know if this will become more true or less true with u25

-With Shadow Dodge changing from 6 Dex to 3 Dex, obviously that's a big hit. None of my builds have been updated for this change

-The only way to get Dex to Damage as a thrower is a. Being a Halfling or b. Being a /3 Monk and centered. You can use Harper for Int to damage, but that's dumb since you need Dex for extra Shuriken procs.

Sadly, when they fixed Ninja Master for Crit threat, and DID NOT fix Swashbuckling stance crit range, with the addition of Ranged power and slight nerf from Shadowdodge coming in u25, the delta between my old builds and the Pure Monk became much smaller.

What my builds primarily had over pure 20 monk throwers was:
- 8-10 Dexterity (6 from Shadow Dodge, 2-4 extra from Enhancements trees, and 4 from Tensers, -4 from not having Ninja Master capstone)
- More SA dice
- Maxed Throwing speed
- Arguably better saves and AC
- Much better self buffing capability

But
- Lower crit threat (17-20 vs. 15-20)

I think my old builds are still arguably more robust, survivable, and adaptable to situations. But the large delta I felt they had in straight-up DPS seems to be narrowing. At least, that's my read not having actively played or built in the last 6 months.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 1:25pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #97 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
That's a pretty good assessment of the damage based on my testing. I have a guildy that copied your build, so I'll be able to do a side by side comparison once the update hits live.

Don't forget the rest of the pure monk perks:

-20% Fast movement
-better base fort and will saves
-9 more monk AC
-Spell Resistance
-Poison "immunity"
-DR 10/epic
-Improved Evasion
-Abundant Step
-Shadow Walk
-Immune to falling damage

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #98 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
« Last Edit: Apr 27th, 2015 at 2:17am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Pants Shitter
Korthos Resident

I Love Llamas!

Reply #99 - Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:18pm
Print Post  
10k is good on a tosser. I don't know if you really need to nurture wisdom so much though. Might get more use spreading points into INT and/or CHA (edit: CON) . With a Dex approaching 80 and a decent doubleshot, you're doing 3-4 stars most of the time and even with, say a 26-30 wis, you're upping that to 4-5 stars most of the time. The huge investment in wisdom doesn't seem to pay off on a tosser.

Also it's one less cooldown and (two if you count your yellow bar) to manage. Take 10k because why not, but don't focus on it.

I have been playing around with LD and twisting in Whirling wrists, Double rainbow (minus rainbow, it's a thing) and Prism, along with 3x colors. That along with all your gear procs (MF, PF, fiery det, meteor, improved deception, tendon slice, ?)  is plenty of Shiradi fun, plus you get to blitz. Missing Sense Weakness and pin, but you're going to have full no mercy, and doing so much AoE proc and IPS that nothing is going to live long enough to grab helpless status.

3 monk, drow, ranged feats, shit ton of dex. You can't really fuck it up.

holy sword is fun. So is derpwoods. knock yourself out.
« Last Edit: Apr 2nd, 2015 at 10:20pm by Pants Shitter »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11
Send TopicPrint