Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Happy new year and free XP for everyone (Read 24045 times)
NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Happy new year and free XP for everyone
Reply #50 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 7th, 2016 at 6:43pm:
How did he do 30 to 20 then back to 30? It only got me to level 24. Or can you do two LRs and go back to 30?

As I've said at least once already in this thread, if you are 30, do an ETR. Level back to 20 but don't talk to the lady to leave the bridge area (but level to 20). Log out. Log back in. Talk to her. She will give you all 8+ million XP to get back to 30. It just doesn't refill you karma.

If you are a fresh level 20 or and Iconic who's recently taken 20, she'll only give you the total amount of heroic XP for your life.
« Last Edit: Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:12pm by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #51 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
How did he do 30 to 20 then back to 30? It only got me to level 24. Or can you do two LRs and go back to 30?

He was already thirty. You were leveling a TR that is second life. So, you only get to go to 24. I recently leveled a TR that was third life and he went to 25. I also did two ER's on different characters and they're back to 30 immediately.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #52 - Jan 7th, 2016 at 11:19pm
Print Post  
Hmmm... wonder if itll still be workin by the time I hit 30 Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Copper1326
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #53 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:56am
Print Post  
I did it 2x tonight, unfortunately I lost all of my epic destiny xp in process. I will be putting in a ticket and will see what they say.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:32am
Print Post  
Copper1326 wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:56am:
I did it 2x tonight, unfortunately I lost all of my epic destiny xp in process. I will be putting in a ticket and will see what they say.

same with my guildie 2 nights ago.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #55 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:57am
Print Post  
Copper1326 wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:56am:

I had this type of thing happen around mid way last year and am curious if the GM's will restore ED xp right now with this feature active. If they do, this method gains even more uses so you can keep replenishing your karma instead of having to grind it out after 4 ER's.

Rubbinns wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:32am:
same with my guildie 2 nights ago.

Did they get a reply from a GM/xp restored?

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 4:34am
Print Post  
Galadriel wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:57am:
Did they get a reply from a GM/xp restored?

Yep

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

ILoveExploits
Horoluth Raider

I Love Exploits!

Reply #57 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:01am
Print Post  
I got 15 free epic past lives w/o a problem.

A guild lost all ED xp last week too.
« Last Edit: Jan 8th, 2016 at 7:02am by ILoveExploits »  

Dear players,

The D&D rules you were familiar with were too simple to understand, so we're continuing our move away from them to needlessly confusing subsystems that will make your play experience less fun and invalidate old builds and loot. We hope you have fun working out what the fuck MRR, PRR, MP, SP, RP, CL, MCL and all the other bullshit we made up whilst drunk means.

Love,

People who don't know how to fix their own mistakes cleanly

IP Logged

Galadriel
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #58 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 4:34am:
Yep

Cool. Next ER I might try to reset my ED's and get my karma restored. If my speculation as to what causes the ED reset is correct it should be easy to reset them. Don't want to risk it too many times though as that might become suspicious.

IP Logged

Vaultaccount
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 8:50am
Print Post  
So can we close this thread already?

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #60 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Vaultaccount wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 8:50am:
So can we close this thread already?

You won't be able to use this any second longer if that threat was closed. I am totaly in favor of "hide good things noone else knows" but once it is out in the open everyone should have some fun. For real exploits more exploiters equals a lesser chance to get caught/permabanned yourself. For this one it is more FUN the more players do it .. imho...

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #61 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:53pm
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:44pm:
You won't be able to use this any second longer if that threat was closed. I am totaly in favor of "hide good things noone else knows" but once it is out in the open everyone should have some fun. For real exploits more exploiters equals a lesser chance to get caught/permabanned yourself. For this one it is more FUN the more players do it .. imho...

Give this man a Bells ......

IP Logged

painkiller
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #62 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 1:17pm
Print Post  

you do the epic TR, level your guy to 20 then log out.  logb back in and then talk to the leveling ball (or whatever it is) and you get enough xp to go to 30.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - Jan 8th, 2016 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Jelly_Muffin wrote on Jan 8th, 2016 at 12:53pm:
Give this man a Bells ......

Great.. now I am thirsty. But luckily there should be some Wyborowa on the shelf of my window left.

IP Logged

Flipton
Ex Member

Reply #64 - Jan 10th, 2016 at 11:31pm
Print Post  
I never ever would have expected to be still cranking out free ETRs like this on January 11th,  so good.

IP Logged

Snook
Korthos Resident

At least you didn't burn
the beer!

Reply #65 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:56am
Print Post  
I had discovered this "feature" right before New Year by accident as well: due to festivities, I logged out while allocating action points after an ETR. Surprise the next day, when the lady gave me enough XP to level back to 30.

I wanted to keep quiet about it, but now that it is in the open anyway ...

So the trick works even if you ask to allocate action points, as long if you don't spend them all. I.o.w. the "attribute action points" option has to remain open when you log back in.

Unfortunately, last weekend the system bugged out and I also lost all epic destinies progress. A GM understood the problem immediately and was able to help me in less than a minute - which shows it was definitely something he encountered before. I've been keeping an eye on the fatespinners since then and recognised other peeps being helped in a similar way as I was.

On the plus side, he gave me back full xp for each destiny and full karma in every sphere. Yet he also added a fairly dubious remark about him being cautious in case I met the problem again, which betrays he was very well aware what exactly happened.

I'm a bit paranoid now to ETR again, so if anyone knows what causes the ED reset, feel free the let me know. I'll then just ETR 4 more times now and call it quits.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #66 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 6:49am
Print Post  
well it has been in the open on the main forum before you discovered it by accident...  Roll Eyes

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #67 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 10:22am
Print Post  
Snook wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:56am:
I had discovered this "feature" right before New Year by accident as well: due to festivities, I logged out while allocating action points after an ETR. Surprise the next day, when the lady gave me enough XP to level back to 30.

I wanted to keep quiet about it, but now that it is in the open anyway ...

So the trick works even if you ask to allocate action points, as long if you don't spend them all. I.o.w. the "attribute action points" option has to remain open when you log back in.

Unfortunately, last weekend the system bugged out and I also lost all epic destinies progress. A GM understood the problem immediately and was able to help me in less than a minute - which shows it was definitely something he encountered before. I've been keeping an eye on the fatespinners since then and recognised other peeps being helped in a similar way as I was.

On the plus side, he gave me back full xp for each destiny and full karma in every sphere. Yet he also added a fairly dubious remark about him being cautious in case I met the problem again, which betrays he was very well aware what exactly happened.

I'm a bit paranoid now to ETR again, so if anyone knows what causes the ED reset, feel free the let me know. I'll then just ETR 4 more times now and call it quits.

I encountered a similar bug (not the ED xp but not receiving enough regular xp on my ETR) and I wasn't using this feature at the time. The game is too bugged for them to start banning on the assumption that something isn't right lest they repeat Mayban.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #68 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:01am
Print Post  
EDs can reset with or without trickery going on. I don't think anybody knows why definitively so it's difficult to avoid.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #69 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Its weird being at 28... I played for hours, I'm halfway to 29. I've never been at 28 for any longer than it takes to clear out the TR cache and walk to the fate spinner.

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

nietzsche
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
is there a way to bypass the Epic Reincarnation 3 days timer?

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #71 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 2:55pm
Print Post  
nietzsche wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 1:49pm:
is there a way to bypass the Epic Reincarnation 3 days timer?

Only with the timer bypass in the Otto's box.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #72 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 3:12pm
Print Post  
Fortunately I have like 9 of those  from never having been in a situation where I could use one Tongue

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #73 - Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:00pm
Print Post  
Snook wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 5:56am:
So the trick works even if you ask to allocate action points, as long if you don't spend them all. I.o.w. the "attribute action points" option has to remain open when you log back in

That dialog stays open for me after spending all my action points.

One supposed fix for the problem of losing past lives & tomes, etc., is to close the client and restart between ETRs. It's hard to confirm a negative, so this might not be a workaround after all. Caveat DDO player.

1. Get flagged for reincarnation.
2. Quit the game.
3. Take a good, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you should take step #4.
4. Restart the game.
5. Console your misery and regret with step #6.
6. ????
7. Profit.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #74 - Jan 12th, 2016 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on Jan 11th, 2016 at 11:00pm:
That dialog stays open for me after spending all my action points.

One supposed fix for the problem of losing past lives & tomes, etc., is to close the client and restart between ETRs. It's hard to confirm a negative, so this might not be a workaround after all. Caveat DDO player.

1. Get flagged for reincarnation.
2. Quit the game.
3. Take a good, hard look in the mirror and ask yourself why you should take step #4.
4. Restart the game.
5. Console your misery and regret with step #6.
6. ????
7. Profit.

I have been logging out between getting the TR-Flag and the actual TR-ing for yerars now and never lost anything.

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 
Send TopicPrint