Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fran still unable to do EE quests (Read 53657 times)
bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Fran still unable to do EE quests
Reply #25 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:37am
Print Post  
Fran is DDO's trigglypuff.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #26 - May 19th, 2016 at 3:08pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 8:28pm:
When I see Fran say something like "I have 2 6th Life Mains" the first thing that occurs to me is that all 6 of those past lives were probably in the same class.  Because he is stupid like that.

My bet is a combination of druid and bard PLs for the 6.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #27 - May 19th, 2016 at 3:26pm
Print Post  
I just don't understand how someone could play the game as long as he has and still be so bad at it, and be so ignorant about how the game actually works.

IP Logged

Bigdickrichguy
Horoluth Raider

I'm gunna put my dick<br
/>in your vag.<br />

Reply #28 - May 19th, 2016 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
bob the builder wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 3:26pm:
I just don't understand how someone could play the game as long as he has and still be so bad at it, and be so ignorant about how the game actually works.

Hi Welcome

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #29 - May 19th, 2016 at 11:31pm
Print Post  

He's kinda like a tenured professor who has never held a job in the real world.  He does know all kinds of stuff about the game.  But he has zero practical knowledge combined with a burning desire to "help" new players.

Another example might be Rachel Maddow.  I'm fairly left leaning these days, but I have often watched her show and had something like this occur:
Maddow makes point one.
I agree.
Maddow makes point two.
I agree.
Maddow makes point three.
I agree.
Maddow reaches her conclusion.
I go "What the fuck?  How did that just happen?  That is not the conclusion you arrive at from points 1-3!"

Fran is similar.  He can lay down a pile of accurate information and then provide the most incorrect conclusions from those facts.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

CosmicCharlie
Shroud Slacker

How do you do?

Reply #30 - May 20th, 2016 at 4:55am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:31pm:
Rachel Maddow

Gay & Retarded. Indeed. Indeed.
Gay & Retarded indeed.

IP Logged

Artorias
Shroud Slacker

Reply #31 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:22am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 19th, 2016 at 11:31pm:
He's kinda like a tenured professor who has never held a job in the real world.  He does know all kinds of stuff about the game.

Too bad it's the wrong stuff. He and the other stupid fanboyz have often been proved wrong by the community. The only notable thing about Fran is his stupidity and an irritating obsession with exclamation marks

Typical conversation with Fran:

F: NO! tielflings in eberron don't have tails!!!!!
!!!
!
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!

Player: ..............................

F: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

!!!    !

That dude needs a serious surgical procedure to have his head extracted from his own ass
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 8:25am by Artorias »  

IP Logged

apep
Dragon Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #32 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:38am
Print Post  
Artorias wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:22am:
The only notable thing about Fran is his stupidity and an irritating obsession with exclamation marks

{You forgot his use of braces in place of parentheses!}

IP Logged

Lelouch
Shroud Slacker

What is a moron? A person
playing ddo

Reply #33 - May 20th, 2016 at 8:39am
Print Post  

You should listen to stories from my guildie when he groups with tilo.

Priceless

What i respect about fran is that he admits that he cannot do high end content.
His issue from my perspective is that he spends to much time on alts and on the social aspect of the game, aka he is friendly in groups, he helps people, tries to talk.

To be  a ee soloer the main prereq is to be a utter asshole with no respect toward other human players
« Last Edit: May 20th, 2016 at 8:42am by Lelouch »  

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #34 - May 20th, 2016 at 9:29am
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:39am:
To be  a ee soloer the main prereq is to be a utter asshole with no respect toward other human players

I thought that was the prereq for the secret subforums.

IP Logged

Sim-Sala-Bim
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Wha...?

Reply #35 - May 20th, 2016 at 10:09am
Print Post  
gibbon wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 9:29am:
I thought that was the prereq for the secret subforums.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #36 - May 20th, 2016 at 12:36pm
Print Post  
Lelouch wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 8:39am:

Nah, I've been invited to group with several people who I know could solo ee content and just wanted to group.  I dued thunder peaks with a guy who could solo it, it was my first time doing that and it was an awesome and eye-opening experience.

Unfortunately I think the lag drove them all away because I never see them online any more. 

No, let me be Frank.

I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #37 - May 20th, 2016 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
Allright......so Fran confirmed that he does not take haste or damage boost on his fighters.

I'd say from that we can draw the conclusion that he indeed, has no clue and probably couldn't find his own balls even if we placed his hands on his thighs as a starting point.

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #38 - May 21st, 2016 at 8:20pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 2:36am:
FTFY

That's the issue with most of the people who wail about some change:  They don't know math, and therefore can't see that 3 is simply a larger number than 1.

When that basic fact escapes you there's no hope of you managing to balance anything at all, including a checkbook.

Look at the guy in the OP.  He makes a pile of assumptions about the class and then critiques the class based on his assumptions.

The Warlock was designed to do in melee exactly what it does:  Turtle up and let the blasts and aura kill stuff dead.  Making the assumption that it was intended to do significant, actual 'beat stuff with a pointy thing until it is dead' melee DPS is the failed assumption which causes the arrival at a failed conclusion.  And then the proposals for how to fix the class to do what it was never meant to do in the first place are also failures.

Look at his opening paragraph:
Aside from the fact that starting an argument with an "as we know" is presumptuous and treads close to being a logical fallacy, look at his list of things that "as we know" make Warlocks in the ES tree melee combatants:
"extra HPs, PRR, initially heals (now nerfed to just hamp), light damage on hit, passive eldritch burst (hence not needing to pew pew), AoE debuffs, and melee power."
Of that list only "damage on hit" and "melee power" actually apply.  The rest are present in piles of classes and enhance trees and destinies that are not intended to do melee damage.

Then he turns around and lets us know that he actually does know how the ES Lock plays best. 
But he just doesn't like it.

I'd respect an argument that began with that accurate summation of how the ES Lock is played and then delved into what he doesn't like about it and his suggestions for changes much more than the disingenuous "It's meant to work this way, so here's how to make it work that way" BS that he actually went with.

But in the end it's a pointless exercise, because Turbine isn't going to change the class or the enhance tree into some kind of "Does the same exact DPS overall, just in the way I'd prefer" pointless waste of their time.  They can't sell more of them just because they are different but just the same.  They already got their "initially OP" sales under their belts, and now they are just going to get trickle sales of VIP subs which give access to the class or TP purchases of access to the class.

Don't I give you guys enough ammunition without you needing to attack me for something I never said?

The OP of that thread is not I!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #39 - May 21st, 2016 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
Asheras wrote on May 17th, 2016 at 10:39am:
A)  Fran doesn't know how to play.  A 28 point build warlock with shit gear can absolutely contribute in any EE group. 

My Pure Warlock is the only one of my characters that is capable of not dying over and over again in EEs.

Does not = My Warlock can't do EEs!

Maybe I didn't make myself clear in that thread but my Warlock has run EEs in Groups and got through them without trouble - Not LEs yet I'll admit.

My point was that Warlock is absolutely the last Class that needs a buff as it's literally the only Class I can join EE Groups with with any confidence!

My Monk {Currently doing Centred Fighter Lives for Tactics boost} is also capable of doing low-mid level EEs in Groups but expect him to take 5 minutes to kill anything! And if he gets two or more mobs on him he's dead as a dodo!

My Morninglord Warlock/Rogue/Cleric is a completely messed up Int Build that now I've got him to 30 needs TRing - The whole point of it though was to get Morninglord and Warlock past lives at the same time.

Frank wrote on May 18th, 2016 at 8:28pm:
When I see Fran say something like "I have 2 6th Life Mains" the first thing that occurs to me is that all 6 of those past lives were probably in the same class.  Because he is stupid like that.

Nope:

Enoch has 2 Paladin, 2 Druid and 1 FvS Past Life and is currently Lvl 17 on his 3rd Druid {Final Life will be FvS}.

Molineux has done Bard, Sorc, FvS, Paladin and Druid past lives and is currently on his Barb Life {All Warforged or Bladeforged, Final Life will be WF Warchanter but going for single completionist first}.

Larystessian {The Morninglock mentioned above} has 2 Druid and 1 Wizard past life and is currently Lvl 30 on his 1st Warlock life {Final Life will be Wiz/Rogue, All Lives must have at least 1 Rogue Level}.

I also have 8 3rd Life Characters only one of whom {My Tempest} is on their 3rd life of the same main class {and then only because I messed up and took the 7th Ranger level on what was meant to be a 14 Pally/6 Ranger life.
« Last Edit: May 21st, 2016 at 8:37pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #40 - May 21st, 2016 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 8:20pm:
Don't I give you guys enough ammunition without you needing to attack me for something I never said?

Grin

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

pnellesen
Titan Demolisher

We can't all just get
along.

Reply #41 - May 21st, 2016 at 11:28pm
Print Post  
somenewnoob wrote on May 20th, 2016 at 2:26pm:
Allright......so Fran confirmed that he does not take haste or damage boost on his fighters.

This has me shaking my head as well - I'm certainly no expert at the game, but I cannot imagine not taking these boosts on ANY melee that qualify for them. Fran, you read these forums - RESPEC YOUR ENHANCEMENTS AND TAKE THEM, if only on one character, just as an experiment. You may only want them situationally, but you REALLY want them in those situations.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #42 - May 22nd, 2016 at 4:42am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 8:20pm:

The OP of that thread is not I!

And where, in that long quote of me, are you mentioned?

Oh, that's right.  I didn't mention you at all.

Hey, who did I specifically mention?  The OP.

You give us, or at least me, ammunition because of crap like this.  When you have a complete failure of reading comprehension you can expect some polite feedback.

And I'm still not convinced this is anything other than a sock.  You consistently fail to post in the same writing style you make so distinctive on the ddoboards.  Only one exclamation point?  No use of braces instead of parenthesis?  No parenthetical asides at all?  Doesn't read like Fran.

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #43 - May 22nd, 2016 at 4:49am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 8:35pm:
My point was that Warlock is absolutely the last Class that needs a buff as it's literally the only Class I can join EE Groups with with any confidence!

This is funny.  And, believe it or not, it's not a snipe at you, pseudo-Fran.

The OP swears up and down he's not asking for buffs to warlocks, just 'changes' that will make them play the way he'd rather they played.

Chai, paranoid as always, insists that the OP and others are looking to stealth-nerf warlocks by getting the blasts reduced in exchange for ... something.  I didn't quite get it.  Cleaves?

And you're here saying that you think they play fine and don't need a buff.

Of the three positions, yours is the one I agree with.

Quote:
My Monk {Currently doing Centred Fighter Lives for Tactics boost} is also capable of doing low-mid level EEs in Groups but expect him to take 5 minutes to kill anything! And if he gets two or more mobs on him he's dead as a dodo!

Better work on the parenthetical braces.
Monks dodge shit.  When you're not hit, you aren't killed.  It's not hard, you don't have to be a master build constructionist, just look at the class and see how it can stay alive.  My builds often have lower relative DPS because I'm fine giving that up for survivability.
« Last Edit: May 22nd, 2016 at 4:55am by Frank »  

No, let me be Frank.

I will not chone.

IP Logged

Asheras
Completionist (i.t.p.)

This is why we can't have
nice things.

Reply #44 - May 22nd, 2016 at 9:18pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 21st, 2016 at 8:35pm:
My point was that Warlock is absolutely the last Class that needs a buff

I would agree with this.  But I still think your characters are gimps.   Cheesy

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #45 - May 23rd, 2016 at 5:55am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 22nd, 2016 at 4:49am:
Monks dodge shit.  When you're not hit, you aren't killed.  It's not hard, you don't have to be a master build constructionist, just look at the class and see how it can stay alive.  My builds often have lower relative DPS because I'm fine giving that up for survivability. 

My Monk is ok going one on one with mobs {Stun and beat on em} but that takes a long time and in EEs it's rare I'll not end up facing more than one mob at a time.

Against 3+ mobs my Monk is dead in EEs!
Against 2 mobs it's a 50/50.
Against 1 mob he's fine.

But I will say this - At the moment he's doing Centred Fighter Past Lives and not in any way optimized!

1 Monk, 3 Fighter, Which would be your choice for next Life remembering he's going to end up as a Pure Wraps Monk?

If Paladin, How would you build a wraps Pally?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 5:57am by FranOhmsford »  

IP Logged

higgildypiggildy
Stormreaver Piker

I just mock the world

Reply #46 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:06am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 5:55am:
1 Monk, 3 Fighter, Which would be your choice for next Life remembering he's going to end up as a Pure Wraps Monk?

If Paladin, How would you build a wraps Pally?

Play a Bladeforged Pally 20.  Or Bladeforged Pally14/Ranger 6. 
Ignore wraps for that life.  It's not your final life.  Use weapons that are appropriate for that life.  Not weapons that will be appropriate next life.

I ain't got no mothafukkinsignature

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #47 - May 23rd, 2016 at 9:30am
Print Post  
higgildypiggildy wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 9:06am:
Play a Bladeforged Pally 20.  Or Bladeforged Pally14/Ranger 6. 
Ignore wraps for that life.  It's not your final life.  Use weapons that are appropriate for that life.  Not weapons that will be appropriate next life. 

This is my main gripe with DDO!
And it's got nothing to do with the Devs and everything to do with the Players!

I accept Reincarnation - In fact it's an obviously good thing that allows players to keep playing.

But I want my characters to remain the same characters throughout if at all possible.

There's every chance Lieuk {My Monk} will never do Bladeforged, PDK, Shadar-Kai or Svirfneblin lives as he is an Elf {Morninglord is fine}.

I would also like my characters if at all possible to fight in the same way throughout each life - So a Wraps Monk will preferably use Wraps through every life {Obviously this also means no Barb or Bard past lives and no Completionist unless I manage to find/buy the Hearts required to do the lesser reincarnations at 20 first}.
While my WF will most likely use a Greatsword for every life.

I have extreme difficulties with inventory as is and have filled 110 slots out of 110 in my Shared Bank and all available slots in my Character Banks on many characters.
I don't have space to fit in extra weapons just for a Pally Life when I could surely find a build that would allow me to stick with wraps?
What's wrong with Pally/Monk?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 9:33am by FranOhmsford »  

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #48 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:17am
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 9:30am:
But I want my characters to remain the same characters throughout if at all possible.

Until you let go of this, you'll continue to be frustrated, and it's got fuck all to do with the other players.

I would also like my characters if at all possible to fight in the same way throughout each life

This is a great way to not learn new things.

I have extreme difficulties with inventory as is and have filled 110 slots out of 110 in my Shared Bank and all available slots in my Character Banks on many characters.
I don't have space to fit in extra weapons just for a Pally Life when I could surely find a build that would allow me to stick with wraps?

You have the potential for 274 inventory slots (8 local tabs of 20 slots each, 15 slots on the doll for equipped gear, 5 tabs of 20 slots in the bank, minus one for your Heart of Wood) for BTC gear, not counting the ability to destroy items immediately before reincarnation and buy them back from a tavern when you wake up in Korthos or House C.

That's enough space to hang onto gear that's good enough for leveling purposes for each class and allowing each class to perform somewhat distinctly from the others.  Casting classes would have a lot of overlap, as will melee, but 274 slots is plenty of space to allow for meaningful per-class diversity in play.

Your "extreme difficulty" is self-imposed bullshit.  Get rid of your ToD belt/necklaces and any other crap that you haven't equipped for the past seven lives or use for only one level.

How many weapons do you think a BF Paladin needs?  Ember Great Axe until level 4, Carnifex until SoS at 10,  SoS until ESoS or Thunderforged.  Only SoS, ESoS, and Thunderforged are BTC, so that's three, plus a Triple Positive or Mournlode Maul (which stays BTA if you don't upgrade it past Tier 2).  It's not necessary to carry around a golf bag full of weapons.  These same weapons can work for Barbarian and PDK Fighter lives.

You can stick with wraps for Paladin lives, but it comes at the short term expense of sub-par performance and the long term expense of failing to learn new things.

What's wrong with Pally/Monk?

There's no longer enough right with it to justify it.

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #49 - May 23rd, 2016 at 10:24am
Print Post  
so since you are stuck playing dress up with your characters the game needs changes? "but lieuk is a light monk who likes walks on the beaches and if he was bladeforged he might rust"

2016 and your main gripe is that your character's character immersion is damaged when u have to decide to do different things for different benefits

is that really your argument? im willing to accept that i misunderstand this if you can prove it.

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 8
Send TopicPrint