Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fran still unable to do EE quests (Read 53345 times)
Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Fran still unable to do EE quests
May 16th, 2016 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
https://www.ddo.com/forums/showthread.php/475444-Fixing-enlightened-spirit?p=582...

Quote:
My Pure Warlock {2nd Life alt with mediocre gear} is still the only Character I have that is even close to being EE Capable in a Group - Solo? FORGET IT! LE? FORGET IT!
This despite the fact I have 2 6th Life Mains {One of them a Barb, the other ok in the middle of a Druid Past Life and not even going to step into Epics!}, A 4th Life main ES Warlock 16/Rogue 2/Clr 1 Morninglord who doesn't even have HALF the DPS of my Pure Warlock but can trap! And 5 3rd Lifers {3 of whom I consider mains, 1 is my Crafter - Arti and one Alt Tempest {2xRanger} who had zero defense on 1st and 2nd Life and is stuck at Lvl 10 on 3rd because I messed up and took a 7th Ranger level when I was planning 14 Pally/6 Ranger!

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Re: Fran still unable to do EE quests
Reply #1 - May 16th, 2016 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Gotta give the man credit, hes got hella lot alts.
Now if you count how many mains and alts on every server he has and if you combine them all into 1 single character fran could be the most potently strong being in ddo universum!

Sorry, to much weird hentai shit tonight

IP Logged

Illiterate
Titan Demolisher

Yataaaa

Reply #2 - May 16th, 2016 at 8:24pm
Print Post  
Fran gives his opinion on balancing classes and enhancement trees even though he's unable to do EE quests.

It's like a newbie who gives his opinion about warlocks based on his experience in Korthos as a level 1 warlock trying to kill stuff with shitty eldritch blast damage.

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #3 - May 17th, 2016 at 12:04am
Print Post  
Has he considered playing on a lower difficulty? Why YES! Yes he has!

IP Logged

platfarmchink
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #4 - May 17th, 2016 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Maybe he would be a master of Fran Bow. http://www.franbow.com.

"Fran Bow is a creepy adventure game that tells the story of Fran, a young girl struggling with a mental disorder and an unfair destiny."

IP Logged

WeHaveLived
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #5 - May 17th, 2016 at 2:12am
Print Post  
And here I am with what I call the Lords test, where I run EE Lords upon reaching level 20, and if I can't beat it, I TR that toon ASAP.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #6 - May 17th, 2016 at 2:36am
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on May 16th, 2016 at 8:24pm:
Fran gives his opinion on balancing classes and enhancement trees even though he's unable to do EE quests he can't do basic math.

FTFY

That's the issue with most of the people who wail about some change:  They don't know math, and therefore can't see that 3 is simply a larger number than 1.

When that basic fact escapes you there's no hope of you managing to balance anything at all, including a checkbook.

Look at the guy in the OP.  He makes a pile of assumptions about the class and then critiques the class based on his assumptions.

The Warlock was designed to do in melee exactly what it does:  Turtle up and let the blasts and aura kill stuff dead.  Making the assumption that it was intended to do significant, actual 'beat stuff with a pointy thing until it is dead' melee DPS is the failed assumption which causes the arrival at a failed conclusion.  And then the proposals for how to fix the class to do what it was never meant to do in the first place are also failures.

Look at his opening paragraph:
Quote:
As we know, the warlock PrE enlightened spirit was meant to provide the platform for a tanky warlock that could combine melee with magic. This design intend is all over the tree: extra HPs, PRR, initially heals (now nerfed to just hamp), light damage on hit, passive eldritch burst (hence not needing to pew pew), AoE debuffs, and melee power. There is absolutely no doubt that this is all stuff that is meant to make melee viable.

Aside from the fact that starting an argument with an "as we know" is presumptuous and treads close to being a logical fallacy, look at his list of things that "as we know" make Warlocks in the ES tree melee combatants:
"extra HPs, PRR, initially heals (now nerfed to just hamp), light damage on hit, passive eldritch burst (hence not needing to pew pew), AoE debuffs, and melee power."
Of that list only "damage on hit" and "melee power" actually apply.  The rest are present in piles of classes and enhance trees and destinies that are not intended to do melee damage.

Then he turns around and lets us know that he actually does know how the ES Lock plays best.  Quote:
Soon most players have realized that melee is absurd with a warlock ES. A typical ES build plays in unyielding sentinel, turtles up and blasts the enemies to death.
But he just doesn't like it.

I'd respect an argument that began with that accurate summation of how the ES Lock is played and then delved into what he doesn't like about it and his suggestions for changes much more than the disingenuous "It's meant to work this way, so here's how to make it work that way" BS that he actually went with.

But in the end it's a pointless exercise, because Turbine isn't going to change the class or the enhance tree into some kind of "Does the same exact DPS overall, just in the way I'd prefer" pointless waste of their time.  They can't sell more of them just because they are different but just the same.  They already got their "initially OP" sales under their belts, and now they are just going to get trickle sales of VIP subs which give access to the class or TP purchases of access to the class.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #7 - May 17th, 2016 at 8:29am
Print Post  
WeHaveLived wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 2:12am:
And here I am with what I call the Lords test, where I run EE Lords upon reaching level 20, and if I can't beat it, I TR that toon ASAP.

My test is spies ee at 20 since it tests your trap survival /in case no traping, your fort bypass and your spell rotation efficiency (really nice quest to test most builds at 20)
« Last Edit: May 17th, 2016 at 8:31am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #8 - May 17th, 2016 at 9:02am
Print Post  
"Fixing Enlightened Spirit" seemed like the wrong name for that thread.  Perhaps, "Making Warlock do all things so I don't have to learn other classes or how to multiclass" would have been a better name. 

I mean FFS, who looks at the Warlock class and thinks, "Yep, we need to spend time making that class better at melee so it has 0 shortcomings, fuck all the other truly overpowered classes like Clerics, they can wait."

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #9 - May 17th, 2016 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Spoon wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 9:02am:
fuck all the other truly overpowered classes like Clerics

Fuck a cleric; get sexual healing.

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Spoon
Stormreaver Piker

Fuck yeah Drama!

Reply #10 - May 17th, 2016 at 9:39am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 9:31am:

That's only an option if you're playing a halfling or gnome character.

The USA is having so many disasters and tragedies you'd almost think it was built on thousands of ancient Indian burial grounds.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©Í©

Reply #11 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:26am
Print Post  
the real poison is loud people who dont know shit and dont stop talking. fran is one of them

ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩDISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.

IP Logged

GrizzlyBear
Korthos Resident

duh?!

Reply #12 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:29am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 16th, 2016 at 8:20pm:
Now if you count how many mains and alts on every server he has and if you combine them all into 1 single character fran could be the most potently strong being in ddo universum!

You mean Fran is a whole divided Stoddard??
Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #13 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:39am
Print Post  
A)  Fran doesn't know how to play.  A 28 point build warlock with shit gear can absolutely contribute in any EE group. 

B)  The warlock/melee build exists and is quite fun.  Do it with bard, for example.  It's not as powerful as the pure Warlock, but it is still OP.

IP Logged

Doodle
Abbot Raider

Shoot first ask questions
later!

Reply #14 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:59am
Print Post  
That's fucking hilarious.  My first life 16 wiz 2fvs 2rogue shiradi  deep gnome can solo just about any soloable EE and I've solo'd the new stuff except search and rescue.  I went 2rogue for evasion with insightful reflexes.  Has a 90 reflex.  Evasive little thing she is. 

Guess Fran is still eating at the kiddies table.

IP Logged

Flav
Vault Frog

One Frog to Rule them
All!

Reply #15 - May 17th, 2016 at 12:47pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 16th, 2016 at 8:20pm:

Not certain, lots of European Refugees have 14+ Alts on several servers...
But yes he push Altaholism towards the Extreme.

Yes my avatar is an Hermine eating a Greenland Lemming for brunch.

IP Logged

Bigjunk
Horoluth Raider

Hjeal meh!

Reply #16 - May 17th, 2016 at 2:11pm
Print Post  
Flav wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 12:47pm:
But yes he push Altaholism towards the Extreme.

And retardism.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #17 - May 17th, 2016 at 3:09pm
Print Post  
Bigjunk wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 2:11pm:
And retardism.

And gayism.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

ZooperDooper
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #18 - May 17th, 2016 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
Not sure what Frans problem is.. my 'Lock can solo anything provided it doesn't have mechanics demanding more then one player to proceed/complete. The new quests had me slobbering to try the chest glitch, but they friggin fixed it..

Odd... other shit that is a monumental pain in every players sphincter goes on for ages, but something potentially beneficial... "ZOMG.. WE GOTTA FIX THIS SHIT FAST!!"  Undecided

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #19 - May 18th, 2016 at 2:18am
Print Post  
Revaulting wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 9:31am:

Damn. This will probably ring in my ears whole day today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rjlSiASsUIs

IP Logged

Barkabout
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #20 - May 18th, 2016 at 2:28am
Print Post  

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #21 - May 18th, 2016 at 2:08pm
Print Post  
Illiterate wrote on May 16th, 2016 at 8:01pm:
My Pure Warlock {2nd Life alt with mediocre gear} is still the only Character I have that is even close to being EE Capable in a Group - Solo? FORGET IT! LE? FORGET IT!
This despite the fact I have 2 6th Life Mains {One of them a Barb, the other ok in the middle of a Druid Past Life and not even going to step into Epics!}, A 4th Life main ES Warlock 16/Rogue 2/Clr 1 Morninglord who doesn't even have HALF the DPS of my Pure Warlock but can trap! And 5 3rd Lifers {3 of whom I consider mains, 1 is my Crafter - Arti and one Alt Tempest {2xRanger} who had zero defense on 1st and 2nd Life and is stuck at Lvl 10 on 3rd because I messed up and took a 7th Ranger level when I was planning 14 Pally/6 Ranger!

How many "mains" is that? 6? I don't think he knows what that word means. I have 6 completionists, that still does not make all of them mains.

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

PersonaNonGrata
Shroud Slacker

I Love Drama!

Reply #22 - May 18th, 2016 at 6:09pm
Print Post  
ZooperDooper wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:29pm:
Odd... other shit that is a monumental pain in every players sphincter goes on for ages, but something potentially beneficial... "ZOMG.. WE GOTTA FIX THIS SHIT FAST!!"  Undecided

That's the way Turbine rolls.
Bad for players?  Meh.
Good for players?  Fix that shit ASAP.

IP Logged

Red Sox H8 Yankees
Stormreaver Piker

I Love Drama!

Reply #23 - May 18th, 2016 at 7:17pm
Print Post  
Fran is weak, ass, shit.

The grass is always greener on the other side of the razor wire fence.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #24 - May 18th, 2016 at 8:28pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 2:08pm:
How many "mains" is that? 6? I don't think he knows what that word means. I have 6 completionists, that still does not make all of them mains.

When I see Fran say something like "I have 2 6th Life Mains" the first thing that occurs to me is that all 6 of those past lives were probably in the same class.  Because he is stupid like that.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint