Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
Very Hot Topic (More than 75 Replies) Fran still unable to do EE quests (Read 53354 times)
somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Re: Fran still unable to do EE quests
Reply #50 - May 23rd, 2016 at 11:14am
Print Post  
You should probably just be running things on normal.

Elite is not for you.
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 11:14am by somenewnoob »  

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #51 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:39pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 10:17am:
Until you let go of this, you'll continue to be frustrated, and it's got fuck all to do with the other players.

Why should I have to let go of the reason I play the game in the first place?
Let go of this = Quit the game. Now you and others may want me gone but this is Dungeons & Dragons Online and that should mean something!

This is a great way to not learn new things.

I have 30 characters on Cannith alone, 16 on Sarlona, 7 on Khyber and at least one on every other Server!
I have 2 6th Lifers, 1 4th Lifer and Multiple 3rd Lifers.
Total 2nd Life+ is 31 Characters!

I've played every single Class and multiple multiclasses.

I've got FOUR Bladeforged Pallies, 1 Warforged FvS, 1 Bladeforged Warlock/Pally mix, a Warforged Barbarian and a Bladeforged Eldritch Knight at this very moment!

I'm not going to learn anything new about playing a THF Pally from turning my Wraps Monk into a Bladeforged Pally!

You have the potential for 274 inventory slots (8 local tabs of 20 slots each, 15 slots on the doll for equipped gear, 5 tabs of 20 slots in the bank, minus one for your Heart of Wood) for BTC gear, not counting the ability to destroy items immediately before reincarnation and buy them back from a tavern when you wake up in Korthos or House C.

That's enough space to hang onto gear that's good enough for leveling purposes for each class and allowing each class to perform somewhat distinctly from the others.  Casting classes would have a lot of overlap, as will melee, but 274 slots is plenty of space to allow for meaningful per-class diversity in play.

Your "extreme difficulty" is self-imposed bullshit.  Get rid of your ToD belt/necklaces and any other crap that you haven't equipped for the past seven lives or use for only one level.

Not knowing what random loot is worth keeping is far more of a problem than Named Gear!

How many weapons do you think a BF Paladin needs?  Ember Great Axe until level 4, Carnifex until SoS at 10,  SoS until ESoS or Thunderforged.  Only SoS, ESoS, and Thunderforged are BTC, so that's three, plus a Triple Positive or Mournlode Maul (which stays BTA if you don't upgrade it past Tier 2).  It's not necessary to carry around a golf bag full of weapons.  These same weapons can work for Barbarian and PDK Fighter lives.

As I've said before Barbarian and PDK are unlikely for this character anyway and I'm already almost done with my Fighter Lives.
I'm not going completionist on every character and this is one that I don't need Completionist for.
I can get by without a few extra HPs from Barb {the +9 PRR would be very very nice but hopefully I can do without that too.}.

I'm not farming Carnifex and certainly not farming SoS or Mournlode just for Past Lives!

You can stick with wraps for Paladin lives, but it comes at the short term expense of sub-par performance and the long term expense of failing to learn new things.

I'm looking at doing Past Lives - There's a good chance these will be Heroic rather than Iconic and TRd at 20.

I can probably go 14 Pally/6 Monk and get to 20 easily enough but I was wondering if there's something like perhaps 12 Pally/6 Fighter/2 Monk that might work better what with Kensai having been changed?

I was also wondering if Pally would be the best option for my next life or if something else would be better to get first?

There's no longer enough right with it to justify it.

There's not enough right with Pure Wraps Monk to justify it by your definition either but Lieuk's final Life will be Pure Wraps Monk!

I'd like to make him as good a Pure Wraps Monk as possible even with the disadvantage of being an Elf and that means a minimum of 3 Fighter, 3 Pally and 3 Monk Past Lives {He will also have Morninglord Past Lives but they're neither here nor there for a Monk}.
PDK would be nice yes.
Barb would be icing.
What other Past Lives would help and would you go Pally next, do the second Monk life next or something else?

Monk {Did 3 possibly 4 Epic Reincarnations - All Destinies Maxed!}
Fighter {Actually was Morninglord Fighter 10 / Monk 9 / Cleric 1 / Epic 10}
Fighter {Actually he's only on 2nd Fighter Life right now - Morninglord Fighter 12 / Monk 7 / Cleric 1 / Epic 6}
Fighter {Well Ftr/Monk and probably Heroic as don't like Morninglord and may save the final Morninglord life for later}.
What? Pally? Monk? Something else?
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 1:43pm by FranOhmsford »  

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #52 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:44pm
Print Post  
I realize you guys derive great pleasure from tormenting Fran, but at some point it's got to get old.

Can't we just ignore him?

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #53 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:47pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 1:44pm:
I realize you guys derive great pleasure from tormenting Fran, but at some point it's got to get old.

You can ignore me if you like just like I ignore certain people but I don't tell other people who to ignore and neither should you!

Main Characters by Server - Cannith Jelina, Sylveria, Enochpagett, Lieuk, Larystessian, Molineux. Sarlona Keltenn, Franq, Athiina, Nyszsa, Curleag, Nalpheyn. Khyber Tynecastle, Athenion, Argo Clievelund, Bjorkalina, G-Land Hassannavid, Tannadice.

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #54 - May 23rd, 2016 at 1:54pm
Print Post  
I know the last time I interacted with you on these forums I was pretty harsh. I'm going to try to do things a little differently.

FranOhmsford wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 1:39pm:
Not knowing what random loot is worth keeping is far more of a problem than Named Gear!

Most random loot is garbage. For the small percentage that is not, you should be able to tell which are pieces you're likely to use. I found a +11 search/+13 disable goggles yesterday. I have plenty of characters that have rogue levels (one or more) and I was impressed by how nice that item is. However, I immediately knew I would never use it because it's goggles and I have other things that go in that slot on most of my characters. So, I auctioned it (15kp) and it sold.

Quote:
I'm not farming Carnifex

I am simply amazed that with the number of characters you have that you've never pulled a Carnifex. You must not run Delera's every life - or, if you do, then I'm guessing you probably missed it on the list. I've pulled one and I've got far fewer characters than you do (and I also run it every life).

Quote:
I can probably go 14 Pally/6 Monk and get to 20 easily enough but I was wondering if there's something like perhaps 12 Pally/6 Fighter/2 Monk that might work better what with Kensai having been changed?

You realize you can do as little as 10 paladin levels, right? Even 10 paladin/10 monk. I'm not saying this is a good choice, but it's something to keep in mind. By not going to 4 monk levels, you miss out on 2% dodge. If you go to 6 monk levels, you get another class feat and Adept of Forms for free. You could do 8 paladin/6 fighter/6 monk, but I don't really see what 6 levels of fighter are getting you. Sure, you're getting 4 class feats out of it and maybe Stalwart Defender stance (does this even stack with the paladin stance that grants PRR/MRR?).

Quote:
I was also wondering if Pally would be the best option for my next life or if something else would be better to get first?

No one can really tell you this. You pretty much have to decide this for yourself based on what your goal is for your character.

The thing that strikes me about you is you seem to struggle when it comes to thinking tactically. If this is accurate, this is why your builds are sub-optimal compared to where you either/both seem to think they should be and/or want them to be and also compared to other builds. This isn't meant as a criticism. So, don't take it personally (though that is probably a fruitless request). I'm genuinely trying to think of ways to help you.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

Dickbutt
Titan Demolisher

Richard Butkus

Reply #55 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:16pm
Print Post  
FranOhmsford wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 1:47pm:
You can ignore me if you like just like I ignore certain people but I don't tell other people who to ignore and neither should you!

He was just asking a question. There's no need to aggressively push your own ideals onto him.

IP Logged

somenewnoob
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #56 - May 23rd, 2016 at 2:24pm
Print Post  
Technomage wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 1:44pm:

But if we let Fran make a fighter without haste and damage boost......tomorrow.......he will tell a poor noob that it's ok to make a fighter without haste and damage boost. And then that noob will tell another noob who will each teach that sort of ignorance to their children who will teach it to their friends.......

And then years from now, when we are dying in our beds........every single fighter in DDO will be running around without haste and damage boosts........and we could have....NAY.....we SHOULD HAVE STOPPED IT.

But we were silent. And we did NOTHING. We just watched it happen!

So you ask why we can't ignore Fran.........we do it good sir, for the FUTURE OF ALL FIGHTERS. EVERYWHERE.
FOR ALL TIME!!

We will stand by and watch it happen.......NO LONGER. The LINE MUST BE DRAWN!

Grab life by the pussy.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #57 - May 23rd, 2016 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
You have the potential for 274 inventory slots (8 local tabs of 20 slots each, 15 slots on the doll for equipped gear, 5 tabs of 20 slots in the bank, minus one for your Heart of Wood) for BTC gear, not counting the ability to destroy items immediately before reincarnation and buy them back from a tavern when you wake up in Korthos or House C.

+10 or more slots for BtCoE gear on the ASAH.

What other Past Lives would help
What? Pally? Monk? Something else?

x3 Arti for UMD
x3 Favored Soul for SP (since you'll be cocooning)
x3 Rogue for sneak attack damage
x3 Sorcerer for SP (see Fvs)
x3 Warlock for MRR
x3 Ranger for resists and ranged damage (since a wraps pure monk build will still deal more damage chucking shuriken.)

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Digimonk
Puppy Farmer

Reply #58 - May 23rd, 2016 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Let go of this = Quit the game.

Stuff changes in MMOs, for better or worse.  If you don't like games that change, MMOs are probably not for you. 

Adapt your gameplay as the rules change or just accept that you will eventually be relegated to non-ee viable flavor builds.  Your choice.  Choose and stop bitching about it.

I have 30 characters on Cannith alone, 16 on Sarlona, 7 on Khyber and at least one on every other Server!
I have 2 6th Lifers, 1 4th Lifer and Multiple 3rd Lifers.
Total 2nd Life+ is 31 Characters!

I've played every single Class and multiple multiclasses.

I've got FOUR Bladeforged Pallies, 1 Warforged FvS, 1 Bladeforged Warlock/Pally mix, a Warforged Barbarian and a Bladeforged Eldritch Knight at this very moment!

I'm not going to learn anything new about playing a THF Pally from turning my Wraps Monk into a Bladeforged Pally!

If you have that many toons and past lives and you can't figure out any non-warlock builds that are EE viable, you are either being intentionally obtuse or you are the textbook definition of a slow learner.

If you turned your wraps monk into a *good* THF Bladeforged Paladin build and pulled your head out of your ass, you might learn that classes other than Warlocks can easily solo EE.  Given your previous statement about the number of your toons and past lives though, that's a HUGE might.

My very first toon in DDO was a pure monk.  I learned pretty early into epics that a pure monk was a fairly poor choice for EE content, especially for soloing it.  Since then, every build/life I've run has been EE solo capable by design.  Some I've gone pure, some I've multi-classed to shore up known weaknesses of the main class specifically for EE content. This includes almost every class icon in the game so I know it can be done. 

There's not enough right with Pure Wraps Monk to justify it by your definition either but Lieuk's final Life will be Pure Wraps Monk!

I'd like to make him as good a Pure Wraps Monk as possible even with the disadvantage of being an Elf...

This right here is your problem.  You're saying "I've been told that what I want to do sucks, I know it sucks, but I'm going to do it anyway."  You intentionally choose sub-par builds then complain about how hard EE is and how overpowered proper builds are.  Take some personal responsibility for your choices of sub-par builds and accept the downsides that come with the choice.  Don't whine about it or use that as a bar to complain about other classes or builds.

There are many pages of good builds in the builds sections on this website that you could easily use.  There are even some solid builds on the official forums, too.  That you have such readily available references and examples on how to make EE solo capable builds and intentionally choose to ignore them while complaining about the state of end-game content says a lot of unflattering things about you.  It's also the primary reason why you catch so much flak here. 
« Last Edit: May 23rd, 2016 at 3:14pm by Digimonk »  

IP Logged

nowAvaultie
Waterworks Kobold

I Love Drama!

Reply #59 - May 23rd, 2016 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 3:02pm:
x3 Ranger for resists and ranged damage (since a wraps pure monk build will still deal more damage chucking shuriken.)

The +2 ranged damage from Ranger past lives do not apply to thrown weapons. I have verified that in game. It only applies to bows and crossbows.

OldCoaly wrote on May 27th, 2016 at 11:27am:
If one of those types of weapons isn't "wraps", then it's a non-starter for Fran.

IP Logged

5 Foot Step
Completionist (i.t.p.)

I Hate Idiots!

Reply #60 - May 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm
Print Post  
nowAvaultie wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 3:20pm:
The +2 ranged damage from Ranger past lives do not apply to thrown weapons. I have verified that in game. It only applies to bows and crossbows.

Did you bug report it?

Build links
Endgame Gear Guide
Cannith Crafting Planner link

Warning: May contain outdated cultural depictions.

IP Logged

Revaulting
Completionist (i.t.p.)

Reply #61 - May 24th, 2016 at 2:58am
Print Post  
5 Foot Step wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 3:34pm:
Did you bug report it?

lol

Silence is golden, but I only get silver rolls.

IP Logged

Angry
Puppy Farmer

Reply #62 - May 24th, 2016 at 4:17am
Print Post  
Digimonk wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 3:06pm:
you might learn that classes other than Warlocks can easily solo EE. 

You are forgetting one major thing. Classes/ builds/ characters don't do jack shit. Some builds are easier to play, that is for sure, but it's still very dependent on the driver. You can give a child a toy, but you can't make them play.

When people claim that they don't have solo EE chars/ builds.. what they are actually saying, is that they do not know how to run a quest solo at that difficulty. With some tactics and tools, you can drag yourself through EE content on even less than ideal builds.

Concerning Fran.. DDO is a game. If you don't enjoy doing something, don't do it. It's a game, it's sole reason for existing is to entertain.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #63 - May 24th, 2016 at 5:58am
Print Post  

Sell, auction, or melt anything under ML20.  You really don't need much gear help in heroics and keeping a huge pile of gear around that you're just going to forget you have and not use is a waste of storage space.

There might be a few items you hang on to, but they better be 'blue moon' drops.  I just melted a sweet weapon with resonance of sonic lore.  Why?  It was a bastard sword.  It it had been finessable I probably would have held on to it for a bard run.  Was it junk?  No, spell power of spell lore weapons are always nice.  But I didn't need it clogging up my storage space and not being finessable.

CC can fill in gear better than a mule full of junk.  CC plus a few targeted items.  You need 100% fort, so nightforge gorget.  You need death ward, so flesh rendor guards.  Deathward is also a fairly common property on new loot, just don't keep 7 items with it and you'll be fine.

Quote:
I'm not farming Carnifex and certainly not farming SoS or Mournlode just for Past Lives!
Carnifex and Mornlode aren't farmed so much as they should just happen for anyone who has played as long ans on as many characters as you.  You run Delera's every life, right?  And someone like you who swaps chars so frequently might easily see a guildy ask for help, so running it more than once isn't even out of the question.  Run it 3 times and carnifex is a guarantee.  Mornlode is similar.  You want the first time XP for all of those challenges.  And they can fit so flexibly into your leveling plan.  So the mats just accumulate, and you can buy whatever level you can afford.  Just don't take them to tier 3 and they remain BtA.

Digimonk wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 3:06pm:
This right here is your problem.  You're saying "I've been told that what I want to do sucks, I know it sucks, but I'm going to do it anyway."

Quite true.  Fran is like the lost person who pulls over and asks you for directions.  After taking 15 minutes to explain exactly how to get to where he needs to go, he comes back with "I never drive on the interstate.  I need directions that take me on the back roads."

Remember, Fran?  Remember when you bitched here about not knowing how to slot a +12 Str item?  I said LGS, goes to +15 and another +7 at tier 2.  You came back with the equivalent of "I don't drive on the interstate."  People tend to stop trying to help someone who seem to prefer finding reasons for not following their advice over getting where they are trying to go.

Quote:
Someone said something about Leg GS - Chances are if I do somehow manage to make an LGS item {Lol - I haven't even run Leg Shroud yet!} the first one will be a Weapon and I don't want my Main Stat on a Weapon!
What happens when I need to swap Weapons?

LGS items are fairly trivial to make.  Two runs on LN gives you more than 100 runes.  Maybe 5 runs total and nothing bought from the store and you should be able to make a T1/T2 item.  If you're going to set aside your goal out of an unfounded fear, you have already given up on that goal.  Measure the drop in DPS against the gain of swapping weapons.  If it makes sense, do it.  If it doesn't make sense, don't do it.  How simple is that?

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #64 - May 24th, 2016 at 7:09am
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 5:58am:
Sell, auction, or melt anything under ML20.  You really don't need much gear help in heroics

I read this too fucking much all over the Vault and the mobos and it simply is just not true. 

