Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Happy new year and free XP for everyone (Read 24044 times)
viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Happy new year and free XP for everyone
Dec 31st, 2015 at 8:35am
Print Post  

Happy new year fellow DDO players. I have good news for you: Because the new flattened XP curve and the new epic levels make getting back to cap after an epic true reincarnation much more tiresome Turbine stealth boosted lesser reincarnations for a quick start into epic levels. When you make a lesser reincarnation at level 20 (no matter if +0/+1/+3/+5 or +20) you get the amount of xp you needed to reach level 20 (1.9 Million for first life, 2.85 Million for second life and 3.8 Million for third lives and above) granted as epic XP as well. For a third life character lesser TRing at level 20 that is a headstart up to level 25. . (Don’t use up a heart when you already have level 22 or higher because you will less XP or even lose XP!)

Don’t start the new year in the few meager items available at level 2o but start questing with your CitW weapons and epic elite gear. And because you don’t mess around with the game mechanics but just do a regular lesser TR this can’t even be called cheating – I say it is a hidden new year present from our loved developers
Thank you very much for this Team DDO – I appreciate  it very much and wish you all the best for the new year. Enjoy the weekend and see you again on Monday!

To my fellow vaulties that think sharing is not caring because things will get fixed sooner: This was posted on the motherboard, was probably bug reported s and will be fixed anyway. Open up your hearts and share the good news!

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Re: Happy new year and free XP for everyone
Reply #1 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 9:15am
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 8:35am:
I say it is a hidden new year present from our loved developers

I dunno if I should say: you moron, or lol.  Tongue

Vaultaccount wrote on Aug 29th, 2016 at 7:06pm:
The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Arkat wrote on Apr 2nd, 2014 at 4:14pm:
And someone in another thread called ME delusional recently!

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

No? Then STFU you fucking amateur.

Meat-Head wrote on Jul 29th, 2015 at 12:03am:
Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

IMARANGER wrote on Sep 8th, 2014 at 5:40pm:
Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

Cleridin
Waterworks Kobold

Reply #2 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 9:36am
Print Post  

Jolly good spirit dear chap, jolly good.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #3 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 10:50am
Print Post  
Is there anything special that has to be done, or do you just go do an ordinary lesser? Am thinking this might be a nice plan while it's still working Wink

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

Darkrok
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:05am
Print Post  
I was actually toying with the idea of doing a lesser for unrelated reasons. I'm leveling through heroic levels on a rogue as an acrobat but I'm leaning mech for most of my epic past lives I'm going to get. Decisions, decisions. Smiley

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #5 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:09am
Print Post  
I'm quite certain its going to get fixed soon, but I wonder if I can hit 20 first. I'm around 500k off and have plans tonight, but maybe I can play all day tomorrow. Anyone recommend a solid plan for grinding out that last half a mill for 18-20?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #6 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:39am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:09am:
I'm quite certain its going to get fixed soon, but I wonder if I can hit 20 first. I'm around 500k off and have plans tonight, but maybe I can play all day tomorrow. Anyone recommend a solid plan for grinding out that last half a mill for 18-20?

devs drunk by tomorrow, hangover lasting for sunday, most likely. Then it may take some time for them to fix it, so they will disable grove on monday till sunday...

Wanna bet they will use the disable method? How retard tudbin is on a scale of 99-100? Cheesy

The most broken epic PL in the game is the ridiculous AC buff from martial PLs. But when you include all the inherent benefits from reincarnation, the thing is above the roof. The benefit from TR was supposed to be minimal, but now it is game breaking. start a new character and you will feel, you will get raped in heroics.

Personally I think lower heroics on new characters are harder than Legendary Elite content on a character with good gear and has all destinies farmed.

Wow.

Have you EVER gone to Law School Feyn? Have you EVER been asked by a United States Senator who is now the Vice President of the United States to write a paper just for him on a particular topic of Constitutional Law for his use as a Senator? Have you ever been asked to help a very notable Harvard PhD turned Constitutional scholar with his very-well received book on Legal Philosophy and Constitutional Revolutions? Have you ever been offered a job as a Deputy Attorney General BEFORE you even graduated Law School?

Thx. I was semi-waiting because windows 10 will be here soon. but, the crashing is making me want to punch old people.

Pretty sure that the fact that a service can be hacked doesn't make it the "community chest".

IP Logged

NoGoodDoc
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #7 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:48am
Print Post  
It also works for ETRs. When you level back to 20 after an ETR, don't talk to the lady once you take 20 to exit the Bridge Between Worlds (so before she asks if you want to spend you EPs), log out and back in, talk to her again it gives you all the experience to get you to 30 again. Only thing is, it doesn't give you any karma XP. Super quick ETR's if you have the karma ready and timer resets.

« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:51am by NoGoodDoc »  

IP Logged

string table error, tableDID
Stormreaver Piker

ah......fresh meat

Reply #8 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Happy new year Via, was going to post that one too but later. Guess everybody is allready drunk im Moscow? Well..on the east coast there are some working hours left. Nevertheless I am quite confident this one will stay over the weekend.

Cheers and Nastrovje!

Happy new year fellow DDO players. I have good news for you: Because the new flattened XP curve and the new epic levels make getting back to cap after an epic true reincarnation much more tiresome Turbine stealth boosted lesser reincarnations for a quick start into epic levels. When you make a lesser reincarnation at level 20 (no matter if +0/+1/+3/+5 or +20) you get the amount of xp you needed to reach level 20 (1.9 Million for first life, 2.85 Million for second life and 3.8 Million for third lives and above) granted as epic XP as well. For a third life character lesser TRing at level 20 that is a headstart up to level 25. . (Don’t use up a heart when you already have level 22 or higher because you will less XP or even lose XP!)

