Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Great Terror (Read 93447 times)
edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Re: The Great Terror
Reply #225 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
Would it be possible to make the build work on a bladeforged paladin? Using hearts of wood of course. I personally can't seem to play any build without self-healing, and I don't see any of that on the build(unless you're scroll-healing, in which case... eww).

Yes, but you lose out on human boost to Wis.  Getting to 70 wis is not difficult but requires some nice gear if you aren't a completionist as the build suggests.

Quote:
It's hard to run an elf-AA as a bf...

He's probably talking about the original build and not yours.  No offense but as Forest pointed out, your build makes no sense.  You are essentially giving up EF for 28% movement rate?  lol

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #226 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 10:32am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 10th, 2016 at 9:58pm:
Would it be possible to make the build work on a bladeforged paladin? Using hearts of wood of course. I personally can't seem to play any build without self-healing, and I don't see any of that on the build(unless you're scroll-healing, in which case... eww).

Cocoon is all you need for ranged.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #227 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:46pm
Print Post  
So here's my main problem: I don't play at cap, and this build looks like its centered around only being viable at lvl 30. What are you doing for lvl 1-29?

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #228 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 2:20pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:46pm:
So here's my main problem: I don't play at cap, and this build looks like its centered around only being viable at lvl 30. What are you doing for lvl 1-29?

Mech is really good by itself.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 4:12pm by 5 Foot Step »  

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #229 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 4:09pm
Print Post  
This is true.

I'm still trying to distill the build down into something less end-game focused. I LOVE the idea of phantasmal-killing shit constantly. It'd be fine if the rate were a bit lower, the damage from GxBs is so amazing that you aren't missing much.

But can you get the DC of Phantasmal Killer high enough to knock out most mobs at, say, lvl 21? Assuming you're doing epic elite at level content.

Eng-game-only builds just aren't relevent in DDO Tongue

I'll never understand the propensity of people to brag about being good at a video game. Its a toy you play with for fun. The only person who should be proud of you is your mother. If you're 3.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #230 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 4:40pm
Print Post  
PK is fairly reliable as an effect following the build, but it can be annoying as 1 out of 3 runs off and you have to chase it down or it comes back to bite you in the ass 3 minutes later...

Seriously, I hate chasing something that thinks it's Jesse Owens and a door wont open till it's dead.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #231 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
If  you are going for etrs, go for the 28% run speed for EN dailies.

It will allow you to kill mobs on x4 crit as well.
« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:15pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #232 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:33pm
Print Post  
Quote:
If  you are going for etrs, go for the 28% run speed for EN dailies.

It will allow you to kill mobs on x4 crit as well.

You're really in to that 28% run speed, aren't you?

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #233 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
After a certain point in PL and Gear, mobs melt with any reasonable build. Then it is just a matter of how fast you can move...

Smiley

« Last Edit: Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:43pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #234 - Oct 11th, 2016 at 5:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
After a certain point in PL and Gear, mobs melt with any reasonable build. Then it is just a matter of how fast you can move...

Yeah I'm not disagreeing. After playing a monk for a while I always feel like I'm running through marmalade. I guess I just kinda feel like you're build deserves its own thread, rather than tacked on at the end of 10 pages of someone elses Tongue

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #235 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:23am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 11th, 2016 at 1:46pm:

I made one when Steel first posted it and the Primal terror, 3 lives later I have yet to change it over to anything new. At end-game it's definitely a monster, bur I think its even better from lvs 11-22 just melts everything. Excellent leveler for me, and the end game is of course crazy good.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:23am by Grand »  

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #236 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 9:33am
Print Post  
Quote:
I made one when Steel first posted it and the Primal terror, 3 lives later I have yet to change it over to anything new. At end-game it's definitely a monster, bur I think its even better from lvs 11-22 just melts everything. Excellent leveler for me, and the end game is of course crazy good.

Agreed.  If you follow the build then *at level* EE is still very doable.  It's when you try to go into a LE below level that it lags behind because you don't have the DC's for the instakills yet.  But running at level EE is no problem.  If you are well geared and have your DCs at max for that level then you'll be fine.
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2016 at 9:33am by edgarallanpoe »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #237 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 11:57am
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:23am:

Sweet, totally gonna have to try it! I do still think I'm going to need to tweak it, though, as I just can't find the self-heals in there, and for me, self-sufficiency is worth giving up a few kills.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #238 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:18pm
Print Post  
Mmm fotw is 2x as good as shiradi...

Wisdom to damage is coming in a future harper like tree!

« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:19pm by »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #239 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:25pm
Print Post  
Dumb question:

The build says to take Enchant focus, but Phantasmal Killer is an Illusion-based spell. Is there something I'm missing?

IP Logged

RemRemi
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #240 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 12:25pm:
Dumb question:

The build says to take Enchant focus, but Phantasmal Killer is an Illusion-based spell. Is there something I'm missing?

All the ranger imbues are enchant based, including PK because.... Turbine!  Grin Grin Grin
« Last Edit: Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:45pm by RemRemi »  

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #241 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
RemRemi wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 1:44pm:
All the ranger imbues are enchant based, including PK because.... Turbine!  Grin Grin Grin

Of course! That's so obvious, and also well-ducmented Tongue

:roll:

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #242 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:10pm
Print Post  
Ruminating on this for a bit...

You wouldn't loose too terribly much converting over to PF. The leveling order even means you only need a +1 heart/

The obvious feat-drop is Enchantment Focus. Take it at lvl 12, then get Greater sometime in epics. Or find a way to live without it. You're only loosing 1 to the DV.

Finding the APs for Communion of Scribbing will be tough. Dropping a few of the wisdom

Wisdom takes a major hit, but that, too, can be made up. The build calls for +5 tomes, I've got +7s. You can also sneak more wisdom into the build.

Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the DC going to benifit from a "Wisdom Skills" item?

Over all, the conversion would only hurt you for 1-2 DC. Not a bad trade-off to get all the benefits of Bladeforged.

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #243 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the DC going to benifit from a "Wisdom Skills" item?

No, skills are things like spot, etc...not Wis DCs.

You would be surprised at how much a point or two of DCs will impact this build.  You *really* need to keep the DCs above 80.  Losing the Wis enhancements and the wis boost from human to get the BF self healing would work if you only do hard and not elite...on elite you will still struggle if you can't keep those DCs up.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #244 - Oct 12th, 2016 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
You can probably overcome the wisdom hit with gear. It should also be notted that this build was created before we could craft Insightful focus items, so thats an extra 2-3 to the DC right there. Even missing the 1 focus feet a few points of wisdom, you could get PK up to a solid 82-83.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #245 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 12:31am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 5:10pm:
Ruminating on this for a bit...

You wouldn't loose too terribly much converting over to PF. The leveling order even means you only need a +1 heart/

The obvious feat-drop is Enchantment Focus. Take it at lvl 12, then get Greater sometime in epics. Or find a way to live without it. You're only loosing 1 to the DV.

Finding the APs for Communion of Scribbing will be tough. Dropping a few of the wisdom

Wisdom takes a major hit, but that, too, can be made up. The build calls for +5 tomes, I've got +7s. You can also sneak more wisdom into the build.

Over all, the conversion would only hurt you for 1-2 DC. Not a bad trade-off to get all the benefits of Bladeforged.

No.  You give away the human damage boost, the wisdom boost, and the extra feat on a already tight feat build. Not sure what the point of BF on it is but is a non-starter for the trade offs.

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #246 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Quote:
No.  You give away the human damage boost, the wisdom boost, and the extra feat on a already tight feat build. Not sure what the point of BF on it is but is a non-starter for the trade offs.

Completely agree...he is looking at the self healing of the BF.  Again, if all he is running is LH, EH or EE over level it will work.  I'm with you though...a non starter for me now that I have actually run the build.

IP Logged

edgarallanpoe
Korthos Resident

I Love Drama!

Reply #247 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 10:45am
Print Post  
Quote:
You can probably overcome the wisdom hit with gear. It should also be notted that this build was created before we could craft Insightful focus items, so thats an extra 2-3 to the DC right there. Even missing the 1 focus feet a few points of wisdom, you could get PK up to a solid 82-83.

Not sure how.  I have crafted all the good stuff and I am still only at a 66 wis.  I have the +6 wis tome but I am missing the +4 quality wis.  I can boost to over 70 but i'm not at a standing 70 like I would want.  Losing wis and enchant bonuses would make getting that 80 DC very difficult.  I would like to see a breakdown of that if you have the time.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #248 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 11:51am
Print Post  
noamineo wrote on Oct 12th, 2016 at 11:08pm:

You are correct that gear power creep from U32 would allow you to create the same DC as from 6 months ago with a BF.  Which should work the same in all content.  Since the newest content is very easy on the DC's (Legendary raids are higher), if the DC's from the build worked in April-May, they will still work today. 

Now, of course, you can use that gear power creep to get the DC's up even higher than they were by sticking with the original build.  But, depending on how reliable they were previously, this may have diminishing returns.  If you were already at no fail or close to no fail, it might not add much value. 

Since CC crafting and Slavers crafting and the slavers sets will give you a bunch of pluses to the DC's, you can choose if you want to maintain current DC levels and add survivability with the BF or stick with the build as is and have higher DC's.

I'd be curious to see it in action.

IP Logged

noamineo
Completionist (i.t.p.)

All men fear time, but
time fears the pyramids

Reply #249 - Oct 13th, 2016 at 12:54pm
Print Post  
There's certainly no harm in trying. Even if it doesn't work out, the DPS is still pretty high. I think I'll try this next-life.

The goal was not to claim a BF version is "better", simply to get good self-healing. And some swanky chin-blades.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 13
Send TopicPrint