There's a HUGE goddamned difference in the time between doing 1-20 (or 15-20) with great gear and doing it with just any old POS rando gear you find like everyone squawks about being "sufficient".

The blithering fucktard comments about heroics being so easy with just "whatever" for gear are just parroting other idiots and spreading dis-information whether they know it or not similar to what another poster wrote about Haste Boost and Damage Boost.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

gibbon
Dragon Raider

smhma in a cube

Reply #65 - May 24th, 2016 at 10:10am
Print Post  
I have 30 characters...

OK so you have a stable full of characters you're attached to. Yet some level of gameplay eludes you. So, why not copy and paste a build that's widely acknowledged on these boards to be top tier. Take it into those quests and learn them on a build that will actually come out the other side. When you learn the mechanics you can take a less well-prepared but more emotionally satisfying character through them. Run a wolf with stalwart stances. Yes, you will feel icky. Your other characters will forgive you if you actually learn something that makes them die less.
I'm not going to learn anything new...

Empty your cup.

IP Logged

OldCoaly
Puppy Farmer

Why did you think this
time would be different?

Reply #66 - May 24th, 2016 at 11:17am
Print Post  
Let go of this = Quit the game. Now you and others may want me gone but this is Dungeons & Dragons Online and that should mean something!

The game is a moving target.  Rules change a couple times every year.  What worked last year works differently now, and what works now may not work next year.

It's called "Dungeons and Dragons Online", but every rule change has taken it further away from "Dungeons and Dragons".  It hasn't been D&D for a while.

I think the frequency and magnitude of the rules changes are pretty crummy, but Turbine doesn't care what I think, or what you think, so either adapt to the changes or be frustrated by them.

I don't want you gone, but I would like to see you grow.

If you're sure about it before you try, then it's a self fulfilling prophecy.  If, on the other hand, you embrace the change and look for ways to play the build to its strengths and not the same way you've been playing everything for years, you would learn something new.

Random loot isn't bound.  If you're going to horde faster than you can learn to parse which combinations are relevant, create F2P accounts and mail/trade your horded crap to characters on them.

Each F2P account provides two character slots, each of which comes with 80 inventory slots without running any quests (except the Grotto) that you can examine and sort through at the same time your main character is active.

Instead of keeping everything because you can't tell what's worth keeping, it's more efficient to learn what's worth keeping.  There's that "learn" word again.

Mokune wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 7:09am:
There's a HUGE goddamned difference in the time between doing 1-20 (or 15-20) with great gear and doing it with just any old POS rando gear you find like everyone squawks about being "sufficient".

The blithering fucktard comments about heroics being so easy with just "whatever" for gear are just parroting other idiots and spreading dis-information whether they know it or not similar to what another poster wrote about Haste Boost and Damage Boost.

You don't need best in slot gear to level.  Great gear does make a difference, but nobody suggested "POS rando gear" being appropriate. 

Between understanding what makes an item desirable and having a good pile of plat it's easy to find what you need to level up either as loot drops or through AH purchases.  It won't be the same as named loot accumulated with an eye for being useful across a wide range of classes over 30 lives on the same character, but it's enough to enable you to be effective and contribute as you acquire more goodies.

Having an unmanageable pile of unidentified and unknown items saved "just in case" is not even almost as useful as the ability to identify that the "Alkalescent 3 Cloak of Natural Armor Bonus 1" should be vendored immediately.

SoS was given away to anyone that logged in during the 10th anniversary event.

Carnifex is BTA.  It's a stretch to think that you haven't gotten one on at least one reward list yet, but even if you haven't, it's not a burden to farm.  You complete the chain once as you level up for bravery bonus.  Repeating it twice more right before you reincarnate would take less than 20 minutes and get you the third completion all-everything-yes reward list.

You may not complain about past lives and simultaneously stomp your feet and refuse to prepare for them.

Lieuk's final Life will be Pure Wraps Monk!

Declaring that any character will have a final life is an excellent way to be frustrated.  The game changes.  Be like water and flow with it.

It would probably help you if you read "Who Moved My Cheese".

Groo The Wanderer wrote on Sep 8th, 2013 at 10:43pm:
they will probably congratulate themselves on how long they "kept it going" never able to see that it could have easily managed to keep itself going for far longer if they had just meddled far less drastically and with some semblance of an actual gameplan.
Darth Anonymous wrote on Feb 1st, 2014 at 1:11pm:
Hearing something has "merit" but we don't have "time" kind of says everything about how Turbine works on things.
eighnuss wrote on May 27th, 2014 at 12:52pm:
everyone but turbine knows that we are sad they are destroying our game
majmalphunktion wrote on Aug 30th, 2013 at 12:12am:
I don't make the game, I just get tested what they build. Sorry you are not happy.
Skoodge wrote on Nov 27th, 2014 at 6:54am:
DDO is easy to summarize - the greatest game to suck the most ass.
GooFY wrote on Mar 2nd, 2015 at 5:36pm:
Turbine - So incompetent that we are skeptical when they report their own incompetence.  
Meursault wrote on May 11th, 2015 at 8:10pm:
Other companies will settle for shitting out garbage, Turdbin actually prefers to. Especially if they can get us to buy it, that just cracks them up.
Meursault wrote on Nov 12th, 2015 at 2:50pm:
Breaking something and putting it back together isn't as good as not breaking it to begin with, it's not even close.
palmer01 wrote on Nov 20th, 2015 at 9:05am:
Devs do not care what players want - they already have an agenda and give out token gestures so the paladins can feel worthy.
PersonaNonGrata wrote on Oct 4th, 2016 at 1:24am:
The DDO devs aren't motivated by a positive user experience.

IP Logged

eighnuss
Epic Poster

ด้้้้้ ͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩͩ
ÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠÍŠ

Reply #67 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:21pm
Print Post  
this thread baits the fuck out of me

͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊͊DISCLAIMER: This post is provided �as is� for informational purposes only. The Department of Vault
Security (DVS) does not provide any warranties of any kind regarding any information contained within. DVS
does not endorse any commercial product or service referenced in this post or otherwise.ďżźďżź

IP Logged

Technomage
Epic Poster

And so it begins...

Reply #68 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Dickbutt wrote on May 23rd, 2016 at 2:16pm:
He was just asking a question. There's no need to aggressively push your own ideals onto him.

This.

It was just a question, Fran. I wasn't "telling" anyone to do anything.

Do not try the patience of wizards, for they are subtle and quick to anger.

We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers. We study the mysteries of laser and circuit, crystal and scanner, holographic demons and invocation of equations. These are the tools we employ, and we know many things.

The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

IP Logged

Frank
Puppy Farmer

I Love Drama!

Reply #69 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:41pm
Print Post  
Mokune wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 7:09am:
I read this too fucking much all over the Vault and the mobos and it simply is just not true. 

See now, there's a big difference between what I wrote and what you read.  I said:
"You really don't need much gear help in heroics."
You read:
"Gear doesn't matter at all in heroics."

I'm not going to argue that you could run naked from 1 to 20, but it has been done.  There's a thread on the ddoboads about it.  Which means that gear didn't matter at all to that guy.  Not even crappy "wear what you find as a new player" gear.  Zero stat boosts, zero AC or damage boosts, and he also did it without ship buffs.

That's a bit extreme, but we're talking here about Fran's huge stable of characters where he also has another huge stable of mules packed to the gills with crap he can't bear to part with.  And most of it is junk he doesn't need and will never use.

Even a first life, 28 point character can pick up the carnifex and the mornelode items.  If they were around for the 10th anni event they had access to a SoS.  After that I detailed a few 'must have' effects and very simple ways to get items that have them.  One run through Relic gets you enough ore for the gorget.  Three runs through Splinterskull gets you a Visor, and it can be awarded on the first or second run.

If you need much more gear help than these items and effects, perhaps you should try a lower difficulty level.

No, let me be Frank.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 8th, 2016 at 12:39pm:
I've had multiple RoSS rot just from doing the explorer points in Sands across multiple lives since it is exclusive.

Smart players know how to use buyback.

Digimonk wrote on Dec 22nd, 2016 at 1:58pm:
I will not chone.

I did what I did intentionally and while my primary purpose was not to annoy the other Vaulties, I acknowledge that it was a side effect.

Smart people don't elicit "side effects."  They understand in advance the consequences of their actions.

IP Logged

Rubbinns
The Undeserving Fuckwit

I Love Drama!

Reply #70 - May 24th, 2016 at 12:49pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 12:41pm:
a first life, 28 point character

I just did this. new account, no tomes, no past lives, no gear. A bf shiradi 32pt build, and a 28pt human mech. Low level quests were pita until I hit higher levels, once I got to 13+ it got much easier for me as all the new updates have insane bta gear. The shiradi was iconic and starting at lv 15 makes heroics seem really easy. That and 1st life builds gain xp so fast anyway that even if youre having trouble on HE you can simply drop down to HH and still level fast and easy. And the shiradi was rolled after the mech allowing me to plan some gear for the toon ahead of time.
« Last Edit: May 24th, 2016 at 12:51pm by Rubbinns »  

Mockduck wrote on Aug 30th, 2010 at 2:20pm:
I don't think naming names would be a good thing for me to do, but I'd pretty much add anyone who's a know-it-all dick on the list.ďż˝ Even if they are sometimes intelligent with their opinions, the way they state them in long, "i'm a lawyer at trial"-type posts makes me want to punch them in the face.ďż˝ They act like whiney babies with god complexes and then freak out if someone so much as breathes criticism in their direction.

IP Logged

Mokune
Shroud Slacker

Gimped Hairless Ape

Reply #71 - May 24th, 2016 at 1:00pm
Print Post  
Frank wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 12:41pm:
See now, there's a big difference between what I wrote and what you read.  I said:
"You really don't need much gear help in heroics."
You read:
"Gear doesn't matter at all in heroics."

I'm not going to argue that you could run naked from 1 to 20, but it has been done.  There's a thread on the ddoboads about it.  Which means that gear didn't matter at all to that guy.  Not even crappy "wear what you find as a new player" gear.  Zero stat boosts, zero AC or damage boosts, and he also did it without ship buffs.

That's a bit extreme, but we're talking here about Fran's huge stable of characters where he also has another huge stable of mules packed to the gills with crap he can't bear to part with.  And most of it is junk he doesn't need and will never use.

Even a first life, 28 point character can pick up the carnifex and the mornelode items.  If they were around for the 10th anni event they had access to a SoS.  After that I detailed a few 'must have' effects and very simple ways to get items that have them.  One run through Relic gets you enough ore for the gorget.  Three runs through Splinterskull gets you a Visor, and it can be awarded on the first or second run.

If you need much more gear help than these items and effects, perhaps you should try a lower difficulty level.

ehh...right...so I hadn't drank my coffee yet.

After 6+ years of play it's easy for me to quickly and efficiently have best in slot for 1-19 from BTC, BTA, CC, GS & Augments. The new random gear just turned everything up to eleven and gave me choice to think about.  Plus I like the gear meta-game. 

Having 32 years experience at pnp, great organizational skills and a successful efficient work ethic IRL helps keep track of it all. Of course having 8 mules named like BTAHEROIC, BTAHEROICTOO, BTAEPIC, Casterystuff, Meleestuff, etc, etc makes the task even easier.

Welcome to your sexually transmitted death sentence served in a shit-machine meat suit.

IP Logged

bob the builder
Abbot Raider

I Love Drama!

Reply #72 - May 24th, 2016 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Carnifex is still BtA right?  How can someone have so many toons and not have a carnifex by accident. 

And any toon I have that is melee, I use Carnfiex pretty much all the way to level 20 since I usually don't stop at the Shroud while levelling to make a greensteel.

IP Logged

TornadoJoe
DQ Assaulter

I Love Drama!

Reply #73 - May 24th, 2016 at 3:27pm
Print Post  
Fran I got an account for sale. Triple Heroic and Epic Completionist. Even you couldn't fuck up my end game toon. Hit me up!

IP Logged

FranOhmsford
Dragon Raider

Rule Britannia

Reply #74 - May 24th, 2016 at 3:37pm
Print Post  
OldCoaly wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 11:17am:
Random loot isn't bound.  If you're going to horde faster than you can learn to parse which combinations are relevant, create F2P accounts and mail/trade your horded crap to characters on them.

Each F2P account provides two character slots, each of which comes with 80 inventory slots without running any quests (except the Grotto) that you can examine and sort through at the same time your main character is active.

Unfortunately I seem to be psychologically incapable of creating a "Mule Toon" without ending up wanting to "play" that toon.

I have 3 alt accounts already and do actually play the characters on 2 of those accounts {the 3rd is currently just for helping a friend's guild remain at 6 accounts}.

Dual-Boxing on my laptop is also a pain though it is possible.

Instead of keeping everything because you can't tell what's worth keeping, it's more efficient to learn what's worth keeping.  There's that "learn" word again.

The recent changes to random loot spun my head - I'm having real trouble working out what should be kept - I have two guild chests full of Sceptres/Staves I may never use for instance.

You don't need best in slot gear to level.  Great gear does make a difference, but nobody suggested "POS rando gear" being appropriate. 

I agree you don't need best in slot gear to level - I regularly run with Lvl 12-23 gear right up to 28 {when I start swapping in E-Orchard gear}.

But even with that I basically have 5-10 open inv slots on my Epic Toons and in EN just grab gems and renown from chests unless I see something blatant pop up.
NPC Rewards are always going to be either Comms/Tokens or Renown unless a tome or heart shows up.

Between understanding what makes an item desirable and having a good pile of plat it's easy to find what you need to level up either as loot drops or through AH purchases.  It won't be the same as named loot accumulated with an eye for being useful across a wide range of classes over 30 lives on the same character, but it's enough to enable you to be effective and contribute as you acquire more goodies.

Once you get in a levelling group you don't have time to go to the AH - I regularly miss going to the TR Cache when levelling up because I'm doing so while still in a group.

The AH is streaky with good items and it's a common occurence for the item you're actually after to not be on there when you need it.

Also: The new random gen is difficult to search for on the AH as I haven't been able to memorize all the new names for prefixes and suffixes yet and 3rd effects don't even show up in the name!

I'm still using mainly named loot and old random gen on most of my characters.

Having an unmanageable pile of unidentified and unknown items saved "just in case" is not even almost as useful as the ability to identify that the "Alkalescent 3 Cloak of Natural Armor Bonus 1" should be vendored immediately.

Give me some benefit of the doubt please.

I've been playing 6 years now and I know Nat Armour is usually USELESS!

Alkalescent - If that's the Absorb I have no space in my gear to wear it.
If it's the Resistance I have Ship Buffs for that!
Either way it's a straight vendor item if I even bother to pick it up!

SoS was given away to anyone that logged in during the 10th anniversary event.

Did you miss the point that I was talking about my Wraps Monk?
I didn't grab a SoS on this character during the event because I had no intention of ever using a SoS on this character!

I think I took Comms to upgrade my Antipode.

Carnifex is BTA.  It's a stretch to think that you haven't gotten one on at least one reward list yet, but even if you haven't, it's not a burden to farm.  You complete the chain once as you level up for bravery bonus.  Repeating it twice more right before you reincarnate would take less than 20 minutes and get you the third completion all-everything-yes reward list.

I hate Delera's!

No way I'm going to run it 3x in one life on a character!

I do have a couple of Old Carnifexes somewhere but I think they're BtC and would have to go searching for them anyway.

You may not complain about past lives and simultaneously stomp your feet and refuse to prepare for them.

No need for Hyperbole - I'm doing no such thing!

Declaring that any character will have a final life is an excellent way to be frustrated.  The game changes.  Be like water and flow with it.

I understand the game changes but throughout all of those changes since 2010 when I started playing it's been other players saying you must play this way NOT the game!

gibbon wrote on May 24th, 2016 at 10:10am:
OK so you have a stable full of characters you're attached to. Yet some level of gameplay eludes you. So, why not copy and paste a build that's widely acknowledged on these boards to be top tier. Take it into those quests and learn them on a build that will actually come out the other side. When you learn the mechanics you can take a less well-prepared but more emotionally satisfying character through them. Run a wolf with stalwart stances. Yes, you will feel icky. Your other characters will forgive you if you actually learn something that makes them die less.

I can't stand Wolf gameplay!
Druid is the single worst Class in this game for me - Cleric and FvS are objectively weaker but at least I enjoy playing those!
I've come up with a decent way to get Druid Past Lives - 5 Barb/3 Fighter/12 Druid Occult Slayer/Stalwart with no animal or elemental form and absolutely NOTHING in Druid Trees!
It works for me in getting Druid Past Lives as I have no intention of ever playing Epics as a Druid!

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8
Send TopicPrint