Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Re: u25 ranged builds? (Read 13864 times)
Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Re: u25 ranged builds?
Reply #50 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 9:28pm:
I finally got around to watching the video. Obviously something is in play that is not WAI.

that's the thing. There are so many bugs that we dont even know. Like gxbow and 20 sneak die. Archmage double critical bonus. etc. I wouldnt just discount an entire crew of highly capable players over something like not testing when it is easily accessible on lama or live to do so. Notice I never called your math wrong.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #51 - Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:57pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:38pm:
that's the thing. There are so many bugs that we dont even know. Like gxbow and 20 sneak die. Archmage double critical bonus. etc. I wouldnt just discount an entire crew of highly capable players over something like not testing when it is easily accessible on lama or live to do so. Notice I never called your math wrong.

All true,...I do remember saying something like "hey, if he's using an exploit then no point in arguing over it" though  Tongue

It appears to me based on my testing of gxbow vs repeater that he is getting gxbow damage at repeater rate of fire. I suspect weapon swapping shenanigans. If you know something, please share and I'll stop posting about it.  Wink

Did you notice how he never swapped that xbow out for anything the entire run? Even just a single tenser's scroll before the fight started would give uber elite speed runner a significant advantage.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:01am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #52 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:28am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 30th, 2015 at 11:57pm:
. If you know something, please share and I'll stop posting about it. 

Did you notice how he never swapped that xbow out for anything the entire run? Even just a single tenser's scroll before the fight started would give uber elite speed runner a significant advantage.

I dont know anything about an exploit there, but did notice he never took off the bow. You would have to try both heavy and light repeaters to see.

I initially thought it was light due to thinking hvy prof wasnt granted by mech cores and reading something on forums from 2012 about rapid reload only applying to light, but that could be wrong.

Tenser isnt even on his hotbar o0.

his weapon is glamoured, might be a gxbow glamour granting the sneak dice to repeaters? Might be game is counting heavy repeaters as gxbows for sneak dice? idk, but his damage is way higher than what I am getting on my pally with a light repeater. Not even in same ballpark.

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #53 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:40am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:28am:
Tenser isnt even on his hotbar o0.

No scrolls, no wands, no other weapons except a TF GXbow. How many minmaxed pure rogues don't use UMD?

Obviously if he swaps the sploit goes away.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:50am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:40am:
No scrolls, no wands, no other weapons except a TF GXbow. How many minmaxed pure rogues don't use UMD?

wait, I noticed the scroll hotbar. it's top right corner and has tensers and TS. I only noticed when looking at the tor run to try and compare if he was not swapping in that run either. He scrolled TS and blur, so I dont think swapping stops it.

Edit: he also used displace shuri
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:53am by Rubbinns »  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #55 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 1:05am
Print Post  
Hmm.

Must a mirror trick then.

There go those TP I was saving. Turbine wins again.
« Last Edit: Aug 31st, 2015 at 1:25am by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 3:41am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:40am:

Rubbinns wrote on Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:50am:
wait, I noticed the scroll hotbar. it's top right corner and has tensers and TS. I only noticed when looking at the tor run to try and compare if he was not swapping in that run either. He scrolled TS and blur, so I dont think swapping stops it.

Edit: he also used displace shuri

Guys you both have some great build advice and know your stuff but honestly you're missing out on a lot here.

Talking FoT video here:
1) 2:50 into video, he swaps to a displace shuri - Rubbins caught this.

2) Plenty of scrolls and obvious use of UMD (tenser, TS, heal scrolls - probably for regular play since time consuming for speed runs). - Rubbnis caught this as well.

3) He's using a heavy repeater. Look carefully at the weapon bar (which also has the heal scroll linked to C key for easy use), it is a picture of Heavy repeater TF xbow, the light version looks different.

4) From pre entrance examination you can see he has the claw set equipped.

5) From 3 and 4 you can gather that with action boost always active (extra weapon die in LD) he has ~9.5 higher base damage than a pali using light crossbow counterpart.

6) Testing tenser scroll and light vs heavy repeater RoF I saw that the scrolling downtime and the miniscule addition to RoF from tenser isn't worth the constant 5.5-6.5 base weapon damage.

7) Check out how he enters the fight, fully stacked blitz, fully stacked archers focus, double boost (human and assassin damage) and the above mentioned ~9.5 higher base damage (not sure about ranger/monk PL's, I assume he has them). Of course the numbers you'll see will be higher then normal play, the 20% vulnerability he gets from shooting the dragons/giants for more then the usual 2-4 seconds a mob gets in a typical quest b4 he dies is huge.

8) No blur scroll, that 's an Abishai cookie in ToR.

9) I'm sorry but the math 5 foot used for comparing repeating and great crossbows is severely flawed and inaccurate in more then one way. You ignored the "base" damage of the weapons (xdy +~120) which is okay if you are comparing 1 bolt for 1 bolt but certainly not if you are comparing 2 bolts to 1 bolt. You also missed out on other stuff. From a quick calculation I did repeaters put out about 30-40% more dps than a Gxbow (the difference becomes lower with the Gxbow bug but still repeaters remain better. I'll post my math later.

11) Only the undead adds and the crystal in FoT have 100% fort. The TF either has low or no fort and in any case with mechanic wrecking shot (vs constructs - crystal) and assassin's trick what fort the red and purple names have in there is completely negated.

12) Exploit? I highly doubt it, full examination before entrance, complete video of all runs, combat log visible, dice roll visible, opens char sheet, goes over ranged power and gives a breakdown of it, rep. He's just that good at making the most of his tools.

I'm working full time on my rogue and waiting for his build post though I pretty much got a good idea of how I want to build it. From my play at 25-28 I can definitely say that my math supports reality testing, repeaters are ahead by a lot. Sure I made a Gxbow for primal EPL's since it's pretty sick in FoTW (or was be adrenaline got broken) but for LD, repeaters are the obvious choice.

IP Logged

SayWhatAgain
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #57 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Here is a 18 sec video of a guy using a repeater while:
1) Fully stacked blitz
2) Fully stacked archers focus
3) Full stacks of vulnerability on the boss
4) Double damage boost
5) No glamering
5) Pre mechanic tier 5 nerf (has extra 30 ranged power).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4QMihabuPQ

You won't see those numbers any more because of the nerf but take away 30 ranged power, and ~30 base damage from DR and you'll get about the same ball park numbers against the TF pre dropping down in the FoT video.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #58 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 4:41am
Print Post  
Somebody else is going to have to bruntsmash it. Turns out the mech is the one character that doesn't have a stack of phlogs.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide

IP Logged

crunch
Stormreaver Piker

Reply #59 - Aug 31st, 2015 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
not an expert in ranged builds... just curious how does that rog 20 elf pinion mechanic compete with xbow builds? (been posted on mobos couple days ago)

IP Logged

Wipe
VoD Slasher

Reply #60 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 3:06am
Print Post  
It's "extremely high dps archer". Cracked me up.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #61 - Sep 1st, 2015 at 3:36am
Print Post  
To be fair, Mechanic Elf Bow user is still way better than pure Ranger. Every time I read the lines "Manyshot: Activating this ability reduces your Doubleshot by -100% for 45 seconds" and "Master of Imbuement: You gain +2 Dexterity and +20% Doubleshot chance" it remainds me that most of the Devs know a shit about their game.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 
Send TopicPrint