Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
Hot Topic (More than 35 Replies) Best DPS caster now? (Read 10768 times)
Sergod
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Re: Best DPS caster now?
Reply #25 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 9:50am
Print Post  
DoRayEgon wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 9:30am:
Warlocks seem less bursty than Wizard splits.  Less reliant on procs.

not rly. wizards always get procs.

IP Logged

DoRayEgon
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #26 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
Sergod wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 9:50am:
not rly. wizards always get procs.

But they can't really be controlled.  I've gone 4 or 5 MM's before with no proc and that is with Color's of the Queen on.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #27 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:23pm
Print Post  
Quote:
It would be 2s CM +6s CM SLA + Arcane Blast vs 3s aura + 4s aura + 5s Eldritch Burst AE + 8s Spirit Blast 3xAE +9s Stunning Blast AE

Is the wiki wrong regarding the cooldown of Spirit Blast and Stunning Blast?   Wiki says 8/6/5 seconds for Spirit Blast and 6 seconds for Stunning Blast.

Rubbinns wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 8:45am:
Fireballs, acid blasts and chain lightning, along with sonic blast too if you wanted to throw in full rotations of mass proc spells.

With a 13/6/1 Druid/Warlock/Wiz, in a 7s rotation you would get two 3s aura pulses, one 4s druid aura pulse, one Eldritch Burst, one Spirit Blast and one Stunning Blast (MM SLA from the 1 wizard lvl).

For an apples to apples view of DPS over a rotation, we would need to limit the rotation to something around 6, maybe 7 seconds as that is the total time needed for the warlock's button mashing ability cooldowns to refresh and start over.

On a wizard/shiradi build, how many the fireballs, acid blasts, chain lightning, sonic blasts, MM, CM, SLAs, etc. can you squeeze into a 7s rotation?  Pretty sure you cannot trigger all those in 7s due to animation delay, lag, etc.   For comparison's sake, you would/should choose the highest damage combination of options from that list that can be recycled in 7s.

I'm not sure that taking 13 druid levels for a 4s aura pulse is worthwhile even if the damage is comparable to a wizard shiradi build.  Offhand, it seems like you would get larger gains by going 14/6 Wizard/Warlock and cycling in CM and CM SLA with the auras, Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast for Shiradi procs.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #28 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 12:23pm:
On a wizard/shiradi build, how many the fireballs, acid blasts, chain lightning, sonic blasts, MM, CM, SLAs, etc. can you squeeze into a 7s rotation?  Pretty sure you cannot trigger all those in 7s due to animation delay, lag, etc.   For comparison's sake, you would/should choose the highest damage combination of options from that list that can be recycled in 7s.

I can fire off SLA CM, CM, Fireball, DBF, Acid Blast, Chain Lit, Sonic blast, and CM again all before SLA CM gets off cooldown.

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

AtomicMew
Horoluth Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Quote:
I'm not sure that taking 13 druid levels for a 4s aura pulse is worthwhile even if the damage is comparable to a wizard shiradi build.  Offhand, it seems like you would get larger gains by going 14/6 Wizard/Warlock and cycling in CM and CM SLA with the auras, Eldritch Burst and Spirit Blast for Shiradi procs

Shiradi is roughly equivalent to adding 25 base damage.  So it's pretty clear that you're sacrificing way too much base damage on eldritch blast/burst and eldritch aura for the druid aura.  You're way better off switching out those druid levels for warlock - it's not even close.

IP Logged

harharharhar
Epic Poster

Girthless Trolllicker

Reply #30 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:05am:
You do realise that in your efforts to hastily backtrack, these are two contradictory statements.

You're asserting that solo speed runs prove more about the player than the build, but in the above post you challenged them to do it to prove "the superior DPS"

Which by using your logic if they did, you would claim the build was still shit but compensated for by their skill?

Isn't the correct answer that there are likely several builds in the same space, but in the hands of a very skilled player, some have more potential than others?

I'm assuming they're good players. In Mew's case, I know he is.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #31 - Mar 4th, 2016 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
Oops I meant eldritch wave not spirit blast. My bad. It's been awhile since I've read the names of the things. And stunning blast is limited on depravity regen.

I just know that in 9 seconds you get 3x druid auras, ~2.8x warlock auras (they tick faster than the description), 3.3x hit with Eldritch wave, 1.8x hit with eldritch blast, and 1x hit with stunning blast, for a total spell power proc ratio of:

druid 3x auras = 300%
2.8x warlock aura x 1.3 = 364%
1.8x eldritch burst x1 = 180%
3.3x eldritch wave x 150% = 495%
1x stunning blast x 150% = 150%

total of ~1500% spell power proc ratio/9 sec per mob = 165% AoE spell power proc coefficient per sec.

MM>CM combo is 16 missiles in 2 seconds, for 8 missiles/sec @100%, or 800% flat spell power proc coefficient per sec.

If you pull 5 mobs its a tie. > 5 mobs AoEs win, < 5 mobs, MM+CM wins.
« Last Edit: Mar 4th, 2016 at 11:04pm by »  

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #32 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:34am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 4th, 2016 at 5:34pm:
I can fire off SLA CM, CM, Fireball, DBF, Acid Blast, Chain Lit, Sonic blast, and CM again all before SLA CM gets off cooldown.

Yes, but the 10s cooldown on CM SLA is still 5s longer than the cooldown on warlock AEs so if you're going to count all of those spells on a wizard shiradi, you would need to compare it to 2 full cycles of the warlock stuff since it's a 5-6s cooldown cycle.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #33 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:34am:
Yes, but the 10s cooldown on CM SLA is still 5s longer than the cooldown on warlock AEs so if you're going to count all of those spells on a wizard shiradi, you would need to compare it to 2 full cycles of the warlock stuff since it's a 5-6s cooldown cycle.

Say 6 seconds, firing off : hellball(6 seconds), chain lit(5), CM(4), SLA CM(10),  Energy Burst(forever), and last one of fireball/acid blast(4), dbf(6), arcane blast(6), or sonic blast (3 seconds). Cooldowns in parenthesis.

Ideally you start off with CM in order to get it in twice on a 6 second rotation.

1. CM
2. SLA CM
3. Hellball
4. Chain Lit/DBF/energy burst.
5. CM
6. fireball/arcane blast/sonic blast/Acid blast.

This build can also opt to max its CM CL.
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 2:01am by Rubbinns »  

I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.� Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.� They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #34 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 11:43am
Print Post  
Rubbinns wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 1:56am:
Say 6 seconds, firing off : hellball(6 seconds), chain lit(5), CM(4), SLA CM(10),  Energy Burst(forever), and last one of fireball/acid blast(4), dbf(6), arcane blast(6), or sonic blast (3 seconds). Cooldowns in parenthesis.

Ideally you start off with CM in order to get it in twice on a 6 second rotation.

1. CM
2. SLA CM
3. Hellball
4. Chain Lit/DBF/energy burst.
5. CM
6. fireball/arcane blast/sonic blast/Acid blast.

This build can also opt to max its CM CL.

Looks like that rotation probably would be more raw damage output than an auralock.   It would burn through the spell points though. 

A warlock wizard hybrid shiradi is starting to look tempting to me for a wizard PL.   It seems like it might be the best compromise between spell point efficiency, AE damage and red-named DPS.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #35 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:05pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 11:43am:
 It would burn through the spell points though.

Yeah, you have to quicken that as well otherwise the time might be even longer.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #36 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 12:45pm
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on Mar 5th, 2016 at 11:43am:
A warlock wizard hybrid shiradi is starting to look tempting to me for a wizard PL.

Was thinking about doing that for deep gnome lives.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Tilo
Ex Member

Reply #37 - Mar 5th, 2016 at 8:27pm
Print Post  
Ya I don't think the warlock AOE's can be beat for shiradi procs for general leveling. Of course, that starts you down the dark path of a 20 warlock...
« Last Edit: Mar 5th, 2016 at 8:28pm by »  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint