Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Re: u25 ranged builds? (Read 13861 times)
5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Re: u25 ranged builds?
Reply #25 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:52am:
cool.

The above is all that really needs to be ever said.

You heard him. Close the vault. We're done here.

I assume that if he had tested properly it would have been obvious. Therefore I also assume that he didn't test properly. He probably had a tier 3 repeater laying around from some gimp arti life when he already tested gxbow. People tend to do what's easier. Not recrafting is easier. Not retesting is easier.

Seriously, this shouldn't be so mysterious. My mech is sitting at 28. The only build difference between the two weapon choices is 3 ap. When I log on a few days from now I'll go Bruntsmash head to head with all the gear, ED, and other variables being the same and we'll see which one comes out ahead.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:38am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:23am:
I assume that if he had tested properly it would have been obvious. Therefore I also assume that he didn't test properly. He probably had a tier 3 repeater laying around from some gimp arti life when he already tested gxbow.

Yeah, no. I'm going with the record breaking videos. You can go with your math theory and assumption of a player who builds and tests for solo records ddint try a gxbow. Not once, ever, at all. Youre out of your fucking mind. Look, just because youre wrong doesnt mean you have to say shit like that.

I'll go Bruntsmash head to head with all the gear, ED, and other variables being the same and we'll see which one comes out ahead.

How will that translate to the Tor record, the LoB record, the MA record. All of which are on a light repeater rogue?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #27 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:38am:
How will that translate to the Tor record, the LoB record, the MA record. All of which are on a light repeater rogue?

I don't know. You're the one that gives a shit about solo speed records. I only give a shit about what does the most DPS.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:14am
Print Post  
I thought it was obvious but for paladins repeaters are better all the time. It requires 18 rogue for gxbows to come close to repeaters if you have a needle that's better than any weapon 23-27 so gxbows might be better 18-22 (assuming pure) but 1-17, 23-27 repeaters are going to win.

I don't personally care about 28 but mortal fear alone is probably enough to put repeaters ahead but there are several other on hit affects that favor better RoF over base damage.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:26am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:10am:
I don't know. You're the one that gives a shit about solo speed records. I only give a shit about what does the most DPS.

You only give a shit about sounding like a head gassed idiot. Do yourself a favor. Check the achievements section. Look how many records are held by toons starting with the name gold. Then look at most of the other ones that aren't held by goldy and then see that his guild has the majority of them. Then try convincing yourself how an entire fucking guild that speed runs for records and holds the majority of the records somehow failed to fucking try a gxbow on the mech pass either on lama or live. When youre done with that deflate your gassed up head a little.

edit: theyre also on your server, khyber, right? Double Deviants. Maybe ask them or goldy himself. If all of them said they never tried a gxbow and only had a repeater lying around from a gimp arty life, then I will take your word.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:29am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #30 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:22am
Print Post  
Nubbinns isn't going to listen to me regardless of what tests I do.

Maybe he should think for himself instead of fapping to a ddo youtube channel? Given the infatuation, why doesn't he go to Khyber and ask Goldylocks about crossbows?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #31 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:46am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:22am:
Nubbinns isn't going to listen to me regardless of what tests I do.

Maybe he should think for himself instead of fapping to a ddo youtube channel? Given the infatuation, why doesn't he go to Khyber and ask Goldylocks about crossbows?

Aww, your feels are hurt. Poor baby!!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455942-***-multi-server-speed-runs-tra...

I also fap to that section too. Youre just jelly no one wants to fap to you. Although you are a tryhard, but youre just not good enough.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:47am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:02pm
Print Post  
there is no question gold is a min maxer, and a fantastic player.

The problem with DDO is that people (and I've been guilty of this before but try not to be) to say "this thing X is max DPS". Somewhat to 5 Foots point, nothing is max DPS until it's put into practice one way or another.

That means:

What are you fighting?
How many of them are there?
Are you AoE'ing or just single target dumping bursts?
DO they have fort?
Do you ever miss besides a one?
Do you get all of your proc damage all of the time?
Do you have enough Defenses to be doing DPS 100% of the time?
How often are you having to stop and heal versus do damage and move advantaegously?
How time does your buffing take?
Over the period time for which your objective takes does your buffing overall decrease TTK or increase it to do to animation.activation drag?

These are things that Rubbins thinks are accounted for in a speed record, which in some ways they are because GOld probably tried that FoT speed 30 times before he get all the gear, timing, boosts, buffs, and the actual run with some luck just right. This is something Rubbins seems to FAIL to understand.

A speed run means, generally, a highly tuned, generally well practiced, successful run at something with the single objective of finishing it as fast as you can by yourself. It can certainly highlight some important things like how surivivable a certain build and layout can be while putting out it's maximum DPS at the same time, under very specific conditions.

But what a speed run REALLY proves, is how good a player is at taking a certain set of stats, class abilities, and gear and applying them to the speed run quest at hand. I've tried to argue this in various ways in other threads to no avail against Rubbins, he doesn't seem to want to acknowledge the in-applicability of speed runs to general play. Agree to disagree, but thats my biggest problem as someone who makes builds and offers them up for others to try in game, not for solo speed runs. Gold is without question better at solo speed running than me, regardless of character. Because he does it all the time and gives a shit. I've done it once, and posted the results on the Vault. Its not my thing.

Playing the game in actuality, is absolutely nothing like running a solo speed run where you burn every resource you have with abandon to survive and finish as fast as possible.

It's not applicable to normal or even leet end game group gameplay. It's as simple as that.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:05pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #33 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:07pm
Print Post  
and I offer as logical evidence to my assertions that:

Give a less good and/or non-experienced solo speed runner the EXACT same circumstances as Gold and watch them fail to acheive his speed records.

Solo EE speed records are as much OR MORE about being good not only at DDO, but at solo EE speed records as they are about anything else. I think an accurate metaphor would be: don't expect a Gold Medal sprinter to be competitive in a 5k.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #34 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 2:07pm:
and I offer as logical evidence to my assertions that:

Give a less good and/or non-experienced solo speed runner the EXACT same circumstances as Gold and watch them fail to acheive his speed records.

Solo EE speed records are as much OR MORE about being good not only at DDO, but at solo EE speed records as they are about anything else. I think an accurate metaphor would be: don't expect a Gold Medal sprinter to be competitive in a 5k.

correct, but in this case the tool that speed runner is using is Light repeater. If gxbow were better as 5dicks in his mouth states then they would use it. But his entire assertion is that a whole guild of speed runners that set records are all doing it wrong. Which is so laughably retarded to such an extent that only a pompous douchebag with an ego would claim something like that. I mean, the guy went as far as trying to state : 5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:23am:
Therefore I also assume that he didn't test properly. He probably had a tier 3 repeater laying around from some gimp arti life when he already tested gxbow

The sheer amount of delusion in that guy's head is severe
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:18pm by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
Light repeaters are better than heavy repeaters?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:47pm:

probably not. IDK. hvy is 1d2 higher, but light has slight better RoF. And on 20 rogue hvy requires a feat.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #37 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:56pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:47pm:

Can't be. Rate of fire is the same according to Mr. Cow and MonkeyArcher (or was that cforce? It's been so long).
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:58pm by Technomage »  

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Justanotherlurker
Titan Demolisher

I Love Drama!

Reply #38 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:54pm:
And on 20 rogue hvy requires a feat.

No they get proficiency with the level 12 core

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #39 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:56pm:
Can't be. Rate of fire is the same according to Mr. Cow and MonkeyArcher (or was that cforce? It's been so long).

that is most likely outdated.

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/275144-Vanshilar-s-Attack-Speed-Index-...

Edited:
I haven't tested Rapid Shot/Rapid Reload/Quick Draw since Module 7, back when they provided a flat +5 attacks per minute to the attack animation (or less if the feat only partially affected the weapon). Any information I have on those feat interactions is woefully obsolete.

Quote:
On the topic of any kind of crossbow, I haven't looked at them since Artificers came out and they revised the rules on that. However, it is broken into 3 animations now: position to fire, fire, reload. Each animation has its own quirks, so it is a fairly complex beast.

same with monkeyarcher. his tests are from 2009.

Justanotherlurker wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:05pm:
No they get proficiency with the level 12 core

thx didnt notice.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #40 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:17pm:
correct, but in this case the tool that speed runner is using is Light repeater. If gxbow were better as 5dicks in his mouth states then they would use it. But his entire assertion is that a whole guild of speed runners that set records are all doing it wrong. Which is so laughably retarded to such an extent that only a pompous douchebag with an ego would claim something like that. I mean, the guy went as far as trying to state :

The sheer amount of delusion in that guy's head is severe

Again, completely depends on the situation.

GxBs excel in zero Fort situations. because they crit harder and more often with a negligibly slower RoF, and higher base damage and SA from Mechanic. Not being an expert on xbows I can't say for certain, but I imagine against zero fort enemies that GxBs are superior.

EE FoT is far from a zero Fort situation (though its variable based on your ability to bypass fort and skill at maintaining constant use of Assassins trick for example).

Therefore, no one has produced math for an EE Solo FoT that definitively shows that Repeaters or GxB's are better. If I had to guess, I would say that Gold either did the math or just ballparked that higher RoF over the 10 minutes on that particular mix of red names would be more efficacious than less hits but with more and bigger crits, mitigated by a reduced crit rate from high fort undead mobs.

This would be my guess.

It doesn't make 5Foot an idiot, but he isn't making his point very well as I understand it, which is that in general and outside of high fort mob situations GxB's mathematically are comfortably ahead of Repeaters, with 18+ levels of Rogue.
« Last Edit: Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:47pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #41 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 4:45pm:
EE FoT is far from a zero Fort situation (though its variable based on your ability to bypass fort and skill at maintaining constant use of Assassins trick for example).

But then why use the repeater in his ee tor solo if gxbow was that much better in there?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #42 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:17pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:13pm:
But then why use the repeater in his ee tor solo if gxbow was that much better in there?

either I was misleading or you read me wrong:

EE FoT is high fort situation
GxB's are best in zero Fort siutations
Repeaters are probably best in EE FoT since their damage comes proportionally more from number of hits instead of total damage per hit (as a function of criticals)

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:20pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 3:54pm:
probably not. IDK. hvy is 1d2 higher, but light has slight better RoF. And on 20 rogue hvy requires a feat.

Mech core 12 gives hvy proficiency, according to wiki at least.

IP Logged

Meat-Head
53%Moron57%Misunderstood

Why am I reading crap
on this forum?

Reply #44 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:29pm
Print Post  
AtomicMew wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:20pm:
Mech core 12 gives hvy proficiency, according to wiki at least. 

Yeah 4th core is heavy prof. 3rd is light. Checked in-game mech tree.

A half-dozen boss Vaulties donated generously with real money to my classroom during a fundraiser in May 2015 to get poor kids books to read. I won't forget that. They know who they are, and they freaking rule.

Disavowed wrote on Apr 19th, 2016 at 1:51pm:
Once you meat your personal goal you might want to give that some consideration.

Artorias wrote on Feb 10th, 2016 at 2:15pm:
Good grief Meat, you're hopeless. You would label the simple act of taking a shit as someone obeying the divine law of nature to leave a proof of existence.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #45 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:53pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 5:17pm:
either I was misleading or you read me wrong:

EE FoT is high fort situation
GxB's are best in zero Fort siutations
Repeaters are probably best in EE FoT since their damage comes proportionally more from number of hits instead of total damage per hit (as a function of criticals)

I understood, but he also has the ee tor record with same build and video doesnt show gxbow. Tor isnt fot.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #46 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:12pm
Print Post  
ah, haven't watched the Tor video. Tor is mostly giants with low fort though, so yeah GxB might be better.

Maybe he just doesn't have a fully upgraded TF GxB?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #47 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:16pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:12pm:
Maybe he just doesn't have a fully upgraded TF GxB?

probably, but I dont think it is because of a lack of trying them. Im sure when lama was up it's something they tried. Remember we are speaking about an entire guild of speed runners with alts encompassing many build types. We both agree that the amount of testing that goes into speed running isnt trivial.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #48 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
You heard him. Close the vault. We're done here.

afk squatting ddovaultvault .com .org .boobies and .diaf

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #49 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 9:28pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 6:46am:
Aww, your feels are hurt. Poor baby!!

https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/455942-***-multi-server-speed-runs-tra...

I also fap to that section too. Youre just jelly no one wants to fap to you. Although you are a tryhard, but youre just not good enough.

I finally got around to watching the video. Obviously something is in play that is not WAI. I'm going to try to replicate, but for now nothing to see here.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 
Send TopicPrint