Don’t start the new year in the few meager items available at level 2o but start questing with your CitW weapons and epic elite gear. And because you don’t mess around with the game mechanics but just do a regular lesser TR this can’t even be called cheating – I say it is a hidden new year present from our loved developers
Thank you very much for this Team DDO – I appreciate  it very much and wish you all the best for the new year. Enjoy the weekend and see you again on Monday!

To my fellow vaulties that think sharing is not caring because things will get fixed sooner: This was posted on the motherboard, was probably bug reported s and will be fixed anyway. Open up your hearts and share the good news!

« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:57am by string table error, tableDID »  

You can't win the Vault, you can only make a fool of yourself and be added to my ignore script. Hi Welcome

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #9 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 12:37pm
Print Post  

If you want to share, it is possible to do so and still effectively conceal it from Jerry.

You did well with the thread title, but to make it require more effort than Turbine will likely invest, you must put the details in the SECOND post (or later).  Sometimes they find things in the first post, especially when someone sends them a link to the thread.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #10 - Dec 31st, 2015 at 6:02pm
Print Post  
I would not be surprised to see this hotfuxed by noon on the 4th (along with whatever they do to Tempest's Spine).

I was so pleasantly surprised when I eTR'd my main and discovered I somehow had enough epic XP to get back to halfway through 25. Wasn't sure if it was repeatable though, but will try again before the weekend's up on a different character.
« Last Edit: Dec 31st, 2015 at 6:02pm by pnellesen »  

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #11 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 2:24am
Print Post  
m4lacka wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:39am:
Then it may take some time for them to fix it, so they will disable grove on monday till sunday...

Gah! I didn't think of them simply disabling all reincarnation till it's "fixed" (cough), but that's definitely the more likely scenario.

IP Logged

viadrouw
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #12 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 7:43am
Print Post  
You overrate Jerrys role in DDO, he is just a badly paid mascot. Someone told me yesterday ingame that he already got a PM about TR giving fat free XP and the Paladins were kind of surprised nothing had happened so far. I told the tard: Dude, they are making money with hearts – why should  they care anyway..

The vault is 80% spam, 15% paranoia and 5% entertaiment. Cheesy

OldCoaly wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 12:37pm:
If you want to share, it is possible to do so and still effectively conceal it from Jerry.

You did well with the thread title, but to make it require more effort than Turbine will likely invest, you must put the details in the SECOND post (or later).  Sometimes they find things in the first post, especially when someone sends them a link to the thread.

« Last Edit: Jan 1st, 2016 at 7:47am by viadrouw »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #13 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 1:10pm
Print Post  
viadrouw wrote on Jan 1st, 2016 at 7:43am:
You overrate Jerrys role in DDO, he is just a badly paid mascot.

There are very few people who hold Jerry's performance of any role in lower regard than I. 

If anything, he is overpaid for the quality of his work, which is why "hiding" information from him is so easy.

Although it may no longer matter for this particular feature, good OpSec for Jerry is so easy to execute that there's no valid excuse for not doing it.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #14 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
I heard this doesn't work if you're Iconic, anyone know anything about that?

IP Logged

Devex
Korthos Resident

Reply #15 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 7:43pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Jan 1st, 2016 at 6:37pm:
I heard this doesn't work if you're Iconic, anyone know anything about that?

works just fine, even if iconic. tested several times not later than today

IP Logged

Scrabbit
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #16 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 9:00pm
Print Post  
Woah woah! So your saying I can ETR, get my EPLF, then get right back to 30?

badass!

IP Logged

Illetirated
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #17 - Jan 1st, 2016 at 11:47pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Dec 31st, 2015 at 11:09am:
Anyone recommend a solid plan for grinding out that last half a mill for 18-20?

I also have 400k left to get to 20. What I recommend is finding groups and doing quests.

That's what I'm gonna do.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #18 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 12:48am
Print Post  
Illetirated wrote on Jan 1st, 2016 at 11:47pm:
I also have 400k left to get to 20. What I recommend is finding groups and doing quests.

That's what I'm gonna do.

Lol ya dont say? Here I was dancing for XP stones in the marketplace! Surprisingly few takers.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #19 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 4:23am
Print Post  
Shit man that was fuckin insane. Yep, just finish the LR annnnnd pfft, 3.8 million. Fuck.

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #20 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:21am
Print Post  
I lost all my destiny exp. They are staying at 0 right now.

IP Logged

m4lacka
Horoluth Raider

Coitus ergo sum.

Reply #21 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:32am
Print Post  
tekel bayi wrote on Jan 2nd, 2016 at 5:21am:
I lost all my destiny exp. They are staying at 0 right now.

is that true? Shocked

Wow.

IP Logged

kum-gulp
VoD Slasher

I Love Tired Vault Memes!

Reply #22 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 6:18am
Print Post  
Can happen on an eTR. Seeing as you were technically doing nothing wrong, call a GM.

IP Logged

tekel bayi
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Dilemma!

Reply #23 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 7:00am
Print Post  
devs right now

« Last Edit: Jan 2nd, 2016 at 7:01am by tekel bayi »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #24 - Jan 2nd, 2016 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
Didn't loose my epic XP, still sitting at 6 million in each sphere. I gotta get crackin on some ETRs...

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint