Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Game really twitchy/not smooth (Read 16592 times)
DropBear
Dropbear Awareness Society

Don't forget to look up....

Re: Game really twitchy/not smooth
Reply #50 - Oct 7th, 2015 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 7:19pm:
When I run DDO from a stick, the "Full (Windowed)" mode drops to half my screen size.

I copied the DDO folder straight over. What did I miss?

Can we eliminate the obvious first.
Did you set the windowed Resolution up when you copied over?
Check that setting first.

Are you running multi-monitor?

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #51 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 2:25pm
Print Post  
I've got the game running playably now but I still ordered a thumb stick. Sadly my gaming rig doesn't have USB3.0, but I do expect some improvement. At the moment there's not a lot left to improve client-side for me, maybe faster load times. It still twitches here and there on DX9 but I know at least some of that is ordinary lag.

Next up: Oh God Why Won't Voice Chat Work For Me Ever On Any Machine Period?!

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #52 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 3:13pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 2:25pm:
Next up: Oh God Why Won't Voice Chat Work For Me Ever On Any Machine Period?!

Did you check the "Enable Voice Chat" box?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #53 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:15pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 3:13pm:
Did you check the "Enable Voice Chat" box?

Every single time. I think I had it working for a while a lifetime ago, but lately I can't even hear other people talk. I've checked all the settings, enabled chat, mike test, etc, nothing works. I'm doomed to be forever silent.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

totally
DQ Assaulter

Reply #54 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:16pm
Print Post  
It was the external program I use to manage my headset that caused my most recent issues after upgrading to Win 10. Razer software's compatibility department can go take a dump in their own ear as far as I'm concerned. Anyway, that'd be my tip, check that your mic levels are ok outside of DDO.

/grandmasuckingeggs
« Last Edit: Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:16pm by totally »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #55 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:18pm
Print Post  
That's what I'm going to do next time I get serious about it. I know one ongoing issue is how windows 7 has at least 3 different locations where the mike can be muted, and no simple "is my mike working?" test option. Sweet jesus it is dumb.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #56 - Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:18pm:
That's what I'm going to do next time I get serious about it. I know one ongoing issue is how windows 7 has at least 3 different locations where the mike can be muted, and no simple "is my mike working?" test option. Sweet jesus it is dumb.

That's the thing about Microsoft - there's multiple ways to do just about everything.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #57 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 7:09am
Print Post  
DropBear wrote on Oct 7th, 2015 at 9:33pm:
Can we eliminate the obvious first.
Did you set the windowed Resolution up when you copied over?
Check that setting first.

Are you running multi-monitor?

First thing I did was play with the Screen Mode, Resolution, and Windowed Resolution settings, because I wasn't getting the same setting as when I run from the hard drive.

2 monitors at the moment.

Modes, when running from stick:

Full Screen gives me my normal resolution. Of course, it locks my mouse to the game, making the 2nd monitor pointless. (Though I guess I could use this as inspiration to stretch the game across both monitors).

Full Screen (Windowed) gives me half, and grays out higher resolutions.

Windowed gives my normal resolution, but only if the previous mode was Full Screen. Switching from Full Screen (Windowed) to Windowed, it grays out higher resolutions. So that's odd. Also, when using the mouse away from the game window, and upon first click back inside the game window, both screens go black for a second, and the game window hides itself behind any other window I happen to have open.

When running from hard drive:

Full Screen: same.

Full Screen (Windowed) gives me full resolution. All screen resolutions are available.

Windowed gives full resolution, and no problems switching the mouse between windows.

I'm curious for curiosity's sake. My computer runs fine, and lag is fairly rare for me. (Probably because I solo 99% of the time).

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #58 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 8:56am
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Oct 8th, 2015 at 5:20pm:
That's the thing about Microsoft - there's multiple ways to do just about everything.

Yeah, and instead of "and any of them will fix it" it's "and all of them must be done to work reliably"  Angry

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #59 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 2:24am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Oct 9th, 2015 at 7:09am:
First thing I did was play with the Screen Mode, Resolution, and Windowed Resolution settings, because I wasn't getting the same setting as when I run from the hard drive.

2 monitors at the moment.

Modes, when running from stick:

Full Screen gives me my normal resolution. Of course, it locks my mouse to the game, making the 2nd monitor pointless. (Though I guess I could use this as inspiration to stretch the game across both monitors).

Full Screen (Windowed) gives me half, and grays out higher resolutions.

Windowed gives my normal resolution, but only if the previous mode was Full Screen. Switching from Full Screen (Windowed) to Windowed, it grays out higher resolutions. So that's odd. Also, when using the mouse away from the game window, and upon first click back inside the game window, both screens go black for a second, and the game window hides itself behind any other window I happen to have open.

When running from hard drive:

Full Screen: same.

Full Screen (Windowed) gives me full resolution. All screen resolutions are available.

Windowed gives full resolution, and no problems switching the mouse between windows.

I'm curious for curiosity's sake. My computer runs fine, and lag is fairly rare for me. (Probably because I solo 99% of the time).

Is this on the same machine? Because your user settings are not in the DDO folder, they are in My Documents.

One time when I tried switching from DX9 to DX10 (or was it DX11?) it grayed out several of the higher resolutions, including the one that I had been using. I said screw that, and tried switching back but they were still disallowed. It was like that for maybe a year. Then I had to more or less put that machine in storage for a couple weeks and played on something else for that time. When I got it out and set it back up I had all of the resolutions available again.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #60 - Oct 10th, 2015 at 5:11am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Oct 10th, 2015 at 2:24am:
Is this on the same machine? Because your user settings are not in the DDO folder, they are in My Documents.

IKR? It's on the same machine.

I've decided it's just not worth the potential bullshit to change the DX settings.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint