Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) best melee build atm (Read 24308 times)
Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Re: best melee build atm
Reply #50 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 8:30am:
Choose?! No choice it's 1 second. The problem is that the term DPS is used incorrectly. Higest DPS = higest damage in 1 second, if you use a longer period of time it isn't DPS its average damage overtime or however you want to call it. That's why often highest DPS =/= best build or best damage dealer over time. Higest melee DPS right now is probably a THF paladin with a holy sworded riftmaker and using exalted smite + adrenaline or a barbarian with death frenzy and focusing wrath using slaughter+ adrenaline on a riftmaker.
Highest DPS is ranged, probably something like 12 fighter, 2+ levels fvs and at least 1 level of monk, half elf or elf using adrenaline + slay arrow while manyshooting.

Heh, this was kind of my point with that question.  Why do most people seem to only care about about the highest DPS number you can get in a given second or even 30 seconds?  Unless the average completion time of missions in DDO is 1s or 30s, it's just a number for bragging rights.

I value highest average/sustained/effective DPS over the course of an entire mission because that's the number that determines how fast or slow you complete them. Single-target DPS king builds are generally not the best at sustained DPS over the course of an entire mission.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #51 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 9:36am:
So 1447 on 72 PRR means 2489. On a 200 PRR that's 793 couting 60 DR. Guess tanks will survive 2-3 hits, double that with displacement and a few more with ghostly and dodge. Intresting, I hope crowd control works.

awesome. That's how those blackguards used to hit. More importantly, whats with your 105% Fort? are you new? Also, was that a crit or a normal hit?
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 1:56pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #52 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
Best melee build?

Well if you dont mind having (and occasionally using) 2 clicky abilities on the quickslot, and dont mind a damage aura sorrounding you, it is warlock. Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 2:16pm by m4lacka »  

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

People kill guns
Ex Member

Reply #53 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
@i@ wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 8:30am:
Highest DPS is ranged, probably something like 12 fighter, 2+ levels fvs and at least 1 level of monk, half elf or elf using adrenaline + slay arrow while manyshooting.

On look, it's P4P's sock banging on about AA elf  again. Dude, log in and learn the game.  Grin

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #54 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
I love how the tards playing shurishit builds think that damage is cool.
« Last Edit: Dec 17th, 2015 at 3:28pm by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 4:47pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 3:28pm:
I love how the tards playing shurishit builds think that damage is cool.

It's not the best, but it's not bad. The good thing is that you can have furyshot on a build like that.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 4:48pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 1:54pm:
awesome. That's how those blackguards used to hit. More importantly, whats with your 105% Fort? are you new? Also, was that a crit or a normal hit?

Dude, I'm not the guy who recorded that video, why are you asking this to me?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #57 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 4:48pm:
Dude, I'm not the guy who recorded that video, why are you asking this to me?

good to know. guess the guy who recorded it was new

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Dec 17th, 2015 at 6:46pm
Print Post  
That's how those blackguards used to hit.

when? when did they hit for 2400 non-crit damage? when exactly did they used to?

105% Fort?

doesnt matter if non-crits hit for 2k+ it isnt awesome either. just swings meta to ranged and shiradi. i dont think you ever even played a melee

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #59 - Dec 18th, 2015 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Dec 17th, 2015 at 6:46pm:
doesnt matter if non-crits hit for 2k+ it isnt awesome either. just swings meta to ranged and shiradi. i dont think you ever even played a melee

He's a moron, may be fatassJerry or some other stupid turdbin employee

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

IP Logged

Snu Snu
Shroud Slacker

Drama is boring

Reply #60 - Dec 20th, 2015 at 11:18am
Print Post  
build in here still viable after u29

Bored Byond Belief

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #61 - Dec 21st, 2015 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Heh guess now only viable mlees are trees, wolves and tank con based dwaft

IP Logged

randomvaultname
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #62 - Dec 25th, 2015 at 6:14pm
Print Post  
personally, id say the easiest melee build to not totally suck with right now is thf barb.

when youre lagged out in say legendary shroud and only capable of auto attacks, the inherent aoe is good.

the high prr achievable and high amount of hp you get for free means that unless youre a very casual player, you should be able to survive at least one non doublestrike attack from pretty much anything in le ts. high free hamp means healing is also very easy with lesser sf pots.

the thf style has more reach and is easier to use for fighting and moving. staying behind enemies or not standing in one place until you get killed (like that pointless video which proves nothing other than the fact that if you stand in one place and take no actions, eventually you will be dead, in one hit or many) adds immensely to survivability.

a properly built dps barb wont be maxing out str potential, but even with a modest 80+ str and many hook boots equipped, trip is highly effective in le ts. same build on lh ts was stunning things with no stun item equipped very easily. additional note on cc in this raid, did it with a sorc who was ottos irresistable dancing trash all day, he had no problems.

its also easier to break enemy dr and slot additional effects on thf weapons. twf means you cant slot both say chaos dr breaker and deconstructor augs in the same tf weapon for shroud portals, not to mention the issues surrounding toee offhand.

from a purely dps perspective, id say twf barb, twf pally are good choices and better dps than their thf counter parts, but not as overwhelming most of the time simply because their aoe just isnt the same. however, tempest has probably the best single target damage and dance of death is actually really strong in the more recently designed quests which have mobs packed so tightly together. id say its potentially better by a wide margin than cleaving for aoe, provided you are able to hit 4 targets constantly while its active. and it has a halfway decent ranged option. so if you want good offensive versatility, tempest is the way to go. however im not sure they can be survivable enough for le with always having enemies being cced or aggrod on someone else.
« Last Edit: Dec 25th, 2015 at 6:19pm by randomvaultname »  

IP Logged

Halfmaniac
Stormreaver Piker

I'll lead you to my basement

Reply #63 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
No one likes Acrobat anymore? :/

karavek wrote on May 6th, 2017 at 8:10pm:
Look dude just because you hate a cunt doesn't mean you stop fucking the bitch you just turn her over and hate fuck her ass bloody then your take her to Tijuana and sell her ass to some spic pimp.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #64 - Dec 26th, 2015 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 18th, 2015 at 4:23am:
He's a moron, may be fatassJerry or some other stupid turdbin employee

Nah, don't think so.  He actually knows how to play the game, has a true sense of humor, and knows things about things.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #65 - Dec 27th, 2015 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Maybe he knows how to suck dicks.

Dear players,

Love,

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #66 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 7:04pm
Print Post  
randomvaultname wrote on Dec 25th, 2015 at 6:14pm:
personally, id say the easiest melee build to not totally suck with right now is thf barb.

when youre lagged out in say legendary shroud and only capable of auto attacks, the inherent aoe is good.

Have you ever played a barb? It is not easy to do, and when you lag you don't heal because you don't hit. The blood strength is not capable of keeping your bar full even on hard shroud, because mobs are doing 500.

the high prr achievable and high amount of hp you get for free means that unless youre a very casual player, you should be able to survive at least one non doublestrike attack from pretty much anything in le ts. high free hamp means healing is also very easy with lesser sf pots.

What? Barbs have high PRR since when? They have about same as all other mlee (actually, a bit less because most other mlees are in a defender stance). SF pot wtf? You even play this game?

a properly built dps barb wont be maxing out str potential, but even with a modest 80+ str and many hook boots equipped, trip is highly effective in le ts. same build on lh ts was stunning things with no stun item equipped very easily. additional note on cc in this raid, did it with a sorc who was ottos irresistable dancing trash all day, he had no problems.

Give me a breakdown of a barb who can get 80 STR if not going max strength. 80 is NOT modest strength for a barb. You clearly have not played one. And plese give me  breakdown of a barb who can stun in LE TS without stunning items, because with stun item and insightful stun my dire charge is low 80s.

its also easier to break enemy dr and slot additional effects on thf weapons. twf means you cant slot both say chaos dr breaker and deconstructor augs in the same tf weapon for shroud portals, not to mention the issues surrounding toee offhand.

however, tempest has probably the best single target damage and dance of death is actually really strong in the more recently designed quests which have mobs packed so tightly together.

On the other hand now that you granze on a 8 you miss dance of death a lot.

That said, this is the current situation:

Top tier DPS: exploit tree, exploit wolf, ranger
Tier 2 DPS: barb, rogue and rogue splashes, throwers
Low tier DPS: bard, paladin

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #67 - Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:17am
Print Post  
80 is not easy.

18 base
7 level ups
14 enhancement
7 insight
2 profane
2 ravager
2 ED
2 completionist
10 mighty rage
4 frenzy
2 yugo pot
2 store pot
3 power rage
= 75 strength

Also, I've seen non-crits for ~4k on a 75 str barb.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #68 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 2:58am
Print Post  
Halfmaniac wrote on Dec 26th, 2015 at 2:58pm:
No one likes Acrobat anymore? :/

Acrobat is good. u29 was pretty kind to Acro, we got 9 more dodge cap all at once (assuming LGS 2x Escalation set goes up to +5, which it looks like it should) which is just enough to push the dodge cap for monk splash, non-halfling to 50%.

50% dodge means invincibility during Uncanny Dodge or Hood of Unrest. Assuming you have something for spells, too. After that, pump PRR a bit and you basically can't die.

Damage is not top of the line but it's not gimp, either.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 3:10am
Print Post  
Sgtgig wrote on Jan 16th, 2016 at 2:58am:
50% dodge

that is actually worth building for. do you have a breakdown for that by any chance?

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Intervention
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 11:10am
Print Post  
build a pure barb

go human to double boost

use multiple cleaves that inflict a helpless status.

don't be a coward and play a ranged/caster so you 'don't have to get hit' or play close to the mobs.

IP Logged

Sgtgig
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #71 - Jan 16th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 16th, 2016 at 3:10am:
that is actually worth building for. do you have a breakdown for that by any chance?

25 Base
6 Acro cores
5 Spinning Staff Wall passive
3 Ninja Spy tier2
4 Scion of Astral Plane (works out nicely because you'll be centered anyway)
2 ship
5?? Two LGS Escalation items
=50

I am not sure on how large the bonus is with two items, but looking at how the other bonuses increment it should be at least +5. If not, Halfling would give another +3. The dodge cap is so high it's actually moderately difficult to get the actual dodge, even with 3x Shadar-ki lives. Most likely, you'll need a randgen belt with dodge and insightful dodge, or you can take Nimbleness from Assassin tree.

Improved Uncanny Dodge+Meld Into Darkness+Hood of Unrest is one minute of 100% dodge. Also other people can use their Hood of Unrest on you; if you're in a group with people who can follow basic directions you can, in theory, maintain 100% dodge for a little over seven minutes, but this is probably only useful for tanking LE Sor'jek (what will actually happen is he'll blow off whoever was about to use HoU on you).

EDIT: 2x Escalation items is apparently only +3 dodge cap, but it may go higher with a third item like the HP and SP bonus. Halfling can achieve 51% dodge with just the two, if you really want to, otherwise it's *just* 98% when using IUD  Cool
« Last Edit: Jan 16th, 2016 at 2:18pm by Sgtgig »  

IP Logged

Limpgimp
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - Jan 18th, 2016 at 2:59am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on Jan 9th, 2016 at 9:17am:
80 is not easy.

18 base
7 level ups
14 enhancement
7 insight
2 profane
2 ravager
2 ED
2 completionist
10 mighty rage
4 frenzy
2 yugo pot
2 store pot
3 power rage
= 75 strength

Also, I've seen non-crits for ~4k on a 75 str barb.

It is easy, you're missing tome (up to 7), exceptional (1-2), alchemical (4), rage (2-5), frenzy is 6 not 4 as you listed.
Presumably remnants pot stacks with store, but I never checked personally. Item can go up to 15 AFAIK.
92 - 96 somewhat sustainable str on pure human barb, without counting silly things like psionic

That makes 80 rather easy to get, without needing completionist, store pots and perfectly rolled stats on items.
« Last Edit: Jan 18th, 2016 at 3:00am by Limpgimp »  

IP Logged

-
Korthos Resident

Reply #73 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 9:19am
Print Post  
-
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2016 at 10:11am by - »  

IP Logged

[]
Madame President

Reply #74 - Jan 21st, 2016 at 9:35am
Print Post  
ILoveExploits wrote on Dec 27th, 2015 at 9:39am:
Maybe he knows how to suck dicks.

Literally everything you post is fucking faggotry.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint