Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) The Great Terror (Read 93480 times)
harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Re: The Great Terror
Reply #25 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:58pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:44pm:
Now that maximized chucker with 14 levels of monk ends up with a proc rate that is only slightly slower than the GT, in fact it is so close as to be the same for our purposes. But when we consider the additional burst rates of 2.6, and 2.3 The GT pulls way ahead. I also keep a TF Draconic invigoration available so the build doesn't run out of boosts even in the longest quests. 

My builds use Manyshot too, so you don't get to count that as an increased RoF. Its not so close, it's actually higher @4.3'ish, for shuriken only. If you'd like to calculate a total average vorpals per second number using your Manyshot uptime, EF uptime, and Vorpal range using GXB, that would be the best mathematical way to look at it, versus my combined rate of fire using 10k and Manyshot without expended Vorpal range.

We both use manyshot, but you don't benefit from any increased Vorpal range on Manyshot, so you don't get to doubledip there like EF and GXb for terror arrow procs. I also use Draconic Invig on shroud on portals, but it's a DPS hit in most situations, and you have to time it carefully because of it's internal cooldown.

It's a nice to have, but it does not ensure unending Action Boosts at all. It's cooldown is 100 seconds, but EF cooldown is 30 seconds meaning you will run out after about 30 secondsx9 Action boosts = 4.5 minutes. Within 4.5 minutes you can regen 2 boosts so you can go 5.5 minutes in quest before you are totally out of EF. After that until a shine you can only EF every 100 seconds if you use DI perfectly. That means pretty much all LE raids, and and some LH ones depending on group and party strength you will be operating for some or even significant parts with no consistent EF boost, even with perfect timing on switching to Invig, which actually is pretty spotty with how often it procs.

Shurikens dont suffer that drawback, ever, because they aren't boost limited. Again, not trashing your build, but actual game play is just as important as on paper planning/abilities.

« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:12pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

davenot
Ex Member

Reply #26 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:48pm:
I actually am not getting busted, I just didn't know that/read that in the other thread. I stopped reading that thread when someone came in and said there's two saves, and it's Spell DC calc not AA imbue calc, which was obviously totally wrong.

Good to know.

No you didn't. You posted here:
harharharhar wrote on Dec 21st, 2015 at 1:16pm:
~

I posted here just 30 mins later:
Quote:
Another problem with counting on the Lethargy tactic is that the imbues don't run simultaneously,  you are going to have to switch between Elemental imbues and terror/smit/banish imbues by hitting the switch then equipping a bow, then re-equipping shuriken again, that devours time, which means it's eating into Vorp effects.

The post at which you 'stopped reading' was here:
Quote:
Oh hmm, so the build actually works? I was under the impression the PK part was a fixed 35 DC. Time for trolling...

And that? was 44 days later.

Also, at the danger of derailing Streel's build,  as I mentioned the lethargy it only kicks in on a crit. I assume you are running with Improved critical, so with Shuriken you are crit'ing on what 19-20 in LD? That is hardly a instant -5 to saves.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:19pm by »  

IP Logged

ThatLukeGuy
Waterworks Kobold

Happy little trees

Reply #27 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:29pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 12:49pm:
Absolutely not, unless you stay out of LE's.

What you could do, is switch to paralyzing arrows in LE's and be fantastic CC while also providing good supplementary DPS.

Would you still need the tomes?  My purpose was to start this on a alt account (so 1st life, no tomes) and work it up, but get it created in time to take advantage of the Anniversary gift etc etc. 

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 11:34am:
Re: other builds using AA imbues you obviously weren't using a good thrower build. Highest sustained RoF by far

I am glad to see someone took this build and ran with it. Back when we had a thread going with Forest here I wondered out loud how Terror arrows would work with expanded vorpal range.

if I had any interest in xbows I would try it.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 23rd, 2016 at 5:29pm:
people should acknowledge where they get ideas and discussions in public about them that came before them,

harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 12:48pm:
Once again, I don't mean disrespect,

harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:58pm:
Again, not trashing your build, but actual game play is just as important as on paper planning/abilities.

So much butthurt.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:09pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:29pm:
Would you still need the tomes?  My purpose was to start this on a alt account (so 1st life, no tomes) and work it up, but get it created in time to take advantage of the Anniversary gift etc etc. 

Do yourself a favor Luke, wait for a response from Steel, the guy who made and posted the build instead of Sobby who is in a world of butthurt because someone else's build makes his precious chuckers look a little less shiny.

Just sayin
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:44pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:17pm
Print Post  
ThatLukeGuy wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:29pm:

No. Even with a 50 Paralyze DC because it's Will and because your rate of Fire is pretty high (though my experience is on a thrower, not a xbow build so YMMV) you will still paralyze things pretty quickly.

Also the people you should ignore are the ones who don't make contributions to threads and instead troll others. Like Grand and Davenot
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:18pm by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #31 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:34pm:
So much butthurt.

Butthurt is spending any more than zero minutes multi-quoting someone on an internet forum.  Kiss

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #32 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
No you didn't. You posted here:

I posted here just 30 mins later:

The post at which you 'stopped reading' was here:

And that? was 44 days later.

Also, at the danger of derailing Streel's build,  as I mentioned the lethargy it only kicks in on a crit. I assume you are running with Improved critical, so with Shuriken you are crit'ing on what 19-20 in LD? That is hardly a instant -5 to saves.

FYI, you're going on the squelch script, so prepared to not elicit reactions from me. Its too bad, I don't mind being pointed out when I'm wrong, but when it turns into some Grand-esque conspiracy hit piece, I get over it pretty quick.

This was a nice thread until you decided to go negative.

IP Logged

Grand
Ex Member

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:19pm:
Butthurt is spending any more than zero minutes multi-quoting someone on an internet forum.  Kiss

No butthurt is spamming someone else's build with a bunch of passive aggressive little bitch comments and weasel word build comments. You're so Butthurt because you're an attention whore who is afraid of anything that isn't a precious chucker you claimed to create.

It would be hilarious if it hadn't been so fucking predictable and pathetic. Without fail anytime somebody posts a new ranged build you freak out like a little bitch and throw all your same old shit at it and start trying to either take over the entire thread to obscure the build, or quoting numbers that you are changing and pulling out of your ass to tear someone else's build down, all while still trying to claim it all sprung from some idea that you want to pretend you came up with.

Fucking pathetic.
« Last Edit: Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:31pm by Grand »  

IP Logged

Steelstar
Ex Member

Reply #34 - Feb 24th, 2016 at 9:21pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 12:48pm:
Without addressing the entirety of your post right now, why are you cutting the 10k Doubleshot in 4? 10k is active for 30 Seconds, inactive for 30 seconds. That means you divide 70 by 2, not 4. Also, DWS affords Killer, which is up to another 20% Doubleshot. If you're PK'ing everything quickly, I imagine those stacks would be relevant most of the time.

Also, at 60-70 wisdom, it's providing as much Melee Power as fully charged Blitz. But that's a separate discussion.

I appreciate the min/maxing this build does in order to get Terror Arrow DC's very very high. The issue however, is that running in EA completely cripples your Red Named DPS. You can switch to LD, but then you're DC takes a YUGE hit (3 from wisdom and 3 from core if I'm not mistaken). I actually don't take Scion of Astral plane, I take take Air or Feywild. Feywild seems smart on this build for terror arrows, but Air is better Red Named DPS by doubling up on Electric with Lightning Damage AA imbue.

As a monk you have access to 4 Wisdom through stances you cannot get on any other class split. And I while you are right that it is harder to max Wisdom when trying to also max Dexterity, Wisdom gives any enormous DPS boost to Monks through 10k that your build will never enjoy. .5 RP to be exact, for every point of Wisdom.

So, right now my pretty end game specced Monk who is max Dex and Secondary Wisdom has 56 Wisdom with a Yugo Pot, and 76 Dex with Tensers, in FOTW. I could pretty easily respec enhancements to favor Wisdom, and get that up to 60 without much difficulty. If I ran in EA that would be 66 Wisdom. ALso, T5 AA allows for -1 saves per projectile stacking, effectively giving AA versions of this build +5 DC, or 10 Wisdom, which already puts it at a higher DC than your build above. And that's without maxing 18 Wisdom at creation, and zero level up points going into it. Due to Monk and Ranger enhancements, there's actually more Wisdom and Doubleshot available to a Monk split than a 4 Ranger/Rogue/Arty split.

I'm just saying, also, due to the giant difference in Ranged Power (effectively 35 Pts higher) and AA Imbue damage (~200 a Shuriken at 450 Spell Power and T5), the Red Named DPS remains very strong. I would like to see Lama Red Named DPS tests in EA and LD for your build however, since I think that's the big weak spot, from a metagame perspective.

Once again, I don't mean disrespect, this is a really cool build and we're talking about marginal improvements at the edges.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 2:58pm:
My builds use Manyshot too, so you don't get to count that as an increased RoF. Its not so close, it's actually higher @4.3'ish, for shuriken only. If you'd like to calculate a total average vorpals per second number using your Manyshot uptime, EF uptime, and Vorpal range using GXB, that would be the best mathematical way to look at it, versus my combined rate of fire using 10k and Manyshot without expended Vorpal range.

We both use manyshot, but you don't benefit from any increased Vorpal range on Manyshot, so you don't get to doubledip there like EF and GXb for terror arrow procs. I also use Draconic Invig on shroud on portals, but it's a DPS hit in most situations, and you have to time it carefully because of it's internal cooldown.

It's a nice to have, but it does not ensure unending Action Boosts at all. It's cooldown is 100 seconds, but EF cooldown is 30 seconds meaning you will run out after about 30 secondsx9 Action boosts = 4.5 minutes. Within 4.5 minutes you can regen 2 boosts so you can go 5.5 minutes in quest before you are totally out of EF. After that until a shine you can only EF every 100 seconds if you use DI perfectly. That means pretty much all LE raids, and and some LH ones depending on group and party strength you will be operating for some or even significant parts with no consistent EF boost, even with perfect timing on switching to Invig, which actually is pretty spotty with how often it procs.

Shurikens dont suffer that drawback, ever, because they aren't boost limited. Again, not trashing your build, but actual game play is just as important as on paper planning/abilities.

I think where we are running into a disconnect here is that you are theory-crafting as opposed to referring back to actual tested builds. That's understandable because you thought that the Terror arrows were borked so you didn't try it yourself.  I have played various versions of the Terror builds for the last 4 months, the GT itself was played by myself, some guildies, friends and family for the past three weeks prior to me posting the build.

The problem with theory-crafting is that beyond the initial conception, or leap off point it is too vague and allows points to be spend twice or thrice. For example you keep mentioning how you could tweak wis this way or that but forgetting to take into account in your argument that when you do so it's at the cost of Dexterity which has to be high for the volume of shots. Or another example your contention of how AA imbue is ~200 a shot, that's true you can but it doesn't apply when in fact you can't run elemental imbues while running Terror or any of the other imbues. Then there is the Wis issue, 56 wont get you any PK kills, adding 4 through enhancements? that costs your proc rate from dex, and it cost you twice. Then taking EA to get 6 wis? sure, but then the DPS drops from your type of build as well because it doesn't have the GT structure to make up for it. My point being when you argue with theory-crafting you can always say that you could stretch it one way or another, actually making it and playing it means your ideas have to really submit to the limits of points, something you are not doing here.

I think a additional problem we may be having in communicating is your lack of experience with the non-shuriken build. You have admitted as much in the past,  even pointing out in this thread that you don't have "interest" in Xbows. An example of the problem this is causing is your understanding of the GxB vs Shuriken DPS. Let's just take a second and look at base damage prior to Ranged power at end game. Assuming both using LGS weapons, The GT will have 9[2d8] while the shuriken will have 7[1d2], that's 72 versus 10.5 before anything else. The GT gets another additional 16 points of base damage from Arty/Mech trees. The AA/DWS/ninja trees are not giving any damage points to base damage on Shuriken, and know you know that you can't run Elemental and Terror at the same time, so that immediately becomes the GT's 88 base damage versus 10.5 base damage for the Shuriken before ranged power or anything else begins to amplify that differnce. What you will find next is that the ranged power towards endgame just make the gap larger and larger as the difference of 76.5 points of greater base damage by the GxB grows with every point of Ranged power or damage boost.  Then there is the criticals, assuming both run Improved critical the GT's GxB has a 15-20x2, while the Chucker's shuriken is 19-20x2. Then the Chucker takes another hit during manyshot because the GT has Improved critical ranged weapons while the Chucker has thrown weapons and as tight as feats are and because it's not a martial arts feat the GT will have a manyshot of 19-20X3 versus the Chucker types 20X3, I should also mention the GT gets a additional +5 bow damage the Chucker doesn't. Also during Manyshot? The chucker will have 167% doubleshot versus the GT's 157%, but the GT will have a insta-Kill DC of 82-88 while the Chuckers will be low 70's at best, unless you dropped Feywild for Air and lose another 2 DC, or drop Feywild for a additional 8% doubleshot to make it 175% versus 157% but with 4 less DC driving the Chucker even farther down into the 60's.  (Keep in mind that at endgame a Terror DC in the low 70's will rarely if ever kill mobs, and will even occasionally struggle to fear them). Really, with the ranged critical bork, and loss of shuriken expertise % and Ninja training% during it's use, the chucker is losing so much doubleshot by using Manyshot that it's debatable if it's worth it, even for the X4 ranged power in light of the fact that it slows your Terror proc rate even farther behind the GT. 

Let's see what else? The GT Also has the 17D6 worth of Sneakattack which is scaled 150% with rangedpower, and the constant fear, blindness, deception, imp deception working with IPS keep that huge SA damage near constant. The Runearm adds more damage scaling With 450 spell power, and Scion of Feywild adds Sonic scaling with that 450 as well.  Another DPS plus, whenever I hit Dispel shot (every 3 secs), or leg shot on the GT that means a additional 3[2d8] or 2[2d8] compared to 3[1d2] or 2[1d2] using a shuriken would produce every time.. and that is again before scaling. Almost forgot, unlike my Shuriken builds I get to switch out Ammo for DR, bane, or Extra burst damage as well, it all adds up.

Most importantly, all that additional damage is running simultaneously with the Terror proc'ing a the endgame  required DC of 82-88 while still in Exalted Angel. Could I crank it up top-end DPS by running in LD or DC? at the loss of 6 or 3 DC respectively? sure, do I need to? no.

This build's most recent red-boss Kobold time on the last Lamma was 68 seconds, while not as fast as my pure Mechs and some of my other builds it was easily in the park for what I was building for with a 82-88 terror DC. 

The build starts a quest with 12 EF boosts, between those Manyshot, the Mech amped GxB RoF, TF reinvigoration GxB and TF reinvigoration longbow I have only run out of EF Boost charge once in the last month, and that was with a pug that brain-farted in LE shroud part II, that lasted less than a minute. Not only does 12 EF's give you a large surplus but alternating between GxB and Manyshot Longbow cuts the cooldowns to a point I have never missed it except in the mentioned instance. That's by design, also by design since the GT isn't built around using volume of shots to take advantage of blast effects from LGS and weapons like that it's a very little dent to DPS to switch over to a TF Tier III weapon every couple minutes. the loss of 1d8 damage out of 9[2d8] is easy to overlook. 

So Endless fusilade works out thus:

If the GT fires all 12EF in a row that will take 360 seconds total firing, in that time the GT will reinvigorate 3 more boosts at the rate of 1 every 100 seconds, immediately using those 3 EF boosts will add 90 more seconds making total firing 450 seconds, which will produce 1 additional reinvigoration that when used will take the total firing time to 480 seconds and leave the GT 20 seconds on the TFGxB timer at which point the GT driver could Manshot the TFlongbow picking up another in 20 seconds, and which point the time is zeroed on the TFGxB, etc....

Now leaving out the Longbow and manyshot usage combinations I could point out lets instead look at what happens if for some silly reason the GT tried to burn them all out in a row like that:

The combination of constant EF every 30 seconds with a proc rate 2.3 added to the norm proc rate of 4.9 during cooldowns will produce 480 seconds, or 8 solid minutes of Terror fire with a proc rate of one every 3.8 seconds. And that is not taking any procs that improved precise shot would create during that same period. 

And at the end of that 8 solid minute the GT would pick up 2 more Reivigorates in the following 28 seconds. 

Now would a GT driver really keep hitting EF the moment Cooldown stopped like that? No, because it's very seldom anything is still alive after a couple of them with the heavy DPS and a Terror DC of 82-88. And if for some reason you did? you would have a constant combined proc rate of 3.8 and you would easily be able to switch back and forth on the two TFs every 50 seconds to charge boosts back up afterwards.

Like I said, I have run out of EF boosts once in the past month, once.

Please try to understand that I'm a huge Thrower fan, I have a great deal of experience with them and have leveled and played them at end-game for years.  As I said I had initially thought it would be the best vehicle for Terror, but in the end that just wasn't the case. You can indeed build a Chucker to nearly match the proc per second rate of the GT but it will have only mildly decent-ish Terror DC (low mid 70's), and the DPS will tank on any bosses making it useless. Or you can go the other way and build a chucker that will have even slightly better DPS than the GT, but it will have an absolutely useless Terror DC, being reduced to a CC build. That's what 9 years playing and the past 4 months of building/testing/playing have shown to be the case. I don't like min-max toons, I like builds that contribute near the top across the board, that's what I have made here. The GT doesn't need to deal with Ki for 10K, potion pop or scroll Tensors (BTW another -2 DC, and longer cooldowns), or even switch back and forth through Imbues to maintain DPS and effect. The driver can concentrate on sight lines and shooting for maximum IPS hits, or getting in position for the maxium effect from the EF's proc rate of 1 every 2.3 seconds. The GT can be handled almost entirely from one bar, with only the occasional spell or curse pot from a ancillary bar.

To you Jakeelala I would say simply this, I have a good deal of respect for your builds. I will tell you that if you think that you can make a Terror build from a chucker that will match the proc rate, DC, and DPS of the GT I for one, would love to see that and try it out in game. But you will need to post it, with all the stats, feats, enhancements just as I have here,  and you will need to test it in the field.  We can't simply extrapolate results from our other builds no matter how extensive our knowledge may be, it's too easy for points, bumps, etc.. to be spent multiple times in eagerness to argue a point of view.   

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #35 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:04am
Print Post  
There are a number of errors in this post which is difficult since it's such a wall of text but I'll try.

Whats your inventory listed damage mod? Base damage is excellent, but you are also gimping your primary damage stat number (Int, I assume) for the sake of Wisdom. I imagine you can manage what, 40'ish Int? That's a 15 base damage difference right there. There's also Heavy Draw, which is another +5. So, 20'ish?

What +5 bow damage do you get over Chucker? With DWS, Dex is damage stat for Bows, so I'm probably somewhere around +20 Damage ahead of you with a bow as well, maybe more since I imagine you have no Strength to speak of, and no way to have anything else as a damage stat with the bow. My 14/6 does have Imp Crit Ranged.

During 10K my, 50% of the time, my Ranged Power is ~60 higher than yours. That's probably what, double what you have in EA at 30? I also use ToEE set for 20 more, which means During 10k my current ranged power at 30 is around ~130ish. What's yours in EA? You're also lacking a second Boost (because EF ofc) which is another 30 RP on top of Human boost (DWS Rp Boost). So, like 160 RP'ish? Then there's the rapid stacks of Improved AF to 25 from T5 DWS using Aimed shot (which during 10k generally gets 25 stacks after 2 uses, also another 5 passive RP). So another what, 45RP on top of what you could get in in AF? With a damage mod fully buffed of around 77 before Heavy Draw or Know the Angles, so another maybe 13'ish for a total damage mod of 90 before base damage or seeker, but pumped by well over 100 more RP than your build can manage, regardless of Destiny. Pretty sure that would more than catch me up from your increased W's, and for DPS situations, which is all I really care about for the sake of this particular argument, would still getting AA imbue damage.

Do you have a +15/+7/+2 Wisdom Item? Because a thrower could offhand that for more DCs.

My example of 56 Wisdom is just literally where my 14/6 FoTW build sits today, my point is wouldn't take much Dex sacrifice to to get to 66'ish wisdom, which is only 2 DC behind your stated +30 Mod or 70 Wisdom. In fact, with a LGS offhand, I'm pretty sure I could get a higher DC than yours, and still muster 66'ish Dex, which is plenty.

On a Terror build I would probably only use Manyshot for Red Named DPS, not on trash.

I would also have 5-6 SA dice (thank you DWS and NjS), and with Strange Tiding and/or Dragon Masque. While that's only about 1/3rd the SA damage of your build, I would have such massively higher RP that actually the difference would be quite. That combined with AA arrows (again for red named DPS situations, since that seems to be something you're struggling with parsing out), is actually a bit more proc damage than your build would do if I am not mistaken.

Why you decided in this thread to start making personal attacks and trotting out that you've been playing this game for 6 months less than me (March 2006 TYVM), I'm not sure. I guess you're feeling insecure defending this build or responded to my questions or taking them as criticisms which is unfortunate. If you post a build , should expect you want feedback. Claiming I have some total ignorance about Xbows is silly. I played xbow characters for a long time until about 6 updates ago, though I did TR an Alt and level him to 28 about 2 updates ago to play with mechanic (pure rogue, and 14 Pally/6 Rogue). Also, Xbows don't inherently work any differently than any other ranged combat weapon in DDO. You shoot them, you reload them, and they do damage. They have Doubleshot, and and a crit threat range and multiplier.

I'm really struggling to understand how you could possibly have the DPS in EA to do a red named in 68 seconds. For a ranged character that's generally only in the range of possibility utilizing Adrenaline/Slayer or Sniper Shots. Even in LD it seems impossible mathematically, but I haven't tried in the last 2 updates so maybe with all the new gear things have changed, but I really doubt it.

Anyway, I don't fight any trash in current LE end game that doesn't die within a couple seconds anyway, so the Terror Arrow build is sort of a fun but flavor build anyway. Moreover, if Red Named DPS suffers, which I am struggling to understand how it cannot in EA, then it doesn't really seem like it's worth it.

I also understand how IPS works, but it doesn't increase anything exponentially, it's actually just geometric. The difference there is whether the rate of change is changing (increasing), which it isn't with IPS. You just hit more targets (Damage increase is just x*Damage where X is targets hit with given projectile from IPS). Exponential would mean you hit to targets and for some reason your do 4x damage. Or hit 3 and do 9x.

Since you're being both really insistent about it, and a little condescending, I might try to write an actual full build for this just for the sake of the intellectual exercise. Then again, that's a lot of work for something I will not in all likelihood play.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #36 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:08am
Print Post  
And yes I'm aware you get 20 RP in Mechanic.

And for maybe the 4th time, this is an excellent and very strange build, which I happen to be particularly fond of. But the argument that this thing somehow would have much better red named DPS than a Thrower variant just doesn't make any sense. Of course, maybe there a bunch more sources of damage I am not considering.

« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:54am by harharharhar »  

IP Logged

Jelly_Muffin
Stormreaver Piker

Just say fuckoff!

Reply #37 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 5:49am
Print Post  
Nice one, deffo going to be trying it out soon .... very interesting  Cool

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #38 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Grand wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 3:34pm:
So much butthurt.

For some reason I hear this in a Yoda voice  Cheesy

Nice build, I've been thinking of making a few bank mules to pick up anniversary tokens, some will be gimped first life versions of this. It looks like fun Smiley

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

Meursault
Horoluth Raider

I Love Freedom of Speech

Reply #39 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 1:45pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 24th, 2016 at 4:23pm:
FYI, you're going on the squelch script, so prepared to not elicit reactions from me. Its too bad, I don't mind being pointed out when I'm wrong, but when it turns into some Grand-esque conspiracy hit piece, I get over it pretty quick.

This was a nice thread until you decided to go negative.

Apologies for derailing the thread further, but why would you script out davenot for a "Grand-esque" post but not script out Grand himself? Presumeably Grand makes more Grand-esque posts than Davenot, no?

Turdbin, keep changing the DDO rules, because McDonalds sold over 200 billion hamburgers by changing the recipe for their Special Sauce every couple of months to keep interest up.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #40 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
I have been trying to get something into a final build around terror imbue but had been heading in the wrong direction entirely. This build is tight. Thanks for posting.

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #41 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:59pm
Print Post  
Steel wrote on Feb 22nd, 2016 at 11:47pm:
The GT, AKA: The Great Terror.

This build is pure win man. Our guild shortmanned a couple LE, LH shrouds last night with 10, three of us running Great Terrors and we just tore that place up! 
« Last Edit: Feb 25th, 2016 at 9:59pm by »  

IP Logged

nagus
Ex Member

Reply #42 - Feb 25th, 2016 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
Nice build, you should post it on the Mainboards and freak out some people.  I'm buying a +20 heart this weekend to make a capped one.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #43 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:30pm
Print Post  
it will get nerfed fast if you post on main boards since it utilizes AA imbues with an xbow. mark my words

IP Logged

Yojimbo
Ex Member

Reply #44 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:42pm
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:30pm:
it will get nerfed fast if you post on main boards since it utilizes AA imbues with an xbow. mark my words

? What make you think that, there is a lot of builds on the Main boards that have used AA imbues for years, thrown, repeaters, etc and no nerf, so you should be fine posting it.

BTW this is a brilliant build, thanks for posting.
« Last Edit: Feb 26th, 2016 at 1:43pm by »  

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #45 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
because this one successfully kills trash very fast. I believe that will change the calculus

IP Logged

Yojimbo
Ex Member

Reply #46 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Ah! that makes sense, well thanks for at least putting it up here. Just in case you pull it down I saved it Smiley

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #47 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:09pm
Print Post  
Also, does Embolden spell for sure raise Terror Arrow DCs?

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #48 - Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
Also, anyone know if Arcane Warrior Procs on PK?

IP Logged

Forest
Ex Member

Reply #49 - Feb 27th, 2016 at 12:35am
Print Post  
harharharhar wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:09pm:
Also, does Embolden spell for sure raise Terror Arrow DCs?

Yup. I found it super handy considering how tight the feats are.

harharharhar wrote on Feb 26th, 2016 at 11:26pm:
Also, anyone know if Arcane Warrior Procs on PK?

Nope.  Angry  We also tried static shock, lightning sphere, and entangle to bump it but they all really ate way too much into DPS and proc-rate with the cast times and animations,even with a quicken going.
« Last Edit: Feb 27th, 2016 at 12:49am by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 13
Send TopicPrint