Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Need hjelp (Read 11477 times)
Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Re: Need hjelp
Reply #25 - May 1st, 2015 at 1:34pm
Print Post  
Are monks pretty much 2nd and 3rd rate now?

Is there any truly legit monk builds?

Pure monk BladeForged like Munk likes? Are there others?

ALSO: Do barbs have something that makes mobs helpless? (I've barely played them) Do pallys have something make mobs helpless?

Which is better at taking out groups?

Also, how does the Bard stack up?
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2015 at 1:42pm by Meat-Head »  

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Starkjade
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Rogue Scholar

Reply #26 - May 1st, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 1:34pm:
Are monks pretty much 2nd and 3rd rate now?

Is there any truly legit monk builds?

Pure monk BladeForged like Munk likes? Are there others?

ALSO: Do barbs have something that makes mobs helpless? (I've barely played them) Do pallys have something make mobs helpless?

It's not that monks are bad, per se, but the others got buffed up way past them, like a proxy nerf.  Nothing much has changed with monks that I know of.

Stunning blow is very effective on barbs, there is also Knockout from the Occult Slayer tree (but it doesn't look great) and a knockdown effect from Berserker.  There's stat damage, too, but you'll kill stuff far too quickly for it to be effective.

Paladins have several stuns in the Vanguard tree, but they require an equipped shield.

I'd say barbs are better at taking out groups, if only because their healing is auto-on-kill, but both have improved cleaves.  Pallys have a defensive edge, though.

Bards have that awesome freezing ice CC ability, fascinate, an insta-kill ability, but less hp and defense.  Not that you need either when nothing is moving.

Two sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm shitfaced

IP Logged

Munkenmo
Epic Poster

Reply #27 - May 1st, 2015 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Pure monk BladeForged like Munk likes? Are there others

I was trolling you.  I absolutely would not take a monk beyond level 12 now.  *which makes me sad as I'm loathe to make an unarmed monk without QP.

Monks have been left so far behind that I've ditched mine, and my monk is my namesake.

So you want to know about an exploit?
PM Epoch For Details. Or, in case you don't already know, OnePercenter controls the Exploits Board. Lastly, if you're truly desperate, Vendui Tells Everyone

IP Logged

Arkat
Chonus Christ

Hola Bienvenido

Reply #28 - May 1st, 2015 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Munkenmo wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 4:38pm:
Monks have been left so far behind that I've ditched mine, and my monk is my namesake.

I hear you Munk. I still have my BF Monk, Arkat, and I VERY RARELY log him in.

Stand on hills of long-forgotten yesterdays...

Looking for a sign that the Universal Mind has written you into the Passion Play.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #29 - May 1st, 2015 at 5:23pm
Print Post  
I can't believe the day would come where I am thinking about making a barb....

Pally is more likely. My main was originally a "battle cleric" (lol). I've tried to stay somewhat close to the whole divine warrior theme when possible.

Besides, it's easier to deal with one weapon rather than two.

Does eSoS still stand up? Or, are Thunderforged where it's at now? Others?

It feels weird to not know these things. 6 months and so much has changed. I used to do spreadsheets comparing DPS profiles of different weapons..

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #30 - May 1st, 2015 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 5:23pm:
Does eSoS still stand up? Or, are Thunderforged where it's at now? Others?

tf at 28.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #31 - May 1st, 2015 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
So stunning blow is pretty much out now?

What about the argument with 5 Foot about S&B v THF. Is one clearly better than the other? Did that change with any recent updates/patches, etc?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #32 - May 1st, 2015 at 10:52pm
Print Post  
ALSO: Do barbs have something that makes mobs helpless? (I've barely played them)

Balanced Attacks (as a twist), but it's available to any TWF, animal or unarmed build.

Do pallys have something make mobs helpless?

Censure in KotC is pretty nice.

In general THF pally, but if you're following my barb build you can take them out faster with cleaves and consecration/castigation. (Yes, my barb is a "divine warior", lol.)

Swashbuckler bard is #3 for single target DPS behind Barb and Pally, but brings a ton of versatility to the table in tons of buffing and other useful spells, instakills via coup de grace, tactics via frozen fury, etc.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #33 - May 1st, 2015 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 5:40pm:
What about the argument with 5 Foot about S&B v THF. Is one clearly better than the other? Did that change with any recent updates/patches, etc?

S&B is the way to go if you want a tanky or defense-oriented character, BUT there is really no non-flavor reason to build for that in the game right now. If there were enough AP (like 145 maybe) to heavily invest in all 4 trees, then a dwarven S&B paladin would be amazing. With only 80 AP I would only call it viable compared to the top melee builds. YMMV.
« Last Edit: May 1st, 2015 at 11:02pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #34 - May 1st, 2015 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all the input!

IP Logged

Who Cares
Not this guy ^^^

You sir, are a dickbag.

Reply #35 - May 1st, 2015 at 11:51pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 11:48pm:
Thanks for all the input!

Had a visit from Rubbins ay?

Fuck Off, That is all
Strakeln wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 9:17pm:
WC can do whatever he wants.

[] wrote on Feb 6th, 2017 at 11:26pm:
Public Service Announcement: your servers are not dead; if you can't find groups, it means you suck and/or nobody likes you.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #36 - May 1st, 2015 at 11:55pm
Print Post  
Who Cares wrote on May 1st, 2015 at 11:51pm:
Had a visit from Rubbins ay?

Eye sea whut ewe dyd.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #37 - May 2nd, 2015 at 4:54am
Print Post  
TRed into BF Pally. Worst case, I could use another BF past life.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #38 - May 2nd, 2015 at 6:03am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 4:54am:
TRed into BF Pally. Worst case, I could use another BF past life.

I just updated my pally build, if that's what you're going by.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #39 - May 2nd, 2015 at 6:07am
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on Apr 30th, 2015 at 4:16pm:
So, I've been out of it since right around when Thunderholm came out.

My main is/was a completionist DC monk based on Q-palm which they nerfed hard.

I actually played the other day. The game is still fun even though only like 375 people were on Khyber when I logged on.. (I checked through Who Panel)

Anyway, can someone give me a summary of the viable builds now?

I've heard Pally got buffed with Holy Sword?
Something about Wolves?

I'm looking for melee of some flavor. I don't need ranged or caster. I also have a Shiradi sorc and a Monkcher (dunno if either of those are still as good as they were when I left..)

Listen not to the ignorant fools.

Pure rogue or 18 rog + 2 something, acrobat, sireth, divine cursader ed, and enjoy constant 80-100% doublestrike, massive damage, it übers ranger fury, as it wont suck balls, like furyies running out of adrenalines, or LD +75 melee power and 50 dodge which is crap. Only problem may be PRR, but that can be solved with a lil twisting, multiclassing with 2 something.

DPS output is just tremendously op. Roll Eyes
« Last Edit: May 2nd, 2015 at 6:07am by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 2nd, 2015 at 6:09am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 6:07am:
isten not to the ignorant fools.

pure barb

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #41 - May 2nd, 2015 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 6:03am:
I just updated my pally build, if that's what you're going by.

I am. What did you change?

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #42 - May 4th, 2015 at 11:10pm
Print Post  
Meat-Head wrote on May 2nd, 2015 at 7:54pm:
I am. What did you change?

Added Weapon Foci (dropping cleave and quicken) and moved around some points in KotC.
« Last Edit: May 4th, 2015 at 11:10pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint